• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

Online I've seen about 4 posted so far.

I'm at the 2 month mark, hoping I get mine in a couple weeks.

I’m right there will you. Three days shy of 2 months. I figure maybe mid-May but I’m caution to not get my hopes up.

I’m right there will you. Three days shy of 2 months. I figure maybe mid-May but I’m caution to not get my hopes up.

Yeah I'd love 74 days or whatever it is that some got approved in but if it's 3-5 months that's a hell of a lot better than 9-12

Just saw this online. 63 days

722Yfat.jpg

Mine is still stuck in limbo. ATF cashed the tax stamp but never accepted the form, silencershop says my dealer needs to resubmit, dealer keeps submitting and gets failure messages. 🤷‍♂️

For those with eform 4s in the system, can you "see" them on your eforms account page? I see the SBR form 1 I filed, but the suppressor eform4 is not there. Normal?

Reactions: RS14
This is my first can. Bought it on Tuesday, signed the documents on Wednesday and reached out to SS today. After reading the last couple of pages of this thread, looks like I should call my dealer tomorrow? Don’t want to aggravate them, but I mean I did pay over a grand for the can and host.

Worst of all, I noticed a scratch running down the edge of the Mask. I figured Dead Air would take care of it. But I’m kicking myself for not seeing it. Went last Saturday and took it all apart, looked it over good and never once saw the scratch.

Attachments

• 849690F9-4CDF-448B-A3AD-8A37CD634D0D.png
    849690F9-4CDF-448B-A3AD-8A37CD634D0D.png
    328.5 KB · Views: 94
This is my first can. Bought it on Tuesday, signed the documents on Wednesday and reached out to SS today. After reading the last couple of pages of this thread, looks like I should call my dealer tomorrow? Don’t want to aggravate them, but I mean I did pay over a grand for the can and host.

Worst of all, I noticed a scratch running down the edge of the Mask. I figured Dead Air would take care of it. But I’m kicking myself for not seeing it. Went last Saturday and took it all apart, looked it over good and never once saw the scratch.

My dashboard has an order saying preparing forms as well after I signed my trust. Raphael told me it can take 1-4 weeks for them to get it ready for your dealer to submit. I don't think your dealer can do anything at this point.

Don't call them, it takes a bit for silencer shop to get your order ready to certify. Wait for the notification/email like the live chat said. Mine took about two weeks before it was ready to certify.

We just got our first eFile 4 approved today, 63 days! Individual, print card sent in. We have 9 more submitted near the same time, hoping to see a few more in the coming days.

Don't call them, it takes a bit for silencer shop to get your order ready to certify. Wait for the notification/email like the live chat said. Mine took about two weeks before it was ready to certify.
I’m glad I asked instead of calling. Figured the hold up was ss. Got a little concerned it was the dealer after reading the last few pages.

I’m glad I asked instead of calling. Figured the hold up was ss. Got a little concerned it was the dealer after reading the last few pages.

Some dealers are having issues for whatever reason.

Mine called me the same day I got the ready to certify notification and the certifying took like 5-10 minutes.

Have you made an eform account?

You need to know your user name and pin.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40

Mine called me the same day I got the ready to certify notification and the certifying took like 5-10 minutes.

And the emails for your eform and silencershop accounts need to be the same.
You can change the eforms email but you can't change the silencershop one (without contacting customer support)

Reactions: Clayman

Yea I’ve made an eforms account and I know the pin and username.

Reactions: Clayman
I called the dealer today and they told me to wait on the email and I’d have to go in person to certify. Then the guy told me he’d start on the form right now and I could go by tomorrow to certify.

I didn’t think a trust had to certify in person but I want to check over the paperwork good anyways. This whole process has been pretty easy, minus the waiting to certify. Sounded like I’m waiting on the dealer to do his job, not SS.

I called the dealer today and they told me to wait on the email and I’d have to go in person to certify. Then the guy told me he’d start on the form right now and I could go by tomorrow to certify.

I didn’t think a trust had to certify in person but I want to check over the paperwork good anyways. This whole process has been pretty easy, minus the waiting to certify. Sounded like I’m waiting on the dealer to do his job, not SS.
When I called my dealer this week to certify, the guy I talked to said I had to come in. I told him trusts don't have to do that and he said he'd call me back. Twenty minutes later I was on the phone with a different guy at the same dealer doing my certification over the phone.

I think we're still early enough in the process that a lot of the dudes working the phones don't know what's what.

Reactions: mwiggi and RS14
You’re right about being guinea pigs. That hasn’t crossed my mind before now. I was a little frustrated with my dealer, but everyone is still learning.

What should I be looking out for in particular when I certify? I got the ready to certify email an hour or so ago. Just double checking that everything matches the one that I docusigned? I read something about making sure the serial number does include dashes and that I am citizen? I’ve researched for hours and I have more questions than when I started.

You’re right about being guinea pigs. That hasn’t crossed my mind before now. I was a little frustrated with my dealer, but everyone is still learning.

What should I be looking out for in particular when I certify? I got the ready to certify email an hour or so ago. Just double checking that everything matches the one that I docusigned? I read something about making sure the serial number does include dashes and that I am citizen? I’ve researched for hours and I have more questions than when I started.
When you certify you will verify everything. Don’t stress .

I've done a Rugged can through SS and Thunderbeast though my class 3 SOT dealer in the new eform system and have to say it was much easier going through my dealer and mailing the prints in. No waiting to certify when I did it with my dealer compared to having to wait 2 weeks on SS to finalize paperwork. Was pretty impressed how easy it was.

When I bought my can for eform I didn't have to go to my ffl at all. It came in they called me, they entered the info into silencer shop, I bought a tax stamp from silencer shop and they added it to my order, silencer shop has my prints and photo already so I barely had to do a thing. Waited 2 weeks (early Jan) I got a call and did the joint certify session through silencer shop website, certified and done in 5-10 minutes.

Pretty awesome. Silencer shop is going to get quicker and smoother. Sounds like it only took a day or two for mwiggi for them to get his order ready to certify.

When you certify you will verify everything. Don’t stress .

Redacted. A couple seconds later he said it was submitted. I checked the form when it was emailed to me and everything looked right except there was one box where the serial number did not include the dash. Is this something to worry about? I saw a Reddit thread saying that efiles wouldn’t let you enter a space or dash. I know I’m probably overthinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSUbeatUby40

This shows the process… and 25:10 is the verification (digital signing) step.

Do NOT give your PIN to anyone.

Yeah.... You're going to want to check into that. Search capital armory or whatever threads that were out there associated with giving dealers the pin #...
Should have worded what I said differently. I entered my own info. I checked for threads about that topic and couldn’t find any. Or were you referencing the mistake with the serial number lacking a dash in box 4g?

Should have worded what I said differently. I entered my own info. I checked for threads about that topic and couldn’t find any. Or were you referencing the mistake with the serial number lacking a dash in box 4g?
That's good. Was the wording on the pin that caught everyone's attention. I hope the dash isn't an issue on serial #s. I don't remember if I looked at that or not...

Still stuck in limbo since March 7th. Something happened with silencer shop software and it thinks my submission went through. I got an email from SS but not the ATF. Dealer has been getting errors trying to resubmit. So far no help on their end from SS and I can't get an answer from SS other than "please certify your forms" which has been done and the dealer submitted a dozen times. 🤦‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: Charger442
Does anyone know if approval notifications will show up on your ATF online account? Or will we still have to wait until the dealer contacts us?

When did e forms actually start? I did mine all electronic in Nov 21 on Kiosk. Dont know if it was E form?

When did e forms actually start?

Late December 2021 the system became (once again) available for forms beyond 5320.1 after having been briefly available years ago. My first eForm, a 5320.1 was approved circa 2014.

When did e forms actually start? I did mine all electronic in Nov 21 on Kiosk. Dont know if it was E form?
What you did was the original form unless they held processing until after eforms went live. Did you use a pin to certify?

Mine was 67 days
If you dont mind me asking who did you go through and was this your first NFA item? Wondering if already being in the registry would speed things up vs first time can purchase