• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sending a antique civil war sniper rifle to France

Renae

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2005
SF CA
Hi can anyone point me to the law on exporting antiuqe firearms. I have a friend from France who wants me to transfer an estate of 50 antique 1870 and older guns. One is a "sniper" rifle from the civial war.

Seems they can be recieved in France with out any paperwork. Whats the laws stateside. ??? It seems he will have to prove that its pre 1900 but other than that any requirements?

Can anyone point me to the law. I ready ITAR, Export control act which says 1945 and newer muzzle loaders cannot be exported. , GCA 68. But not finding what I need.

Thanks !

Re: Sending a antique civil war sniper rifle to France

Call or visit your local ATF office

Never trust legal advice received on the internet

+1 for the ATF for solid info, and you will also have to check in with the State Dept. IIRC.

OH, check with them via e-mail or mail first. Verbal is never a good thing. Paper is the only trail in town.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: praharin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call or visit your local ATF office

Never trust legal advice received on the internet </div></div>

1000+. Without proper documentation, you can find yourself in very hot water.

You may call Michael Knehs to ETSS surely will help you. 001-970-872-3770