• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Semi Quick Disconnect Mount Selection Help Needed

bronco9588

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2011
Charleston, SC
All,

I was thinking of adding a quick disconnect to my 700 build because I want a nice rifle scope, but for a several thousand dollar investment, I would like to be able to switch the scope between rifles fairly easily. Does anybody have any experience with either:

1) NF Unimount?
2) AD Recon?

The NF is not a true quick disconnect, but I am okay with some time between remounting. I am just more concerned with a repeatable zero. I also like the fact that they have a bubble level and inclinometer made for the NF line.

The AD seems like a very quick system, but I don't know how I feel on the screws clamping the scope aligned in the horizontal.

Lastly, is it a complete faux pas to do a QD on something different than an AR?

Re: Semi Quick Disconnect Mount Selection Help Needed

Why not just use Badger rings? They disconnect and re-connect just fine.

Good set of rings(Seekins/Badger etc) and a torque wrench. I move scopes around from time to time and it works fine and is fairly quick.

Leave the QDs for the ARs.

I agree, sounds like a Seekonk T handle or borka torque wrench and a pair of badger rings would work well for you. QD just adds shit on a precision rifle to go wrong and imo not a good idea unless it is truly something you require

I do like the one piece ring concept. I know it maybe a little bit extra weight, but I feel that that will aid in the consistency of remounting. Badger has one with 30 mm rings, that looks very similar.

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/RINGS__BASES___MOUNTS/mountsUnimountL.jpg

This thing seems like it has the same amount of surface contact area with the rail than any other pair of rings and I feel that the one piece concept keeps the scope for getting a torque imparted in the mounting.

To badgers defense, I could not copy a link from their site, but they had the same thing with the same nuts even.