• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sierra MK similarity to GK

rlbreakfield

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Mississippi
Newb question, shooting a dual purpose 308 win for hunting and steel. I read that the SGKs were designed off of the SMKs. Has anyone compared the two in the same rifle? For POI shift, accuracy, etc?

Just thinking that if I load the MKs and GKs for the same rifle, will the loads be similar for POI?

Also, what is the diff between the hollow point game king and the soft point game king? Other than the obvious exposed lead tip on the soft point game king.

Also, what is the diff between the hollow point game king and the soft point game king? Other than the obvious exposed lead tip on the soft point game king.

The hollow point supposedly doesnt open up as fast so its better for a situation where you might need to punch through heavy bone. That said my gameking will blow up a pig bones so really only something to be concerned with for large game like an elk.

Cant speak to the matchking vs gameking loads as I only use gamekings from sierra

Reactions: rlbreakfield