• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pig roast.... </div></div>

I'm all for it, but can we find enough infidels to eat a whole pig??
grin.gif

well, thats a question from Tom.. im sure we would have a good turn out if we did a pig roast.. and corn.. pre pay only, no refund, this way the host cant get boned..

tom
the troops are all excited they are trying to set up about 30 some guys to come down and train possibly before the year is out. Your doing a good thing there.

ST

A pig roast? Sounds great. It really does.

But I do not see the turnout for it. How about bring your own food and refreshments. And maybe some to share with others. Its been done that way before and it worked. But we did not have the turnout to even cover a pig roast. Unless free food and drinks is advertised,the turnout may be there.

The party idea was revolved around the Intimidator aggregate score. The party was supposed to happen after the last Intimidator match. The shooter with the best agg. score was going to receive the money that was put in from the other shooters. Too bad there were no other shooters though.

Tom-correct me if I am wrong on this matter.

Personally,I think a cookout would be better around the fire with plenty of beans.

van

Tom and Wayde-

Thanks for talking me into shooting the AR match on Sunday. I knew you guys thought I wasn't going to show. A few hours later I was back. I had fun. It proved to me that nothing is needed to be proven to me,especially before the match. And I learned that sleep is over-rated and practice pays off.

van

Kaaaarrrlll...

Yes, we need to have our party like we did last year. The grill worked out great and the fire was awesome. I'm ready when you guys are so let me know. I'm here every night..lol..so whatever is best for you guys. I have plenty of elk and I can make some elk stew again and venison chilli....as well as burgers. We have plenty of fire wood and I'm sure the beverages can be arranged. Lets plan it!

This past weekend was a great time and shooting the AR's on the course is a real eye opener for lots of shooters.
I enjoy this match but I'm ready to go further with it now...as in a new course of fire JUST for AR's.
Also, we are getting closer to our new ELR course of fire...if I get a day here I will have a few targets to test by the weekend.

The party sounds good Tom. This year I will be in Ohio.
Count me in.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have a copy of the scores from the AR shoot?</div></div>

I believe half the people cleaned the course (120/120 points) lots of 110's and I don't believe anyone was below 100. Great scores especially with some new shooters out!!

Ring,

I will take a picture and send them to you. You were present when the discussion was taking place about why we don't post the scores.
This rarely comes up but when it does it puts me in the middle.
Half the shooters want it posted and half don't. At the next match we WILL come up with a remedy for this once and for all. We will come up with a solution for those who want it posted and those who don't.
There are some great minds here so it should not be an issue.
Maybe post scores with an without names???? I don't care how we do it as long as everyone is happy...key word, everyone.

really looking forward to shooting up there this weekend!

Hey Tom, just a thought if your website is up and running just create a page (you can have it through your website but not a published link, so you can jsut send the link to that direct page only) for matches and dump the stuff there in a xls and your done.. You cna track it there for as long as you want..Pretty simple fix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe post scores with an without names???</div></div>

not sure how that would work but you are a hella lot smarter then me, maybe i don't get it. have everyone give you a code name to post their results with. people who don't care if results are public can use their real name, people who don;t want others to know their results can make up something random. this is a simple anser from a simple guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MM_usnr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe post scores with an without names???</div></div>

not sure how that would work but you are a hella lot smarter then me, maybe i don't get it. have everyone give you a code name to post their results with. people who don't care if results are public can use their real name, people who don;t want others to know their results can make up something random. this is a simple anser from a simple guy. </div></div>

Code names. Secret squirel stuff!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

How about first and last initials. Keeps the shooters "secret" from the gubment.

Tom - I came out a few weeks ago with my wife to visit your range and had a great time. I will definately be coming back to your events next year and am busy plotting out my strategy (gun, caliber, load, etc.:)

Could you explain to me what seems to be the main concern with some folks not wanting the match scores to be posted ?

I play a lot of sports and if I play a tennis tournament on the weekend, the results and scores are always posted during and afterwards.

If I play a golf match, the scores are posted.

If I run a 10K, the results are posted.

If I do a 50 mile bike race on the weeekend, the results are posted afterwards.

If I shoot a pool tournament, the results are posted.

Am I missing something ? Just curious.

Thanks in advance

You again? I thought you were banned?
It WOULD work easy...with names and without. It is just that simple.
Keep your opinions and lies to yourself we don't care to hear them and it doesn't matter what you think.
Please..if you want to express your opinion please come do it in person.
As for smarts...much smarter, I know when to quit and apparently you don't. As stated in my post I will have our shooters come up with a plan to post scores that everyone can be happy with and since you wont be shooting here it wont much matter to you will it.
I leave most ALL decisions here at TVP to my shooters...ask anyone. If you don't like it then don't come.

zip,

As I said before..posting scores is not up to me nor do I want to be in the middle of it. This is a question you will have to ask those that do and those that don't want them posted. I doesn't matter to me what they decide.
If someone wants to volunteer to post the scores they are welcome to.

Once again..so everyone understands..it's not up to me. It's up to the shooters and THEY need to decide.

As I said before it's 50/50 so what am I supposed to do?

Most of our shoots have turned into training days and at the end of it there is a high score. It's all friendly fun. If you guys want to turn it into a 100% match/competition then ok do it. Then, post the scores and let it be known that is what's going to happen.

I think the way it's been working is great..but what do I know.

And, once again for the record...I could care less which you guys pick. Is it going to make everyone happy? Uh...no..but such is life.
As long as you keep me out of it I'm ok with your decision.
You are the TVP club members..figure out what you want and let us know.
Also, there are cowards(mm) who are just sitting back and waiting for a shit storm so they can put their 2 cents in and make it look like it's me causing the problem when actually it's them fueling it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of our shoots have turned into training days and at the end of it there is a high score. It's all friendly fun.
I think the way it's been working is great..but what do I know.

</div></div>

Tom,
this past weekend was my first trip to TVP, and my first LR shooting "competition".
I met a lot of good folks and had a great time, and I shot better than I expected because <span style="font-weight: bold">everybody</span> there was willing to help a couple of FNG's like my buddy and myself.

Thanks!
We'll be back.

Thanks Tom. Didn't mean to drag you into anything. Was just curious. Looks like this has been hashed over long before I signed onto this site and that I walked into a hornets nest :) Either way - I'll be there next year score or no score.

Am starting to look at a build for next year specifically for your courses over there and have somewhat narrowed things down to maybe a 6XC using the Hbn coated DTAC 115s over H4350 at around 2950-3000fps or maybe Alliance Reloader 17 at around 3000- 3200fps or a little faster. Probably a 28inch barrel with a 7.5 twist.

The other thought is maybe a Remington 260 using the Berger 140 VLD at around 3000fps.

From what I can see looking at all the ballistics charts and running the numbers the ballistics look about equal. Only thing being different being downrange energy.

I would be interested in your thoughts. Sound about right for your courses (headhunter, intimidator, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we should all have 2 wear name tags from the forums
smile.gif
</div></div>

If we do the secret code names, I want "Double-Nought Spy",
if it isn't already taken.
grin.gif

Zip,

The .260 is very hard to beat. The 6mm's are a good choice too.
It comes down to what you can live with and without.
I like the .260 from one yard to one mile...hands down.
Are there better choices??? There is a 6'mm or two that may come close but I choose the .260. Add up all the pros and cons and it wins my vote.
I am however looking at a 6 mm cartridge in the near future..bolt and AR platform to test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zip,

The .260 is very hard to beat. The 6mm's are a good choice too.
It comes down to what you can live with and without.
I like the .260 from one yard to one mile...hands down.
Are there better choices??? There is a 6'mm or two that may come close but I choose the .260. Add up all the pros and cons and it wins my vote.
I am however looking at a 6 mm cartridge in the near future..bolt and AR platform to test. </div></div>

Thanks Tom. That's pretty much what I was figuring. I threw the 6XC into the conversation because like everyone else I read all the David Tubb, Norm Houle stuff and get cought up in the 6XC/DTAC 115 stuff. Pretty easy to do but I agree with ya on the .260.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is assclown taken????? I will have a couple patches made for them..lol. </div></div>

are we talking regular assclown or no talent assclown? There is a difference ya know.

As much as I like squattingchickn I kinda wanna go with "no talent shit magnet". Hopefully that's available for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wgsp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is assclown taken????? I will have a couple patches made for them..lol. </div></div>

are we talking regular assclown or no talent assclown? There is a difference ya know. </div></div>

I think you should go with rainmaker.... I really don't think there has been a time you have come to this county and it hasn't rained.

I'll throw my vote in for having scores posted. I haven't been everywhere, but of the 20 or so ranges I can think of that I have shot matches of various games at there is only one where the scores are NOT posted.
Don't worry about being on "the list" somewhere because I'm sure we've all see the videos on the news of terrorist training camps. If there is anyone keeping track of people like us then there are certainly videos of you shooting the Head Hunter course while you are training.
I'll keep shooting there either way, but it would be cool to see who's doing what on the weekends when I can't make it.

apparently you have me confused with someone else, sorry. i though this form was a place where retired military would carry some respect but i guess not. thanks for showing your true colors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taliv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
really looking forward to shooting up there this weekend! </div></div>

Really wish I was going to be there but as luck would have it I cant, see ya at PMG.

As for the score thing
I was keeping a running total of everyone's score that ever shot at TVP. High,Low,Avg,and last shot then posting it on the bulletin board that the storms destroyed. When I started it I also said I was going to post it on Hide. A few shooters voiced their concerns to me privately that they did not want this for there own reasons. So out of respect for your fellow shooters write down YOUR score or keep it in YOUR logbook and leave it at that.

That being said if it is a "special match" the scores will be posted

Oh really?
So, then what is your REAL name? Have you been here before?

Most everyone knows my true color..and it ain't yellow like you.
You've posted your opinion about me several times before...you don't know the meaning of the word respect.
Oh and about me being smarter than you and god's gift to the shooting world as you mentioned in a previous post...what else do you need to know?
Prove me wrong....mouth.

Also, funny how you are not excepting PM's as of a few hours ago...I'm now alerting the mods and I expect you to go away. If you have an issue with me please come see me in person...you know where I'm at.

now there's a man who knows when he's got something good in his mouth.....lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh really?
So, then what is your REAL name? Have you been here before?

Most everyone knows my true color..and it ain't yellow like you.
You've posted your opinion about me several times before...you don't know the meaning of the word respect.
Oh and about me being smarter than you and god's gift to the shooting world as you mentioned in a previous post...what else do you need to know?
Prove me wrong....mouth.

Also, funny how you are not excepting PM's as of a few hours ago...I'm now alerting the mods and I expect you to go away. If you have an issue with me please come see me in person...you know where I'm at.

</div></div>

Hey Tom, its Friday....Time to settle down.. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtstanley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the plan this weekend? </div></div>

From the first page.......

17th - Head Hunter Day & Night
18th - Intimidator

Tom your color is definitely not yellow. You done/proved everything you said you could do when we were there. We had a awesome time and will be back in Oct. and hopefully a lot more next year. Everyone should go shoot TVP at least once. Tom is very knowledgeable,friendly and very helpful in lr shooting. Unless maybe you show up and talk alot of smack about being a BA shooter.
shocked.gif

Thanks for helping me improve my shooting and if we use code names I probably should take: No Hittem Lead Slinger. lol

I agree totally with KY 606, I got the privilege of shooting with Tom and the "crew" at the newbie day at the range earlier this year. I'm not a newbie but I wanted to get the feel for the group. I learned more in that 1 day than I have in several years of shooting and what I learned stuck with me due to the no nonsense way the course was ran. I will be surely be back when my schedule allows it and I hope to be a regular there in the future.

I've been watching this "smack" go back and forth for a few days and have to laugh because it just that "SMACK". Everyone needs to get out there and shoot with you guys at TVP, it's quite and experience.

I agree with Breeze, if you wanna know your score, check the clipboard at the end of the day. It is always laying on one of the benches for ample time after a match. Or total it up when it is your turn to keep score on the last stage. More importantly, make yourself a data book and record all your hits/misses/dope for each target. if you do that and average everything out you WILL (over time) hit them on your first shot (if you can figure out the wind).

Can someone give me a round count for this weekends mile shoot.

TVP shooters,

Sorry for the late response about the mile match details.
As of now it is cancelled and we will have an open range day.
Shooters can decide what they want to do once you get here like always....Head Hunter, Intimidator or Short. The mile can still be shot if you wish.
Reason is....
I got called to deliver 180 round bails by Friday for reclaimation for the mine so duty calls. We will be saving some of the bails to shoot from and off of stacks.
Hope no one is too upset with this decision but I'm a one man show and there is work that needs to be done.
Or...we can have a range work day/shoot day. Maybe set up .22 course of fire?
Let me know.

Thanks.

Tom

getting ready to fire up the metal shop pretty soon. any ides for some .22 targets let me know...

Trying to get shook loose to come back.. I miss TVP my trigger finger is a little rusty... Tell Wade that the next time I come up i will bring his charcoal grill that I promised him.

Hey Tom, It's has been requested that you consider leaving one bale at each station for hospitality purposes.
smile.gif
Just kidding.

Im game for whatever i should be there saturday.

Tom
has the caliber restriction been lifted for the short course? If not what is the current cartridge limit?
Thanks zac

I'm hoping to get to the short coarse next Sunday because it looks like my last chance to get up there before the Season is up. Hope to see you then gentlemen.

Thank you,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">I am however looking at a 6 mm cartridge in the near future..bolt and AR platform to test.</span> </div></div>

the 243wssm AR15 is the fastest 6mm in a AR15
http://www.dtechsuperstore.com/WSSM%20page.htm

1/8 Shilen will get you the 105+ bullets

for info/question, this would be a good forum
http://forums.wssmzone.com/