• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

^ I'm thinking I'll just get the one for SS 1-4. Guys are saying it works fine.

There was a thread some months ago from a guy who machines and finishes them for various model scopes. I wish I could remember who. He probably doesn't make it for SS 1-6 yet anyway.

So do you think that SWFA will have another promo for tax day this year? I haven't seen a thread this long since seeing posts on what brand truck do you prefer. Sounds like the scope is worth it, sorry to hear about the issues in getting them.

There have been some rumblings about another scope all ready in production. SWFA is not going to start any promos until they have stock in hand, as the complaining about waiting for the SS 1-6 was so excessive. There is a good chance the next promo will be something like a 3-12x42 or 3-15x44. There have been slight hints that this is what they have been working on.

There have been some rumblings about another scope all ready in production. SWFA is not going to start any promos until they have stock in hand, as the complaining about waiting for the SS 1-6 was so excessive. There is a good chance the next promo will be something like a 3-12x42 or 3-15x44. There have been slight hints that this is what they have been working on.

I would be all over a scope with those specs. :D But I've emailed SWFA about such a few times now. :p

3-12x42? I think I'd have want that, I know I'd want to. Very intersted in how it's to be packaged. 3-12x or 3-15x I'd probably be all over it too. The WAIT begins, LOL it never ends!!! :)

Just received my 1-6. So far this thing appears to be kick ass.

(Purchased mine from a individual)

hope u got it for a fair price. still a little jealous that u were able to buy one before i got my pre-order. lol.

hope u got it for a fair price. still a little jealous that u were able to buy one before i got my pre-order. lol.

Had one on order with SWFA for the full $1000. I never got in on the group buy because I did not like the original reticle design. After I saw the new reticle and with confirmation from other members I decided to order the scope at full asking price. In reality it's the best 1-6 design on the market right now, and I was willing to pay the full asking price. We'll see how it hashes out on the range, it might be one of those scopes that has a great concept but lacks in the field.

I called SWFA and canceled my order for the 1-6, explained why, but kept the accessories ordered through them. They've asked me to call them back with the original order number and register the scope in my name for warranty work. Nice folks over there.

I paid $988 shipped.

Order 190677 just arrived.

photo_zps2bc8d847.jpg

LWRC M6
YHM Quick detach muzzle device for 5.56 Phantom can
Harrios 6-9 Bipod on ARMS Mount
Magpul ASAP
Blackhawk Single Point (soon to be replaced by MS3)
SWFA 1-6x in a Larue SPR Mount
Giessele SSA-E trigger

So far love it. Scope has past my expectations. Thanks SWFA for such an awesome deal.

I have a brand new pair of Butler creek caps for the 5-20 I will ship to you for 20$. If interested PM/IM me.

If you haven't received it, it is definitely worth the wait.

^ not "daylight bright". But that doesn't really concern me. Everything else is bad to the bone.. That means fantastic...

I have spent a few weeks with the 1-6x now. It's mounted in a LaRue mount. Put it on my 18" 3-gun rifle and was able to zero, shitty day to zero with high winds but got it done. Swapped it to my 18" 7.62 OBR and took it hog hunting. Here are my thoughts so far.

The reticule on 1x is great and fast in all but the brightest conditions in TX. On 4x it's cluttered and slow in all conditions. In low light or dark with an external light source the scope and illumination do well. Especially when spotlighting for pigs! In low light with no external light source the scope dims quickly to my eye. No doubt due to the small objective, not a flaw in the scope as far as I'm concerned.

The turrets are nice but the covers feel a little too big. Again, that's a personal preference thing. The magnification ring is a little tight still, looking forward to a cat tail.

I have spent a few weeks with the 1-6x now. It's mounted in a LaRue mount. Put it on my 18" 3-gun rifle and was able to zero, shitty day to zero with high winds but got it done. Swapped it to my 18" 7.62 OBR and took it hog hunting. Here are my thoughts so far.

The reticule on 1x is great and fast in all but the brightest conditions in TX. On 4x it's cluttered and slow in all conditions. In low light or dark with an external light source the scope and illumination do well. Especially when spotlighting for pigs! In low light with no external light source the scope dims quickly to my eye. No doubt due to the small objective, not a flaw in the scope as far as I'm concerned.

The turrets are nice but the covers feel a little too big. Again, that's a personal preference thing. The magnification ring is a little tight still, looking forward to a cat tail.

Which mount from Larue, the 104?

That's awesome right there, Boone. Nice shooting & I know what you mean. To me the reticle is the whole deal. Great ideas come from Americans. Watch how this gets copied.

I ordered on the last day. Still waiting. The rifle its going on is coming back from the smith in the next 10 days, so hopefully the timing will work out well.

No idea, I have never used the bobro. Having recently purchased a 34mm bobro mount I will not be buying LT mounts again. They are likely sufficient for 5.56 stuff, but the bobro seems higher quality.

Yeah, I can't decide between the bobro mount and larue. I know the larue will return to zero and work great, everyone has been copying them. The bobro seems to be well liked too.

Well, my 1-6 is inbound. My credit card transaction failed because since the order was placed IT EXPIRED!!! Never would have guessed that when I placed my order right when the 10,000 likes code was released.

Glad we got it settled and the scope is on its way. Can't wait.

Well, my 1-6 is inbound. My credit card transaction failed because since the order was placed IT EXPIRED!!! Never would have guessed that when I placed my order right when the 10,000 likes code was released.

Glad we got it settled and the scope is on its way. Can't wait.

I'm in the same boat, how did they handle it? Call? Email?

Order 190686 and just got the email. Sadly the rifle I ordered 4 months BEFORE ordering the scope still isn't ready.

Order Date: 5/21/2012 - Order Number: 190689

Mine just shipped. new order # 417960 final CC charges $286.xx.

I hope I love this thing. ;-)

My order is 191832. Looks like I'll be waiting longer.

I split the scope with another snipershide member and would really like to get the 1-6 to him before the end of time.

^ I'm thinking I'll just get the one for SS 1-4. Guys are saying it works fine.

There was a thread some months ago from a guy who machines and finishes them for various model scopes. I wish I could remember who. He probably doesn't make it for SS 1-6 yet anyway.

Charlie Drissel

Just got the call today (credit card issue)...order 190700. Sweet Jeeeezus, it is finally on its way! I'm thinking it should be here by the weekend...which of course has now changed my weekend plans. I hope my arriving in-laws won't mind :p

What distance did you shoot this at ? Thanks for info.

Noveske Recon @ 100 yards with 77 smks.

(The target was not put up to brag about the group or gun. It was put up to demonstrate that the scope is capable of precision shooting in a 1-6 scope do to the reticle design)

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, how did they handle it? Call? Email?

It was an email that could have easily been filtered as SPAM. Subject of the email was "Credit Card Processing". The body of the email also looked like SPAM. Only thing that cued me in was that it was from Kody and I recognized the name so I looked at it closer. There was a number to call and the guys that answered took care of it quickly.

I still don't mind waiting, but I'm about 2k away as far as order numbers go. I realize a lot of those orders don't have a 1-6 in them so thats good, but i'm sure it will still take some time for the people like me who waited until so late in the buy.

Just called to check on mine (Order # 190691) found out mine was on hold waiting for the switch view lever for the 5-20. Looks like I'll be headed down that way this week to pick up my 1-6 and a mount and I'll finally get to see what all of the excitement is about.

1/2", even better, hard for me to tell difference but I think you're right now that I think about it.

But eh, what the hell? Communist? Really? Sarcasm? I'm a Constitutionalist.

Edit;
The only thing worse than a commie is a fuckin' Democrat. I hate them all. The Democrat hides behind other names that generally translates to being a Communist mother fucker. Democrats that think they support & vote for Democrats are fucking idiots.
Republicans that support what they think are Republicans are even stupider, IMO. My problem is lots of times I'm forced to vote for the douche bag RINO because its better than the fucking ass hole Democrat, er, Communist.

But I've got a bad ass 1-6 now..... Thanks, SWFA!! :)

Last edited:
^ lmfao Nofail the communist comment was directed at the new snipers hide forum. If you have ever tried to type a one worded reply the forum will not let you. You have to elaborate. That's why I put it in parentheses.

Last edited: