• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Think it's time for a "new to me" pickup truck

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
Been driving Chevy Blazers for years.. I've suffered through the 4x4 issues on all of them (trucks in the shop right now with 4x4 issues).. but other than a blown head gasket and a dropped transmission (luckly covered under 3rd party warrently) all has been pretty good. Oh yeah.. and a blown heater core and none of them have ever had working AC.

Man.. when I think about it.. errr...

So now I'm in the market for a "new to me" used pickup truck. Since I started working from home and don't have that 50+ mile drive everyday, I can get something that better suits my needs and gas milage isn't the #1 factor (not that it ever really was).

What do you guys like/dislike about your trucks.. any suggestions.. any that I should stay away from?

I would like the following:
- 4DR Crew Cab
- Strong V6 or normal V8 (don't need a super charged anything or diesel b/c won't be towing anything heavy.. maybe just a small trailer w/dirtbikes)
- Good 4x4 (as mentioned above I've always has 4x4 issues and am over it)
- Comfortable for a big guy.. I'm 6'4" and can't believe how little adjustment they give you in seats and steering columns anymore.

I'm sure a truck/auto forum would be the best place to go with this.. but this is where I spend my forum time on the net and the people I like to hear from on topics.

Thanks,
John

Re: Think it's time for a "new to me" pickup truck

I am on my second Chevy Avalanche, I love the set up despite being ugly as sin. It rides on a Suburban frame with a link rear suspension instead of leaf springs, which leads to a better ride than a traditional 1/2 ton truck. The bed converts if you need to haul large items and keeps everything secure and dry when the cover is on. My 02 (Z71) was trouble free with an avg of 14.5 city/ 17 hwy. My 09 (2wd) is steady at 17 city/20hwy.
It tows my boat (@5000lb) with ease. Between the two, I really like the 6 speed tranny in the new one. It is silky smooth. Plus the new style (07+) is a more quiet truck.

Good luck.

My first choice would a Toyota Tacoma, but that may be a bit cramped for someone of your stature. Luckily, they also make Tundras.

My 2000 has 182,000 miles on it and I've had to replace an O2 sensor and the factory muffler. That's it.
I fully expect to drive the truck another 50,000 or so with little no problems.

Second choice would be a Ford F150.

Bailout company trucks may be OK, but I just can't get behind a company that took my money without my consent already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Find a 2003-2007 Ram Diesel. They last forever...

</div></div>

Except for the transmissions...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first choice would a Toyota Tacoma, but that may be a bit cramped for someone of your stature. Luckily, they also make Tundras.</div></div>

BIG +1 to this statement if you are open to trucks from other mfgs than the Big 3. I have absolutely, positively beat the hell out of Tacomas, Tundras and currently a 4Runner and they just keep coming back for more each and every time. The Tundras are excellent trucks if you want a full-size pickup with a V8 that offers plenty of power on and off road, and a solid, utterly reliable/dependable truck. A good buddy of mine just picked up a lease trade Tundra Crewmax (4dr...cert. pre-owned), 5.7L V8, 4x4, with 22k mi and the bells and whistles (it wasn't a limited or high-end model, but power everything), TRD off-road upgrades, etc. for what I considered a hell of a price considering the high resale value on these trucks. It had the remainder of the factory warranty also (1yr bumper to bumper remaining). If you have a Toyota dealer nearby, I would recommend you stop in and at least see what they have available and take one for a test drive to see if you like and it meets your needs.

I was a Ford and Chevy Truck Manager for a quit a few years. I also sold alot of new Toyota trucks. The one store I worked at had Chevy and Toyota.

All three of the trucks above are good trucks. You can get a lemon from anyone, including Toyota.

I am also a person of big stature. So I understand exactly what you mean by little room in the truck.

The Dodge trucks have the least amount of cab room. Not knocking the mechanics of the Dodge, they also make a good truck. But the interior space is drastically lacking inside a Ram.

Full size pickup trucks have three types of interiors. They either have bucket seats, a full bench seat, or a split bench seat. Bucket seats have the least amount of room. A full bench seat has more room than a split bench seat. You have to put them side by side to know that, but believe me it is a fact. The problem is most companies have done away with full bench seats. Chevy no longer offers one at all. Ford stopped offering it in the F-150 a few years back when they changed from the style with the rounder front end. I have a 2001 F-150 extra cab. That body style had the full bench seat available, and that is what I needed to be comfortable in the truck. Now the only truck Ford offers it in is the F-250. Find an F-250 with an extended cab and a full bench seat and sit in it. You will then fully understand how much more room a full bench seat offers.

I am looking at a new truck also. But the only one I am comfortable in is the F-250 with a full bench seat.

Chevy does not make one at all in a full bench. They are all split bench. And they have the smaller 40% on the drivers side. Toyota offers a bench seat that is the 60% on the drivers side, which is better than the 40%. Toyota gets second place when it comes to cab room for a big guy. 60-40 or 40-60 is what they call a split bench seat.

If you are going to buy a used tuck then look for a Ford F-150 with a full bench seat in an extended cab. That will be the most comfortable. And have the most interior room. There 6 cylinder is more than enough. I have a six cylinder in mine. And I occasionally pull a 20 foot box trailer. Tom.

I have a 2008 Tundra TRD with the 5.7 I bought it in Sept. 08, since have put 54000 miles with ZERO malfunctions or visits to the shop (aside from the recalls, and I won't get started on that).

Let it be known that I am rather hard on vehicles.

My only complaints with the Tundra are:

Lack of a real LSD (an aftermarket unit is available for the 9.5" rear, one for the 10.5" is in the works)

Paper thin body panels and shitty paint. If I look at this truck wrong I'll scratch it.

But hey, Toyota had to cut some small corners to give us this monster of an engine. Overall I'm extremely pleased.

My gf just bought a new 4wd mega cab half ton ram for 25k. 2010 closeout

Get a Ford. They didn't take any bail out money there has to be some reason for that right? I've got a 03 Excurison, and a 04 250 Crew Cab both 4x4 with the 6.0l diesel and I wouldn't trade them for anything except a new Ford. They have more room inside than any of the others with maybe one exception being a Dodge Mega Cab. If you haven't driven one go test drive one for like half an hour. They still have a solid front axle in the Super Duty series which is a stronger system for the 4x4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a Ford. They didn't take any bail out money there has to be some reason for that right? I've got a 03 Excurison, and a 04 250 Crew Cab both 4x4 with the 6.0l diesel and I wouldn't trade them for anything except a new Ford. They have more room inside than any of the others with maybe one exception being a Dodge Mega Cab. If you haven't driven one go test drive one for like half an hour. They still have a solid front axle in the Super Duty series which is a stronger system for the 4x4. </div></div>

Ford's ecoboost V6 is an incredible show of engineering. They hit the nail on the head repeatedly with that thing. It's the first time my interest in trucks has wandered from Toyota's of recent.

That said, I own a 2004 Tundra and I love the hell out of it. It's a great truck all around and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone else.

If you want the best, go for a Dodge Sprinter...made in Germany by Mercedes Benz, they are deisel and get 25 mpg. They cost comprable to a big American unit but get 50% better milage. fed Ex has already swithced most of their small and medium trucks over.

Ive got an '07 F150, 5.4 V8. get around 19.5 on the highway if my foot isnt too heavy. I am 6'1" and have ample space in the drivers seat. Mine is the SuperCab (think extended cab) But in the 40/60 split rear I can fit comfortably, I woundnt like to ride back there cross country, but for a trip accross town its doable. No issues so far ( had it 2yrs as of now) other than routine maintenace and upkeep.

Hard to believe so many people would rather send money to Japan than to keep it here in the U.S. because of bailout money. I guess you don't bank in America or buy homes here either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to believe so many people would rather send money to Japan than to keep it here in the U.S. because of bailout money. I guess you don't bank in America or buy homes here either. </div></div>

Also hard to believe people would rather pay all kinds of cost overhead to feed a bunch of overentitled union workers bloated pensions when they could just pay for trucks made in Texas at a reasonably well paid plant instead.

Note: my Tundra was built in Texas and cost significantly less than an equivalent Ford built in Mexico.

I just bought a new Ram 2500 crew cab Diesel 4X4 last month. The Tundra interior compared to the new Ram interior is like night and day. the Tundra interior reminded me of the cheap ram plastic interior of 5 years ago. Everything in the Tundra was cheap plastic. Go check out the new rams to make your own comparison.

Oh yea... Toyota wanted the same for the 4X4 crew Tundra that I paid for my Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Ram. My Ram also has twice the options and features of the Tundra.

The Tundra is nice, but you are paying quite a bit for the name.

Yeah the TUndra interior is pretty no frills compared to any of the American manufacturers there's no doubt about that. It seems like over the last 4 years or so they've tuned up the costs as well.

I am a big fan of Diesels. You say you dont need the capabilities but why not have them. You can do so much to a diesel. Tune it for good mileage and ridiculous HP at the same time. Dodge, GM, Ford all have their pro/cons. If you decide to go the diesel route do your research on the year model you are set on as each brand and year seemed to have their own personalities.

I personally have a 2003 LB7 GMC 3/4 ton crew cab 4wd. You can tune the Duramax's to be faster on a tighter budget. Not saying Dodge and ford's cant be tuned but traditionally for a lot more. The problems you will run into with the GM HDs is the IFS. That was the weak link design. So be careful if you want to buy a pre-lifted truck as the tie rods, idler/pitman and centerlink were weak. But that is an easy fix.

Nothing better than having a truck that has 550rwh almost 1000lb/ft torque and still is a dependable everyday driver/tow vehicle if needed.

Besides real trucks dont have spark plugs.

Thanks guys.. I may have to do some research on the diesels.. never thought about going that route. Isn't diesel fuel more expensive than regular ol' 97 octane? Oh and btw.. do the newer trucks still take 97 octane? I know those German cars call for higher grades.

D fuel trucks often get better enough mileage to make up for the slight markup on D fuel.

However, that's dependant on ever changing markets. There have been times in the past few years that driving a diesel could go from a blessing on your pocketbook, to a curse.

Dodge Ram four wheel drive mega cab. I'm 6'4" and 250, I got one and my kids can sit behind me without bitching about their legs being squished. It's the only truck I've been in that my knees don't hit the dash. You can get one with the HEMI since you don't want a diesel, although mine is a deisel and it hauls ass.

Food for thought....
Drive around and look at the Big 3's used lots.
If they have a Toyota truck, they're going to put it on a front corner in a high traffic area.
They do the same with Accords.

There's a reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I'd ditch my Tundra in an instance if they'd bring a Hilux to America. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Oh Hell Yeah! </span>

Arctic%20Trucks%20AT35%20Hilux%2009.JPG

Is the Helix what they used on TOP GEAR (the real BBC version). Think they used it twice on there.. to go to the top of a valcano and grab some magma.. and again to the north pole. It was bad ass.. Yeah, that would be a big seller over here I'm sure.

Diesel trucks are great. No doubt. But the bottom line with a diesel truck is that the vast majority of drivers will never get the value out of a diesel. You have to drive well over 25,000 miles a year and drive one for over 200,000 miles to just break even. Diesels are not all they are cracked up to be. Especially when you leave one out in the cold and forget to plug it in and it won't start the next morning because it got cold. And the smell and stench of one if you drive with you windows open like I do.

I have owned a couple of diesels. And they have their pros. No doubt. But for the average guy who might occasionally draw a small trailer they are not the smart economical deal.

As far as overpaid union workers talked about by the above person who obviouly knows nothing about American labor. Please tell your BS story and antics to my Aunt and my cousins wife who both lost their husbands to asbestos becuase of working in the auto industry in Cleveland. I guess their families don't deserve a fair life??

Knocking union members is easy to do. Unless you have lived through what unions have done for workers in this country. You rarely read of miners deaths here in WV any more. And the main reason for that is the union. So what do you consider a reasonable death number of miners?? I have buried a few in my family from the mines(have you??), as well as had a few more severly injured. So keep driving your Jap. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Helix what they used on TOP GEAR </div></div>

Hilux. Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Please tell your BS story and antics to my Aunt and my cousins wife who both lost their husbands to asbestos becuase of working in the auto industry in Cleveland. I guess their families don't deserve a fair life??

Knocking union members is easy to do. Unless you have lived through what unions have done for workers in this country. You rarely read of miners deaths here in WV any more. </div></div>

Actually I'm well aware of that situation I wrote a report on it for a class recently about the necessity of the unions in those situations.

However, there's two sides of that and the big auto unions in Detroit have unquestionably managed to drive the prices of their cars way up so that we can pay for bloated pensions. People making 120k a year just to do one simple menial task for 45 years and then sit around sucking the corpse.

I'm not anti union, I'm just anti unnecessary waste and inefficiency which I was referencing specifically in automakers unions.

Sorry about your family members.

No matter where your truck/car was built, any/all profits from the vehicle go to the manufacturer: Big 3 means the U.S., Toyota means Japan.

As for price, equally equipped trucks, no matter who makes it, cost pretty close to the same. The "deal" that you got or I got on A vehicle has no bearing on the overall cost of all vehicles. If one was a lot cheaper, there would be more of them on the road than others. The F-150 is the most sold truck in the U.S., but not the cheapest.

Unions are a great idea and have fought to make the working environment better/safer for all workers. However, having paid union positions for the sake of positions is a farce. Union dues are MORE directly responsible for disproportionate pay scales than actual blue collar take home pay.

If anything has come out of the economic disaster, pay scales in the large unions have reset. Just ask your airline pilot about pay the next time you fly, or the auto worker at GM how his pay/benefits have adjusted (if he still has a job).

Nothing wrong with being young, but writing papers is not living in the real world.

I drive my trucks about 25,000 miles a year on average, which is why I buy diesels. I have used up a 36000 mile warranty in 12 months
frown.gif

I have had 4 diesel trucks, and one thing most people dont think about on Diesels is how they hold their value. My last truck was a long bed Dodge quad cab 4X4 diesel that I used for hauling a trailer all over the country. When I got rid of it 3 years later, (I stopped doing cross country hauling trips) it had 59K miles. I sold it for about 8 grand less than what I paid for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No matter where your truck/car was built, any/all profits from the vehicle go to the manufacturer: Big 3 means the U.S., Toyota means Japan.

Nothing wrong with being young, but writing papers is not living in the real world. </div></div>

If a Japanese company builds plants in America, and spends the money to operate here any and all profits from the vehicle most certainly do not go back overseas unless the plant and all the employees and all the supply chain and distribution are somehow being obtained for free!

Most of the money is actually staying right where the vehicles are slapped together. Japanese CEO's and management chains are actually significantly less glamorously paid than Americans, and their businesses run much leaner so in this particular case even more to the point.

Don't assume that I'm young because I'm writing papers for business courses.

Not to pee in any cheerios, but if a person were inclined to add the sales of chevy and gmc pickups, the sales for 2009 would actually be more volume than the same year for ford, when comparing light duty truck sales.

Back to the question of the OP, the largest V6 available is the 4.3l in the chevy/gmc line. I have personally put 129k miles on my 4.3 and it's still running strong. That being said, I also have a 1/2 ton chevy with the 5.3l gas motor, and it's a night and day difference in power. Add to that the 5.3 actually gets BETTER mileage on the highway than the 4.3, and that should serve to shy you away from a v6. Not that there's anything wrong,'but unless there's a really driving reason for the v6, go with the v8.

Extended cab is nice, but the quad cab is better. More room, and still the same size bed. The overall length and wheelbase are both longer, so if you live in a small neighborhood or plan to park inside, check first before you sign.

Not to pee in any cheerios, but if a person were inclined to add the sales of chevy and gmc pickups, the sales for 2009 would actually be more volume than the same year for ford, when comparing light duty truck sales.

Back to the question of the OP, the largest V6 available is the 4.3l in the chevy/gmc line. I have personally put 129k miles on my 4.3 and it's still running strong. That being said, I also have a 1/2 ton chevy with the 5.3l gas motor, and it's a night and day difference in power. Add to that the 5.3 actually gets BETTER mileage on the highway than the 4.3, and that should serve to shy you away from a v6. Not that there's anything wrong,'but unless there's a really driving reason for the v6, go with the v8.

Extended cab is nice, but the quad cab is better. More room, and still the same size bed. The overall length and wheelbase are both longer, so if you live in a small neighborhood or plan to park inside, check first before you sign.

I've gotta 83 Hilux up for sell on autotrader. It's Big as FUCK, run's on propane, and eats rocks for snacks. I'm asking 17,500 (not a Misprint) but I've dropped about 34,000 into it.

I am a big guy as well. (6'5") Look no further than a 7.3 Powerstroke Ford. I have a 1 ton crew cab short box. Tons of room font seats and rear. Lots of power and torque. Great trucks! I drive maybe 15k ish a year and can't complain. Gets way better milage than my F-150 did. Makes up for the fuel cost difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No matter where your truck/car was built, any/all profits from the vehicle go to the manufacturer: Big 3 means the U.S., Toyota means Japan.

Nothing wrong with being young, but writing papers is not living in the real world. </div></div>

If a Japanese company builds plants in America, and spends the money to operate here any and all profits from the vehicle most certainly do not go back overseas unless the plant and all the employees and all the supply chain and distribution are somehow being obtained for free!</div></div>

You don't seem to understand what "profit" means. Of course plants, workers, and suppliers are paid, that is the basis of cost. Any money made beyond those costs are "profits". These are the things the build Bill Mullaly a 50,000 sq/ft house and such. Toyota/Nissan/Honda profits do go directly back to Japan.

The question isnt about profit. As you are dwescribing profit, profit leaves the economy there fore its not in the equation. The simple fact is over the last 15 years companies like toyota, honda, hyundai, even BMW have much more aggressivly invested in US products, people, and investments than our Big 3. The Big 3 which is an inaccurate term these days have invested their and our money in plants in central and south america, Europe and Asia. GM moved its primary call center to the Philipines for example and and highly invested in Brazil and China. Battle Creek Mi where I used to work has no less than 5 major manufactures all producing for hyundai toyota and Mazda. Yes profits not invested do stay in our economy through the "big 3" to be used to purchase some consumer goods hear and trickle down. But they have nearly no profits. And yes Toyota profits not reinvested in their copany go back to Japan where they are used in their economy but also being a major importing nation gets trickled down through the world economy. its really simple if you want to support a blue collar american worker directly, these days buy foreign. If you would like more blue color american workers to get your dolar send a message to our major companies that you will not buy products produced through outsourced labor. the fact is a camry is produced by more americans with american made parts than an impala. the US made vehicle with the highest percent of uUS labor and parts is the corvette, thats great but we arent goign to rebuild an economy off the sales of a $75K 2 seat sports car.

Just got an 06 F150 King Ranch and I love it. Gas mileage is not good, but the truck rides and handles great. 4 wheel drive is also very trustworthy. I have the supercrew and have plenty of room for the wife and 2 kids who are still in car seats. the 4 full doors are everything i hoped they would be.

Thanks for saving me the time.

Essentially where the profits go means next to nothing in a complex global economy. What really matters is where the companies invest, and where and how they operate.

All of this doesn't even begin to consider the shareholders, and how they are benefitted.

How those companies invest their profits is more important than their country of origin in my opinion considering the benefits to the average American.

We can argue about economics. Domestic versus foreign investment and manufacture. And we can even argue about the unions. That is what makes this America.

All I would like to see is a good solid American company stand up and say they are going to produce all their trucks in the USA. Not Canada, or Mexico or China, or wherever.

I do not think they realize what a market there would be for their product if they did that. I just wish they would.

Some of the domestic trucks are American made, and some are not. The size of the Dodge Ram truck plant in Mexico is unbelievable. But Ford and Chevy do it also.

I would prefer to see them bring thsoe plants back to the US. And I would lke to see American workers reep the benefit of those plants. IMO that cycle is coming back to the US. I think we have hit the bottom of our mfg. plants. Personally I believe they will come back to the US.

Yes there are good and bad points to the union. But the bottom line is I have no problem with a working man making a wage that allows his wife to stay home with the kids. I think that is the fundamental problem of our society. Both men and women have to work. And IMO that is a bad thing.

Sorry but I believe the profits should stay in America. Not flow into other markets or countries. Those profits have a multiplier effect, and would add many more jobs if those profits stay here. I think you guys are wrong when you say those profits leaving America does not hurt. Just my opinion. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong with being young, but writing papers is not living in the real world. </div></div>

What does age and writing papers have to do with living in the real world?? I am young by most peoples standards (early 30's),but I go to school with people from age 17 to 55+. Not to mention that I work a full time "real" job and I have since age 18. Don't assume that COURAGEWOLF does not know what he speaks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All I would like to see is a good solid American company stand up and say they are going to produce all their trucks in the USA. Not Canada, or Mexico or China, or wherever.

I do not think they realize what a market there would be for their product if they did that. I just wish they would.

</div></div>

I think we agree 100% on this. Everything outside of this really is an economic complexity beyond my ability to fully argue with a reasonable certainty towards what I'm talking about, but I think alot of people would be surprised just how "good" for our economy some foreign companies are, whilst companies like Apple for instance have a detrimental impact on the American economy despite being incredibly succesful "American" companies.

I know that there's an emotional component here that's really strong, but you have to consider just how complex this situation really is, and that in the bigger picture sometimes keeping the money all locked away in some rich American's coffers may not benefit everyone. It's the movement of money that we use to gauge the health of the markets.

I just love to hear about unions from someone who lives in thier daddy's basement! Stop writing papers and get a job!Preferably at the corner store making next to nothing with no benefits!I have a nice refrigerator box you can live in if you can't find an overpass to live under. Try that for 20 years before becomming a burden on the rest of us. Till then shut your yap...Till you have been there and done that... Shut your yap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just love to hear about unions from someone who lives in thier daddy's basement! Stop writing papers and get a job!Preferably at the corner store making next to nothing with no benefits!I have a nice refrigerator box you can live in if you can't find an overpass to live under. Try that for 20 years before becomming a burden on the rest of us. Till then shut your yap...Till you have been there and done that... Shut your yap! </div></div>

Edited for off topic:

Get a Toyota or a Ford.

Any other choice would be a PA foreman type of stupid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just love to hear about unions from someone who lives in thier daddy's basement! Stop writing papers and get a job!Preferably at the corner store making next to nothing with no benefits!I have a nice refrigerator box you can live in if you can't find an overpass to live under. Try that for 20 years before becomming a burden on the rest of us. Till then shut your yap...Till you have been there and done that... Shut your yap! </div></div>

And...the foreman registered JUST to post that comment!! Feel better now, Joe?!?

CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO THE PICK-UP TRUCK DISCUSSION NOW AND STOP ALL THIS OTHER STUPID $#!T ALREADY?!?!?
crazy.gif

Seriously, this thread is getting waaay the hell off track and pretty ripe for getting shut down.

I have had trucks from all of the big 3. I like my 4 door Duramax the best. I see the original op is from Ohio. I an getting ready to sell a 2007 4 door 4x4 diesel Chevy. If your interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I'd ditch my Tundra in an instance if they'd bring a Hilux to America.</div></div>

I drive a Dodge with a Cummins and would be interested in a Hilux if they'd bring them to America. I LOVE my truck and will keep it till the wheels fall off, but a small or midsized truck with a 4 cylinder diesel would be absolutely perfect for me.

Ford F150 Screw. You will give up 1mpg to the Chevy, not sure about the Dodge. I think it ranks with the Chevy on fuel mileage. 4x4 goes to Ford and has for a very long time in my world.
Pick ups get used where I come from and my previous career was enriched by working on Dodge and Chevy 4x4 systems.

Comfort goes to Ford and I think Dodge is a very close second if not almost equel. To me, Chevy seats SUCK!

my .02