• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shaggy's apology

chuff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
SW Colorado
This was posted elsewhere, and I thought it might be beneficial to repost it here so that everyone on the Hide can see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank & the Hide membership,

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to each of you. Over the course of the last few days, internet drama has been at an all time high, and I feel that it has been due to my improper actions. I sent an email, while I was upset at being banned from Frank's site. When I sent that email, the way I looked at it, was as an invitation to people whom I liked and respected, whom I had conversed with on a one on one basis outside of forums. Looking back and rereading that email, it was a cheap shot that was uncalled for and wrong. When I take a step back and look at the situation, I see how my actions could be construed as underhanded and inflammatory. Since perceptions are reality, that puts me and my actions clearly in the wrong. For that, I apologize to Snipershide and Frank. For the drama it has caused, I apologize to all members of both forums.

To the Vendors, Dealers and Manufacturers on this site,
I would like to extend an apology to you as well. I hope that this past week has not assuaged your beliefs in Shaun and his site. I would hope that my actions have not reflected negatively on Shaun or his work here on this site, as he was independent of my wrongdoings. These actions, and their consequences, have made me to decide to step down for the time being as a moderator on this forum.

Thank you all for your time,
Shaggy</div></div>

Re: Shaggy's apology

I'm not involved in any of this one way or the other. Gotta give the man credit for admitting his wrongs and apologizing.

Now, does anyone know if Shaggy is a full time LEO or is he auxiliary/reserve? Not that it matters, just curious.

I don't know the guy, and not sure what the guy did, but, he is steping up to his fault and mistake. I say give him another chance. We all have made mistakes before, or acted foolish or reckless with our mouths.
But, just my thoughts, and assuming that if he was given another chance that he wouldn't be fool enough to get himself banned again.

But, just me and my 2cents which doesn't count for s*&t.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone needs a definition of the term, "man-up," I do believe this is it. </div></div>

No it's not.
A honorable Man wouldn't have done it in the first place.
I'll take "It's better late than never".

Glad he apologized, but that doesn't change the past, Frank will have to decide if it changes the future.

Shaggy as a customer has always been straight. As an individual he has always been ok by me. If we choose to beat a man for making mistakes in judgement or behavior we often times fail to remember that a good man is also the hardest on himself as most of you know. No one beats us up harder than ourselves.
If this was my site, and I was assured that a vendor who was insulted or misrepresented, etc, agreed, I would vist the issue of the year ban in a month and make a decision. I would also insure that the vendors in question received an apology that they would deem worthy of any lost business.
That's me. I have been called easy going as well, but my fairness has never been questioned. If the vendors say ok, then a revisit might well be in order. Since this is not my site, nor am I a mod, I too have no real bearing on the subject in question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone needs a definition of the term, "man-up," I do believe this is it. </div></div>

No it's not.
A honorable Man wouldn't have done it in the first place.
I'll take "It's better late than never".

Glad he apologized, but that doesn't change the past, Frank will have to decide if it changes the future. </div></div>

Yeah! Because honorable men never make mistakes!

who is to say that apology wasnt writen by Shaun and forced onto Shaggy? I call bullshit, I think this is Shauns writing. Can you say damage control? I just think he is trying to save face and not loose his sponsors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who is to say that apology wasnt writen by Shaun and forced onto Shaggy? I call bullshit, I think this is Shauns writing. Can you say damage control? I just think he is trying to save face and not loose his sponsors. </div></div>

So he should maybe hang himself to satisfy the almighy Boone and USMCJ? Or Sepaku?

Please. The piling on has been shameful. The man publicly acknowledged his fault, in writing. That's something 99% percent of the males who hilariously refer to themselves as men, never do.

I certainly don't have a dog in the fight.

Before either praise or ridicule is heaped on do we even know if this apology was sent out to the vendors, individuals, etc who are involved, or was it just posted as an appeasement strategy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So he should maybe hang himself to satisfy the almighy Boone and USMCJ? Or Sepaku?

Please. The piling on has been shameful. The man publicly acknowledged his fault, in writing. That's something 99% percent of the males who hilariously refer to themselves as men, never do.

</div></div>

Well said!

Listen, I was planning on just locking this post up, so we didn't continue the back and forth between the two camps.

In the other thread, someone asked what the end game was for this, and what was necessary to bring it too an end.

Well this was what was asked, so there doesn't need to be continued friction and I'd appreciate putting this episode behind us.

Thanks

Sure seems to a lot of mea culpas going around lately.
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure seems to a lot of mea culpas going around lately.
shocked.gif
</div></div>

Don't you have a rifle to spray paint?

A better ending than I envisioned when I last checked in.

Switch and QQ are on the money, and LL standing on his word is mui bueno.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not involved in any of this one way or the other. Gotta give the man credit for admitting his wrongs and apologizing.

Now, does anyone know if Shaggy is a full time LEO or is he auxiliary/reserve? Not that it matters, just curious. </div></div>

Slap he is reserve!! He's always been straight up with me, I'm glad he did what he felt was necessary to apologize.

....and my 2 cents worth that doesn't matter....I always kinda figured what somebody said initially is what they meant and felt...what they said later was the results of what they said/did first not turning out as they expected/anticipated
smile.gif
but what do I know.

Kinda like beating your wife/girlfriend then telling her it was because you love her when you find out she called the cops.LOL

or

Employee:"This job sucks and if I don't get a raise and more vacation I am quitting"!!!

Me: "Well, your work ethics suck, your dedication to this company is awfull and you're not getting a raise or more vacation than what I get"

Employee:.."hummm, geez I will try to do better and I apologize for being an ass, not doing my job as told and being late, see you at 8 in the morning and I promise I won't be late this time"
wink.gif

It was a sad sight,start to finish and from either side of the fence.

Could only imagine what a hangnail would do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....and my 2 cents worth that doesn't matter....I always kinda figured what somebody said initially is what they meant and felt...what they said later was the results of what they said/did first not turning out as they expected/anticipated
smile.gif

Kinda like beating your wife/girlfriend then telling her it was because you love her when you find out she called the cops.LOL

or

Employee:"This job sucks and if I don't get a raise and more vacation I am quitting"!!!

Me: "Well, your work ethics suck, your dedication to this company is awfull and you're not getting a raise or more vacation than what I get"

Employee:.."hummm, geez I will try to do better and I apologize for being an ass, not doing my job as told and being late, see you at 8 in the morning and I promise I won't be late this time"
wink.gif
</div></div>

Plus 1

And there seems to be a lot less personal attacks in the posts as of lately which is better all the way around.People come here to learn or contribute and not be attacked for their opinion

Shaggy gets beat up for writing the email and Frank asks for an apology. Shaggy then apologizes and he is still getting beat up. What else do you guys want from the guy, an Internet blowjob? Get over it already. This was between Frank and Shaggy, so let them deal with it and stop instigating it. Believe it or not, we as a shooting community all look stupid with this Internet drama.

F--k drama. You are responsibe for your own actions and words. Think first....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Cute-girl-exercises.gif
</div></div>

i don't know why, but that video clip mesmerizes me......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not involved in any of this one way or the other. Gotta give the man credit for admitting his wrongs and apologizing.

Now, does anyone know if Shaggy is a full time LEO or is he auxiliary/reserve? Not that it matters, just curious. </div></div>

Slap he is reserve!! He's always been straight up with me, I'm glad he did what he felt was necessary to apologize. </div></div>

I stand corrected, Shaggy is full time LEO with SO now. And has been for some time. He doesn't advertise career moves and I wasn't aware of his current status.

I am confident he will make a fine Deputy!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I stand corrected, Shaggy is full time LEO with SO now. And has been for some time. He doesn't advertise career moves and I wasn't aware of his current status.
</div></div>

So he's no longer with Dell?

The very fact that I am still here posting at The 'Hide is prime evidence that Frank deals with these matters in a reasonable manner, and is willing to take an apology at face value.

The fact that I continue to post is also evidence that once a promise is made to keep one's actities within those limits the site rules encompass, that promise <span style="font-style: italic">must</span> be kept. I'm no angel, but I take my own promises seriously. If I wish to stay here, I have to; I have no chances left with which to gamble.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The very fact that I am still here posting at The 'Hide is prime evidence that Frank deals with these matters in a reasonable manner, and is willing to take an apology at face value.

The fact that I continue to post is also evidence that once a promise is made to keep one's actities within those limits the site rules encompass, that promise <span style="font-style: italic">must</span> be kept. I'm no angel, but I take my own promises seriously. If I wish to stay here, I have to; I have no chances left with which to gamble.

Greg

</div></div>

You're on double-secret probation?
grin.gif