• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

I certified from home last night after purchasing in November. It went quick and easy once logged in. The single shot trust was worth not having to drive the hour round trip to the SOT. Now the wait begins.

My dealer got my can checked in and assigned to me in 24hrs, took me about another day to get my stamp and new pics updated, docusign done, and then the following day was able to certify. Was sent to ATF that evening and now waiting. Couldn’t be happier with the process just curious to see if it will get approved before my can I got in July does.

Reactions: FatBoy
Does anyone that has completed the eforms process and are at “Certified and Awaiting ATF approval” show anything on the ATF’s eforms website? Under “My forms” on the atf eforms website, I show “no saved items found” and “no current alerts”.

I would expect to see something on their website indicating they are processing my eform form 4 that was submitted on 1/16/2022.

Does anyone that has completed the eforms process and are at “Certified and Awaiting ATF approval” show anything on the ATF’s eforms website? Under “My forms” on the atf eforms website, I show “no saved items found” and “no current alerts”.

I would expect to see something on their website indicating they are processing my eform form 4 that was submitted on 1/16/2022.
Look up a half dozen posts

Reactions: shaun1826
Is anyone getting a check cashed email from SIlencer shop like they did with paper forms? Or does the eform not tell you when it’s cashed or is it done instantly when certifying?

You don't see anything in eforms. Cashed check or waiting, certify, etc. The ready to certify and status shows up in your silencershop account. Your Form 4 shows up in your dealers eforms account.
Yep. I called the dealer and they were able to look on thier eforms account and it show “submitted and in process”

It’s not your form why would you see it?

True, but IMO it would have made sense for the system to duplicate it in the account of both accounts who signed off. They need that log in and PIN number for a reason. If not to give you visibility, then why?

Reactions: Arc Light
True, but IMO it would have made sense for the system to duplicate it in the account of both accounts who signed off. They need that log in and PIN number for a reason. If not to give you visibility, then why?
Agreed. If this were a private enterprise, and not the government, that is exactly the way it would be. You should be able to see every step of the process in your account. That is the way countless company websites operate; too logical I guess.

I don’t disagree. Poorly written requirements implemented poorly, I’m sure.

Reactions: FatBoy
Has anyone else received an email from ATF like this after certifying?

Dear ATF eForms account user,

This email serves as a reminder that your access to ATF’s eForms portal is conditioned upon continued compliance with the ATF eForms rules of behavior.

The ATF eForms rules of behavior expressly states that “the USERID, password, and PIN are to be used solely for personal use, or in connection with the performance of your work-related responsibilities as a bona fide employee if your responsibilities require the use of ATF’s eForms on behalf of a business entity. Use of your USERID, password, or PIN by anyone other than yourself is expressly prohibited.”

Further, the ATF eForms rules of behavior states that “a federal firearms licensee (FFL) cannot submit any eForm on behalf of a customer or another FFL where the customer or other FFL must have their own account.” This means that the submission of any ATF eForm must be made by the appropriate account holder. For example, an FFL may not submit an eForm 1 on behalf of a maker because the FFL is not the maker of the firearm. Similarly, an FFL cannot use another FFL’s eForms account to submit any eForm on behalf of the other FFL.

Violations of the ATF eForms rules of behavior is considered a breach of system security and will result in ATF taking action against your ATF eForms account, up to and including account termination.

This email serves as a reminder that your access to ATF’s eForms portal is conditioned upon continued compliance with the ATF eForms rules of behavior.

The ATF eForms rules of behavior expressly states that “the USERID, password, and PIN are to be used solely for personal use, or in connection with the performance of your work-related responsibilities as a bona fide employee if your responsibilities require the use of ATF’s eForms on behalf of a business entity. Use of your USERID, password, or PIN by anyone other than yourself is expressly prohibited.”

Further, the ATF eForms rules of behavior states that “a federal firearms licensee (FFL) cannot submit any eForm on behalf of a customer or another FFL where the customer or other FFL must have their own account.” This means that the submission of any ATF eForm must be made by the appropriate account holder. For example, an FFL may not submit an eForm 1 on behalf of a maker because the FFL is not the maker of the firearm. Similarly, an FFL cannot use another FFL’s eForms account to submit any eForm on behalf of the other FFL.

Violations of the ATF eForms rules of behavior is considered a breach of system security and will result in ATF taking action against your ATF eForms account, up to and including account termination.
Haha I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to get that email. My dealer did say to ignore the ATF email that I would get but this took me by surprise.

I got it, too. Not a surprise that this has been an issue considering what a PITA it was for me to be able to type my credentials in.

Did everybody in your militia group get it? Were you guys getting paranoid? 🤣 Just kidding. It's obviously a standard disclaimer email that everyone received
I have a customer, i’ll call him “Three Jimmy James”, because holy shit he is paranoid. One rubber just ain't enough! He just bought his first couple NFA items. I bet he’s waiting for the ATF to kick his door any minute.

He’ll be reading this shortly, but he wont deny it!

If you are stuck at “preparing forms” and have not called your dealer, call your dealer. The ATF website is likely the bottle neck. Be polite and the person banging their head against the software might just push yours through while you wait. Worked for me.

Help please.

I purchased a silencer here and had it transferred to a local silencer shop kiosk. After waiting a month I have finally gotten an electronic version(not sure if it’s eform 4 or not). It has all my typical info as it should and I’m being asked to sign it. How do I know if this is the old school form 4 or the new e form version? I obviously want the eform version but don’t want to go too far as the folks locally I’m dealing with are not real familiar.

Help please.

I purchased a silencer here and had it transferred to a local silencer shop kiosk. After waiting a month I have finally gotten an electronic version(not sure if it’s eform 4 or not). It has all my typical info as it should and I’m being asked to sign it. How do I know if this is the old school form 4 or the new e form version? I obviously want the eform version but don’t want to go too far as the folks locally I’m dealing with are not real familiar.
Ask the shop you sent it to?

Reactions: HeathH
That’s the problem. They don’t give me the feeling that they have any idea of the process. I’m the one who told them the process was different and about the e form 4.
Unless you actively opted out, Silencer Shop automatically pushed all form 4s to the electronic system. I bought a suppressor just before thanksgiving and it went e-form. I’d say that if you purchased after that, you can be relatively certain it is an e-form.

Reactions: Klay23
After purchasing Dec 2, i finally certified this morning. I received the confirmation email from atfband copies of application. I have a Jr (suffix). While Jr is listed at the top of the application in my name, it wasnt used in the signature. Is that a potential issue?
I guess im paranoid as a first time suppressor buyer and the frustration of the whole efile process.

After purchasing Dec 2, i finally certified this morning. I received the confirmation email from atfband copies of application. I have a Jr (suffix). While Jr is listed at the top of the application in my name, it wasnt used in the signature. Is that a potential issue?
I guess im paranoid as a first time suppressor buyer and the frustration of the whole efile process.
You can sign however the F you want. Your signature is just your signature. They don’t even need to be legible. But, all of the typed info needs to match all of your ID docs. For example, If your DL says Jr, the App needs Jr.

Reactions: Mini 762
You can sign however the F you want. Your signature is just your signature. They don’t even need to be legible. But, all of the typed info needs to match all of your ID docs. For example, If your DL says Jr, the App needs Jr.
Ok, thanks. It does have my full name with the Jr suffix everywhere except the signature and line 13 of application(transferer necessity statement). On both the signature and line 13 it has my first/middle/last and the word "self"

Last edited:
Well we should be getting close to some approvals if the 60-90 days wasn’t complete bullshit
Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 9.57.58 AM.png

Not sure where they get their stats from, as the Efile form 4 hasn't been open for 200+ days, but it is a data point...

Reactions: RS14
I'm closing in on two months in a couple days, hoping I get my can late March-early April.

Reactions: jMarine
View attachment 7819016

Not sure where they get their stats from, as the Efile form 4 hasn't been open for 200+ days, but it is a data point...
I don't believe that's the same, I remember asking my SOT about e-filing long before the ATF announced this new Efile. They said its like $10k to get set up to do Efiles and didn't speed things up all that much. Sounds like a paperless version of the traditional form 4 but went through the exact same process.

I finally got to certify this afternoon took about 40 minutes as the ATFE website kept crashing. Ordered the suppressor November 12, 2021. My dealer was so pissed about the entire process he joked if I do my next one paper file he will pay for the tax stamp.

Reactions: Mini 762 and RS14
My dealer can't get e-file to accept the submission. Tried to submit about 6 times over the week but e-file system is not responding.

My dealer can't get e-file to accept the submission. Tried to submit about 6 times over the week but e-file system is not responding.
They just did a big update this week. Came back on-line Thursday afternoon. SS dealer side wasnt functioning for several days. Should be no issues now.

They just did a big update this week. Came back on-line Thursday afternoon. SS dealer side wasnt functioning for several days. Should be no issues now.

They tried yesterday and it still had problems. Maybe next week will work.

They tried yesterday and it still had problems. Maybe next week will work.
I was in my local shop yesterday and they were having issues too. I believe before I left around 4 it was working for them again though.

I had trouble certifying my Form 4 for about a week and a half. Finally got it to go through Wed morning.

Reactions: KZP
I had trouble certifying my Form 4 for about a week and a half. Finally got it to go through Wed morning.

I'm on week two of having troubles with the e-file form submitting. Hoping it works tomorrow.

Reactions: waspocrew
Okay, I see one person got theirs in a timely manner. Anyone else, or was that fluke?

Online I've seen about 4 posted so far.

I'm at the 2 month mark, hoping I get mine in a couple weeks.