• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Trying to figure out what bipod I want??

cpu77

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
Okay I am new to all this. I am building a Remington 700 on AICS SA 2.0 Chassis. I want a bipod and have heard great things about the acc-ushot. They list several models and I cant tell the difference. The other thing I need to know is will I need some kind of adapter?

Can someone recommend one from the models below?
BT10, BT10NC, BT10NC/BT19, BT10/LW17

Re: Trying to figure out what bipod I want??

+1 for ATLAS.

So I do need a spigot? Now whats the difference in those models? I thought I would buy a V8 but all I see for sale are those models. Was it replaced?

Atlas and Harris are both great. Depends on how much you want to spend and what features you are looking for.

I have also been reading previous posts on the Hide regarding the Atlas. It sounds like most of the members here have had great results with it. Also appears to be slightly easier to load, which is good news for me as I'm also a noobie. I also agree with" buy once, cry once"

I have always used Harris, but honestly, I like the Atlas better. Just a little expensive, that's all.

STR.... What is it about the Atlas that you personally like better? I'm just trying to gain a further understanding as to why people are considering making the change from Harris. I've only owned a couple cheap Shooters Ridge for mainly hunting. But that's all about to change...

Atlas is much better built, have tons of features that will help you be more successful while shooting.

Harris better save m,oney for ammo

I currently have the parkerhale that came with my AI and I'm thinking about switching to the atlas. I just need to find someone that wants my current one before I drop another 300 on bipods though...

I haven't found the Atlas to be a drastic improvement over a Harris S bipod with a KMW PodLoc, but still prefer it. I like that there are more leg positions. When hunting, I sometimes will carry the rifle balanced on my hip pad and will use one of the legs as an carry handle. They're also much quieter to deploy than the spring-loaded Harris. The 9-13 Harris model I used to use did give me a little more height.

I'll be curious to see how the Fangs for the Atlas I just ordered through a Group Buy will work.

I have the same questions about an Atlas versus a Harris. All I've ever used is a Harris pivoting bipod. What ARE the big advantages of the Atlas? Weight maybe??

The obvious seems to be the Atlas range is 4.75-9" plus leg Extension availability vs Harris 6-9" only. That 1.25 inch can make it easier to get comfortable in some shooting positions. Also, the Atlas with the additional 45 degree notch forward and rearward, will give a variety of positions if needed. It will also pan left and right if you shooting at movers in the prone. I've put a Harris on a frisbee, but not the same. Plus I think the tilt has a little more range. There are plenty of videos, you may want to check youtube and check them out.

BC

The differences between models seems to be the way they attach to a rail. Screw tight, quick release lever and something without a clamp so you can choose. You already found the AICS spigot thing.

The benefits that Bellycrawl suggested were the exact same benefits that I was going to suggest for an Atlas over a Harris. I have been using a Harris up until recently when I finally gave the Atlas a try and really like it better. There is a significant price difference, but if this is not an issue for you than I would recommend the Atlas over the Harris. With the AICS chasis you would probably want the spigot and the bipod version that mates up to it (BT10NC). This version would also allow you to use an ADM throw lever mount for a quick release option if you wanted to use it on a pic rail.