• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Vortex Tactical Monocular - Problems??

oud272

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2010
Oregon
I have just received the Vortex Tactical Monocular and find that the reticle is only in focus for one position on the focus ring. So the problem I have is that if I focus on an image at say 500yds the image is focus but the reticle is completely out of focus making it unusable for range estimation.

My distant vision is 20/20 but I need glasses for reading. I tried with and without glasses but still had the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem or is it just my eyes.

Re: Vortex Tactical Monocular - Problems??

Just for clarification, you do know that there is one adjustment ring for the focus of the objective and one adjustment ring for the reticle. Bring the target into focus then adjust he reticle to match. If you are doing this and this is not working than I do not know what to tell you.

I've just checked and I can only find one focus ring. If there is another one I can't find it. The instructions also only mention one focus ring.

I'm ready to feel a right fool when someone shows me the location of it.

The recon monocular has both an image focus and ocular focus. So you have to focus the reticle using the ocular and then focus the image.

oud272...sorry, cannot help you there. Thought we were discussing the Recon monocular scopes. Maybe someone else can chime in on this particular model. The Recon has two focus rings, one for the objective and one for the reticle but the solo seems to be simplified. Sorry for the non help. Good luck.

Thanks edgewater. It does seem that it would need two focus rings to work correctly.

Hopefully Scott form Vortex will chime in.