• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

They've been pretty consistently coming back in under 90 days. I got mine in 80. There's plenty of info out there backing this up.
I believe it, I have heard of a bunch of them coming back quick. This newest glitch is just that. It will get ironed out. I can't count how many times I have updated an app or OS and something doesn't work right until they patch it. I am only 2-3 weeks in to my wait, not sweating it.

If the atf wasn’t full of of incompetent shitheads, eForms would have been able to process forms immediately for instant approvals on day one back in December.

I still don’t understand at the very least how they can’t set it up so that after your 1st eform comes back, 1 or 4, the 24 month exemption qualifies you for instant approval.

So, while I file these eFile through my SS powered dealer, and use their system for my prints, SS Trust, etc... And since I have my eForms account on the ATF website, and have it linked to my SS account. Then will it show up on my SS account as the process goes along, or just on my ATF website eForms account?

My dealer is good folks, but they're so used to doing it the old way, that they're having some technical issues with "adjusting" to the new system.

Normally I would just buy my cans off the SS site, and have them Form-3'd to my local SOT, and let SS handle all the paperwork (other than the DocuSign), but these 2 new Otter Creek Labs cans I bought directly from Andrew, as part of their pre-production T&E group. So I have to do all the SS paperwork physically AT my dealer when I get ready to file. That's why I'm curious. All 5 of my previous purchases have been paper Form 4's directly through the SS website, which only required a simple DocuSign email, since my prints and all info was already in their system.
Getting your cans from Andrew doesn't need to change anything. Your dealer enters your cans into their inventory in silencershop, the dealer then assigns(links) the serial numbers to you, and everything proceeds as normal.

If the government wasn’t full of of incompetent shitheads, eForms would have been able to process forms immediately for instant approvals on day one back in December.

I still don’t understand at the very least how they can’t set it up so that after your 1st eform comes back, 1 or 4, the 24 month exemption qualifies you for instant approval.
Fixed it for you. Every new software roll out they do is always fucked up across .gov. As a .gov employee, you just expect that for the first year after they roll out something new, that it'll be broke as fuck.

Getting your cans from Andrew doesn't need to change anything. Your dealer enters your cans into their inventory in silencershop, the dealer then assigns(links) the serial numbers to you, and everything proceeds as normal.
I know all that, I’m simply asking that since my SS account has been linked to my ATF eForms account, will the progress of the submission show up in my SS account, as well as on my ATF account?

In other words, once the forms are approved, they will show up as “approved on ______” on the ATF account, and you will get an email notification. Will they also show up as approved on my SS account that has been linked to the ATF account?

I know all that, I’m simply asking that since my SS account has been linked to my ATF eForms account, will the progress of the submission show up in my SS account, as well as on my ATF account?

In other words, once the forms are approved, they will show up as “approved on ______” on the ATF account, and you will get an email notification. Will they also show up as approved on my SS account that has been linked to the ATF account?
My experience with the SS account is that you must manually enter the information to make your suppressors show as approved there. No idea about the ATF account, but being that I cannot see the eform4 submission, my feeling is that it will not appear there at all.

Reactions: FuhQ
My experience with the SS account is that you must manually enter the information to make your suppressors show as approved there. No idea about the ATF account, but being that I cannot see the eform4 submission, my feeling is that it will not appear there at all.
So, since I’ll be submitting through a dealer, it will show up on the dealer’s account, not mine, correct? It will only show up in mine, if I file as an individual, like a Form 1 or something, correct?

So, since I’ll be submitting through a dealer, it will show up on the dealer’s account, not mine, correct? It will only show up in mine, if I file as an individual, like a Form 1 or something, correct?
I think that is correct. I can see my eform1 submissions on the ATF site, but not the eform4 submitted by my dealer...

This was what I was addressing, which didn't make sense to me.

“So I have to do all the SS paperwork physically AT my dealer when I get ready to file”

To answer your question though, there is no “link” between SS and Eforms after certification.

Yes. You will see nothing on your end. The SOt is submitting on your behalf, unlike a form 1 which you submit for yourself.

Anybody getting eform trust approvals yet? I'm at 82 days (certified Jan 22) and seeing all these individuals getting theirs has me anxious.
Also interested in this. Apparently I should've filed as an individual...

Where on the ATF eforms site can you see information on progress of cans that were efiled? There is nothing on my ATF account page as of yesterday. Two of three can s have trusts finished and submitted the third is still in progress waiting for certification.

Where on the ATF eforms site can you see information on progress of cans that were efiled? There is nothing on my ATF account page as of yesterday. Two of three can s have trusts finished and submitted the third is still in progress waiting for certification.

Your FFL submits form 4 transfers, you won’t see anything in your eForms.

1649959757517.png

• Haha
Reactions: AFGWS and 7mMike
Awesome to hear that you're submitted on 2 of your 3 cans. If you received the confirmation email from the ATF (which should've arrived in your email shortly after you submitted it) you're all good. The FFL/SOT is the submitting party (not the customer), which is why you can't see the application in your eForms account. Whether you filed as a Trust (as you did for two) or an Individual, only the FFL will be able to see the application. Just curious what cans you got and what you're running them on (nothing to do with the submission, FYI)? - Terence

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Awesome to hear that you're submitted on 2 of your 3 cans. If you received the confirmation email from the ATF (which should've arrived in your email shortly after you submitted it) you're all good. The FFL/SOT is the submitting party (not the customer), which is why you can't see the application in your eForms account. Whether you filed as a Trust (as you did for two) or an Individual, only the FFL will be able to see the application. Just curious what cans you got and what you're running them on (nothing to do with the submission, FYI)? - Terence
Can u please call my fucking SOT and tell them this. They will
Not give me my goddamn cans until they get the actual stamp

@Silencer Shop Thanks for the explanation. I might actually be submitted on all three, maybe for none, I don't know? It is so confusing right now. My LGS has been very helpful so far. I purchased one can at beginning of March and two cans on same day third week of March. I have certified with LGS for all three. I have emails from [email protected] for all three cans titled "eforms application submission notification for permit/control No: xxxxxxx" telling me that the status for each can has been changed to submitted/in process. That seems like a good sign. But I got one notice for the first can saying it needed my fingerprints, which are already done in the kiosk from my previous cans I should think? And I have received emails after the update of status change telling me they are ready for me to certify with my LGS again. I suspect it is a glitch but I have no idea.

I filed SS Kiosk, Single Shot Trust for all my cans. I got an HX-QD TI 762 for my SCAR 20S 6.5, CGS Helios QD Ti for my Tavor SAR (less weight hanging of the end to keep it nimble,) and a Nomad 30 for the first of several AR-15's I plan to suppress. These will make 7 cans so far. Quickly turning into a stamp collector.

Last edited:
Call the cops and tell them your ffl has stolen your ATF regulated property. Or call the ATF and tell them the same thing.
They won’t do anything. It’s a company policy. One that isn’t disclosed up front. I’ll wait. They have 1 more on the old paper form so I don’t want to tell them to fuck off just yet.

They won’t do anything. It’s a company policy. One that isn’t disclosed up front. I’ll wait. They have 1 more on the old paper form so I don’t want to tell them to fuck off just yet.
But an actual stamp isn’t coming…

No, but I don’t know why one would. Did the form 1 guys get an actual stamp mailed? Before that was ended.

A physical stamp isn't provided to eForm 1 submitters upon approval. The form has the stamp printed on it.

@Silencer Shop Thanks for the explanation. I might actually be submitted on all three, maybe for none, I don't know? It is so confusing right now. My LGS has been very helpful so far. I purchased one can at beginning of March and two cans on same day third week of March. I have certified with LGS for all three. I have emails from [email protected] for all three cans titled "eforms application submission notification for permit/control No: xxxxxxx" telling me that the status for each can has been changed to submitted/in process. That seems like a good sign. But I got one notice for the first can saying it needed my fingerprints, which are already done in the kiosk from my previous cans I should think? And I have received emails after the update of status change telling me they are ready for me to certify with my LGS again. I suspect it is a glitch but I have no idea.

I filed SS Kiosk, Single Shot Trust for all my cans. I got an HX-QD TI 762 for my SCAR 20S 6.5, CGS Helios QD Ti for my Tavor SAR (less weight hanging of the end to keep it nimble,) and a Nomad 30 for the first of several AR-15's I plan to suppress. These will make 7 cans so far. Quickly turning into a stamp collector.
Hey ET, Sure, let's talk about it and shoutout to the helpful Powered By Silencer Shop dealer. 1) If you received the email from the ATF with "submitted" as the status, it's in their system and you're expected 90-day approval has begun. 2) "Fingerprints": The ATF is saying that fingerprints are required with the application, which we will handle for you, via the scan at the kiosk. 3) The "Ready To Certify" duplicate email is a glitch and you don't need to take any action. Awesome, choices with those cans: the Helios Inconel and steel metals are highly is durable and OSS Flow-Through technology is amazing. Anyway, it sounds like all is going well and we'll follow up with a DM, too. - Terence

I have yet to file my 2 OCL cans via eForm...

I keep hearing a bunch of bullshit this or that, this or that...

What ACTUALLY happens with the eFile system?

If I use my SS account, and it is linked to my ATF eForms account. When the ATF approves it, it should also show up approved on the SS account, correct?

Also, at first SS said that if you used a Single-Shot Trust, you didn't have to certify, you just did the DocuSign, like we've been doing for years (right up until the eForms). Now I'm hearing that no matter what Trust you use, or individual, you still have to certify it before it can be sent? So which one is it?

So, do we get physical stamps like we always have, or do we get digital stamps? Do they mail physical copies of approved eForm 4's?

Can you pick them up as soon as you get your approval email, or do you still have to wait for a stamp to arrive to the dealer?

I think we need a thread with NO BS, just stating facts of what happens when you file an eForm, so people will actually know WTF is going on...
Great questions, we'll go over it point by point: 1) When your eForm 4 is approved, you and the Powered By Silencer Shop dealer will receive an email showing the status as Approved. There will be a sync to your Silencer Shop account that will show that status, but the first point of notice will be the email from the ATF. 2) Apologies, not sure who said Single Shot Trust doesn't require certification because that's not correct. All ATF eForm 4s must be Certified: Trust and Corporation may certify remotely, Individual must certify in person at the Powered By Silencer Shop dealer (that's covered here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUAbpMYjNNQ The DocuSign still exists (as you mentioned, for years) and certification is a new step by the ATF. 3) There will not be physical stamps, because the approval is digital via email, just like the submission. 4) When you get the approval email, contact the dealer to confirm and you can pick up the item. You do not have to wait for anything via USPS. If you have any other questions, just send a DM, we'd be glad to answer. - Terence

Well, there it is. Cleared that up.

Thank you., T.

I just checked the e forms sight to check on mine and it shows DRAFT? Does that mean it’s been submitted and is waiting for approval or does that mean it hasn’t been fully submitted and they are still waiting on something?

It’s a trust and the other person on the trust shows nothing in their e forms account???? No submissions or anything.
Hi, If you received the confirmation email from the ATF (which should've arrived in your email shortly after you submitted it) you're all good. The Powered By Silencer Shop dealer can see the application because the FFL/SOT is the submitting party (not the customer). This is the same reason, why you can't see the application in your eForms account: because the dealer submitted it but not you. When the application is approved, which is expected to be in 90 days, you'll get an email from ATF with that status. If you have any further questions, feel free to just send a DM, would be glad to talk further. - Terence

Hey ET, Sure, let's talk about it and shoutout to the helpful Powered By Silencer Shop dealer. 1) If you received the email from the ATF with "submitted" as the status, it's in their system and you're expected 90-day approval has begun. 2) "Fingerprints": The ATF is saying that fingerprints are required with the application, which we will handle for you, via the scan at the kiosk. 3) The "Ready To Certify" duplicate email is a glitch and you don't need to take any action. Awesome, choices with those cans: the Helios Inconel and steel metals are highly is durable and OSS Flow-Through technology is amazing. Anyway, it sounds like all is going well and we'll follow up with a DM, too. - Terence
That is great news Terence. I suspected it was a glitch when the ready to certify emails kept popping up. Just didn't want to get 80 days in to find out something wasn't correct. I expect growing pains with any new system especially when the fed is involved. I appreciate your being willing to check in with customers here. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Silencer Shop
Great questions, we'll go over it point by point: 1) When your eForm 4 is approved, you and the Powered By Silencer Shop dealer will receive an email showing the status as Approved. There will be a sync to your Silencer Shop account that will show that status, but the first point of notice will be the email from the ATF. 2) Apologies, not sure who said Single Shot Trust doesn't require certification because that's not correct. All ATF eForm 4s must be Certified: Trust and Corporation may certify remotely, Individual must certify in person at the Powered By Silencer Shop dealer (that's covered here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUAbpMYjNNQ The DocuSign still exists (as you mentioned, for years) and certification is a new step by the ATF. 3) There will not be physical stamps, because the approval is digital via email, just like the submission. 4) When you get the approval email, contact the dealer to confirm and you can pick up the item. You do not have to wait for anything via USPS. If you have any other questions, just send a DM, we'd be glad to answer. - Terence
Awesome, thanks for the clarification. 👍🏼

Reactions: Silencer Shop
Maybe the holidays slowed them down? I signed 1-20, would like to see it this week but I’m not optimistic.

I've seen approvals from 2 days to 102 days. So who knows. I could get the email in 10 minutes or 10+ days

Yup. Trying to not be inpatient but once a number of days set as an expectation it’s tough not to be. At least for me.

Reactions: Clayman
Yup. Trying to not be inpatient but once a number of days set as an expectation it’s tough not to be. At least for me.

100%, I know it's not in SS's control but don't over promise. Technically I have till the end of today but I can't say I'm not disappointed it wasn't earlier. Still should be better than paper, seeing some people with 15+ month waits

Reactions: FatBoy
My buddy bought a 7.62 SOCOM Mini and a 5.56 Mini the same day. Submitted them both the the same day (paper). He got his 7.62 can 8 months ago and is at about 14 months with no word on the 5.56. I’d have called ATF by now.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
I wonder if efile speeds up the FBI background check as well, or does it only effect timing at the ATF? I've read in the past that if you don't have a spotless record, the FBI puts your application at the bottom of the stack where it may or may not ever be looked at again. Apparently the FBI background examiners won't do anything if it involves any extra work on their part. I wonder if people with non-disqualifying convictions, like DUI, trespassing, etc. are still getting approved within 90 days.