• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

Not trying to sound like a know it all, but I worked on a number of Fed Gov acquisition programs w significant software component.

I will NOT be a beta tester for those idiots in government…and yes, Fed’s declare GA when the rest of the world looks at that level of maturity as beta if not still in dev testing.

Good luck to you brave souls blazing the path fit the rest of us.

Silencer Shop:

1. "E forms will reduce processing times to just 90 days from stamp cashed to approval!"

2. ....adds 30 days of electronic processing before submitting tax stamp payment.....
Eforms is sure selling the suppressors, that’s about the only good it’s done so far.

Reactions: reubenski
I went through this with my dealer (Bison Tactical/Silencer Shop); Bison knows exactly how it works and it was super easy.

ETA: About 8 days to go from paying for stuff to 'Ready to Certify'

Reactions: shlouf
I ordered on 11/23 and finally just got my ready to certify email today. I had called SilencerShop yesterday to ask if I could switch to a One Shot Trust instead of an individual since it hadn't been processed yet and if by doing so I wouldn't have to certify in person. They said yes and switched it around for me, all I had to do was add the One Shot Trust to my cart and pay for it. I called the dealer to try to certify and was told that because it was a One Shot Trust I would still have to certify in person?? I tried calling SilencerShop to see what the deal is and after an hour of waiting on the phone I hung up.

Has anyone else certified over the phone with a One Shot Trust?
Your dealer is incorrect. I Certified over the phone with my dealer (one shot trust). My dealer told me had i done it as an individual I would have to certify in person.

ETA: It seems like a lot of the problems come from inexperienced or mistaken dealers. My dealer has either done enough already to have seen all the gotchas or is just really good, but so far it has gone exactly like they said, and been pretty smooth.

So my dealer got my can assigned to my account today and this is where I'm at.

View attachment 7793326

Question for the guys that have forms submitted. What kind of timeline was it before the ready to certify stage?

Just got the email my documents require signature and that I should get the Docusign email by EOD. Hopefully that means they're getting the review process more streamlined.

My purchase date was 2 months ago. Everything taken care of with certify step. Silencer Shop has been telling me for a month that the "ready to certify" procedure will happen anyday on my account. They dont seem to have a clue about whats going on or atleast the representatives ive spoken with seem clueless.

Ermahgerd...... The Dominus I bought from TBAC just shipped to my dealer. Not looking forward to the above.
I had a dominus shipped to a dealer, did the eForm and one shot trust, was ready to certify like 8 days after the can arrived at the dealer, certified in a joint session with the dealer online. It wasn't bad at all so far... If it shows up in 3 months I'll be tickled.

Is anyones eform that they have certified showing up in the atf eforms? It’s been a week and mine are not there

Anyone that did the docusign and is waiting needs to get in touch with their dealer. The dealer has to start the form preparation on their dealer portal. I'm not sure if they get an email saying your form is ready to start preparing. Every "powered by" dealer has access to the full auto software for a while already.
certify.JPG

So just unpredictable if it goes smoothly for you or if you're one of the guys waiting for 2 months?

My impression after reading this and going through it is once you e-sign your docusign, it’s about a 30 day process to get the dealer to the point where they can import the SS upload to their e-file and have you certify.

If you’re not doing SS, I see no reason the dealer could not input your form4 once they have the can in hand. I don’t think anything is stopping them from manually submitting your e-file through their own ATF e-form account.

The impression I have at this point is if your not certifying your E-file form 4 within 30 days of signing a docusign this is the dealer slowing you down, but I am open to be educated here….

Reactions: reubenski
Just spoke with my transfer dealer and they havent been able to certify any, at this point. Waiting on atf issues supposedly..

My impression after reading this and going through it is once you e-sign your docusign, it’s about a 30 day process to get the dealer to the point where they can import the SS upload to their e-file and have you certify.

If you’re not doing SS, I see no reason the dealer could not input your form4 once they have the can in hand. I don’t think anything is stopping them from manually submitting your e-file through their own ATF e-form account.

The impression I have at this point is if your not certifying your E-file form 4 within 30 days of signing a docusign this is the dealer slowing you down, but I am open to be educated here….

The form should show up in the dealer's dashboard not long after the customer docusigns.
This is my convo with SS last week.

Capture_JPG-2257630.jpg

Capture2_JPG-2257632.jpg

Capture3_JPG-2257633.jpg

This whole thing is a complete cluster fuck. Almost two months and my dealer still seems clueless about what to do. And they are supposedly one of SS biggest dealers in the country. Don't think I'll be doing business with either ever again.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
This whole thing is a complete cluster fuck. Almost two months and my dealer still seems clueless about what to do. And they are supposedly one of SS biggest dealers in the country. Don't think I'll be doing business with either ever again.
Same… I ordered my can 11/20… I bailed out of eForm 2-3 weeks ago and my tax stamp has been mailed old school. I have a bunch of cans ranging from 50-220 days. Just wanted my stamp cashed asap for hopes of a batch approval

Reactions: Arc Light
I don't think batches are a real thing. I had two form 4's, both trusts cashed March 9 and March 10. Got the 9th back over a week ago. Still waiting on the 10th. I called a month ago and verified them both in a pending status. They can't even batch cans one day apart
I’ve had 9 approved at once. Ranging from 2 months to 11 months since cashed.

Reactions: RS14
There's a lot of "should be" and "shortly" in there. That must be where all the kerf is.
Agreed, but I did call my dealer right after that. She said it was there for her to start but the the website was fubar. I didn't ask which website, I could tell she was pissed from trying unsuccessfully to get it started for the previous 2 hours.

The problem is we are all applying logic to a situation that involves the Federal Government.

Let’s look beyond this e-file thing. If they are not going to remove suppressors from NFA (and in all likelihood they are not) we should be working towards a system like the TSA quick pass’s we get pre-screened and receive a PIN number that’s good for x amount of year, then when we walk in and impulse buy we type in a pin # to the system, pay the stamp with a card number and walk out with the tax stamp # and the can. Stamp comes in the mail a week later and transaction is over. If the fucking TSA can do it, how is it BATF can’t? Or won’t?

My assumption is they feel the need to background check you every time. It may be in the “law”. Seems a simple NICs (sp??) search should give them everything they need. You can guy a gun you should sure as fuck be able to buy a suppressor.

Reactions: riflegreen297

Same story here. I called them a week and a half ago to check and they blamed everything on the atf and SS and having to wait on hold for hours, which they can't do because of customers waiting.

Well my ass is a customer too, get on it. I'm probably going to go in this weekend and get then to get off their asses. I've got 3 waiting on them for fucks sake.

I'll volunteer to walk around the store on hold for them if I have to.

I don't think batches are a real thing. I had two form 4's, both trusts cashed March 9 and March 10. Got the 9th back over a week ago. Still waiting on the 10th. I called a month ago and verified them both in a pending status. They can't even batch cans one day apart
Had 6 forms approved together this month. 1 came alone, followed by 5 a day or two later.

Spoke to my dealer today and finally, finally got it all worked out. Now the status of the eForm is SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS. So here’s to 90 days...

Sat on hold waiting to talk to someone at SilencerShop today. Three hours and never got through to someone. Excellent way of fucking up a good reputation by not scaling to meet demand.

Lucky me, I've had a negative view of their "reputation" for damn near a decade now.

Reactions: Hawk in WY
Would be nice if SS would return to the thread they started and address some of these concerns we all have.

Would be nice if SS would return to the thread they started and address some of these concerns we all have.

First, Arc light, this is not directed at you. That out of the way;

They’ve been around here long enough to know if they pop back into this thread the long knives come out. I don’t blame them one bit for ghosting us. Some of the shit guys on this board are bold enough to say anonymously is fucking ridiculous.

I have about as much patience as most here, but over the last few years I think the expectation of vendors from many on this board are not realistic. We buy a product, we don’t own their time.

Reactions: owyheerat
Got 2 .22 cans done on the 20th and a cgs helios qd ti on the 24th...my dealer said some of the early ones (not done thru silencer shop) only took a month to get back....I had a trust so was able to do it over the phone, it was a little glitchy but no major problems

Mine has not moved past this point in over a month. I have spoken to my dealer and he keeps saying he either can't get logged in to submit or that he hasn't received anything from SS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-081051_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-081051_Chrome.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 100
Mine has not moved past this point in over a month. I have spoken to my dealer and he keeps saying he either can't get logged in to submit or that he hasn't received anything from SS.
That is what it looked like on mine when the dealer called and said it's ready to certify. We both logged in and in 15 minutes we were done.

Silly question. If we pay for the stamp through SS, is there any way to tell if it’s been “cashed” so to speak, after the form is submitted to the ATF?

Maybe this was covered in a later video?

Silly question. If we pay for the stamp through SS, is there any way to tell if it’s been “cashed” so to speak, after the form is submitted to the ATF?

Maybe this was covered in a later video?
They update the process bar with the date the check was cashed. At least, that is how they do it with paper forms...

Reactions: FatBoy
They update the process bar with the date the check was cashed. At least, that is how they do it with paper forms...

I don’t see that in the flow anymore ?

AF83E730-81AA-4579-9849-17C3E6679721.png

I have completed 11 eForm 4’s for customers in the last 3 weeks. I’m not a SS dealer, just an indy. All are paid, certified and “submitted/in process”. It’s really a pretty simple process.
That's cool, and good to know. I was just wondering if it really was going to be faster or if it was just to make some office jockeys at the atf's job easier? I suppose "we aren't there yet" is the real answer but if we did get there, it would be a pretty big deal .

Agreed, but I did call my dealer right after that. She said it was there for her to start but the the website was fubar. I didn't ask which website, I could tell she was pissed from trying unsuccessfully to get it started for the previous 2 hours.
Got mine submitted today. I got the eform submission email with the CLEO copy right away before the SS timeline updated.

The screen sharing thing is pretty neat.

Capture_JPG-2264297.jpg

That's cool, and good to know. I was just wondering if it really was going to be faster or if it was just to make some office jockeys at the atf's job easier? I suppose "we aren't there yet" is the real answer but if we did get there, it would be a pretty big deal .
I had some questions early on, but the “ask the experts” system and live calls were very informative. The only hang up we have now is no one in our area is doing the proper electronic fingerprints so we are sending hard cards in.

I had some questions early on, but the “ask the experts” system and live calls were very informative. The only hang up we have now is no one in our area is doing the proper electronic fingerprints so we are sending hard cards in.
That's what my buddy who is an ffl/sot /ect said. He said he had successfully filed some but was still have issues with the electronic fingerprint stuff. If they can get the bugs worked out, do you honestly believe that at some point this year we will get to a place where you can file an eform4 and have a stamp back 90 days later? Just your opinion

Did he call Silencer Shop or the ATFE?

Dealer called me, we logged in online concurrently and submitted the form to the ATF via the silencer shop website. There is a point during the process where the dealer uses their credentials, and a point at which you use yours. You each keep your credentials to yourself, hence the joint session.

Other than logging into the portal, I have not actually interacted with silencer shop other than using their kiosk and the portal, my dealer is doing everything and knows what the process is. I think a lot of these problems sound like dealers not understanding what the workflow looks like.

Reactions: Maelstrom
Was able to certify my application this morning. Got an email from ATF saying my application was "submitted/in process". Hopefully everything is in order now.

I think this was asked before, but I can't find the answer. Should I be able to see any status on my application on the ATF website when I login to my account? I checked it and see nothing.

Last edited:
Was able to certify my application this morning. Got an email from ATF saying my application was "submitted/in process". Hopefully everything is in order now.

I think this was asked before, but I can't find the answer. Should I be able to see any status on my application on the ATF website when I login to my account? I checked it and see nothing.
Would like to know for sure but I don’t think so. I did 3 eForms and non of them show, just had a form1 approved in December and that did not show up until approved.

Noticed one thing after I certified. My completed Form4 pdf that was included with the email I received from ATF is not identical to the one I submitted a month ago through the SS Kiosk. For example, question 13, the necessity statement, on my original form it says "for investment and any lawful purpose". On the one I received from ATF today it is blank. Anyone else notice this? Hope this is not going to be a problem.

That's what my buddy who is an ffl/sot /ect said. He said he had successfully filed some but was still have issues with the electronic fingerprint stuff. If they can get the bugs worked out, do you honestly believe that at some point this year we will get to a place where you can file an eform4 and have a stamp back 90 days later? Just your opinion
We will soon know. The first eForm 4’s were submitted the last week in Dec. so in March we should start hearing about people getting stamps. I’m on 3 weeks for the first few I sent. I’m sure hoping that form 4’s will be as quick as some of the others very soon.

None of my submitted forms have shown up on my customers account dashboards either.

Noticed one thing after I certified. My completed Form4 pdf that was included with the email I received from ATF is not identical to the one I submitted a month ago through the SS Kiosk. For example, question 13, the necessity statement, on my original form it says "for investment and any lawful purpose". On the one I received from ATF today it is blank. Anyone else notice this? Hope this is not going to be a problem.
The “legal purposes” isn’t needed for silencers so eforms doesn’t populate it.

Has and had anything certified through ranch and home in Kennewick, wa? I know there's a few tri-city guys on the forum.

I called a few weeks ago and they hadn't been able to do anything, apparently. "Software issues"

Stooped by today prepared to sit on hold with the ATF and SS for them just to get my cans moving, but they assured me they have done a few and it's just a long tedious process.

Based on what I've heard from other guys with successful certifications, I think they're just not doing it right, or are full of shit. About ready to have then form 3 them to someone that actually wants my business. I've got like $2500 in silencers waiting on them to certify.