• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Two NEW suppressors

Pavlata

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2009
Arizona, USA
Just picked up my SWR Spectre and 45 Osprey on Thursday.
Boys and I will go give them a workout tomorrow.
6" Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite upper on my old Ruger MK II.
We will also shoot it on our Sig 522 and Ruger 10-22 with 18" bull barrel.
My old Colt Mk IV Series 70 that I have had for about 30 yrs has just been sitting in the safe, but now she has a Storm Lake barrel. Maybe I will have to start modifications on it now. The factory front sight sits 0.063" below the Osprey but I can still sight to shoot.
DSC06156.jpg

Re: Two NEW suppressors

<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="color: #000099"> </span> Very nice, and great choices on 2 great cans, nice 1911

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indypendent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking good.

I'd love to have one of those with a Pac Lite barrel, fluted in particular. </div></div>

The PAC LITE barrels are the cat's azz - CRAZY LIGHT!!

I have a Spectre/Buckmark/TacSol barrel combo and LOVE it. And I'm really wanting an Osprey45...maybe someday

Thanks for the comments guys!

My Boys (ages 13 and 11)and I are new to the suppressor world, and in the words of my 11 y/o when he first shot the MK II with the Spectre, "AAaaaaah Dad, that is just SICK!"

We were shooting CCI standard velocity and I am amazed at how quiet the Spectre is even on the 18" bull barrel 10-22. The action of the 10-22 was louder that the report from the shot!

The Boys kept fighting over the can between the Sig 522 and the Ruger, so I am thinking it would be nice to have another .22 can. I think the next one will be a SilencerCo "New" stainless Sparrow!

It is nice being able to shoot without any hearing protection!

Yeah that Pac lite barrel is lite held one the other day and thought the gun was fake it was so light.

I am really looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Osprey 45. I know a lot of people are really please with it's performance. I have one on order and can't wait to try it for myself!
Great choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am really looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Osprey 45. I know a lot of people are really please with it's performance. I have one on order and can't wait to try it for myself!
Great choices. </div></div>

After watching many, many videos of people shooting Opsreys, to include the SilencerCo videos, I wasn't too sure of just how quiet or loud it was going to be. I wasn't sure of how it would be shooting it without any hearing protection at all since our first suppressor was a YHM 7.62 and shooting it with the supersonic crack was a little too loud so I wear earplugs when I shoot it.

The videos do not give you an accurate representation of what it is like to actually shoot one or to stand to the side while someone else is shooting it.

We were shooting my handloads (230 gr FMJ with 4.8gr H-TiteGrp, and 200 gr XTP's with 5.2gr of H-TiteGrp). The best way I can describe of how it sounds is, "a low toned, muffled pop." It wasn't sharp of high pitched. From what I could tell, only a small difference from FRP to the remaining 6 rds. It is even more quiet and muffled shooting it wet (5cc water).

I am extrememly happy with the 45 Osprey and how quiet it is. It is really nice not having to wear any hearing protection while shooting. It is like shooting a 50 BMG or hitting your target at 1K meters, it just makes you smile!
grin.gif