• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

I don't think you understood what a stamp refund for a resubmittal means... Since you did/submitted all your paperwork through SS, it means that the ATF refunded SS the money for that first stamp. Then SS holds that $205 for you. And when SS resubmitted your paperwork, SS used that same $205 to purchase ANOTHER new stamp on your behalf. They don't refund you the money, and then give you a free stamp.
They said they would cover the cost of the stamp due to their mistake and send me a check for $205 to "make things right". They offered that refund check or a tax stamp credit to use towards another purchase in the future.

They said they would cover the cost of the stamp due to their mistake and send me a check for $205 to "make things right". They offered that refund check or a tax stamp credit to use towards another purchase in the future.
Oh, well, then that's different. Might want to call them and find out. They don't normally do that.

115 days--so who's to blame here? Yeah and tired of the shit about cert times SS likes to post about

Make sure you guys check your spam folders. For some reason all my other correspondence with my dealer, SS, the eforms submittal etc all went through my normal email, but I found my approval notice from the ATF last night in my spam folder with no rhyme or reason..

Also 4 months, 1 day in case anyone wants that stat.

Make sure you guys check your spam folders. For some reason all my other correspondence with my dealer, SS, the eforms submittal etc all went through my normal email, but I found my approval notice from the ATF last night in my spam folder with no rhyme or reason..

Also 4 months, 1 day in case anyone wants that stat.
Does the dealer not get notified when it’s approved? It’s up to you to show the dealer your approved stamp?

Does the dealer not get notified when it’s approved? It’s up to you to show the dealer your approved stamp?

Yes, they get the email too. As far as them calling, Depends on the dealer. Mine called me 10 minutes after the approval came through but the place I use is generally very good to work with. They had some teething issues with this system change but appear to be rock solid now. As solid as you can be when dealing with .gov

Well it was only 6-8 before Eforms started... starting to get to diminishing returns
Diminishing as in not faster than before?
Two of my buddies have who have bought cans in recent years have never got one in 8 months of the 6 between them all were around a year wait and the most recent one was 15 months.
I didn’t know 6 months or close to that was really a thing.
Have seen people on here who put in on a can before eforms and expect one after on a eform to come through first

Diminishing as in not faster than before?
Two of my buddies have who have bought cans in recent years have never got one in 8 months of the 6 between them all were around a year wait and the most recent one was 15 months.
I didn’t know 6 months or close to that was really a thing.
Have seen people on here who put in on a can before eforms and expect one after on a eform to come through first
All depends on the timing, I ordered a number of cans in both April and October of 2020, both sets came in at around 5 months. A buddy waited until April of 21 and his took a couple days shy of a year.

Great. So we're seeing the same consistent inconsistency with tax stamp approvals in the e-file system. The vast majority NOT taking 90 days(actual 110 average) with two inexplicably taking only two weeks. And all the residual paper form 4s trending to 14 months.

My point is, why do you keep beating this 90 day drum when it's not a realistic thing to tell a customer?
Probably because everyone knows it doesn't take more than 90 days to do any kind of background check.

Probably because everyone knows it doesn't take more than 90 days to do any kind of background check.
Aaaand, the background check is done by FBI/NICS....and the "I" in NICS stands for...oh, "instant".....which its def not with regard to ATF transactions with NICS.

Its just a NICS computer search background check. Nothing more.

I could get behind a defund the ATF movement. After all, prohibition hasn't been a thing for a long time, FDA regulates tobacco and alcohol so

Sorry. I just got finished at the DMV
That sucks! Last time I went the guy before me had cussed out the entire DMV office and made sure the entire waiting room heard it. It was awkward getting called up after that.

Irony: defunds the atf. Suppressors are still NFA items. There's no one to process tax stamps. It's impossible to own any more suppressors.
Hughes Amendment kind of did this, I think? It's not that new machineguns are illegal, it's that after May 1986 the ATF is not allowed to use funding to process paperwork on transferring new MGs. Or something.

I also met a guy once who explained to me that while there is a process to regain your firearms rights after a federal conviction, that process is also never funded, so in reality there is no process to regain your firearms rights after a federal conviction.

Did you start off with the obligatory, " how are you doing?" when you walked up to the counter? 😂

Today was the most painless it's ever been. Apparently in my area they started a special line for military. From the time I showed up and looked at my paperwork and then I sat down and got a number and was called up, registered two vehicles and left, was probably 20 minutes
No, I started off with. "That was horrible, are you ok? What a jerk", and then they were really nice to me.

Called the ATF yesterday and my my final paper form 4 is still pending, and has not been assigned to an examiner... It was a 5/21/21 cash date. Then she gave me the "current wait times are still showing 8 months for paper forms..." Well lady... This one is WAY past that... WTF is taking so long? The one before that took 11 months from cash date...This one is pushing up on 13 months. She said there was a huge influx of paper forms last year, which is what is causing the delay, so to call back in 2 weeks, and hopefully there will have been some movement. 🙄🙄🙄

All the rest of mine are eForms, so I'll know when they get approved via email... But this is my final paper form, so I'm getting kind of irritated that it's taking so long, especially when guys are posting that their paper forms are getting batched and approved from as recent as LATE 2021 (Oct, Nov, Dec)...And here I am from over a year ago still waiting. They've already done 4 damn approvals in the last 12 months, and nothing has changed, so WTF...

Last edited:
I could get behind a defund the ATF movement. After all, prohibition hasn't been a thing for a long time, FDA regulates tobacco and alcohol so
We don’t get rid of gov agencies only add them
Atleast not until we elect people who care more about what’s best for us than securing jobs for the people who got them elected

I’ve two cans that will be my first eforms4
One is elite Irons new modular 375 cal asset, Will be submitted sometime this week
And the other form4 windtalker sd 416 cal
App should be submitted next week sometime.
Went through silencer central because when I called SS they said they couldn’t order direct and only had whatever ELR cans were on their site as well as silencer central doing a actual trust that I can add users for and they do it for free while SS that cost couple hundred no interest in the single shot user deal don’t plan on giving mine back to the gov if I pass

Well, fuck!

10F513B5-2A04-4C2C-8E04-134C4355A93F.jpeg

For those keeping track.

Ordered 11/23/21
Certified 2/10/22
Disapproved 6/6/22

Can someone please define “infringe” for me?

Last edited:
Well, fuck!

View attachment 7886998
For those keeping track.

Ordered 11/23/21
Certified 2/10/22
Disapproved 6/6/22

Can someone please define “infringe” for me?
So we are all screwed who have trusts filing eforms???? Wouldn't everyone have their trust name in that line? I don't know what was on mine, and when I look at the form on SS online it's blank there so I have no idea.

So the only way to find out is to call our ffl and ask them what they put then?

Last edited:
So we are all screwed who have trusts filing eforms???? Wouldn't everyone have their trust name in that line? I don't know what was on mine, and when I look at the form on SS online it's blank there so I have no idea. I guess I will go look on the atf site???
Read about that and box 10 deals with the transferor's name aka the dealer. The dealer needed to put a person's name and title in the box not just the business name. When your eForm got submitted you should've have received an email from the ATF saying it's in process. Attached to that is a copy of your Form 4. Check the box on that one as that's what's actually submitted.

This one seems like the dealer's fault since the box clearly says name and title.

So we are all screwed who have trusts filing eforms???? Wouldn't everyone have their trust name in that line? I don't know what was on mine, and when I look at the form on SS online it's blank there so I have no idea. I guess I will go look on the atf site???
Box 10 is currently ‘Name and Title of Authorized Official.’ I’m not where I can dig up the form that was filled out to see if that has changed. But, that doesn’t sound like a place for a business name to me. Either way, 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Box 10 is currently ‘Name and Title of Authorized Official.’ I’m not where I can dig up the form that was filled out to see if that has changed. But, that doesn’t sound like a place for a business name to me. Either way, 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
Yeah, that's what it shows for line 10 on my form and it has my ffl 's name, not his business name. Seems like this would be a ffl screw up

My trust SS order from start of April shows a name and not a business.

Just checked my EForm 4 from two weeks ago and mine has the actual name of a person and I assume this is the owner since his title is listed as CEO in box 10.

I have 4 pending from early March, all 4 have a name in box 10. My ffl is pretty on top of things so i didn’t expect otherwise.

My box 10s are all the name of the business owner, but no title. Guess we'll see. Won't be surprised when we all get fucked over for another 6 months.

• Sad
Reactions: KZP
My box 10s are all the name of the business owner, but no title. Guess we'll see. Won't be surprised when we all get fucked over for another 6 months.

"Form denied, box 10 font needs to be 14 point not 12" - ATF

Same... Mine is the guy's name who handles all the suppressor stuff, but no title... But he's been getting back eForms from Jan and March already, and several others, so I have no idea if it will be ok or not. 🤷🏼

"Form denied, box 10 font needs to be 14 point not 12" - ATF
I told you I think they're doing shit like this on purpose, like purposely delaying paper forms, etc... Now they're screwing with eForms to delay them... When the Republicans get the super majority in November, they need to deregulate suppressors completely!

I told you I think they're doing shit like this on purpose, like purposely delaying paper forms, etc... Now they're screwing with eForms to delay them... When the Republicans get the super majority in November, they need to deregulate suppressors completely!
I'm holding my breath. Starting now.

No, now.

No, now...

Reactions: Keel Haul and FuhQ
Looking at my form version: 1140-0014 (08/31/2022) it states "Name and Title of Authorized Official" Is name alone sufficient?

Looking at my form version: 1140-0014 (08/31/2022) it states "Name and Title of Authorized Official" Is name alone sufficient?
No one knows. Might as well email ol Joe and ask. Atf keeps changing their minds and not informing anyone.

Reactions: FuhQ
Hughes Amendment kind of did this, I think? It's not that new machineguns are illegal, it's that after May 1986 the ATF is not allowed to use funding to process paperwork on transferring new MGs. Or something.

I also met a guy once who explained to me that while there is a process to regain your firearms rights after a federal conviction, that process is also never funded, so in reality there is no process to regain your firearms rights after a federal conviction.
It appears that after this Bruen decision the Hughes Amendment is now totally unconstitutional. It won't be too long, maybe a year or so, before you can form 1 a new machine gun. My opinion, but I know I'm right on the decision.

Yeah… not gonna happen.

I’d love it if that were true and I would take out a home equity loan to buy everything I could fund 😁

Yeah… not gonna happen.

I’d love it if that were true and I would take out a home equity loan to buy everything I could fund 😁
I don't think the NFA is at risk, but Hughes Amendment absolutely violated the standard in Bruen.

I don't think the NFA is at risk, but Hughes Amendment absolutely violated the standard in Bruen.
The NFA on its own was set up PRIMARILY as a two tiered system. The wealthy have one system but the others not so much.

If it was adjusted for inflation today each NFA item would have well over a $4000 tax, per item.

The whole purpose of it is to not regulate but to discriminate.

It was set up for a giant sting operation against bootleggers. If the cops pulled over Lucky Luciano for failure to signal a lane change they could then have a basis to throw him in jail for something not really related to his main crimes but irrespective the end result could land him in prison.

The whole system was designed to create a new system of felonies. It lowered the bar tremendously for prosecuting people.

Instead of having to prosecute on the primary crimes they could just catch Mr. Luciano with a shotgun that had a 12" barrel on it.

The NFA on its own was set up PRIMARILY as a two tiered system. The wealthy have one system but the others not so much.

If it was adjusted for inflation today each NFA item would have well over a $4000 tax, per item.

The whole purpose of it is to not regulate but to discriminate.

It was set up for a giant sting operation against bootleggers. If the cops pulled over Lucky Luciano for failure to signal a lane change they could then have a basis to throw him in jail for something not really related to his main crimes but irrespective the end result could land him in prison.

The whole system was designed to create a new system of felonies. It lowered the bar tremendously for prosecuting people.

Instead of having to prosecute on the primary crimes they could just catch Mr. Luciano with a shotgun that had a 12" barrel on it.
While it was justified publicly by prohibition violence. And that’s the narrative. I suspect the Bonus Army had more to do with it…. That was the real threat to the government.

And when it came down to it Gangsters could afford the tax. Angry Vets could not.

I’m a bit worried, I’ve looked at my form 4 efile that’s 149 days since certifying. Boxes 9,10,11 are all blank. Am I looking at a disproved form 4? I can only see the docusign version from silencer shop and not the version after I certified. Would I only be able to see a completed box 9,10,11 after certifying?

I’m a bit worried, I’ve looked at my form 4 efile that’s 149 days since certifying. Boxes 9,10,11 are all blank. Am I looking at a disproved form 4? I can only see the docusign version from silencer shop and not the version after I certified. Would I only be able to see a completed box 9,10,11 after certifying?
No, the form that you sign has those blank. Your dealer fills those in after you certify. You should have gotten an email from the eForm system, after your dealer filled out their portion, with a completed form.