• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

The e form 1's have an "E stamp" on them and you never get the real thing. I figured they'd go this route with the e form 4. Can anyone that's been approved confirm or deny?

This is incorrect. I picked up mine today after getting the email this morning. The stamp is in your email attachment. There is no physical stamp for the Efiles. It's the same way my form 1 Efile stamp came, by email.
Good to know. I was going off what the sot told me. Guess I’ll call tomorrow. I saw on the attached form there was a stamp but I took their word since they should fucking know.

I have yet to file my 2 OCL cans via eForm...

I keep hearing a bunch of bullshit this or that, this or that...

What ACTUALLY happens with the eFile system?

If I use my SS account, and it is linked to my ATF eForms account. When the ATF approves it, it should also show up approved on the SS account, correct?

Also, at first SS said that if you used a Single-Shot Trust, you didn't have to certify, you just did the DocuSign, like we've been doing for years (right up until the eForms). Now I'm hearing that no matter what Trust you use, or individual, you still have to certify it before it can be sent? So which one is it?

So, do we get physical stamps like we always have, or do we get digital stamps? Do they mail physical copies of approved eForm 4's?

Can you pick them up as soon as you get your approval email, or do you still have to wait for a stamp to arrive to the dealer?

I think we need a thread with NO BS, just stating facts of what happens when you file an eForm, so people will actually know WTF is going on...

Reactions: FatBoy

If I use my SS account, and it is linked to my ATF eForms account. When the ATF approves it, it should also show up approved on the SS account, correct?

Also, at first SS said that if you used a Single-Shot Trust, you didn't have to certify, you just did the DocuSign, like we've been doing for years (right up until the eForms). Now I'm hearing that no matter what Trust you use, or individual, you still have to certify it before it can be sent? So which one is it?

So, do we get physical stamps like we always have, or do we get digital stamps? Do they mail physical copies of approved eForm 4's?

Can you pick them up as soon as you get your approval email, or do you still have to wait for a stamp to arrive to the dealer?

I think we need a thread with NO BS, just stating facts of what happens when you file an eForm, so people will actually know WTF is going on...
I did single shot trust and I still certified with my dealer. It was early on though so not sure if it was done the way it was all intended or not but it is done and waiting.

Reactions: FuhQ
This is incorrect. I picked up mine today after getting the email this morning. The stamp is in your email attachment. There is no physical stamp for the Efiles. It's the same way my form 1 Efile stamp came, by email.
So i called them this morning, they will not release it.

I emailed Ask The Experts on eform site so maybe they will respond with definitive answer and i can throw it in their face.

Aaannndddd another dealer not knowing the rules. Shocker.

Also, @FuhQ - you have to certify everything. The trusts can be done remotely, individual filings have to be done in person.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
Double whammy on your dealers part then. May want to edit that out

Double whammy on your dealers part then. May want to edit that out
no its legit. you both login to the eforms via virtual session. you put in your pin number and sign in. its the same as if i was in the shop. there was a guy on here who gave his pin to the SOT, now that should be deleted.

You are then verified again when the 4473 is done when you pick it up.

It's not a hard process if you already have a eForms account. I bought my can from SS. I already had a SS account so my info and prints were there. When I got to the certify part, since I am an individual and not a trust, I had to go certify in person. A trust can certify over the phone. There is no physical stamp through the eForms. You get an email that has your signed documents with the stamp on it. It comes the same way that you gto your stamp if you ever did an eForms Form 1. When you get the email saying it's approved, you can go pick it up that day. I got my email yesterday morning, and had my can in my hand at 1300. One you file, it will NOT show up on your eForms account. But it does show on your SoT's eForms account. It does show up on your SS orders as well.

It's not a hard process if you already have a eForms account. I bought my can from SS. I already had a SS account so my info and prints were there. When I got to the certify part, since I am an individual and not a trust, I had to go certify in person. A trust can certify over the phone. There is no physical stamp through the eForms. You get an email that has your signed documents with the stamp on it. It comes the same way that you gto your stamp if you ever did an eForms Form 1. When you get the email saying it's approved, you can go pick it up that day. I got my email yesterday morning, and had my can in my hand at 1300. One you file, it will NOT show up on your eForms account. But it does show on your SoT's eForms account. It does show up on your SS orders as well.
So, while I file these eFile through my SS powered dealer, and use their system for my prints, SS Trust, etc... And since I have my eForms account on the ATF website, and have it linked to my SS account. Then will it show up on my SS account as the process goes along, or just on my ATF website eForms account?

My dealer is good folks, but they're so used to doing it the old way, that they're having some technical issues with "adjusting" to the new system.

Normally I would just buy my cans off the SS site, and have them Form-3'd to my local SOT, and let SS handle all the paperwork (other than the DocuSign), but these 2 new Otter Creek Labs cans I bought directly from Andrew, as part of their pre-production T&E group. So I have to do all the SS paperwork physically AT my dealer when I get ready to file. That's why I'm curious. All 5 of my previous purchases have been paper Form 4's directly through the SS website, which only required a simple DocuSign email, since my prints and all info was already in their system.

Last edited:
So, while I file these eFile through my SS powered dealer, and use their system for my prints, SS Trust, etc... And since I have my eForms account on the ATF website, and have it linked to my SS account. Then will it show up on my SS account as the process goes along, or just on my ATF website eForms account?

My dealer is good folks, but they're so used to doing it the old way, that they're having some technical issues with "adjusting" to the new system.

Normally I would just buy my cans off the SS site, and have them Form-3'd to my local SOT, and let SS handle all the paperwork (other than the DocuSign), but these 2 new Otter Creek Labs cans I bought directly from Andrew, as part of their pre-production T&E group. So I have to do all the SS paperwork physically AT my dealer when I get ready to file. That's why I'm curious. All 5 of my previous purchases have been paper Form 4's directly through the SS website, which only required a simple DocuSign email, since my prints and all info was already in their system.
You will not see anything in your eforms account. You didnt file the eform, the SOT did.

Reactions: waspocrew

It will show up on your SS account, but will not show on your eForms. But I will say that on the SS account, my order still shows awaiting ATF, but I already have the can. It lags behind the actual notification from ATF.

It will show up on your SS account, but will not show on your eForms. But I will say that on the SS account, my order still shows awaiting ATF, but I already have the can. It lags behind the actual notification from ATF.
Way behind. My ultra 7 from 3 years ago still shows awaiting ATF

no its legit. you both login to the eforms via virtual session. you put in your pin number and sign in. its the same as if i was in the shop. there was a guy on here who gave his pin to the SOT, now that should be deleted.

You are then verified again when the 4473 is done when you pick it up.

I'm pretty sure that the ATF has said multiple times that individuals must go in and certify in person. Not your fault if the dealer is leading you astray. They're definitely 0 for 1 so far on the stamp, so I wouldn't be too sure.

When I did a couple of my individual files I did the whole "are you a felon or an alien" questions on the dealer's computer. They screwed with it for a bit, then I certified with my username and pin that I input myself on their computer. No joint session screen sharing stuff.

I think either way is fine as long as you do it in person.

Aaannndddd another dealer not knowing the rules. Shocker.

Also, @FuhQ - you have to certify everything. The trusts can be done remotely, individual filings have to be done in person.
My dealer (same or both cans) madee me certify on my first efile can, then when I called to setup a time for my second, they just did it over the phone and a login session.

Seems it's really at the discretion of the dealers..

My dealer (same or both cans) madee me certify on my first efile can, then when I called to setup a time for my second, they just did it over the phone and a login session.

Seems it's really at the discretion of the dealers..
It's fine to certify online.

The SOT just can't certify on your behalf. Whether you certify in person or online doesn't matter.

I figured I’d give the aft some time to get their website in order before doing the password change for eforms. Decided to do the log in today and the website didn’t work on my laptop, kept logging me out three seconds after I logged in but using the phone was no problem. We’ll see how it goes when I buy a new can in about three weeks.

Welp boys, my first eform got denied for apparently not being a US Citizen, filed signed paperwork with SS with my dealer and has "US Citizen" checked, but the form that the ATF apparently got had "Non- US Citizen". On the hold with Silcenershop but they wont be answering my call.

Be sure to quadruple check your paperwork, not sure how this got f'd up.

This is quite the experience

Welp boys, my first eform got denied for apparently not being a US Citizen, filed signed paperwork with SS with my dealer and has "US Citizen" checked, but the form that the ATF apparently got had "Non- US Citizen". On the hold with Silcenershop but they wont be answering my call.

That sucks.

Bad news boys: my can was disapproved form with silencershop. In section 18a "citizenship" of the eform it form it is marked as other and was rejected. My docusign confirms however I selected USA but it was not submitted that way. Trying to get ahold of SilencerShop now but I don’t see a world where I’m not restarting the wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyoming8541
Bad news boys: my can was disapproved form with silencershop. In section 18a "citizenship" of the eform it form it is marked as other and was rejected. My docusign confirms however I selected USA but it was not submitted that way. Trying to get ahold of SilencerShop now but I don’t see a world where I’m not restarting the wait.
Welcome to the Team!

1:45 on hold for phone call so far. Super thrilled.

Good new for those that have had eform4s denied for typographical mistakes. If they are like eform1s, there is not provision to edit or amend the submitted form, and the only recourse is to start the paperwork over from scratch...

I've already cancelled one order through SS after myself and the dealer got zero support over 4 weeks due to their custom software bugs.

I had two that also were denied for the exact same reason! Got the notice today 🤬 now l have to start this process all over again.

When l submitted my DocuSign it said US Citizen

DocuSIgn
867926A9-230E-4320-8081-B89528A3B64D.png

Denied Form4
9C9EACF9-87B9-4C8B-8325-DEDAF89F30FD.jpeg

Last edited:
There's a ton of these same situations on red dit right now, looks like mostly from the same time frame. It also seems that SS is going with the "not our fault, get fucked" response and blaming the dealer and the customer for not checking. Not that there's anything they can do about the forms once they're submitted, but they're continuing to shit the bed in this rollout whenever they get the chance.

You can all check what yours say in the attachment you got emailed from the atf when you certified/submitted. Mine are correct but I didn't certify until April 4. Docusigned in mid November.

I still haven't submitted mine for my 2 new OCL cans... I'm hoping they've gotten all the bugs worked out by now.

There's a ton of these same situations on red dit right now, looks like mostly from the same time frame. It also seems that SS is going with the "not our fault, get fucked" response and blaming the dealer and the customer for not checking. Not that there's anything they can do about the forms once they're submitted, but they're continuing to shit the bed in this rollout whenever they get the chance.

You can all check what yours say in the attachment you got emailed from the atf when you certified/submitted. Mine are correct but I didn't certify until April 4. Docusigned in mid November.
Are they individual or trusts or both? I tried checking mine but it’s all blank...:unsure:

Are they individual or trusts or both? I tried checking mine but it’s all blank...:unsure:
You don’t answer these for trusts, a RP questionnaire is supposed to be added I believe but I don’t see it in the PDF (not in the form 1 I know I attached it to nor the silencershop form 4).

Reactions: Cypress87
You don’t answer these for trusts, a RP questionnaire is supposed to be added I believe but I don’t see it in the PDF (not in the form 1 I know I attached it to nor the silencershop form 4).
Correct. I asked my LGS the same thing when I noticed they were blank.

Finally talked to someone. They are blaming the people that submitted them but I don’t believe this many people with the same exact issue isn’t some other issue. The forms eventually became auto populates with USA but early ones were preselected to other for question 18a.

They eventually offered to pay for the stamp. Not a great outcome but a step. Now I’m getting back in line after another trip to LGS to certify

Last edited:
They tried to tell me it was all the people's fault who submitted them. I told him that's impossible for this many people to have the exact same issue and told them it was embarrassing that they want to blame us instead of find the problem or a solution. Waiting to talk to the manager Matthew Brooks now. But so far I'm fucking pissed about this and how silncershop is handling.
I asked my dealer if they could bypass the SS software and submit my info directly into eforms as we couldn't get the SS software to work. They said they don't know how. Based on that along with the massive number of "mistakes" being reported, it looks like SS uses their Full Auto software to auto complete the forms based on inputs from the docusign and your profile. It's more likely they have a bug in Full Auto checking boxes incorrectly than dealers noodling with the eform data.

They don't know how? These dudes are rediculous. They've been filling out paper form 4s for how long? They're still a form 4. Jesus Christ.

I know at least one guy has had no problems going direct through the ATF site for form 4s. Is amazing to me the ignorance most of the dealers have over computers. They're terrible, and SS is doing a good job of fucking up.

I asked my dealer if they could bypass the SS software and submit my info directly into eforms as we couldn't get the SS software to work. They said they don't know how. Based on that along with the massive number of "mistakes" being reported, it looks like SS uses their Full Auto software to auto complete the forms based on inputs from the docusign and your profile. It's more likely they have a bug in Full Auto checking boxes incorrectly than dealers noodling with the eform data.
That is probably correct, but the dealers are supposed to check the forms also after it's generated just like you check yours when docusigning. It's not an auto submission as soon as the form is created and if so the dealers still shares some of the blame because they did not check the form before being submitted.

I could be 100% wrong on this, but I believe that's correct.

On my two individual submissions with eform I had to answer the country question manually along with all the other ones.

Anybody getting eform trust approvals yet? I'm at 82 days (certified Jan 22) and seeing all these individuals getting theirs has me anxious.

My understanding of this is…

This will get the Form 4 to them right away, same as eForms for Form 1/3 currently, however the wait for the FBI is still the current drag. I have BS’d with a bunch of different approvers when calling to check status. Most of them are pretty cool and say.. “yeah, It’s the FBI”

The best part of the Eform for Form 4 (again, my understanding) is it will be emailed to your FFL. So no more waiting 15, 25….45+ fucking days for it to arrive by mail. That alone is great. Let’s see how it works.

SS just mailed my Form 4 last week. I really want another Ultra 9. Tempted to throw it in now and let them race.

You're correct, when the eForm 4 is approved, both you and the FFL will receive an email showing the status as "approved."

@SilencerShop So I have an order that is pending form 3 approval and I already completed my docusign. So does that mean I will be automatically converted to an eForm? If not what do I need to do so that I can switch to an eForm?
Hi E , If you just completed your DocuSign, yes, it'll be filed as an eForm. Since early Dec 2021, all Form 4 applications were processed electronically as an eForm. Will send a DM to you, too.

Anybody getting eform trust approvals yet? I'm at 82 days (certified Jan 22) and seeing all these individuals getting theirs has me anxious.
Single shot trust with only me on it. 87 days since certification. Nothing yet.

Last edited:
Single shot with only me, purchased Dec 18, eFile submitted Jan 20. I wonder if ATF is intentionality treating these different?

I have asked several times if anyone with a trust has gotten approved and I don’t recall even one. I’m four months since purchase. At this rate it’s going to be close to a paper form anyway IF I get it in the next 30-40 days.

I could still get it at 90 days from eFile but I’m losing my optimism. Who Fucking knows…. Hopefully it the import didn’t fuck up by citizenship.

Single shot with only me, purchased Dec 18, eFile submitted Jan 20. I wonder if ATF is intentionality treating these different?

I have asked several times if anyone with a trust has gotten approved and I don’t recall even one. I’m four months since purchase. At this rate it’s going to be close to a paper form anyway IF I get it in the next 30-40 days.

I could still get it at 90 days from eFile but I’m losing my optimism. Who Fucking knows…. Hopefully it the import didn’t fuck up by citizenship.

Paper forms are at a year+ right now.

• Sad
Reactions: FatBoy
I am willing to wait a bit for the issues to be ironed out if it means a system that can (eventually) reliably get the turn around to 90 days. If they can do that, then conceivably they could do it even faster and there are fewer arguments for taking so long. Would I love for the three cans I have purchased on the new system to be approved in under 90 days, of course. Even if they don't it will likely still be a lot less than the year on the paper system. This is the fed we are talking about, the atf specifically, and they only begrudgingly let us have cans because they haven't figured out a way to strip us completely of our rights yet. Any progress is good, even if it remains a pain in the ass.

I am willing to wait a bit for the issues to be ironed out if it means a system that can (eventually) reliably get the turn around to 90 days. If they can do that, then conceivably they could do it even faster and there are fewer arguments for taking so long. Would I love for the three cans I have purchased on the new system to be approved in under 90 days, of course. Even if they don't it will likely still be a lot less than the year on the paper system. This is the fed we are talking about, the atf specifically, and they only begrudgingly let us have cans because they haven't figured out a way to strip us completely of our rights yet. Any progress is good, even if it remains a pain in the ass.
They've been pretty consistently coming back in under 90 days. I got mine in 80. There's plenty of info out there backing this up.