• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

Hey Tactical, Thanks for sharing your experience and based on your experience, we sent comms to all dealers reminding them about the process to release ( https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ws-update-atf-eforms-launch-imminent.7101593/ ). We're also sending a DM to you. - Connor
@SilencerShop Hey, my dealer is still waiting to hear back from the Dealer Rep to fix a system glitch that mislabeled one of my cans and wouldn't allow the 0's in the serial number. It was a can that yall don't sell, so it was directly Form-3'd to my dealer from the manufacturer, and when trying to assign it to me, it didn't list the correct model number in the system, and it wouldn't allow the consecutive zeros in the serial number to show up so it just erased them when entering it.

My stamp and Single-Shot are purchased, everything is ready. Now we're just waiting on yall's dealer rep to contact my dealer so they can fix it in the system together, so I can sign everything and certify.

Whoever runs the SS instagram is aware of the issue, but my dealer says he still hasn't heard from the rep yet...And that's been several weeks now.

Reactions: 232593
Awesome, @TacticalDillhole
I'm at about 100 days with 2 eforms.

Also have a paper stamp from last July still waiting.

Tried to log into the eform site to make sure my notification preferences were set correctly- needed to reset my "expired" password which of course didn't work- form just spun after clicking submit.

Starting to regret not just using paper all around- at least I could forget about it and relax knowing it would work eventually.

But perhaps I'll get them this week and it'll all work out 😂
Hey @CaptArab, Making sure everything is good with your eForm 4 submission. When you/Powered By Silencer Shop dealer submitted your eForm 4, you should've received an email from the ATF that showed the status of "submitted." When there is a status change (to "approved") both you and the dealer will get another email from the ATF with that status change. We'll send a DM to you, stay in touch if you have any further Qs. - Connor

@SilencerShop Hey, my dealer is still waiting to hear back from the Dealer Rep to fix a system glitch that mislabeled one of my cans and wouldn't allow the 0's in the serial number. It was a can that yall don't sell, so it was directly Form-3'd to my dealer from the manufacturer, and when trying to assign it to me, it didn't list the correct model number in the system, and it wouldn't allow the consecutive zeros in the serial number to show up so it just erased them when entering it.

My stamp and Single-Shot are purchased, everything is ready. Now we're just waiting on yall's dealer rep to contact my dealer so they can fix it in the system together, so I can sign everything and certify.

Whoever runs the SS instagram is aware of the issue, but my dealer says he still hasn't heard from the rep yet...And that's been several weeks now.
Thanks for making me aware of this issue FuhQ! Sorry, you are having label issues, sending you a DM now to get this fixed so we can get your order moving forward! -Connor

Reactions: stefan73 and FuhQ
How long should it be after purchasing the tax stamp for me to certify with my dealer? I was under the impression it would be a few days?

How long should it be after purchasing the tax stamp for me to certify with my dealer? I was under the impression it would be a few days?

Up to 4 weeks if you bought it online and it's not on the shelf at your local dealer.

You can just write "fucked"
The other board I am on doesn't allow that. I've written fvcked so many times, that the phone autocorrects to it now. Believe me I am not impervious to using fuck..

You will probably see a lot of ruhtard from me instead of retard simply for the same reason..

I'm over 90 also, bullshit in my opinion. Of course not part of that was sitting until the finger pointing stopped and it got certified, was ready to have it sent to another dealer.

Just did my first eForm this afternoon, and Cert'd it this evening with the dealer (cans have been at the dealer for months waiting on me to get the money to buy stamps). I decided to go with the Hydrogen-S first, since it's my new favorite for the .300 BLK. 😏

All I gotta say is... What was wrong with the old system, and just making it completely digital to make things exponentially faster??? That would have made entirely too much sense, right? The entire certification process is nothing more than a hassle and a headache. Who does it benefit??? I'm asking seriously... 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

It's almost like someone said, "Hey! This works great! But how can we toss a handful of dicks into this recipe...? 🤔"

There is zero reason why one can't simply go into a dealer, fill out a 4473, mark a block for tax paid after BR check, pay the 200 and the dealer submit a monthly payment to the govt for the number of stamps purchased. Electronic stamp generated and sent to both parties.

There is zero reason why one can't simply go into a dealer, fill out a 4473, mark a block for tax paid after BR check, pay the 200 and the dealer submit a monthly payment to the govt for the number of stamps purchased. Electronic stamp generated and sent to both parties.
Exactly! Been saying that for years. I’d even still pay the $200 tax. Just let me take my damn can home that day.

Weird, I certified on Feb 4 and called the NFA branch on May 16. Pending...

Government agencies have a poor track record of efficiency and keeping their word. The ATF is no different. If there’s a way to fuck up a process, they’ll find it and do it 9 ways from Sunday.

My first e file can came back in under 90 days, but it was submitted when everyone and their mother was having problems with the website. I’m not holding my breath that the one I have in jail now will meet the 90 day or better mark.

I'm at

E-file: 101 days
Paper: 381 days

If you pursue that Reddit link you'll see the current average is 110days. And that appears to be a sliding window, moving to the right as E files continue to pick up. There is some conjecture that in a month we could be looking at 120 days. Take from that whatever you want.
Yeah, we’re on the same page. Get all of your eform4s in now, before that window slides out to a year like the paper forms.

Reactions: FuhQ
Hey @BuildingConceptsllc, people have posted about going from order placed to Submitted in approx one week. The variable being the Form 3: Silencer Shop files with the ATF within 1-2 days of your order and when they approve, we ship to the dealer within 1-2 days. The Form 3 could be approved in a day or two, but we've also seen the ATF take 2 weeks for their review. All of that being said, if you don't have the Ready To Certify email within 3 weeks from the date of your order, that's inordinately long. We'll send a DM to you as well so we can keep in touch if you need further assistance. - Connor

I'm over 90 also, bullshit in my opinion. Of course not part of that was sitting until the finger pointing stopped and it got certified, was ready to have it sent to another dealer.
Hey @mark5pt56, Good to work with you on your eForm 4. The ATF has been saying (since Jan) that they're "committed" to processing times of 90 days. Going to follow up with you too about the issues you mentioned getting certified, because that shouldn't have been the case and we want to make sure things are working for you. - Connor

I'm at

E-file: 101 days
Paper: 381 days

If you pursue that Reddit link you'll see the current average is 110days. And that appears to be a sliding window, moving to the right as E files continue to pick up. There is some conjecture that in a month we could be looking at 120 days. Take from that whatever you want.
Hey @reubenski, Good to be working together on two stamps. As with any gov't programs, exact timing can't be predicted but the ATF has said they're committed to 90 days. Interestingly (and much faster than 90 days), we've seen a May eForm 4 submitted with a Silencer Shop dealer already come back approved (2 weeks, non-expedited). Will send a DM so we can keep in touch if you have Qs. - Connor

Hey @BuildingConceptsllc, people have posted about going from order placed to Submitted in approx one week. The variable being the Form 3: Silencer Shop files with the ATF within 1-2 days of your order and when they approve, we ship to the dealer within 1-2 days. The Form 3 could be approved in a day or two, but we've also seen the ATF take 2 weeks for their review. All of that being said, if you don't have the Ready To Certify email within 3 weeks from the date of your order, that's inordinately long. We'll send a DM to you as well so we can keep in touch if you need further assistance. - Connor
Thanks. They actually have the can already so, it's just a form 4 I believe. It's a trust if that matters. I got your pm (Thank you!) And responded there.

Thanks. They actually have the can already so, it's just a form 4 I believe. It's a trust if that matters. I got your pm (Thank you!) And responded there.
My dealer has my OCL cans already. If the dealer doesn't fuck around, and SS is quick on the ball, you can DocuSign and Certify in the same day...

Mine was DocuSigned around 2pm while I was at work, and by the time I got home (around 5pm), my dealer called and asked me if I had time to certify, since he was sitting around bored. LOL So, it's really up to the dealer and SS how fast they process your DocuSign, and paperwork, and send you the email for you to do your certification. 👍🏼

Mine was with a Single-Shot Trust, as well.

My dealer has my OCL cans already. If the dealer doesn't fuck around, and SS is quick on the ball, you can DocuSign and Certify in the same day...

Mine was DocuSigned around 2pm while I was at work, and by the time I got home (around 5pm), my dealer called and asked me if I had time to certify, since he was sitting around bored. LOL So, it's really up to the dealer and SS how fast they process your DocuSign, and paperwork, and send you the email for you to do your certification. 👍🏼

Yeah I meant to call them today but it's just rough right now with work being so crazy. I had their number up and never could get it dialed due to someone else calling or some other issue. I will set a reminder tomorrow. This should have been done by now. Mine is a gun trust but it's not a single shot. All of mine are in the same trust.

Reactions: FuhQ

Largest wait for me has been Docusign, outside of my first eForm 4 where I waited about six weeks to certify. My most recent eForm 4 took two weeks from assignment by dealer to Docusign and an additional 3 days from there for the ready to certify email.

Largest wait for me has been Docusign, outside of my first eForm 4 where I waited about six weeks to certify. My most recent eForm 4 took two weeks from assignment by dealer to Docusign and an additional 3 days from there for the ready to certify email.
6 weeks to certify? I'd be getting on that dealer about being lazy...Or finding a new dealer.

6 weeks to certify? I'd be getting on that dealer about being lazy...Or finding a new dealer.
It was docusigned in December, I got fucked by the “launch” of eForms. Silencershop was the hang up all of December and most of January.

It was docusigned in December, I got fucked by the “launch” of eForms. Silencershop was the hang up all of December and most of January.
That sucks... That's why when I got my OCL cans back in late Feb/early March, I waited until now to do my eForms... I wanted to make sure all the bugs were worked-out and the kinks iron-out before I submitted mine. I'm at the range (my dealer) all the time, and I hear them bitching about things, and when I finally stopped hearing them bitching so much, I knew that was the time.

I knew there would be growing pains...There always is when an entirely new system is introduced and a functioning (albeit molasses slowly) system is obsoleted. It throws monkey wrenches in everything.

Effective immediately (June 3, 2022), If you registered for an ATF eForm 4 as an “Individual” you certify your eForm 4 applications remotely! Certifying and submitted remotely for Individuals is identical to the process for customers whom registered as a Trust or Corporation.

Silencer Shop dealers are aware and if they have questions we'd be glad to reach out to that dealer.

ATF is planning to update the online instructions soon, and have confirmed that the current ‘in-person’ instruction is being removed.

Any Qs? Just send us a DM!

Effective immediately (June 3, 2022), If you registered for an ATF eForm 4 as an “Individual” you certify your eForm 4 applications remotely! Certifying and submitted remotely for Individuals is identical to the process for customers whom registered as a Trust or Corporation.

Silencer Shop dealers are aware and if they have questions we'd be glad to reach out to that dealer.

ATF is planning to update the online instructions soon, and have confirmed that the current ‘in-person’ instruction is being removed.

Any Qs? Just send us a DM!
Hey man. Any particular reason the forms documents randomly showed up on my dashboard? They were not there until maybe 5 days ago.

I'm sitting at 128 days on my eform after Silencershop's software changed my form 4 to "non-citizen". They promised they would refund the stamp immediately via check and re-submit the paperwork. The form 4 got re-submitted but no check from Silencershop on the stamp refund. Starting to seem like they just said that to smooth over the situation.

Losing faith in these dudes again

I'm sitting at 128 days on my eform after Silencershop's software changed my form 4 to "non-citizen". They promised they would refund the stamp immediately via check and re-submit the paperwork. The form 4 got re-submitted but no check from Silencershop on the stamp refund. Starting to seem like they just said that to smooth over the situation.

Losing faith in these dudes again
I don't think you understood what a stamp refund for a resubmittal means... Since you did/submitted all your paperwork through SS, it means that the ATF refunded SS the money for that first stamp. Then SS holds that $205 for you. And when SS resubmitted your paperwork, SS used that same $205 to purchase ANOTHER new stamp on your behalf. They don't refund you the money, and then give you a free stamp...Nobody does that. They all just hold that money for you, until they resubmit your paperwork. It's pretty much SOP.

When my old dealer got the ATF audit, and the ATF chose to disapprove over 100 Form-4's, and then resubmit them a few months later, my Obsidian 45 got caught up in that shit. They refunded the money to the dealer, who then had to resubmit all the paperwork again to the ATF.

Last edited: