• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Anyone running their Vudoo in a Manners TCS stock?
I'm interested in using a 20" barrel and would like to know by how far the muzzle will clear the ARCA rail. I don't see that spec listed on Manners web page.

This is with the 18" Kukri

1606753131486.png

Isn’t that the truth. Just ordered my new apparition today and the leadtime is 14 weeks. They are going to be the longest 14 weeks ever.

That's 3 people I'm tracking that ordered from them today.....14 weeks is going to be a struggle... plenty of time to research chassis

Reactions: AshtonPrecision
Ugh I might have to look in the PX at this point. Still trying to decide between MPA/mdt ACC or ESS
(For my 2nd one hahhaha)

Ugh I might have to look in the PX at this point. Still trying to decide between MPA/mdt ACC or ESS

I like the MPA - it has great things to offer... but i seems a lot of people have their v22 in it (probably because they work) - my first v22 is in Cadex Defence Lite Competition Chassis....

I'll look further for something different for my LH V22, if all fails I'll be going with MPA with folding stock option.

Reactions: AshtonPrecision
I want/need a folder tho I’m wondering if the “knob” is in the way for the bracket. Which is why the MDT chassis has my
Attention as it’s a dual hinge system

Thanks MB. Great video and I have done that exact routine on my gen 1 with 25,000+ rounds since day one. Very easy to clean and shoots lights out. The VFG pellets are the way to go. Thanks again and keep on innovating!

Reactions: RAVAGE88
My centerfire is in a MDT ESS and I almost went that route to stay consistent, but after doing tons of research and seeing how well the Vudoo works in the MPA chassis I decided to go that route.
I have used 4 MPAs on my Gen1 V22.
Two older castle cuts bought on the LH PX here, both with standard mag catch, and they are perfect matches for the mags, no slop, drop free.
Then 2 new ambi stocks, 1 BAComp and 1 Ultralite, both had some more clearance, so more sloppy, but the MPA adjustable mag catch worked perfectly to lock them up tight like the others. MPA sells the catches and they install easy.
MPAs have been really good with my V22.
I also had great fits with 2 Manners mini chassis, but prefer pistol grips to standard stock feel...
PXL_20201129_153811348.MP.jpg

The longer you wait, the longer the lead times :)

Don't get a Proof Barrel, it really doesn't make any sense unless you're trying to do a lightweight squirrel killer. Not only are you spending more on the barrel, it doesn't shoot as well as their Ace barrel, and you have to spend more money on weights...
Please don’t propagate false information. My proof barreled vudoo shoots 110% just as good as the ace barreled ones.

The only reason to not get one is if you don’t need the ever so slight weigh savings or if you don’t want to spend the extra money. My setup weighs 15lbs with no added weights, tho is a little butt heavy with the AX chassis but it’s not unmanageable either on barricades.

Reactions: Bob huth
(For my 2nd one hahhaha)
Just be aware, if you aren't already, that the fore-end of the MDT ACC is much longer than the MPA BA Comp. This image shows my 20" Vudoo (actual measured length 18.75") in MPA chassis in front of ACC-mounted 6.5CM, with the fronts of the actions aligned. Due to the way the dividers in my safe were arranged, I actually had to cut one out so the ACC would fit.

74BAEC19-1AF5-4022-8707-D58E0CE41D73_1_105_c.jpeg

Yeah I’ve talked with Littlepod on here, he got his cut down 3.5” but I think I may be going MPA. Waiting to hear back from woody on a color scheme (fde/black distressed) for the vudoo. And then maybe a blue/black distressed for a 6.5????
Was looking at folders but I dunno if the hassle is worth it.

Yeah I’ve talked with Littlepod on here, he got his cut down 3.5” but I think I may be going MPA. Waiting to hear back from woody on a color scheme (fde/black distressed) for the vudoo. And then maybe a blue/black distressed for a 6.5????
Was looking at folders but I dunno if the hassle is worth it.
Yeah, I've seen the photos of @littlepod's rig and it looks great. I'm too cheap & practical to customize an already-expensive item to that extent, but his is a great example of what customization can do. If I'm looking for gear that is sold by a variety of vendors - magazines or rails for example - MDT is my preferred source because they not only sell good stuff but stand solidly behind it after the sale. But the MPA chassis is excellent and works best, for me, for my Vudoo.

Wrt folders: I ran a Tikka T3X TAC A1 for a year and a half when I started down the precision rifle rabbit hole. It has a folding stock... which came in handy only when I cleaned the thing, because folding made it easy to get the adjustable comb out of the way for bolt removal. In terms of toting the rifle around, I found the folder useless because the folded buttstock made the whole thing too thick to fit in any of my cases. Fwiw.

I’m looking at folder solely for the transportation aspect l. I travel for work some and shoot my “local” match 4hours/a state away. Some of the hotels work put me up in have signs on the glass “no guns” So looking at the hard sided guitar case turned drag bag.

mind you, I don’t give 2 poos what they think of the 2A I have my EDC they don’t see, it’s more of picking my battles

If I had to do it all over again, this is after running with 3 different Vudoo's, I would get a 20" MTU Vudoo. I would get an ACC, and not worry about cutting it down since the 20" MTU extends pass the barrel. I would ask MDT to send me the aluminum buttpiece instead of the steel one to reduce the rear by .5 lbs. I would run 5 internal weights. This leaves a really well balanced Vudoo in an ACC.

Cutting down the ACC is fun and compact to run a 16.5-18" barrel, but for NRL22/22X/PRS, the best thing you can do is get a balanced rifle and these chassis are made for centerfire rifles and to balance about 3-4" from the mag well. My ACC balances really well with my centerfire rifle running a 7lb Proof Comp Contour barrel, and I don't have to run any weights.

MPA vs MDT, just preference. MDT's longer fore-end allows more weights to be added up front to get balance w/o super heavy weight. But you can slap on all the weights on an MPA to get balance too, it'd just be heavier overall.

Is any of this required? No... but this is talking about stretching the limits and reducing the wobble as much as you can. This is not about lying down in prone and shooting the 1/4" KYL, this is about shooting the 1/4" KYL off a sawhorse / ladder.

Please don’t propagate false information. My proof barreled vudoo shoots 110% just as good as the ace barreled ones.

The only reason to not get one is if you don’t need the ever so slight weigh savings or if you don’t want to spend the extra money. My setup weighs 15lbs with no added weights, tho is a little butt heavy with the AX chassis but it’s not unmanageable either on barricades.

This was from talking with Vudoo. There's a reason why their ACE barrels hold the ELR records and not running Proof. I'm not saying Proof is bad by any means, saying something is 'better' could be 1% better, could be .5% better. I wouldn't go and order a Proof steel barrel for my Vudoo when their in house ACE or Bartlein barrel is provened out and slugged / timed correctly for rimfire.

If you're shooting NRL22/NRL22X/PRS, there is absolutely no reason to get a Proof CF Barrel for your rig. I mean if it was free and the same price, then maybe, like then I could multi-purpose my Vudoo rig as a squirrel hunter in a super lite CF stock. But generally my rigs are purposely built to run in PRS-like competitions. They are well balanced 3" in front of the mag well, and they weigh about 16-18lbs.

Why pay $350-400 more for a CF Proof Barrel so that you can spend another $250 on weights to get a good balance?

Unmanageable versus fully balanced are two different things. Again, why pay more, and then pay more for weights, and still be balance disadvantage? Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: BigHat
If I had to do it all over again, this is after running with 3 different Vudoo's, I would get a 20" MTU Vudoo. I would get an ACC, and not worry about cutting it down since the 20" MTU extends pass the barrel. I would ask MDT to send me the aluminum buttpiece instead of the steel one to reduce the rear by .5 lbs. I would run 5 internal weights. This leaves a really well balanced Vudoo in an ACC.

Cutting down the ACC is fun and compact to run a 16.5-18" barrel, but for NRL22/22X/PRS, the best thing you can do is get a balanced rifle and these chassis are made for centerfire rifles and to balance about 3-4" from the mag well. My ACC balances really well with my centerfire rifle running a 7lb Proof Comp Contour barrel, and I don't have to run any weights.

MPA vs MDT, just preference. MDT's longer fore-end allows more weights to be added up front to get balance w/o super heavy weight. But you can slap on all the weights on an MPA to get balance too, it'd just be heavier overall.

Is any of this required? No... but this is talking about stretching the limits and reducing the wobble as much as you can. This is not about lying down in prone and shooting the 1/4" KYL, this is about shooting the 1/4" KYL off a sawhorse / ladder.
Thanks for the detailed info. I ended up going with the MPA and 20" Kukri barrel. I will add the weights up front as needed. Can't wait to get it!!!

Are the records held by the Ace barreled ones because there’s so many more of them out there? As it stands it seems there are very few proof carbon barreled vudoos out and about and probably even less used in a competitive setting. Generally curious if someone with the same skill and lot tested ammo for each rifle has actually done a proof vs Ace test.

My severely unbalanced rifle is still built for matches. I personally have not found myself at any sort of disadvantage with a unbalanced rifle in the positional and tripod shooting I’ve done in matches. But maybe I need to shoot some legit NRL 22 and more positional matches to really test it out and see if it’s disadvantageous.

As for why I went proof over Ace or bartlein, the literal only reason is because I like the way the proof barrels look as there wouldn’t be any difference in accuracy for the shooting I do (210 yards and in so far with a little 400yd shooting for fun). Maybe if they release a 60 degree repeater I’ll get one with a 20” MTU Ace barrel and throw that proof barreled one in a manners carbon stock?

Reactions: littlepod
Are the records held by the Ace barreled ones because there’s so many more of them out there? As it stands it seems there are very few proof carbon barreled vudoos out and about and probably even less used in a competitive setting. Generally curious if someone with the same skill and lot tested ammo for each rifle has actually done a proof vs Ace test.

My severely unbalanced rifle is still built for matches. I personally have not found myself at any sort of disadvantage with a unbalanced rifle in the positional and tripod shooting I’ve done in matches. But maybe I need to shoot some legit NRL 22 and more positional matches to really test it out and see if it’s disadvantageous.

As for why I went proof over Ace or bartlein, the literal only reason is because I like the way the proof barrels look as there wouldn’t be any difference in accuracy for the shooting I do (210 yards and in so far with a little 400yd shooting for fun). Maybe if they release a 60 degree repeater I’ll get one with a 20” MTU Ace barrel and throw that proof barreled one in a manners carbon stock?

That's what my plan is.. I'm going to get a 20-22" MTU for my next rig with the 60 degree repeater, and throw this one, even though it's an 18" Kukri, throw it in a Manners or Bravo for a fun lighter weight gun.

Actually I purchased a Deuce on their BF sale for $1280 BA and asked them to put in a 22" MTU.

Reactions: Krob95
That's what my plan is.. I'm going to get a 20-22" MTU for my next rig with the 60 degree repeater, and throw this one, even though it's an 18" Kukri, throw it in a Manners or Bravo for a fun lighter weight gun.

Actually I purchased a Deuce on their BF sale for $1280 BA and asked them to put in a 22" MTU.
hopefully there will be some sort of announcement for the 60 degree repeater soon! I need another rifle 😂

What length and contour is your barrel? Was planning on a 20'' MTU in AX chassis but not sure how it will balance.

What length and contour is your barrel? Was planning on a 20'' MTU in AX chassis but not sure how it will balance.
Definitely go 20” MTU man. I’m running a 18” proof carbon fiber kukri barrel in mine with a 13” forend. Looks awesome. Just rear heavy, even with the ZCO on it.
A419A6C4-75C1-459F-9201-C45677F1B4E1.jpeg

... I would get a 20" MTU Vudoo. I would get an ACC, and not worry about cutting it down since the 20" MTU extends pass the barrel.
Be aware that ordering a 20" barrel may not actually get you a 20" finished barrel. Take a look at mine - I ordered 20" and yes, it extends past the ACC fore end - barely. But the actual measured length is 18.75 inches. Here is Jill's reply when I asked her about it (italics mine):
"One of the reasons the V-22 is so accurate is some of the attention to detail we put into creating the barrel. Our lengths are "published lengths"... with our main goal being to make sure the tight portion of the barrel occurs right at the muzzle. This happened to occur very close to 19” on your barrel blank. "
She offered to replace my barrel with one that was actually 20" or closer to it - nope, no need; I was just curious and my question was answered within minutes of my email.

Be aware that ordering a 20" barrel may not actually get you a 20" finished barrel. Take a look at mine - I ordered 20" and yes, it extends past the ACC fore end - barely. But the actual measured length is 18.75 inches. Here is Jill's reply when I asked her about it (italics mine):
"One of the reasons the V-22 is so accurate is some of the attention to detail we put into creating the barrel. Our lengths are "published lengths"... with our main goal being to make sure the tight portion of the barrel occurs right at the muzzle. This happened to occur very close to 19” on your barrel blank. "
She offered to replace my barrel with one that was actually 20" or closer to it - nope, no need; I was just curious and my question was answered within minutes of my email.
MB mentions "slugging" barrels occasionally, that process will place the muzzle/crown exactly where it needs to be according to barrel ID. Sometimes that spot may not be exactly at the length dimension that you hoped it would be.

I’m looking at folder solely for the transportation aspect l. I travel for work some and shoot my “local” match 4hours/a state away. Some of the hotels work put me up in have signs on the glass “no guns” So looking at the hard sided guitar case turned drag bag.

mind you, I don’t give 2 poos what they think of the 2A I have my EDC they don’t see, it’s more of picking my battles

Here is my 20" MTU V22 in Cadex Defence Lite Competition Chassis inside a LBX Rifle Bag. https://lbxtactical.com/products/4k3a

It fits the rifle very well, has plenty of storage places and it's comfortable to carry.

Attachments

• 20201114_213504.jpg
    20201114_213504.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: STex
Really enjoyed the video Mike.I also have a ZC scope on my Vudoo and it has spoiled the shit out of me.Mike I was wondering if you have ever giving any though to building a ultra lite Vudoo 22lr for hunting.

Really enjoyed the video Mike.I also have a ZC scope on my Vudoo and it has spoiled the shit out of me.Mike I was wondering if you have ever giving any though to building a ultra lite Vudoo 22lr for hunting.

Awesome, thanks Dude. Lovin' the ZCO and will gradually acquire a few more. We've done a few lighter builds using the V-22 action, but we don't get many requests to build more. I'm thinking about what could be a new project for 2021....

MB

I always wanted to see pics of "Black Magic", the V22 in the LRI Carbon Chassis stock :cool:

@RAVAGE88

Thanks for the great videos, nice to hear a shout out to @jbell

From your rifle build--that little doohickey/chingadera on the stock forend is Manners' "Sykes Clutch", a positional support aid, neat little tool.

So much joy watching Vudoo grow and evolve.

Reactions: STex and RAVAGE88
Reactions: RAVAGE88 and J-Ham
@RAVAGE88

Thanks for the great videos, nice to hear a shout out to @jbell

From your rifle build--that little doohickey/chingadera on the stock forend is Manners' "Sykes Clutch", a positional support aid, neat little tool.

So much joy watching Vudoo grow and evolve.

Thanks Dude, really appreciate it. 👊

Not sure I'll use the dongus, will give it a try....appreciate the info, some of the feedback I've received is hilarious :ROFLMAO:.

MB

• Haha
Reactions: StrayDog
I watched the video and enjoyed it very much .
Its refreshing to here what you did on the build and why you did it for you that way. Not like " my way or the highway ".
I lol every time he refers to non suppressed as uncivilized. My vudoo has never take an uncivilized shot since i bought it. ( in around 18k rounds)

I was waiting for Mike to refer to his AI as his trainer for the vudoo though.

• Haha
I watched the video and enjoyed it very much .
Its refreshing to here what you did on the build and why you did it for you that way. Not like " my way or the highway ".
I lol every time he refers to non suppressed as uncivilized. My vudoo has never take an uncivilized shot since i bought it. ( in around 18k rounds)

I was waiting for Mike to refer to his AI as his trainer for the vudoo though.

Squish, I actually prefer uncivilized on a rimfire :ROFLMAO:.

Thanks Dude and reach out anytime should you need anything....👊 .

MB

Reactions: squishee
Jumped in and grabbed a barreled action from MileHigh, going to drop it into an existing MPA Comp chassis, with a Bix'nAndy tac sport pro

@RAVAGE88

Really like your videos 😃👍🏻
Great way to get a good look at your builds while V22's aren't available or in stock in my country at gunshops. The chance I'll ever see/feel one in person is zero over here 😅
Would love to see more details from that build you recently had for sale at inventory.
The Ravage V22 with 20″ Proof Research barrel in the Manners CS2 stock.

Thinking about a similar build.
Any chance you have some detailed photos or video from that build?

@RAVAGE88

Really like your videos 😃👍🏻
Great way to get a good look at your builds while V22's aren't available or in stock in my country at gunshops. The chance I'll ever see/feel one in person is zero over here 😅
Would love to see more details from that build you recently had for sale at inventory.
The Ravage V22 with 20″ Proof Research barrel in the Manners CS2 stock.

Thinking about a similar build.
Any chance you have some detailed photos or video from that build?

Thanks Dude, very much appreciated. I'll do my best to keep the videos coming.

I don't additional details on that one, but shoot Greg an email, he might be able to help you out with more details, etc. You can catch him at [email protected].

MB

Reactions: marctolate