• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS Scope Choice

Matt3357

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2011
St. Louis Metro East
I am looking to get a SWFA S.S. fixed power scope. I am trying to decide between the 10x, the 16x, or the 20x.

This will be going on a .308 win savage 10FP. 99% of the time it will be used for target shooting.

Once my brother gets our range setup, we will have access to a 600 yard range, so lets use that as a basis.

Let me know your thoughts on which one you would choose.

Matt

Re: SWFA SS Scope Choice

Every thing I have read says 10x as the higher powers get dim. But there will soon be a 12x plus matching reticles and turrets later this year FWIW

Apparently all SS scopes will be mil mil soon, so if it's only for target shooting, I'd wait for the 20x mil/mil. If you need some versatility, the 10x hd, 10xmilmil, or 12xmilmil would work nicely

Well that was easy. You just made my day by letting me know about the 12x with matching turrets and reticle. That was my only drawback to this series of scopes. Since I'm not in a hurry, I will definitely wait for it.

Thanks!
Matt