• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

There's a lot of 6.5CM hate all of a sudden. WTF happened?

I'm so uncool I can't even spell PRS.

We always hear about the FALLACY of believing that if equipment is selected by the military it MUST BE the best equipment you can get. Could be why they went with the 6.5cm.

oh, did I mention I shoot a 260?

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Let's not forget the health benefits of 6.5 Creedmoor.
When married with a quality Euro rifle... Tikka, Sako, AI, it can cure cancer within a 20 metre radius.
Even when stored in firearms cabinet.

Crossing creeks or rivers with above mentioned combos, leaves water purified and fish splendid.

Cannot resurrect the dead though.
When you shoot something with that combo.... it's dead for all eternity.
This is how I know you don’t own a 6.5 creedmoor. When you try to cross a creek or river, the water parts.

My dad and I were early creedmoor shooters. Then the marketing bullshit drug all the fuckheads. Guys telling me the knockdown power, and crazy ranges it’s effective at. Bunch of idiots that can’t even read the end of an ammo box, let alone plug real data into a ballistic solver. I still shoot the 6.5 creedmoor along with 260(6.5-308) when we got involved with it. Also shoot 6.5-06 and 6.5/55. All are good calibers. Around here the typical idiot with a creedmoor has a savage in the lss MDT chassis. Along with the requisite Harris knock off bipod and Vortex diamond back tactical. Seldom shot past 100 yards, but they know it’s sub moa at a mile.
This is the answer. It's a bunch of idiots that think the caliber will make them a sniper. I'm not sure why that's a deal breaker. It's a great work horse caliber that's not lacking much.

It is fun to see the fudds come out and talk about their .308s, wish we could set up bingo for you guys too.

Last edited:
Did I hit it?

I think you hit it.

It’s hard to hear, or see the splash.

I can see the plate moving a little.

That’s just the wind.

Shoot again.

Did I hit it?

I think you did.

How can you tell?

A bird that was sitting on the target frame flew away.

Maybe we should move in closer so we can hear.

Wait, I can’t find one of my cases.

Common just go. I think we’ll hear the impact if we get within 400 yards.

I gotta find that case. They’re like $2 each. Dammit! I can’t find my case!

Common forget it.

Fuuuuuck!

Did I hit it?

I think you hit it.

That’s just the wind.

Shoot again.

Did I hit it?

I think you did.

How can you tell?

Common forget it.

Fuuuuuck!
Overheard some 6BR, 6dasher, or 6bra shooters?

The 6.5CM is a great cartridge. Easy to load for. Accurate. Plenty of projectiles available. Versatile. Effective on game even elk sized. Knock it all you want. But you can’t complain about it’s performance.

The 6.5CM is a great cartridge. Easy to load for. Accurate. Plenty of projectiles available. Versatile. Effective on game even elk sized. Knock it all you want. But you can’t complain about it’s performance.
But is the man-bun really a requirement to shoot it?

Reactions: lash
1642264744650.png

^^^^^
Gotta be a 6.5

^^^^ That's about as bad a thing as you could say. Wow. Brutal.

I’m still confused by the thread title. The Germans far to busy off doing rich people stuff apparently. The 6.5 jokes have been going strong for years now.

They are perfect
That’s for sure and yea
Prices are dumb now but they do kinda earn their reputation
I’d love an older forerunner
I had a nice 2nd gen and a nice 3rd gen (with rear E-locker) and both were great. I’m back in a TJ now but those 4Runners are hard to beat. Both pics back at the old house, I’m a hillbilly now.

57A5C3C0-159C-4EBD-86DC-5B77D6FFE72F.jpeg
BB95BAEF-F99A-4479-9E90-3A2038C76A9F.jpeg

I just bought a 6ix5 Creedmoor prefit. Can't find ammo anywhere. I think I made a mistake.

At a 1000 yd range, some very good shooters, wonder why a 6.5 CM can't group less than a 1/2 inch, where as the 6 CM, 6xc all shoot bug holes. rarely do 6.5's win,,, Points to ponder.

IMO, the reason the 6.5cm got its reputation that we are seeing in this thread wasn't really a result of Hornady marketing the cartridge as something that it is not, it came from the marketing of box store brand rifle manufacturers choosing to produce budget/entry rifles in that particular caliber. If the only people shooting 6.5cm were custom rifle owners, AI/DT/Barret/Sako TRG/etc. owners, whether or not it was hand loaded or factory offering, it wouldn't have the rep or stigma that it carries today. But when Bubba McFuddson walks into an Academy Sports and sees a savage 111 or Ruger American or Ruger RPR (in all of its snipery sniperifc form) chambered in 6.5cm, Bubba is going to do/say some Fudd af shit. I dont think there is a production rifle on the planet that isn't offered in 6.5cm as of today. I may be wrong, but that is the reason the cartridge has the smell of Fudd lingering with it. And that makes it an easy target for people that are actually informed about ballistics to write it off as a cartridge for the Fudds. I get it. I laugh too. The memes are golden.

It has created the same effect similar to EVERY dam of EVERY river/lake in America someone (who probably doesn't even fish) will undoubtedly tell you some iteration of "Hey, ya know, back years ago divers went down there and they saw catfish AS BIG AS A VOLKSWAGON and refused to go back down there."

I have fished all over the south east and without fail, someone has told me that at every body of water ive ever fished. And the size frame of reference is 100% always a volkswagon. Not a buick, not a truck, not a honda, only a volkswagon. It goes without fail so much that i started finishing their sentences for them, to which they reply, "Oh, so you heard, huh?" All i can do is shake my head.

lol

Reactions: akmike47
Bit like guys who buy the .300WM as their first rifle.
They've been swayed by mates or the flock, seen American Sniper, or just fallen prey to the arsehole salesman behind the counter at the gun store.
You see the joy drain from their eyes, when they shoot it at the range for first time.
It isn't for them.
Love my 308's and 338, but the 6.5 Creedmoor has really become my everyday rifle.
It's just a pleasure to use.
If using a 6.5 Creedmoor means I'm a "Fudd" then so be it.
I will be King Fuddy McFudd The 1st.
Living the Dream!

I don’t despise the 6.5 Creedmoor and believe it to be an excellent cartridge. I do not own one either but don’t doubt there’s a good chance I would if the 6.5 Creedmoor had been around when I purchased my 6.5x55.

I will admit the siren song of the 6.5CM was very sweet about 8 yrs ago, but by the grace of God and pulling on my roots in the 260MR I was able to overcome.
wont-he-do-it-hallelujah.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 912173 and lash
Did I hit it?

I think you hit it.

That’s just the wind.

Shoot again.

Did I hit it?

I think you did.

How can you tell?

Common forget it.

Fuuuuuck!
I just spit beer all over my screen....

Thanks dude.

Sirhr

I traded a 308 and a manbun in for a sako trg in 308 the other day because I don't see them come around too often and I always wanted one. The logic was that there will be plenty of low-ish round count 6.5cm semi-tac rifles around before too long.

Lo and behold this week I'm getting a bergara hmr in 6.5 bromosexual for half of what it was last year. Gonna embrace the gay and put that athlon glass on it. Maybe a rattle can rainbow camo paint job.

Zero fucks given, different calibers shoot differently and it's fun to learn how to make them all work. Precison-ish 22lr is the next thing,just working up the courage to ask the stupid questions in the 22 section here!

You are all wrong on this. The new king of the hill is the 6.8 Western. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Y'all just don't know it yet. Ammo is much harder to find than a 6.5CM - very exclusive club where only "real shooters" play.
I dont shoot 6.5 Creedmoor.

I shoot the wildcats 6.7 Creedmoor, and 264-30TC Improved.

Out of the same gun.

• Haha
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Today at work a coworker walked up and excitedly showed me a loaded bullet and said “check out what I just got!” I look at it... it is a 6mm Creedmoor round. So I looked up to see if he is serious or being funny, he still had the proud new dad look, so I asked him, “where’s your man bun?”
He cracks up laughing and said that one of the other guys just asked him the same thing and he wanted to know why. I just laughed with him.
Haha
What's a "loaded bullet"?

You are dead to me..... 44.5gr. of 4064 and a 168smk will do 1000yards..... Although it does take a couple of minutes😁
I only use 39.5 for 178 ELD-M lol. My chamber is pretty tight though. My other uses 41.5 for the same speeds.

This thread just keeps delivering...

Ah ha hah hah haa...

Sorry 6.5 guys. It's not that your caliber is bad. It's just drawn that way....

A few will get that.

Sirhr
I’ve talked so much shit I don’t know if I could ever buy one now lol

I’d rather get 6mm creed if I’m trying dick honestly, or a 6x47, 260, 6br, dasher, GT, numerous others before a 6.5 I just don’t need it.

Shut up Boomer! 😂
Bet you’re older than me! Maybe.

Real talk though I’m younger, but I’m a grandpa at heart. I just don’t see where it’s any better for what I do. The other stuffs just different, I see 6.5 and hear lies about it constantly lol

I’m a millennial with a boomer chambering, but I run a camo ACC and Cyke pod so I regained cool points. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Darkside-Six
308 is like the middle linebacker in football
6.5 is like a euro soccer player