• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing So... Why the **** do you want to take a head shot? "GRAY MATTER" HD Video

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    Predator Hunting: SUPPRESSED™ "Gray Matter"
    Why on gods green earth do you guys take head shots?

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2fdKO_SyqPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What does it matter? Very humane way to go, why are you all worked up about it?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

-
    Because for the most part they Got more ' Confident Balls ' then Me ...LOL HAHAhah

Even if they come-in way under 100 yrd. I always play it safe and do the heart lung vitals box . It's just hard for me to step-out of my nature for Head . I rarely ever & only 2 times have ever taken the Head Shot over the years on Coyote .

The pelt is worth money if you shoot them in the head. You should be able to find a local trapper if you do not want to mess with pelt. The trapper will want head shots and winter coat.

I've always wondered this, too? Never understood it... I'm guessing these guys did it cuz they were "pinned down." .....???......

nope ;)

What does it matter? Very humane way to go, why are you all worked up about it?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

do you know I'm the same guy that made the shot, and edited and rendered the video clip? the title is sarcasm, due to the overwhelming hate we get (on the tube) when we take em out with a double lung, or heart... we resort to "Dixon Specials" now.

Love the vids. Getting into varmint season here in central AZ, and I cannot wait to hit the desert!

Any advice on calling techniques to the amateurs? I did not have much luck last winter.

Do you guys hike in a ways from where you park? How is your calling sequence? Continuous and progressively louder, or do you call loud for a few seconds and wait, then repeat?

Love the vids. Getting into varmint season here in central AZ, and I cannot wait to hit the desert!

Any advice on calling techniques to the amateurs? I did not have much luck last winter.

Do you guys hike in a ways from where you park? How is your calling sequence? Continuous and progressively louder, or do you call loud for a few seconds and wait, then repeat?

Can't say for them but i walk quite a ways from where I park. I also don't just turn the call and let it blast, I let it play for 60-90 seconds and shut it off for 2-3 minutes. I also never start it off as loud as it gets in case there is a yote nearby.

I will take a Texas heart shot over a headshot any day of the week.

Just kidding

Love the videos.

Really nice to see his so close to me taking them down. Just wish I had more land like you guys.

Keep up the work.

I do. Drop them where they stand. It also makes the meat better. No stress and no adrenaline.

That is hilarious. I guess I should have clarified. I do that with game animals for meat reasons. I do it with other types of game for fun.

Lol! My first thought was "He eats those damn things?" must be hungry! Good shootin' skinny.

Usually when they are looking away or parallel to you, and you know where to aim (apricot) you can limp em up so hard, it makes em easier to skin... ;)

Lol! My first thought was "He eats those damn things?" must be hungry! Good shootin' skinny.
    So far in life I have never had the urge to eat one. I have only ever hunted them for pest control and game management.

So far in life I have never had the urge to eat one. I have only ever hunted them for pest control and game management.

It only took me a second to figure out what you meant. Though I do know people that eat crows, 'coons, Ground Hogs (aka Whistle Pigs), and Beaver, fortunately I've never had the inclination to dine upon such delicacies either. :)

It only took me a second to figure out what you meant. Though I do know people that eat crows, 'coons, Ground Hogs (aka Whistle Pigs), and Beaver, fortunately I've never had the inclination to dine upon such delicacies either. :)
    I realized when I reread it what it sounded like. The one that a lot of people do that gives my heebies the jeebies is squirrels. They are tree rats.

Now I have tried to eat a squirrel, little fuckers are tougher than shoe leather! Even though multiple people tell me, multiple ways to cook'em to make'em tender, I ain't buying that shit, I'll wait until I have to before I try again.