• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

I've read about FBI examiners not wanting to lift a finger to complete background checks that aren't squeaky clean on several gun boards. It could involve an extra 30 minutes of work and that would be unacceptable;)

Mostly speculation I'm sure, but we are talking about the feds afterall. I'd be curious to know if anyone in this category has still been approved within the 90 days?

Any recent approvals? Just hit 90 days. Seems like there was a bunch then now they're trickling out?

I decided i'd try this whole eforms thing out since I have 2 in jail from November (literally like a day before they started holding them for eforms) and not expecting to see them until early next year if i'm lucky.

Anyway, bought a Sandman through SS and overall, the initial process has been pretty seamless / straight forward. I have the atf account. Bought the stamp and trust at the same time. Got the docusign finished and swung through my dealer to make sure things were on the up and up. They told me everything should be good after we looked through the kiosk. They said they have been getting forms approved in 60-80 days on average.

I've gone through this whole thread and havent found a solid answer yet but in my dashboard, for the new can, it's got a big "Action Required" in red on the status. When i drill into the timeline, it shows 'Documents Signed'. The 'Preparing for eForms' block is greyed out.

Is this the part where I wait for my dealer to get the paperwork from SS? Is there something else I need to do here? I have an email out to SS since Sunday but it's radio silence on that.

I’m a week into waiting on a docusign on a new stamp. 😶

91 days on my eForm and about a month more 140ish on my last paper form that didn’t get held..

Edit: eForm approved 5 minutes after this post, lol.

Last edited:
92 days, just got the email.

JgjUgTS.jpg

I decided i'd try this whole eforms thing out since I have 2 in jail from November (literally like a day before they started holding them for eforms) and not expecting to see them until early next year if i'm lucky.

Anyway, bought a Sandman through SS and overall, the initial process has been pretty seamless / straight forward. I have the atf account. Bought the stamp and trust at the same time. Got the docusign finished and swung through my dealer to make sure things were on the up and up. They told me everything should be good after we looked through the kiosk. They said they have been getting forms approved in 60-80 days on average.

I've gone through this whole thread and havent found a solid answer yet but in my dashboard, for the new can, it's got a big "Action Required" in red on the status. When i drill into the timeline, it shows 'Documents Signed'. The 'Preparing for eForms' block is greyed out.

Is this the part where I wait for my dealer to get the paperwork from SS? Is there something else I need to do here? I have an email out to SS since Sunday but it's radio silence on that.

If you bought from the SS website and not your in stock dealer inventory, you're currently waiting on the form 3 from SS to your dealer. SS is slow to process these and it can take up to 4 weeks.

Balls thats kind of what i figured so i guess i'll just sit tight then. Thank you for the response.

It'd be pretty cool if you could track that status through the SS portal.

Few weeks back I tried to refund with silencer shop telling them I'm done dealing with zero support after waiting 4 weeks to fix their bugs. They said okay, sent me an email confirming I wanted a refund which I replied yes, I'm doing a form 3 to another non SS dealer. Few weeks later no refund, no replies from them on the status.

I call my dealer just now and ask how the form 3 is going to the non SS dealer. He tells me SS called him, claimed they talked to me and resolved all the issues. SS did not talk to me about resolving the issues and I did not agree to keep it in the SS system. This caused my dealer to believe SS helped get everything certified. Now I've lost another few weeks as my dealer was sitting on the form 3 instead of transferring to the new dealer.

I originally started this process with SS in February....here I am with zero advancement. Now I have to call my CC company and do a chargeback because they have not given my refund.

Finally got the approval from the SOT that they received the physical stamps and I can come pick up my cans. Unfortunately it has to wait another week as I’m out of town

Is there a chance that my recent eform4 will make the paper form4 's that I submitted last year all get approved at the same time?

Nope. I have a paper one still in the pipeline.
That would make way too much sense I suppose. I've seen some guys get their stuff grouped and I know that the reviewer can see all of your stuff because of one time when I called and actually talked to one. I guess it just depends on the individual reviewer and if they want to or not? Might be an issue with how the background info is done too I guess. Who knows

I have 4 paper forms that were submitted on 8/24/21 through SS and were all kicked backed Tuesday for corrections. I’m at 107 days for my efile. When I spoke with NFA branch to fix what the problem on the forms I asked about the batch approval for my efile and paper. They said they wouldn’t count on it, since the efile was still pending.

I'm at 367 days for a paper form 4 and 85 days out on two electronic form 4's. It's going to be close as to which is approved first.

Got mine today. Single shot trust with only me on it.

Purchase Dec 18
Docusign Dec 23
E-file Jan 20
Approved and picked up April 26

96 day from e-file. About 126 all in.

So much to read through here. Has there been a video or walkthrough for the process? Have 9 paper stamps so this will be my first e file

So here it is may 6th and the SOt still won’t release my silencers. They still claim they need the physical stamp. So the silencers I certified in Jan and we’re approved in March are still not in my possession. They claim they can’t get an answer from ATF that the digital stamp is GTG.

I woke up today and chose violence. I called the NFA branch. Very short hold. 3 minutes. Spoke to a very nice lady named Megan. Megan was kind enough to allow me to conference her in on a call with my SOT. She told them what was what. They still wouldn’t release it without written confirmation. Megan was flabbergasted. We hung up and I told her they were as dumb as I said. Two hours later I got a call from the SOT that I’m good to go. Apparently one of the ATF regional managers caught wind, thanks Meg, and tore into the SOT. They told me as much that the call was not friendly.

So looks like tomorrow I finally get to get my KGM’s.

Won’t be using those fucks again once I get my ultra 9 from them that’s on old paper form. @Silencer Shop get your kiosk vendors under control as well as yourself. Pretty disappointed overall in the way the eform 4’s are being handled. A 2 week wait to certify is unsat. Your vendors not knowing the rules is unsat. And you not clearing it up is unsat.

So here it is may 6th and the SOt still won’t release my silencers. They still claim they need the physical stamp. So the silencers I certified in Jan and we’re approved in March are still not in my possession. They claim they can’t get an answer from ATF that the digital stamp is GTG.

I woke up today and chose violence. I called the NFA branch. Very short hold. 3 minutes. Spoke to a very nice lady named Megan. Megan was kind enough to allow me to conference her in on a call with my SOT. She told them what was what. They still wouldn’t release it without written confirmation. Megan was flabbergasted. We hung up and I told her they were as dumb as I said. Two hours later I got a call from the SOT that I’m good to go. Apparently one of the ATF regional managers caught wind, thanks Meg, and tore into the SOT. They told me as much that the call was not friendly.

Won’t be using those fucks again once I get my ultra 9 from them that’s on old paper form. @Silencer Shop get your kiosk vendors under control as well as yourself. Pretty disappointed overall in the way the eform 4’s are being handled. A 2 week wait to certify is unsat. Your vendors not knowing the rules is unsat. And you not clearing it up is unsat.
Don’t expect an answer, they get on here every once in a while to say some very irrelevant shit and just leave any issues mentioned unanswered.

Coming from the other side of the counter, we don't get any answers about questions we have for a week at least, or sometimes they are ignored all together. There are still lots of bugs dealers are trying to work through, with an uncooperative system and less than helpful tech support.

Regarding the stamp, there still has been no update to us from either the ATF or SS about how to be able to print off the stamps. We have transferred e-file without the physical stamp but confirming the digital copy. Our local ATF has said they "highly recommend" that customers have a paper copy with the device just to ease any questions about it. So we are trying to figure out a solution to make them printable for customers.

In short this is all a sh!t show, not necessarily happy about a lot of it. But as we try to tell our frustrated customers if you don't like the e-file switch your account to paper file, smooth process to submit, but you will be waiting 11-14 months as that's our current timeline we are seeing.

Reactions: stefan73
Coming from the other side of the counter, we don't get any answers about questions we have for a week at least, or sometimes they are ignored all together. There are still lots of bugs dealers are trying to work through, with an uncooperative system and less than helpful tech support.

Regarding the stamp, there still has been no update to us from either the ATF or SS about how to be able to print off the stamps. We have transferred e-file without the physical stamp but confirming the digital copy. Our local ATF has said they "highly recommend" that customers have a paper copy with the device just to ease any questions about it. So we are trying to figure out a solution to make them printable for customers.

In short this is all a sh!t show, not necessarily happy about a lot of it. But as we try to tell our frustrated customers if you don't like the e-file switch your account to paper file, smooth process to submit, but you will be waiting 11-14 months as that's our current timeline we are seeing.
It’s literally no different than an eform 1. No physical stamp there either yet no one has ever had an issue.

I'm at about 100 days with 2 eforms.

Also have a paper stamp from last July still waiting.

Tried to log into the eform site to make sure my notification preferences were set correctly- needed to reset my "expired" password which of course didn't work- form just spun after clicking submit.

Starting to regret not just using paper all around- at least I could forget about it and relax knowing it would work eventually.

But perhaps I'll get them this week and it'll all work out 😂

I thought the eform4 stuff had gotten smoothed out and wad working pretty good? Folks getting cans in 60-70 ish days????

I have 5 cans in jail. 3 from july/August last year, and 2 - eform4 in the last month or 2

I thought the eform4 stuff had gotten smoothed out and wad working pretty good? Folks getting cans in 60-70 ish days????

I have 5 cans in jail. 3 from july/August last year, and 2 - eform4 in the last month or 2
There have been reports of everything from "a few days" to well over 100 for reforms. I don't think anything will truly 'settle down' until all of the paper forms are processed and the ATF turns off that submission avenue...

I think we just saw some early approvals back in Jan - Mar. The first traunch was going to go quickly; nothing in line before them. Now I think we're seeing the true colors of the Eform. 90 - 120 days
I'll take that over 11-14 months. But they should be able to do better.

Hey Tactical, Thanks for sharing your experience and based on your experience, we sent comms to all dealers reminding them about the process to release (
). We're also sending a DM to you. - Connor

Last edited:
Reactions: stefan73