• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

That’s my understanding as of now. But it’s not SS, it’s ATF requiring it.
That was not the case for me. I did a single shot trust and was able to Certify from my house. I immediately got an email afterwards from ATF that my Eforms submission has changed to Submitted/In Process.

Is silencershop making everyone come in to the shop for the final certification, individual or trust?
I was told it's just individuals that have to certify in person. A trust can do it over the phone.

That was not the case for me. I did a single shot trust and was able to Certify from my house. I immediately got an email afterwards from ATF that my Eforms submission has changed to Submitted/In Process.
Must be nice to even be at that point. I have been waiting 4 weeks now to have my last two even filed.

Anyone gotten the "Ready to certify" email for finalize the eform submission with your dealer? I called my dealer and they seemed in the dark about the process. Anyone have input on how the process has been going so far? I know it is a new system but figured it would be moving faster than this. I ordered the can from SS during the black friday deals and finished paperwork at the kiosk a few days later. Still havent heard a word since.

Anyone gotten the "Ready to certify" email for finalize the eform submission with your dealer? I called my dealer and they seemed in the dark about the process. Anyone have input on how the process has been going so far? I know it is a new system but figured it would be moving faster than this. I ordered the can from SS during the black friday deals and finished paperwork at the kiosk a few days later. Still havent heard a word since.
That one is probably going the traditional route. They cash your stamp already?

That one is probably going the traditional route. They cash your stamp already?
Contacted Silencershop and they held the paperwork back to submit it via eforms instead of paper, but I guess the processing is taking longer than expected. I filed individual form 4, so I know it needs to be certified in person but figured it would have happened by now :ROFLMAO:

Is silencershop hatching these apps for people? I filed one, the other still dosnt have he info from silencershop for my dealer to certify the eform. I gave up on contacting silencershop we are in an all out shit show now

That’s my understanding as of now. But it’s not SS, it’s ATF requiring it.

There was some talk about trust submissions not needing to come in but I had to with a single shot, and was happy to do so. Not the most convenient thing but if it actually does save a few months it will have been worth it.

Process was pretty cool. Dealer/SOT logged into ATF, they have a SS screen running too in the background. They put in my email, read me off the brand/SN and hit enter. It fills out the eform automatically while we sit there. (Maybe 2 minutes) Then a screen pops of for me to put in my log in/PIN. I do and it swaps to their log in/PIN . It runs about 2 more minutes and reverts back to the eForm screen. 10 minutes later I had an email from SS that my status changed and this morning I got a copy of my finalized trust.

All in all, besides the initial confusion, pretty painless.

Contacted Silencershop and they held the paperwork back to submit it via eforms instead of paper, but I guess the processing is taking longer than expected. I filed individual form 4, so I know it needs to be certified in person but figured it would have happened by now :ROFLMAO:
Ordered mine 11/23 from SS, not even knowing that there was an e-form coming. Expected it to go paper, but it was held back for the e-form cluster-F. Still no ready to certify.

i ship high scale software ever 2 weeks. No down time. My product does around 100 mil transaction a montj and doesmt blick, wtf is silencershop and atf doing. this shit isnt hard.
I’m going to make a PR to fix the typos. Please merge and approve for next step in the CI/CD chain.

Reactions: TheOE800
I’m going to make a PR to fix the typos. Please merge and approve for next step in the CI/CD chain.
I went the single shot trust route. I received a call from my lgs and he and I certified my can online. It was quick and easy.
I just hopes it continues to go smooth...

I went the single shot trust route. I received a call from my lgs and he and I certified my can online. It was quick and easy.
I just hopes it continues to go smooth...
Did you get a link from SS or did you just give them your pin over the phone?

You log into your ss account and you hit a join session button. It will open a shared session window, your ffl puts in some info and then you enter your eform user ID and pin. Then you guys hit submit.

It took all of like 1 minute.

Reactions: shlouf
LGS rep (with SS kiosk) was logged into SS, he had me log into my SS account then open 'join session' window. He took control of my computer and logged into ATF, it had me answer some questions then enter my username and pin. Done!

Reactions: craigos and shlouf
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification

Just got my TBAC can done today... here is what I know:

1.) While theoretically every dealer has access to the software, the order might not show up as an eForm order until Silencershop does something that makes it available for the dealer to be able to "see" it. It took a couple days and my dealer e-mailing them to get it to appear. (My dealer is also a friend and co-worker, so I know he's not lying)

2.) Once it appeared, the "full-auto" software basically opens up eForms and auto populates and auto clicks through the website.

3.) It took him 2-3 tries because it crashed/bombed out on him... but once he got through it... it ended and said it was waiting on payment or something for the stamp. (I had already paid)

4.) About 30 minutes later, it appeared that he could have me certify (trusts can be done remotely, individuals have to do it in person). I was a trust. He clicks something in his portal, and then a "Join Session" button appeared in my Silencershop Account. (Login to SS, Goto My Account, Scroll to the bottom and you will see e-Forms. I had to hit the reload icon to get it to appear.)

5.) When you "Join the session" you are basically doing a screenshare like TeamViewer or VNC, etc... You can see what your dealer is doing. You enter your USERNAME and PIN. The Dealer then enters his PIN. and it goes through some screen where you can tell Silencershop is inputting their credit card info to pay. (it's automated and their CC# is hidden, but you can tell that's what it's doing).

So if your dealer is telling you he can't do it... it's probably because he can't see your order in the eForm section of SilencerShop's new website. Have him ping SS and they will twiddle-some-bits and make it appear for him... after that it's pretty easy

Curious why they had me come in as I started a single shot for this can? Maybe they didn’t know? He did say the program is not the most stable and was worried it was going to crash when it seemed to stall. Possible they don’t trust the screen share working or it caused problems? I’ll probably never know….

What a shit show. Can we just have paper form 4's and 8 mos wait times back?

🤣🤣🤣
lol... I kinda feel bad for SS... you can tell they had to jerry-rig this whole thing... it's too bad the ATF couldn't just give them a simple API to upload the freaking form 4's... then just have you login and enter a pin.

Seems like it could be made much, much easier... but I suspect the atf is a PITA to work with

What a shit show. Can we just have paper form 4's and 8 mos wait times back?

🤣🤣🤣

Idk it was extremely easy for me. With SS already having my prints, picture, trust, buying a stamp with them I didn't even have to show up in person at my ffl for any of it. My can was waiting to be certified for like maybe 10 days, I got a phone call from ffl, I log in to my ss account, hit a join session button, we fill out a small amount of info, user ID and pin, submit. Done.

People getting mad because they had to wait 2 weeks when the estimated completion time is supposed to be like 8 months faster than current approvals. Like relax and be patient it's a new system. You are still going to get your can many months sooner.

Reactions: craigos
I don't have a new e-file in the system. But casually reading this thread it seems like a totally mixed bag. I thought about starting a Form 1 but I'm not even going to bother until it all gets sorted out…

I’m curious how it’s going to go. It has potential to be faster. I suspect if it really is, it also has potential to increase the rate at which people buy them, adding more volume to the systems and making it harder to get cans if supply can’t scale. A really positive first batch could cause it to actually slow down. (Always the optimist)

I’m the end it’s hurry up and wait. In the meantime, I need three more Surefire muzzle devices.

I don't have a new e-file in the system. But casually reading this thread it seems like a totally mixed bag. I thought about starting a Form 1 but I'm not even going to bother until it all gets sorted out.

On a separate note, don't tell me, "...like relax and be patient.."
Form 1 is easy. You do that yourself.

You won't see your submitted from, only your dealer can on their eforms account. You might see it once approved but I doubt it.
i would assume the stamp will show up in the transferee account .. it really has to.

Idk it was extremely easy for me. With SS already having my prints, picture, trust, buying a stamp with them I didn't even have to show up in person at my ffl for any of it. My can was waiting to be certified for like maybe 10 days, I got a phone call from ffl, I log in to my ss account, hit a join session button, we fill out a small amount of info, user ID and pin, submit. Done.

People getting mad because they had to wait 2 weeks when the estimated completion time is supposed to be like 8 months faster than current approvals. Like relax and be patient it's a new system. You are still going to get your can many months sooner.
Amen. do the math people. Shit it could take us 6 months to figure this shit out, it will still be quicker than a paper form 4

Talked to my dealer today. They said they haven't been able to do shit since either ATF or SS is always down and they can't sit on hold for hours with other customers in the store.

Hurry up and wait, I guess. Both my eforms were originally bought in November....

Maybe by the time my sico bogo can is shipped they'll have something ironed out.

Talked to my dealer today. They said they haven't been able to do shit since either ATF or SS is always down and they can't sit on hold for hours with other customers in the store.

Hurry up and wait, I guess. Both my eforms were originally bought in November....

Maybe by the time my sico bogo can is shipped they'll have something ironed out.
Try connecting with SS live chat. Took me an hour to get on with someone but I explained to them my dealer was new
to efiling and having issues setting things up. They said they would call the dealer and explain the new system. Next day I called the dealer. Sure enough SS had already called them and helped them get started.

Anyone who filed form 4 individual with SS, log into your account and go to the dashboard. I just checked mine and there is a "Ready To Certify, contact dealer" link is now available on my dashboard.

Hope this helps

Anyone who filed form 4 individual with SS, log into your account and go to the dashboard. I just checked mine and there is a "Ready To Certify, contact dealer" link is now available on my dashboard.

Hope this helps
That's all dependant on the dealer. Once they process you stuff, you can certify. I think that needs to happen before SS says you're ready to go.

^ I think it’s the opposite, once silencer shop is ready all Iv done is go in and have them open the program they have, sign and done.

I just completed my second. It took a week for silencershop to say ready to certify, I bought the van from the dealer, which files through silencershop, so I wasn’t waiting on the dealer at all.

Today the program ran smooth, me and a buddy were done in 15 minutes.

^ I think it’s the opposite, once silencer shop is ready all Iv done is go in and have them open the program they have, sign and done.

I just completed my second. It took a week for silencershop to say ready to certify, I bought the van from the dealer, which files through silencershop, so I wasn’t waiting on the dealer at all.

Today the program ran smooth, me and a buddy were done in 15 minutes.

Did you get an email that said you were ready to certify?

I'm still stuck in limbo on my SS dashboard at "ready to certify" in yellow. It my dealer said they haven't been able to do anything.

Did you get an email that said you were ready to certify?

I'm still stuck in limbo on my SS dashboard at "ready to certify" in yellow. It my dealer said they haven't been able to do anything.
I did get an email on the first from the dealer. The second I just went in when it popped up as ready to certify. Sounds like your dealer is still figuring it out. Even though the dealer had everything for a can that was a dealer direct can, they still waited for silencershop to put together the paperwork, followed by that the dealer opened the program and certified it with me present.

As far as I know silencerco is basically preparing everything and the dealer is just giving it the blessing to pass it along legally, as in an in state dealer. Don’t quote me on that but from how Iv been seeing it going it certainly seems that way. Not a bad thing.

I’d get on your dealer, as it should be coming down the pipe. Today things went way smoother for me than last week.

So my dealer got my can assigned to my account today and this is where I'm at.

Capture.JPG

Question for the guys that have forms submitted. What kind of timeline was it before the ready to certify stage?

I stopped by my local dealer today, supposedly one of SS biggest dealer's in the country. They gave me some story about SS being away at Shot Show and ATF having software problems. Said they "hope" to be able to start validating applications next week.

Had I known this would be such a cluster fuck, I would have just waited 2 or 3 months to buy my can. I'll probably end up wasting 2 months with zero movement on my application.

I stopped by my local dealer today, supposedly one of SS biggest dealer's in the country. They gave me some story about SS being away at Shot Show and ATF having software problems. Said they "hope" to be able to start validating applications next week.

Had I known this would be such a cluster fuck, I would have just waited 2 or 3 months to buy my can. I'll probably end up wasting 2 months with zero movement on my application.
same here.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Same story here.

@shlouf - I've been sitting at ready to certify for a month now. Everything before that was done within a week or two I think.

Ordered mine 11/23 from SS, not even knowing that there was an e-form coming. Expected it to go paper, but it was held back for the e-form cluster-F. Still no ready to certify.
same boat. when I go through, it says "ready to certify", so I used the messenger system to confirm that I did not miss the email, and they said just hang tight for a week or so. Also found out the my FFL / SOT is moving out of state. I have another can that the check was cashed on March 6th still sitting with him.

I ordered on 11/23 and finally just got my ready to certify email today. I had called SilencerShop yesterday to ask if I could switch to a One Shot Trust instead of an individual since it hadn't been processed yet and if by doing so I wouldn't have to certify in person. They said yes and switched it around for me, all I had to do was add the One Shot Trust to my cart and pay for it. I called the dealer to try to certify and was told that because it was a One Shot Trust I would still have to certify in person?? I tried calling SilencerShop to see what the deal is and after an hour of waiting on the phone I hung up.

Has anyone else certified over the phone with a One Shot Trust?

I ordered on 11/23 and finally just got my ready to certify email today. I had called SilencerShop yesterday to ask if I could switch to a One Shot Trust instead of an individual since it hadn't been processed yet and if by doing so I wouldn't have to certify in person. They said yes and switched it around for me, all I had to do was add the One Shot Trust to my cart and pay for it. I called the dealer to try to certify and was told that because it was a One Shot Trust I would still have to certify in person?? I tried calling SilencerShop to see what the deal is and after an hour of waiting on the phone I hung up.

Has anyone else certified over the phone with a One Shot Trust?
I did. Super easy. See post # 316...

Good luck