• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The all new ATF magnet

That's what I saw one early adopter say, exactly. You have to learn how to do it. It's not as simple as mashing and holding on like a true FA rifle.

There's a sweet spot in pressure that provides enough to override the spring resistance and fires the rifle AND isn't so much it doesn't allow the BCG to reset it as it cycles.

Think of it like Frank describes precision trigger presses, Press - Break - Freeze, rifle does the rest.

It's not press - break - mash.

Reactions: KZP
That's what I saw one early adopter say, exactly. You have to learn how to do it. It's not as simple as mashing and holding on like a true FA rifle.

There's a sweet spot in pressure that provides enough to override the spring resistance and fires the rifle AND isn't so much it doesn't allow the BCG to reset it as it cycles.

Well, that's disappointing. I got hyped thinking it didn't require a special technique because it had the mechanical interaction.

I've seen it described as pretty minimal effort so far. I think the guys thinking they're buying a true FA trigger and just try to mash and hold on are being disappointed.

If you apply consistent rearward pressure it will reset the trigger and your maintaining the pressure will cause a subsequent round to fire, until it runs dry or you let off the rearward pressure as the gun cycles and resets.

Saw one guy said it's hard to even feel it resetting but it is and if you let off it stops.

Reactions: KZP
Thinking about it now, that has to be by design so it can't be labeled a true FA trigger. It can be stated it will prevent the firearm from functioning if a person holds pressure. It seems possible to have a cam reset the trigger for a "new pull" regardless of pressure duration. Like how I thought it was functioning earlier.

IMO both lack due process and neither have the authority to change written law. That's supposed to happen in Congress not the WH and certainly not some ATF meeting room.

I totally agree. I fear the ATF's unconstitutional, arbitrary regulations more than any party controlling the WH or Congress. The only protection from their administrative action is legislative (not happening), or judicial (crossing fingers). The ATF was once a big agency....then Ruby Ridge and Waco.....they've been largely sidelined for a long time....but they seem to be back and emboldened.

I'm more expecting Kamala to get some law passed than Biden. I don't buy the media hype, and think he he prioritizes other stuff like health care over 2A. I wasn't much of a fan of the Obama presidency, but if you honestly take a look at what's gone on, more ATF enforcement has happened in the Trump administration IMO (see bump stock executive order). Trump's sons like guns, but I don't think Trump really cares about 2A stuff beyond getting elected.

I guess we'll have to see how much this next admin focuses on firearm legislation. The ATF is clearly emboldened right now to regulate regardless of what party is in control, but the Constitution makes it pretty clear that it's Congress that makes laws, and courts that interpret them.

What I think needs to happen is give the left some concessions like closing the gun show/private sale and just accepting background checks. I think if that happens, they stay away from real regulation that's far worse.....like taking ARs or some insane gun laws. I can live with passing a background check much more than laws making most of my guns illegal.

Reactions: jr81452
It is about one little bite at a time. Gun show, bite. Private sale, bite. Magazine capacity, bite. Bump stock, bite. They will NEVER QUIT!!!!

I get what you're sayin - slippery slope. I just think we may be able to avoid some really crazy regulations by offering up something that to most of us is far better than Kamala coming for all of our ARs.

I don't agree with it, but there is a lot of support for this, and I think it gives them a win and makes them move on to other stuff. Maybe that's naive, but there hasn't been much gun regulation in the last decade or so, and offering up something may be the best course of action to keep it that way. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: renov8
I get what you're sayin - slippery slope. I just think we may be able to avoid some really crazy regulations by offering up something that to most of us is far better than Kamala coming for all of our ARs.

I don't agree with it, but there is a lot of support for this, and I think it gives them a win and makes them move on to other stuff. Maybe that's naive, but there hasn't been much gun regulation in the last decade or so, and offering up something may be the best course of action to keep it that way. Just my 2 cents.
I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it.

Nope. We've been offering up big bites and little bites of the 2A cake here and there for nearly a century.

No more.

I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it.

Right back at ya, I don't even know if I think it's a good idea myself....

I'm just troubled by the ATF's recent changing their mind on enforcement, and them having no real oversight. It frankly scares me more than the incoming administration

Reactions: clcustom1911
Nope. We've been offering up big bites and little bites of the 2A cake here and there for nearly a century.

No more.

I agree with you, but if you don't live in CA or a few other places, we've got some annoying tax stamps, but other than that.....I pretty much have what I want

Reactions: renov8
Thinking about it now, that has to be by design so it can't be labeled a true FA trigger. It can be stated it will prevent the firearm from functioning if a person holds pressure. It seems possible to have a cam reset the trigger for a "new pull" regardless of pressure duration. Like how I thought it was functioning earlier.

Correct. The federal verbage talks about multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger. Their stance is this is a higher rate of fire achieved not by FA but by having the gun reset the trigger after each shot instead of the shooter, thus speeding up the legal SA process.

What I think needs to happen is give the left some concessions like closing the gun show/private sale and just accepting background checks.

It's already been given up. You can't buy a gun, at least in CO, legally, without doing the transfer with an FFL holder and a background check.

The "gun show loophole" doesn't exist. They already do background checks prior to allowing you to taking possession.

They keep saying shit like that because it SOUNDS reasonable if you don't understand the process and the thing their reasonable SOUNDING legislation addresses is already illegal and packed with other little fluffy incremental erosions of your second amendment rights.

I'd love to take a group of libs to a gun show. Set em loose and if you can find somebody that will sell to you without a NICS check I'll pay for the gun.

Reactions: Edgecrusher

The "gun show loophole" doesn't exist. They already do background checks prior to allowing you to taking possession.

It does in some states where private sales are private (even at gun shows where the seller isnā€™t an FFL), no FFL is required. Youā€™re trusting the other guy isnā€™t a prohibited person.

Iā€™ve bought / sold several guns in private sales and I require the exchange of DL and CHL info (in case gun is stolen or cops come looking), and have refused to sell once: A dumbass hyper kid showed up saying it was his 18th birthday and wouldnā€™t give a name or DL but handed me the cash for a new Glock and said I had to sell it to him. I said no, he said he was going to call the cops, I said please do and handed his money back to him. Took him 30 seconds to realize that might not be a smart move.
30 minutes later a retired Marine came by, we exchanged info, knocked $50 off as he had a clue and all were happy.

Reactions: ATXDuck
Private sales aren't what they're talking about with a gun show loophole. They're talking about buying from dealers without a check and I'm not aware of any place that's legal.

What you're describing was legal here as well until recently, no longer. Now all sales require a NICS check at an FFL.

Correct. The federal verbage talks about multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger. Their stance is this is a higher rate of fire achieved not by FA but by having the gun reset the trigger after each shot instead of the shooter, thus speeding up the legal SA process.

It's already been given up. You can't buy a gun, at least in CO, legally, without doing the transfer with an FFL holder and a background check.

They keep saying shit like that because it SOUNDS reasonable if you don't understand the process and the thing their reasonable SOUNDING legislation addresses is already illegal and packed with other little fluffy incremental erosions of your second amendment rights.

I'd love to take a group of libs to a gun show. Set em loose and if you can find somebody that will sell to you without a NICS check I'll pay for the gun.

I get where you're coming from. The "gun show loophole" doesn't exist in like 15 States, but it certainly does in a most of the rest of them. I know first hand. Personally, I've bought several firearms in parking lots with little to no paperwork. That's the way I like it, and each purchase of mine has been totally legal. I've personally used the "gun show" or "private sale" loophole as often as possible where legal.

I'm also an attorney that primarily restores firearm rights. We also do expungements in states that don't restore firearm rights, and Colorado is one of the states that expunges stuff but does NOT restore firearm rights, and it's frustrating. When someone has had their 2A rights taken away forever due to a meaningless felony 20 years ago, that fires me up.

NICS is far more F'd up than you could ever imagine - we have clients that have no criminal record, just a name that's similar to someone who can't own a firearm....and the process of clearing that up takes FOREVER. The false positives in NICS checks are insane, and the way to fix things (usually a VAF) is absurd in how long it takes.

Regardless, NICS is in desperate need of massive fixes, the FBI has an insane backlog, and there are millions of people who have had their Constitutional rights taken away by accident or for no good reason via the GCA. Don't even get me started on the way the feds interpret state firearm rights restoration - right now they're going after firearm restoration orders via courts in several places, including OR, MI, LA, and others. In my opinion, it's usually the ATF more than anything that's the problem. Ironically, we restore more firearm rights in CA than any other state!

Sorry for the long post, this shit just frustrates me. Rant over.

Reactions: TXAZ
It does in some states where private sales are private (even at gun shows where the seller isnā€™t an FFL), no FFL is required. Youā€™re trusting the other guy isnā€™t a prohibited person.

Iā€™ve bought / sold several guns in private sales and I require the exchange of DL and CHL info (in case gun is stolen or cops come looking), and have refused to sell once: A dumbass hyper kid showed up saying it was his 18th birthday and wouldnā€™t give a name or DL but handed me the cash for a new Glock and said I had to sell it to him. I said no, he said he was going to call the cops, I said please do and handed his money back to him. Took him 30 seconds to realize that might not be a smart move.
30 minutes later a retired Marine came by, we exchanged info, knocked $50 off as he had a clue and all were happy.

Yeah, but most of these purchases aren't via an FFL. Whether you have to run a NICS check is really a state-by-state issue, and in most states you can avoid a NICS background check.

I just know the ATF really seems to be coming after everything - even stuff they've previously approved. They have almost no oversight, and it violates the Constitution. ATF enforcement scares me more than Democrats or any politicians, at least for the time being.

Reactions: Blutroop
If you look closely at the videos, their selector switch is in the semi position. Where does that leave your rifle if you just want to fire a single shot? Are you hoping to finesse just one shot out of it? This seems to be a major problem that nobody has addressed.

Binary triggers fire semi when the selector is vertical and binary when selector is in third position. Of course, they were made illegal in Florida by Rick Scott on his way to the senate so I see where these guys are coming from.

I totally agree. I fear the ATF's unconstitutional, arbitrary regulations more than any party controlling the WH or Congress. The only protection from their administrative action is legislative (not happening), or judicial (crossing fingers). The ATF was once a big agency....then Ruby Ridge and Waco.....they've been largely sidelined for a long time....but they seem to be back and emboldened.

I'm more expecting Kamala to get some law passed than Biden. I don't buy the media hype, and think he he prioritizes other stuff like health care over 2A. I wasn't much of a fan of the Obama presidency, but if you honestly take a look at what's gone on, more ATF enforcement has happened in the Trump administration IMO (see bump stock executive order). Trump's sons like guns, but I don't think Trump really cares about 2A stuff beyond getting elected.

I guess we'll have to see how much this next admin focuses on firearm legislation. The ATF is clearly emboldened right now to regulate regardless of what party is in control, but the Constitution makes it pretty clear that it's Congress that makes laws, and courts that interpret them.

What I think needs to happen is give the left some concessions like closing the gun show/private sale and just accepting background checks. I think if that happens, they stay away from real regulation that's far worse.....like taking ARs or some insane gun laws. I can live with passing a background check much more than laws making most of my guns illegal.
Not another inch. Take your concessions elsewhere.

Update: Got mine today. Installed it in 10 minutes. Put it in a new dpms I had stashed back. Itā€™s unreal. Can fire one shot or rapid or back and forth. Had it figured out on first mag. I donā€™t expect it to last long, closest thing to fa Iā€™ve ever experienced. Very expensive toy in this day and age. I love the smell of a burning rifle though...

I signed up for their back in stock notification. Got the notification and their site crashed. When it came back on line, out of stock again. Back on the notification list...

1610508174671.png

Must be the same asshole that's buying all the primers

Them going for over $1000 on GB isn't helping either.

Was watching a video where someone said "Spent 1,000 on a trigger." I thought it was a joke. Looked on gunbroker... they are selling for between $1,200 and $1400. NUTS! Wow.

I will say, if these stay around... the price of transferable links and RDIAS will be plummeting.

Was watching a video where someone said "Spent 1,000 on a trigger." I thought it was a joke. Looked on gunbroker... they are selling for between $1,200 and $1400. NUTS! Wow.

I will say, if these stay around... the price of transferable links and RDIAS will be plummeting.
Sad part I see that they will run out of ammo before you will and come begging for more from you.

Reactions: randyman_ar
I ordered mine Jan 2nd and finally got it yesterday. Its a blast to shoot if u can spare the rounds, and NO theres no special tecnique to it, just pull and hold. Theres no trigger slap at all, runs flawless in my AR with the heavy buffer

I ordered mine Jan 2nd and finally got it yesterday. Its a blast to shoot if u can spare the rounds, and NO theres no special tecnique to it, just pull and hold. Theres no trigger slap at all, runs flawless in my AR with the heavy buffer
Can you easily do bursts?

Question for you. Does it have a third position like a binary trigger or Fostech trigger?
No sir just the 2 position selector. Which is fine with me, i didnt buy one for any practical reason other than to go waste rounds for fun šŸ˜‚ ive ran 6 mags through it so far with no issues. Just hope it holds up, ive heard from several people about them failing after 500-1500 rounds

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
No sir just the 2 position selector. Which is fine with me, i didnt buy one for any practical reason other than to go waste rounds for fun šŸ˜‚ ive ran 6 mags through it so far with no issues. Just hope it holds up, ive heard from several people about them failing after 500-1500 rounds

There are a couple of videos out there explaining why they have been failing. Word is they are figuring out a mod 2 version.

The first video above explains a lot. The second video below sucks as far as videos go but it demonstrates a work around.

There are a couple of videos out there explaining why they have been failing. Word is they are figuring out a mod 2 version.

The first video above explains a lot. The second video below sucks as far as videos go but it demonstrates a work around.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: alamo5000
I may or may not have taken a short drive recently and paid cash for something. As my new favorite 2A lawyer likes to say:
"anything more than minimum compliance, is self regulation"

As a poors I'm not interested in sending 10 bucks a second down range. From a practical perspective full auto (which this emulates) is not the most efficient way to engage multiple targets. And this will go the way of bump stocks. So yeah pay cash if you want to keep it.
What if it's a high value target?

But you're right, mag-dumps have gotten too pricey.

If I get home invaded my response will be on a 'One per customer' basis.

Reactions: jr81452