• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VitaMix?

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2007
Anyone else have one of these? I just got one. Up until a week ago the only time I ate veggies was via pizza / Mexican / Asian take-out.

Thus far I have been stuffing the container full of veggies, playing with flavor from lemons / limes / ginger / vanilla extract / nutmeg / cinnamon; and I throw in a scoop of whey protein as well.

I have been drinking 4 or 5 a day, and I have eaten a chicken breast or two. I have no desire for sugar. Very little desire for carbs (my favorite) and feel better already. Kinda like the difference between a large dose of vitamin B vs caffeine for energy - a very clean feeling with lots of energy.

Anyway, I was a naysayer for a couple of years while my wife advocated for it. I have a different opinion now. If you are thinking about such a machine (any company) I encourage it.

Good luck

Last edited:
Fuckin life changing right!?! When My wife came home with a 400 dollar blender I almost shit... now I make all kinds of crap in it, love that thing. I've convinced my parents and my sister to get one.

My wife just got one of these and hits me up with strange green concontions frequently. She's lovin' it. She's made some pretty good "ice cream" in it too. And the homemade salsa rocks!

went with Blendtec instead because of more powerful but VitaMix offers better variety of jars.

Now, checking out various juicing machines....

My parents have had a VitaMix for about 12-13 years. They spent almost or near $400 on it and at the time I thought that was outrageous! They use it 4x a day and had a slight problem once, they replaced a small part and it runs like the day they bought it. Now I am looking at getting either the VitaMix or BlendTec. I like the smooth looks and user interface of the Blendtec better, I am still up in the air but in the next month or two I will have one. I usually eat my veggies at night with dinner but I would like to be able to make delicious, healthy shakes in the morning to start my day. I think it is a wonderful investment into your health.

Today's lunch - brussel sprouts / kale / chard / carrots / spinach / green beans / cinlatro / 2 limes /1 lemon / 2 jalapeños / 1 avocado / 1 can (well rinsed) black beans / 2 roma tomatoes / fresh garlic / cumin / paprika / salt / pepper - FREAKING AWESOME

I am a week in, body feels better already. Meal prep is @ 15 minutes, can usually make one for now and one for later. Clean up is @ 5 minutes. Super convenient. Little tuna / chicken - easy healthy diet that is portable and can be made in advance.

Good luck

Last edited:
I hate knowing there's a product out there that is far superior to all others. Never again will I have chunks the size of glaciers when I blend ice. Vitamix is the king of all blenders. It just works.

Jumped on the blender wagon myself (Blendtec) for $300 refurbed. I just had upper jaw surgery to expand my palate, and my GF says I look like a white version of Biggie Smalls now. Ya, it's that bad, I would be eating nothing without this contraption. I never thought I would buy a $400 blender!!! I could hide my identity this way, as I really look nothing like this.

Attachments

• Surgery.jpg
    Surgery.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 17
I would have laughed when someone told me they had spent that much on a blender. Then I was given one as a gift. If it breaks, I would buy another one.

Ive had my eye on them for a while now. Alot of promotions on foodnetwork. Now i know i need one! Maybe i can use the 20% off bed bath and beyond coupon!

Big +1 on the blendtec blender. I had a vitamix, but after hearing so much about the blendtec on the joe rogan expierience I decided to pick one up and see what the fuss was all about. Blendtec is far superior.

Train by day joe rogan podcast by night, all day!! Lol

The wife and I absolutely love ours. We make dairy free smoothies with a frozen banana and other frozen berries or fruit, whey protein powder, a little hemp seed and a handful of fresh spinach--water as need to get the right consistency. Awesome! The wife likes a little Splenda in hers.

I bought my wife a Blendtec a couple years ago as an anniversary present, and she absolutely loves it; her and my son are making smoothies of some type just about every day. The price is only expensive for those that haven't yet wiped out several $50 department-store pieces of crap.

If only it was a little quieter, my two year old runs from the kitchen covering his ears and the baby screams in terror.

$400 my ass wife spent $900 for the commercial grade Vitamix came with three different size blender tops and 2 different blades. Ok going to shake my wifes purs for my balls back now...!!!! good luck

If only it was a little quieter, my two year old runs from the kitchen covering his ears and the baby screams in terror.

My two-year-old son laughs like a madman when my wife runs the Blendtec :)

Picked up a Blendtec today Costco $329. The firikin thing blended a sugarcane stick which sold me. I then went broke gettin stuff to blend. I hope I stay with it.

My vita mix is insane, bought a new try tri clad calphalon set at bband beyond got 50 off my next purchase and a 20 percent off coupon to pay like 350 , love both

Picked up a Blendtec today Costco $329. The firikin thing blended a sugarcane stick which sold me. I then went broke gettin stuff to blend. I hope I stay with it.

Me and the GF just bought one today and made some healthy shake. Cant wait to make some more crazy concoctions tomorrow. Its a beast and well worth the $.

anyplace with good recipes? Ive been dieting lately and went for a gradual change from my typical diet to a more lean meat n veggeis diet (trying to adjust my palate on a gradual change only sugar comes from my 1 soda a day which is moving to every other day) and the few recipes ive seen so far look tasty.

Had one for almost 7 years now. Went through a lot of "comercial" blenders before it. Mostly use it to make smoothies, margaritas, and milkshakes. Occasionally I will blend a soup. Over the years we have given several as gifts and always get random thanks years after.

Vitamix does make a 3hp version but it has a shorter warranty. Looked at blendtech but didn't think it was worth a move.

anyplace with good recipes? Ive been dieting lately and went for a gradual change from my typical diet to a more lean meat n veggeis diet (trying to adjust my palate on a gradual change only sugar comes from my 1 soda a day which is moving to every other day) and the few recipes ive seen so far look tasty.

Just start playing with it.

Today's - spinach / khale / large beet / 6 sticks of asparagus / 1 orange / 1 banana / a few frozen rasberrys / 1 tbl spoon of cinnamon / @ 6 dried cloves

My wife really likes lemons / limes / and cumin in hers.