• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vet from Carolina checking in

SeaLegs

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2014
North Carolina
Hey guys my name is Chris and I have recently been bitten by the precision shooting bug. I am a Navy Vet, I am 37 and I live in North Carolina. I hunted growing up in KY and I shot a small amount while I was in the Navy but it was mainly an M9 at 20 yards and an M14 at 50 for quals. Anyways I am eager to learn and get into the world of precision shooting and I can't wait to get my hands dirty and learn from you guys!

I am in Rocky Mount right now but I am looking to move to the mountains on the western end of the state. Just waiting on the right house to open up.

Although I see the appeal of moving to Western NC for a lad from KY, most of the LR stuff I'm aware of is on this side of the state. Your closest venue is Woody's and possibly Front Line Defense. I'm well acquainted with Woody's, but no experience with FLD.

What equipment do you have and what are you wanting to do? Carolina Shooter Forum is another great place to get tapped into the local NC scene.

I am on NCGunowners and I am friends with Paul who owns frontline(kinda where I got the bug from). His 1000 yard range is opening this winter according to him so that will be a definite plus. Right now he has a 300 yard range and it is pretty nice. FLD is a top notch establishment. As for me right now I am just getting into it. I have a R700 in 30-06 with a Nikon Monarch but that is not what I plan on using. I am looking at an AR10 build for my first precision rifle or maybe 300WSM platform right now I am just info gathering to see exactly what direction I would like to go. I have that kid in a candy store feeling and I need to get myself centered before I actually start a project. The reason I plan on moving to the mountains is because I can have my own land and build my own range(which is REALLY what I want) where I live the closest range is FLD which is 45 mins which is just too far with kids trying to learn to shoot plus the money I save in fees I can put into builds...

FOR Is in Warren County on Ernest Turner rd. He has a Web site frontlinedefenseusa.com

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk