• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

tikka t3 dovetail dimensions

bmacconaghy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2013
Seattle, wa
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the tikka t3 action dovetail? And am I correct is assuming that they lie parallel to the bore axes? And what is the bolt pattern on top? And what about that alignment pin hole? I'm sure the dovetail is some kind of standard dimension, but my google-fu isn't quite strong enough to pull this information right now. I've got a tikka ctr on order, and I'd like to model some ideas I have for a scope mount that incorporates the screws on top as well as the dovetail groves for improved stability. It's just for fun, so there's no need to tell me there are already a huge selection of mounts and blah, blah, blah... If you have the info, thank you.

The dovetail is 16.5mm or .650" wide at the top. I can't help much on the angle or the hole spacing though. Contact Hakan Spuhr and he may tell you. Good luck,
Justin