• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Went ahead and ordered mine today. Now it's time to try to sell the WOTAC.

+1 for the low-pro battery cover. If this can be an option, let me know! Not that I'm opposed to the SS eagle head...just prefer the other cover.

I don't think the excitement has slowed, there are just a ton of people now on the waiting list for the scope, and only a few in perspective waiting on the rings.

I am on the list without the rings, and I am doing my very best to be as patient as possible. I at least have my current 16XSS to keep me occupied. I am just really excited about getting this sexy chick mounted up!!!!!

DK

first post here and NOT meaning to sound redundant, but if SH's facebook reaches 10,000 likes in August, or even December, does the $500 off and free rings become active, or is there a time limit the 10,000 likes can be reached?

sorry for the confusion. i have an Armalite AR-10T that needs some glass. this baby sounds right up my alley. i might just order tomorrow vs trying to wait out facebook likes, which seem to have come to a crawl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first post here and NOT meaning to sound redundant, but if SH's facebook reaches 10,000 likes in August, or even December, does the $500 off and free rings become active, or is there a time limit the 10,000 likes can be reached?

sorry for the confusion. i have an Armalite AR-10T that needs some glass. this baby sounds right up my alley. i might just order tomorrow vs trying to wait out facebook likes, which seem to have come to a crawl. </div></div> There is a cutoff date in June for 10,000 likes, like the 12th-15th. Something like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The time limit to reach 10,000 is 30 days from when the promo started (May 13 - June 12).

Each coupon also expires 30 days from when it is activated.

If we hit 5,000 today the $500.00 off coupon will be activated and it will expire on June 16.

Scopes won't be here until sometime in June so there is no benefit from ordering now with the existing coupon code.

Once you order it is a done deal.</div></div>

From the horse's mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has to hit 10k before the the 5k coupon expires.
</div></div>

that's right. thanks for the heads up. i thought i had read that already. brain fart.

damn, i'm salivating right about now. when i got my rifle i didn't really know what i was doing. back then, about ten years ago i thought the biggest objective for the money i could afford would be best. i bought the ATN 8-24x<span style="font-weight: bold">75</span>lu riflescope and basically haven't shot my rifle since i bought it because of the ATN.

i think it's about time i man up and do the right thing.

First post: Hi all.
Facebook "Like" completed.
I'm in...

pete

i won't be able to have the money for the GB for quite a while, but i did my part for the greater good.

unfortunately i will probably have to pay the full price when i'm ready (which probably won't be for a year or so).
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The time limit to reach 10,000 is 30 days from when the promo started (May 13 - June 12).

If we hit 5,000 today the $500.00 off coupon will be activated and it will expire on June 16.

Scopes won't be here until sometime in June so there is no benefit from ordering now with the existing coupon code.

Once you order it is a done deal. </div></div>

Guys we only have until June 12th to get to 10K not June 17th.

But we have until June 17th to still get the $500 off.

What size rings all you guys planning to use? I have badger low that works with Nikon tactical now. Would that work?

I bought me some TPS mediums for mine. Also have a TPS 20 MOA base. I know it might of been posted but I can't find the dimensions of the objective bell. Maybe some one can post some info thanks.

Aron-

Just used it in another thread. From the JonA thread:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MacBud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the Butler Creek sizes? Also what is the overall diameter of the objective Butler Creek size? I am trying to plan out the ring height for this scope for my rifle. </div></div>
Eyepiece OD: 44.11mm / 1.736"
Objective OD: 60.00mm / 2.362"
I got that info from a post Brady made over on Optics Talk. Not sure what size Butler Creeks that is. </div></div>

I knew it was posted thanks! There a quite a few 5-20 SS posts now.

Aron-

Going to have the wife and two oldest daughters add three more hits when I get home.

Just picked up my first NF 5.5-22x50 last Thursday...
BUT, I can't pass this up for one of my three AR-10s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The time limit to reach 10,000 is 30 days from when the promo started (May 13 - June 12).

But we have until June 17th to still get the $500 off. </div></div>

I thought it was 30 days from when the coupon code was activated?
and the 10K hasnt even been activated yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomstick308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The time limit to reach 10,000 is 30 days from when the promo started (May 13 - June 12).

But we have until June 17th to still get the $500 off. </div></div>

I thought it was 30 days from when the coupon code was activated?
and the 10K hasnt even been activated yet. </div></div>

True - the 5k/$500 off was already activated, but if we don't hit 10k/$500 off + rings by the 12th, the 5k/$500 off is still valid until June 17th. If we hit 10k, that code would be good for 30 days from that date.

At least that's how I understand it.

Bill

^^^ This is correct. We have until the 12th of June to hit 10k and have until the 17th of June to get the group buy deal at $500 off.

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What size rings all you guys planning to use? I have badger low that works with Nikon tactical now. Would that work? </div></div>
I have a 20 MOA base and SWFA customer service says the IOR mediums "should work".

(I wanted QD)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What size rings all you guys planning to use? I have badger low that works with Nikon tactical now. Would that work? </div></div>
I have a 20 MOA base and SWFA customer service says the IOR mediums "should work".

(I wanted QD) </div></div>

Thanks guys!

Did my part. Finally got with the century and opened a facebook account.

Let's get the numbers up, the rate of likes has slowed rapidly, forward the link on page 1 of this thread to your friends on email, if the effort is put it we can crack 10000 before the June 12 cutoff. Currently @ 5617

Rath

Is this thing really comparable to an NF? If it is, I'm buying three.

I have had a Nightforce, and the glass in the SS10HD by comparison, is extremely good. I would just about guarantee that you will be more the pleased with the SS5-20HD. I honestly would not classify Nightforce as having "great" glass.

I have owned a lot of SWFA stuff, and their quality has done nothing but improve. The 16XSS that I have now is extremely clear, and it is only a $299 scope!! I am waiting as patiently as I can for this scope. It is going to be AWESOME!!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a Nightforce, and the glass in the SS10HD by comparison, is extremely good. I would just about guarantee that you will be more the pleased with the SS5-20HD.
</div></div>

I sure hope so, I don't have any hands on expierence with either. I just now have the chance to put some decent glass on top of my rifle.

I was sold on a Nightforce NXS until this came out.. Now every other day I convince myself one is a better decision than the other.
-Art

I will take Franks word on it if he says that the HD glass is great and the knobs are good to go and solid. I don't want to contemplate the difference between the NF and SS and not buy the SS because It might not be that great. I will wait until I see the SS in person and then make my own opinion. I don't think that it will be a bad scope at all. I think its going to be a great scope and I can say all this based on the scopes that are on the market already from SFWA, and the great track record that the scopes have set for hundreds of people or more.

Aron-

I think the big question will be how repeatable (very important!) and durable it will be. We all know the glasses on other HD scopes are great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the big question will be how repeatable (very important!) and durable it will be. We all know the glasses on other HD scopes are great. </div></div>

This is more what I'm concerned about. Will the durability of adjustments be there?

Seriously you guys.
Loco.gif
SS scopes since the beginning have been known for the repeatable and durable adjustments. That is the thing they have always been most known for. I don't think they are going to toss that out the window with their best most expensive scope yet.

How good is the low light vision threw the SWFA SSHD?
I have a SS 20X that is very clear nice scope until dusk or dawn then it is hard to pick up the target, My USO sn3 is still like shooting in daylight in low light conditions.
I am looking for another SS scope for a new 7mag but would like to know how they are in low light conditions?

They are much better in low light. My 10x HD was a ton better than the regular 10x. Comparing them to a 20x which could only be terrible in low light will be a huge difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spent quite a bit of time last night in the dark comparing the glass and illumination of the SS to the 3.5-18X50 IOR again as well as my new 3-24X42 March.

On low powers/close range the glass looked great on all three and the illumination worked fine for all. Having the thinnest reticle, the SS was not as easy to see as the other two without illumination but with the illumination they were all pretty equal and what one would prefer would come down to what he liked to aim with the best—a tall cross shaped aiming point or a dot. The March had the biggest FOV while the SS had the most flexible eye relief with the IOR falling in between on both counts. Any of the scopes could get the job done and get it done well.

The testing for higher powers/longer ranges is where they separated from each other. Glass quality and objective size become more important here and the SS simply beat the other two. While the SS is certainly no better than the other two in daylight, when the sun goes down it has the advantage. It was notably the brightest and it wasn’t “empty brightness” as it had the resolution and contrast to turn that brightness into the ability to see more details than the other two scopes could see. It wasn’t a huge difference but it was enough of one that under the right conditions it could make the difference between being able to make out the target or not.

I realize this isn’t really fair to the March, only having a 42mm objective, but it is what it is. The March did quite well despite that, hanging with the IOR very well and looking as good as any on the lower powers. But on the higher powers it just couldn’t keep up with the SS. I suspect it would put most other 42mm scopes to shame pretty easily, even many 50mm scopes for that matter. But it wasn’t going up against low-mid level 50mm scopes but two with very high quality glass. It’s unfortunate I don’t still have a S&B or Premier handy as they were both notably better than the IOR in low light as well and would have been tougher competition for the SS.

Beyond seeing the target, there’s hitting it. These conditions were dark enough none of the scopes could have provided a sure shot without illumination. The reticles just couldn’t be seen on the target. The illumination is the second way the SS distinguished itself.

Both the IOR and March have very nice digital illumination systems that light up the entire center of the reticle, which most people seem to say they want. No blooming or bleeding, etc, they really look great. The problem with conditions like the above is they provide a whole lot of light even on the lowest setting. When it’s all you can do to make out the target, too much light will wash it out easily.

I’d call the IOR’s illumination borderline usable for those conditions. On the dimmest setting it is pretty dim and doesn’t wash out the target totally, but it’s brighter than it needs to be. It does seem to “cover” some of the fine details right around the target. If you want to really look at the target you can get the best view with it off. Not bad, it should be usable for most situations, but I’d like it better if it had one or two dimmer settings. Or if only the center dot lit the brightness would be OK.

The March’s illumination is just too bright for the above type of use. It has user replaceable modules so hopefully that won’t be permanent. I have the “dim” module but IMHO it’s not dim enough. Hopefully I can convince March to make an “extra dim” one I can swap in. Anyway, the result in the above conditions is when you turn the illumination on the target goes away. Even on the lowest setting, in conditions that dark it just produces way too much light. If you want to see the target, you have to shut off the illumination. Then you can see the target but you can’t hit it.

Once again, the SS impressed. While it’s illumination may not “look as good” in the daytime as the other two, and many have been dogging it for only having the center dot illuminated, in the above conditions it’s easily the best tool for the job. It was the only scope that had zero, absolutely zero image degradation with the illumination on. You could see every last detail of the target with or without it. With it on, there was just a tiny little red dot you could precisely place where you want the bullet to go. Money.

So, it was quite an interesting experience. I figured the SS would do well against the other two but I was really surprised by just how well it did. Against two much more expensive scopes—the March is nearly three times the SH group buy price for the SS—it easily came out the clear winner. If you need to make a shot at longish range in the dark, it’s simply a better tool for the job than the other two. Of course there are other things the other scopes do better, but for this particular job—which is one of the most difficult for a scope—it put on a clinic. </div></div>

OK...I've signed up, now I just need to know what else I have to do to get this great scope? Never had or wanted a Face book account till now, so I don't want to miss out, please advise.

Go to their Facebook page and at the top of it next to their name is a LIKE icon....click on it to increase the like count.....there is still some hope it will reach 10,000 before the deadline 6-12-11.

All you need to do to order it now is to go here.... http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-5-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P50662.aspx and use the Hide500 discount code to get $500 off. But why not wait a little longer and see if the count goes to 10,000 and get the Seekins rings too? If you commit now you get the $500 off, but if the like counts does reach 10,000 you won't get the rings because you committed to the deal before that discount code was activated....granted it may not reach it so you have to decide whether to order now or wait a little while longer in the hopes the like count gets to the magic 10K!!

I'm gonna wait and hope it gets to 10K. Even if it doesn't I will still have 5 days to order and still get the $500 off as that discount coupon doesn't expire till 6-17-11.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sheldon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to their Facebook page and at the top of it next to their name is a LIKE icon....click on it to increase the like count.....there is still some hope it will reach 10,000 before the deadline 6-12-11.

All you need to do to order it now is to go here.... http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-5-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P50662.aspx and use the Hide500 discount code to get $500 off. But why not wait a little longer and see if the count goes to 10,000 and get the Seekins rings too? If you commit now you get the $500 off, but if the like counts does reach 10,000 you won't get the rings because you committed to the deal before that discount code was activated....granted it may not reach it so you have to decide whether to order now or wait a little while longer in the hopes the like count gets to the magic 10K!!

I'm gonna wait and hope it gets to 10K. Even if it doesn't I will still have 5 days to order and still get the $500 off as that discount coupon doesn't expire till 6-17-11.</div></div>
Just a thought for you, taking the strategy does have the down side of being lower on the waiting list if there aren't enough scopes to go around from the first shipment.

Guys, knowing the integrity of Chris Farris (well, actually BOTH of them CF I an CF II). There is no question they will stand behind the product if you are not satisfied by the scope. Known them to long to not speak up on this. I am only a customer of SWFA. My two cents!

Edited for fat fingers. Lol

i've only been able to read over the years about how reliable and worthwhile scope the ss line is. either way, for me this is still over a $1000 blind buy. i am placing my trust in the ss heritage, this particular website and in SWFA. i'm certain i'll be happy, so long as i don't have to wait too long to get my scope.
frown.gif

After consulting my log book I've put 2460 rounds down range with a 10X42M without a lick of trouble. This is the scope I've been waiting on for years. Yes mine is paid for an on order. Ain't worried about the scope or the time to get it. Been waiting a few years what's a few more days. LOL!

I just ordered 1 and wanted to say thanks to Frank and SWFA for making this great deal happen.

I just want to know if the HD's glass is really going to be all that. There are a ton of SS cheerleaders that say the glass in the regular line is clear and bright, but of the two that I've looked through, both left me much less than impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XxMerlinxX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just want to know if the HD's glass is really going to be all that. There are a ton of SS cheerleaders that say the glass in the regular line is clear and bright, but of the two that I've looked through, both left me much less than impressed. </div></div>

Absolutely... I thought the "HD" glass was just a marketing gimmick. I recently had a chance to try out one for myself and I will tell you this, I own some top tier scopes, and the HD glass was easily compareable to scopes that were more than twice the price of this one...

I would say the SS HD glass is 90%+ of my Swaro Z6. They are just fantastic optically.

Harsh reallity of 10,000 like unobtainium has set in.
Order placed.