• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRIGGERCAM Video

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay, I have been using the TRIGGERCAM since it arrived in the USA, and here is a quick video on it,

Pros:

Single unit, no cage set up
    Solid Construction
    Easy Operation
    Video Quality is Good
    Manual Focus
    Both Internal and External Recording

Cons

Apps can be buggy
    Ocular is small
    Image is slightly cropped at the edges

It's easy to use and simple to set up. Initially, the iPhone App was not working they fixed it pretty fast, the Android version worked the first time. I have found the software to be a bit buggy, but a quick reset fixed it.

I like it has a mechanical focus, the App delay makes focusing a bit of a task, but not awful. The unit just feels solid being a sealed mostly metal construction. If you are playing with it in a location with Wifi, make sure you tag the unit and keep it close otherwise it will not just auto-connect.

It's not the greatest video quality, but it's not awful either, and paired with your scope is a useful tool.

Overall it was easy to work with, and I plan on incorporating it into more of my videos

Ahhh, it's all-in-one. For some reason I was under the impression that it accepted a GoPro. Maybe just me glancing at the back of it and not reading the specs.

Way simpler than the Torrey Pines and Phone Scope mounting.

This is semi related. Say you mount this on a NF, Vudu or something else with a rotating occular. Are there any simple or cheap options for video editing to go back after the fact and re-level the footage after magnification changes instead of having to physically realign the device on the scope.

This is semi related. Say you mount this on a NF, Vudu or something else with a rotating occular. Are there any simple or cheap options for video editing to go back after the fact and re-level the footage after magnification changes instead of having to physically realign the device on the scope.

No, if you rotate the ocular you have to align the unit back up ...

that is silly to think software will fix that type of mechanical change.

These are cheap tools, very basic stuff

No, if you rotate the ocular you have to align the unit back up ...

that is silly to think software will fix that type of mechanical change.

These are cheap tools, very basic stuff

I'm not expecting the triggercam itself to do it but rather doing some video editing after the fact to clean it up.

It interests me for recording night time hog hunts through NV and thermal clipon optics and being able to go back and get a better idea of what leads work on runners among other things. Depending on the scenario I may get the first shot of at 100yds and have them in the open for 6-700yds after that until they hit the trees. There isn't really time to stop and readjust for a zoom change.

It looks like editing after the fact is an option. I'm just not well versed in media editing
    http://www.videosoftdev.com/how-to-rotate-video

Curious if anyone has used it in lower light, dusk and dawn. Would be pretty cool for hunting, especially with the little ones.

Good video Frank, thanks for putting it out you really hit the details in a clear and concise manner.

Reactions: Cuda-dude
    I'm guessing it does not record sound? Looks pretty slick, though. Thanks for the vid, Frank.
    Yes, it records sound. It's pretty sensitive about it too.

newguy2kv2 said:
    Final Cut Pro or any other video editing software usually makes it very simple to re-orient the video. If you're doing post-processing of video you could do a lot worse than Final Cut.

Tcoddington said:
    Curious if anyone has used it in lower light, dusk and dawn. Would be pretty cool for hunting, especially with the little ones.
    It sees as well as you see. What's cool is in post processing you can brighten videos taken during low light so even if you think it's too dark, it's not.

So if this doesn't fit the ocular on the Schmidt, I'm guessing it won't fit the ZCO either? I thought I read this somewhere. Pretty tempting even so.

Reactions: seansmd
    how much further back does it set your eye relief? Or does it sit pretty flush with the ocular?

They were $500 I believe. I wonder if they dropped to increase sales or if a newer model is on the way that will fit larger occulars
    I've wondered the same cuz I could have sworn they were $500 too. Fingers crossed for a larger ocular version. I'm personally waiting a bit to buy one.

They were $550 originally but they have a special going on. I'm not sure about a razor 2, check the ocular, if it's 47.9mm or smaller then IIRC you should be ok. I loaned mine out recently or I'd measure it for you. If you have ZCO, it won't fit those YET. I gather they're working on a 50mm model but that certainly won't happen while the planet is in quarantine. I get a good 2+ hours of recording and have had it powered up and WiFi turned on on it for the bulk of a 1-day match. They do work while being charged too. Found that out the hard way.

The .co site had US dollar pricing for a while, not sure if they still do. When they did the dollar price was calculated from the Rand conversion value which lead to a lot of wild fluctuations. In theory it won't let you actually purchase one from the .co site. Americans have to go to the .com site.

Mine arrived today, looks like 47.9 is the current diameter. Fits the S&B 5-25, not sure if it will go on the Razor II, I'll check it tomorrow.

So if this doesn't fit the ocular on the Schmidt, I'm guessing it won't fit the ZCO either? I thought I read this somewhere. Pretty tempting even so.
    It does not fit the zco, the us distributor said they are working on it but this covid crud messed that up.

Reactions: Mike4837
    Hmmmm I could run this on scopes that sit behind my clip on thermal and record and sound. That would make it very easy. Anyone know if if will work on a Acog or the minox zp5 scopes

Would be cool if they took it further and built in an electronic red/green dot level into the back of the unit in a similar vein to the Send it Level.

With a slight modification, they will fit on a Zero Comp.
    Remove the hex bolt, drill the bolt hole out with a #29 drill bit, tap with an 8-32. Takes a bit to flex the ring over the eyepiece, but it goes. Install and tighten the new 8-32 bolt and viola.
    Or wait for them to make one that’ll fit. But, I’m impatient. Lol
    5926D45B-5827-494F-92C6-071C21B6199A.jpeg

1921131D-8D45-40EB-8A39-65D710D018C3.jpeg

Last edited:
    I was also able to get the triggercam to mount securely to my razor gen 2 without using the plastic inserts. I have used it for 2 range days and a match with zero issues so I'd say it's GTG

Attachments

• 99408270_866184543895588_7276215408821010432_n.jpg
      99408270_866184543895588_7276215408821010432_n.jpg
      521.3 KB · Views: 136
    Reactions: Mike4837 and A&8's
    With a slight modification, they will fit on a Zero Comp.
    Remove the hex bolt, drill the bolt hole out with a #29 drill bit, tap with an 8-32. Takes a bit to flex the ring over the eyepiece, but it goes. Install and tighten the new 8-32 bolt and viola.
    Or wait for them to make one that’ll fit. But, I’m impatient. Lol
    View attachment 7338543
    View attachment 7338544
    So I bought this to mate up to my zco, as mentioned above you can get the first section over the eye piece but the second inner section does not. I was not able to get good focus without getting the second section over the eye piece. I may be able to adjust the diopter and make it better but I doubt it.
    I mounted it on my PST and it was easy to focus.

Look for this in the PX, will need to wait for the new model.

I was also able to get the triggercam to mount securely to my razor gen 2 without using the plastic inserts. I have used it for 2 range days and a match with zero issues so I'd say it's GTG
    Did the inner ring clear the eye piece and push up tight?

I knew i should have just spent the extra money on one of these units instead of getting that sure shot cam I had great video's of my eye ball or exessive light comming in from the space between the unit and the scope . and they still have not returned my email about how I can or could correct this problem . yea

On the ZCO without any inserts you can spread the first section and get it to slide over the eye piece. You can't get the second section over the eye piece. On my PST Gen2 I was able to slide it completely up against the wall you can see at the back of the second section. The PST was super simple to focus to very crisp at high zoom. The ZCO I could not get to focus to any quality level. I may play with the diopter adjustment on the ZCO to see if I can dial it in, I am not hopeful. I knew this was a challenge when I bought it.
    20200609_080435.jpg

Great vid the trigger cam looks like a useful tool when you want to review the mistakes you make when shooting

Sorry for reviving this old thread. Does anyone know where to find a triggercam in stock? been looking for one. Seems it would be a good tool for training. Thx

I've seen a few in the wild and looked like a nice solution. guess, I'll wait if there are QC issues. Thank you

I seen these for sale at the local shop I go to, Nedved Precision Shooting. He showed me a video shooting a spinner. I now understand the timing of the spinner a little more and why the other shooters always say measure the spinner. This triggercam it looks like it would be great for training, reviewing your shots, and hunting.

The instruction manual leaves a lot out. My triggercam records in slow motion for some reason and nothing in the manual explains it.