• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

So what am I going to do with my Vortex Viper 6-24x FFP Mrad?
frown.gif
Didn't even get to use it once. Now that the SWFA 5-20 is coming, i've no need for the Vortex. :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Jason, did you dump your Hensoldts for these?</div></div>

Dump is such a harsh word. </div></div>

He found some sucker who would give him his money back... some of it anyway. </div></div>

I would buy them off him
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious...for those who are just getting theirs - what is the number written on the side of the box? I got mine about 3 weeks ago and my number was 1390. This should be an indication of how many they sold 6 days in. Methinks they may have started numbering at 1000.
</div></div>

I had 1598 on my box, flip your scope upside down, and it's the serial number. I don't think it means anything. I doubt they are going to the trouble of shipping them numerically.

By the way, mine came in today, totally unannounced!!!
My wife calls me at the office to tell me I should probably come home, right away.

I think Murphy's Law helped speed the process along as we had just paid off the credit card on Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In regards to JasonK's rifles wearing the new Super Snipers, it speaks volumes, I'm glad I got two of them on order.
SScott </div></div>

i'm thinking along these same lines. well, if i like my first one, then spending retail $1500 won't be much of a hit. i'll just look at it as getting $250 off of each scope.

I dont wanna call and bug swfa as i know they are busy. Those who have received theirs, i pose a question. Is it the norm that your card is charged, you're given a shipping email and then the next day the charge is dropped? I just dont want anything to come between me and my new tool.

Talk about a mixed blessing. I recieved my vortex pst 6-24x50 ffp Wednedsay (oder in April) and now my SS is suppose to be here Monday (ordered 5/23). I almost backed out of the SS, my AC just fell off it's last leg and I'm looking at 10k+ next week to replace both units.

Because of my addiction, I ended up say what the hell, you can always make more money, how ofter does a deal like this come up?

I think I made the right decision,
Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont wanna call and bug swfa as i know they are busy. Those who have received theirs, i pose a question. Is it the norm that your card is charged, you're given a shipping email and then the next day the charge is dropped? I just dont want anything to come between me and my new tool. </div></div>

It is called a pre-authorization. For a credit transaction (vs a debit which is instant), processors do that just to make sure the account is legit and that they can actually charge that much to your card. The actual charge will process normally in typically 2 or 3 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont wanna call and bug swfa as i know they are busy. Those who have received theirs, i pose a question. Is it the norm that your card is charged, you're given a shipping email and then the next day the charge is dropped? I just dont want anything to come between me and my new tool. </div></div>

It is called a pre-authorization. For a credit transaction (vs a debit which is instant), processors do that just to make sure the account is legit and that they can actually charge that much to your card. The actual charge will process normally in typically 2 or 3 days. </div></div>
They do pre authorization right after your order is placed, right? I got my card charges and received shipping notice but the tracking is not getting updated.. I'm wondering??

I got the pre-authorization when i placed the order. I was just wondering if they do it again when it gets ready for shipping. Just wondering, i'm sure it's normal. Chris and team are on it.

Anytime you run a credit transaction an immediate pre-auth will post. Then it will drop off at the end of the business day. Then the merchant will run the end of day batch with that card number included. Then the actual charge will post a couple days later. If the merchant does not include that number in the batch then it will just drop off and stay off.

For the guys that are constantly checking this thread for shipping updates, Brady just let me know the 2nd scope I ordered on 5/18 5 minutes after the coupon went live is shipping today. After using my one 5-20HD again this morning and being impressed yet again I eagerly await the arrival of the brown truck next week with scope #2.
grin.gif

Looking further down the road Brady couldn't give a good shipping estimate for the other 5 I ordered on 6/6. He did mention they didn't anticipate the amount of "guys like me" who ordered multiples.
crazy.gif
They'll be here eventually-- just be patient. They are well worth the wait!

Well, no alert from SWFA but my bank alerted me to the payment, no email with tracking or anything. So I called SWFA and they said everything was good to go.

I ordered mine on the 27th.

Got my e-mail and tracking info last night for my order placed on the 5/27. I gotta say SWFA and Skylar have been great Skylar even replied to an e-mail on his day off. I would also like to give a big "Thank You" to Frank for your hard work on putting this group buy together it is much appreciated. I hope it's not the last.

So if I ordered on 15 June... at least I will have my 3-9s to keep me company until the New Year!

More pictures from those of you who have received yours already. I am pretty sure there is a thread dedicated to 5-20 pics already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the pre-authorization when i placed the order. I was just wondering if they do it again when it gets ready for shipping. Just wondering, i'm sure it's normal. Chris and team are on it. </div></div>

okay, it was my bank acting weird. there was an issue with another purchase i made that was for the wrong amount and this morning both issues are rectified. money is out of my hands and in swfa's. good to go. just updating so as not to mislead anyone.

My scope will be here on Monday. I'd like to thank Frank and SWFA for putting such a sweet deal together. This is what my rifle has been missing due to lack of funds, thanks again for a great deal. You all made it possible for many of us to have some really fine glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the guys that are constantly checking this thread for shipping updates, Brady just let me know the 2nd scope I ordered on 5/18 5 minutes after the coupon went live is shipping today. After using my one 5-20HD again this morning and being impressed yet again I eagerly await the arrival of the brown truck next week with scope #2.
grin.gif

Looking further down the road Brady couldn't give a good shipping estimate for the other 5 I ordered on 6/6. He did mention they didn't anticipate the amount of "guys like me" who ordered multiples.
crazy.gif
They'll be here eventually-- just be patient. They are well worth the wait!

</div></div>

If you need one less, i'd be happy to take one for you LOL.

Let's change the subject a little from "When am I gonna get" and "Why have they got one and I don't" stuff.

I absolutely love the reticles in these things, and SWFA has been adding them to the 3-9HD and the 10HD scopes. I would love to see these reticles added to the 10XSS, 16XSS & 20XSS scopes as well!!

OK, I know this isn't going to change the direction of what everyone is talking (complaining) about, so just carry on.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's change the subject a little from "When am I gonna get" and "Why have they got one and I don't" stuff.

I absolutely love the reticles in these things, and SWFA has been adding them to the 3-9HD and the 10HD scopes. I would love to see these reticles added to the 10XSS, 16XSS & 20XSS scopes as well!!

OK, I know this isn't going to change the direction of what everyone is talking (complaining) about, so just carry on.

DK </div></div>easy to say when you got one in hand,hard for people to compare notes with you on the recticle when they don't have one.i have'nt heard much "complaining" lately on here,just people trying to compare shipping notices with order dates to try and see where swfa is at scope shipments.lot's of people chomp'n at the bit ready to shoot this puppy.once more people have them i'm sure there will more note comparing on the likes, dis- likes and what people would love to see out of the future SS swfa line of optics,i for one would like to see a spotting scope with the new recticle in it.may your bullets find their mark my brother

It is just a little bit easier to say since I have one... but only a tiny little bit easier. As things change in my life day to day, events out of my control may end up forcing a sale of that particular piece of glass. I already have my Manners MCS-T up on the chopping block as I type this.

It might be easier to say... but sometimes harder to take. I guess my main point of that post is this... I would LOVE to have the 16XSS with the new reticle, as in this may be what I have to get in place of the 5-20XSSHD. Sad yes, but more than likely necessary.

The same wishes for you hitting your cold bore mark as well!!

DK

Just checking in, placed order 5/27, rec tracking # this am.
now I need to buy a new rifle.

just received my confirmation also. ordered on 5/27 and will be recieving 7/28. I would also like to thank Frank and SWFA for this groupbuy. BTW, If this wait seems long, try waiting for your fist class 3 item!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is just a little bit easier to say since I have one... but only a tiny little bit easier. As things change in my life day to day, events out of my control may end up forcing a sale of that particular piece of glass. I already have my Manners MCS-T up on the chopping block as I type this.

It might be easier to say... but sometimes harder to take. I guess my main point of that post is this... I would LOVE to have the 16XSS with the new reticle, as in this may be what I have to get in place of the 5-20XSSHD. Sad yes, but more than likely necessary.

The same wishes for you hitting your cold bore mark as well!!

DK </div></div>hope all is well.i know all about hard times brother.i'm a single dad of a wonderful 13 year old daughter who is addicted to volleyball and all the latest fashions.our public schools around are so bad i refuse to put her in one so i pay about 4700.00 a year in tution alone not counting books and uniforms to send her to a private school.i'm just a electrician.i make descent money,but nothing to write home about.i'm basically a one rifle do all kinda guy anymore and could'nt jump on this deal until i sold another scope.got my trusty .308 and M4 and that's about it.308 is down until my SS HD arrives so i'm chomping at the bit.hope everything works out for you,hate to hear you haveing to sell a manners,they KICK ASS!i don't think it will be long before all SWFA SS will have the new recticle.maybe even better,life will throw you a break and you can keep your new SS HD,manners and all.good luck and God bless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manwagon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just checking in, placed order 5/27, rec tracking # this am.
now I need to buy a new rifle.</div></div>
TRG-42 sounds nice at $2250 :)

On another note I will be curious as to how long these will actually take to be filled. I'm not in a hurry, I can wait but I would like to know when the money is going to show up on my card :)

6/5 and 6/16 order dates.

Ordered May 27th at 2 pm MST. Billed to my card on Friday May 22 and received shipping notice that it shipped today .

I also ordered May 27th a little after 5pm eastern. My CC shows a pending charge from SWFA as of today. It should be here soon.. Now if only my XLR chassis wasnt still 9 weeks out.

UPS just delivered mine about 10 minutes ago - wow it is heavy and looks very well built. I looked out of my balcony at a tennis court sign - I could read it at 20 power. Not an indicator of anything but nevertheless I look forward to using it on my .300 Win Mag and my 6.5 Grendel builds.

I ordered mine on 5/27 and got a call last night that they (4; agency purchase) were ready to come my way. I am not saying to expect a call. I only got one because my credit card had been compromised and was no longer valid so SWFA needed to new information for payment. They were really good about working with me to get an internal process set up to make the payment change and they will be coming my way this afternoon.

Thanks SWFA!

I recieved mine yesterday. Compared to the other scopes I have (Leppys, and old night force and PTS) it look like it tough enought to drive nails with.

I can't wait to compare it to the night force and the PTS.

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLVGW360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine on 5/27 and got a call last night that they <span style="font-weight: bold">(4; agency purchase)</span> were ready to come my way.....Thanks SWFA! </div></div>

I remember seeing this order when it came in, you gotta send us some "in-use" pictures for our catalog and a patch too for our collection.

I'll hook you up with some Mil-Dot Masters if you can hook us up.

Mine arrived today. Can't wait to go home
frown.gif

Thank you for an excellent deal SWFA & Snipershide!
Oh, ordered mine on 5/24, early morning hour.

SWFA I know I still have some waiting to do, which is fine with me because my card couldn't handle that charge right at this time anyway, well maybe it could but barely.

But I am curious to know if you guys have recieved the second shipment yet?

I'm in the second shipment I think, right at the begining of it too.

If you haven't received it yet, do you know when your especting it?

Thanks for this great deal SWFA & Frank, in no way am I in a hurry or complaining about the wait, I just want to make sure funds are there when the charge hits my card.

Looks like SWFA is up to order dates of 5/27/11. If I remember correctly, SWFA indicated that their initial order with their manufacturer would fill the orders to that date. When that group is delivered, it will be interesting to see what the wait time will be.

I'm not bitching BTW. One of the best puchases I ever made in a SxS shotgun was a new introduction by CSMC. I don't remember how late the deliveries were but it was a looong time. After seeing the first deliveries I was perfectly willing to wait and that's how I feel about these scopes. It's actually very reassuring to know that a bunch of folks, who know a great deal more about optics than I do, realized the quality of the item and the value in the pricing.

Thanks to SWFA and LL. I appreciate the opportunity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC5811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine on 5-28-11. I just received my shipping notification. </div></div>

Same here. Ordered on 5/28 as well and received my shipping notice about an hour ago.