• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Aaaaaannddd....another one.

7-F74-F94-D-F863-4-CA4-8-AFA-75-E033-C59-D48.jpg

MB

Another style bolt release? The two parts are obviously different, trying to visualize their application in my head...

Last edited:
Mike,
Everyone loves disruptive technology.....you went after an existing, rapidly expanding market, so you already had a pre-existing market waiting (even though they didn't know it) for a "Tailor made" rimfire....VIOLA!! the V22!! And, better yet, you did it 100% right...Perfect product AND Customer Service.

Now there are multitudes of CZ's and other .22's (& pistols, AR's, plasma, kidneys, etc....LOL) on the market being sold so people can fund a V22!

I can think of a couple of other .22RF sports that need some modern firearms improvement, but, the V22 action is not really the perceived "perfect tool" for the job. AND, the existing people already enjoying (and cussing) these sports will gladly sell both testicles (or ovaries) AND a kidney, to gain ANY advantage....real or imagined.....

Reactions: Cuzz
No plans for a 17WSM.

MB
Thanks. I think the lack of quality bolt actions for 17 WSM is really holding that rimfire cartridge’s popularity back. Its the same price per round as 17 hmr yet does everything the 17 hmr does about 50% better. If you decide to go 17 hmr might as well beef the action up a little more and go 17 WSM too.

Thanks. I think the lack of quality bolt actions for 17 WSM is really holding that rimfire cartridge’s popularity back. Its the same price per round as 17 hmr yet does everything the 17 hmr does about 50% better. If you decide to go 17 hmr might as well beef the action up a little more and go 17 WSM too.

Actually, the origins of the ammo is stifling my interests in 17WSM. The parent case came from a nail gun cartridge, which means the material properties of the brass is quite different. Due to the properties, the case rim has to be smacked much harder than any other rimfire cartridge which increases spring rate significantly and forces design into areas I'm not in favor of.

I'll keep teasing you guys for the rest of the month :cool: , but there's some pretty cool things happening right now....

Thanks Shaun,

MB

Reactions: JohnJohn
That right there is about the only good reason I could come up with for going to SHOT. Oh, there are plenty of other 'new' things that various manufacturers are going to announce at SHOT, but I'm not talking about seeing the newest, latest-greatest stuff - I'm talking about getting to meet Mike, Paul, Jill, & anyone else who's a part of VGW & can make it to the show. But as much as I'd enjoy that, it's not going to happen. As I get older, I find myself doing my best to avoid crowds....and not attending SHOT is an excellent opportunity to do just that.

Reactions: dwt
Got the Cerakote knocked out yesterday, top left to right; Crushed Silver, MicroSlick, bottom left to right; Graphite Black, FDE. The first 100, five round mags will be finished by early next week, then running first 100, 10 round, followed by 12 and 15 round mags. Then, some other new mags....

A9-D19-E66-5-DEE-4-D6-D-8-E2-B-FAD522-DACCEA.jpg

MB

Got the Cerakote knocked out yesterday, top left to right; Crushed Silver, MicroSlick, bottom left to right; Graphite Black, FDE. The first 100, five round mags will be finished by early next week, then running first 100, 10 round, followed by 12 and 15 round mags. Then, some other new mags....

A9-D19-E66-5-DEE-4-D6-D-8-E2-B-FAD522-DACCEA.jpg

MB
How long before I can order??? ☠️

As much as I'd like to have several aluminum mags in FDE, I really like how smooth/slick the black microslick mag looks in your photo Mike. I've got a good number of original 10rd plastic mags in excellent condition; will probably wait until the 12 or 15rd mags are available, and buy a couple of them - doggone match directors are always trying to come up with new ways to trip-up an old fumble-finger guy like me with extended strings requiring a reload or two...

As much as I'd like to have several aluminum mags in FDE, I really like how smooth/slick the black microslick mag looks in your photo Mike. I've got a good number of original 10rd plastic mags in excellent condition; will probably wait until the 12 or 15rd mags are available, and buy a couple of them - doggone match directors are always trying to come up with new ways to trip-up an old fumble-finger guy like me with extended strings requiring a reload or two...

And we've been watching what those slippery MDs have been doing and responded with higher cap mags. The magazine extensions for the injection molded mags were a short term solution, but I don't recommend removing the thumb button, so, new mags to the masses.

MB

And we've been watching what those slippery MDs have been doing and responded with higher cap mags. The magazine extensions for the injection molded mags were a short term solution, but I don't recommend removing the thumb button, so, new mags to the masses.

MB
Heh. At a match yesterday, Mike, I watched our mutual friend run a stage where he had to rest his super-duper-10/22 ('cuz his Vudoo is away getting its "physical") on a vehicle window sill and shoot through the opposite window. He discovered how a ram's-horn-curved 25-round extended mag can kinda get in the way... :)

Reactions: zenbike
Heh. At a match yesterday, Mike, I watched our mutual friend run a stage where he had to rest his super-duper-10/22 ('cuz his Vudoo is away getting its "physical") on a vehicle window sill and shoot through the opposite window. He discovered how a ram's-horn-curved 25-round extended mag can kinda get in the way... :)

Maybe there are those times that we at Vudoo like to keep our sponsored shooters humble :LOL:. However, his rifle was turned around quickly and he's likely close to being up and running again....

MB

Speaking of Vudoo sponsored shooters, now is a good time to mention that we've been quite busy in various areas, one of which is the expanding of Team Vudoo. I finished writing the content for our web page today outlining Team Vudoo and will paste it here first; the page will publish on our site within the next week or so. Vudoo has a really big 2020 planned and we certainly won't be standing still beyond that....

Our shooting team is an incredible example of what it means to be hand-picked; not just for what it takes to win behind a rifle, but because each individual on Team Vudoo has shown an ability to skillfully represent the very core of the Vudoo Culture. As we assembled this team, the requirements were wrapped around the desire to extend our World Class Customer Service beyond the limits of the telephone, email, internet forums, etc. So, how do we do this? How do we continue to wrap our arms around a shooting community we hold so dear? We arm our hand-picked team with everything they need and send them out to events and matches to support the shooting community. If you see a Team Vudoo jersey at a match or event, please feel free to connect with them. It doesn’t matter whose rifle you’re using, what matters is you’re there and you’re involved in what we’re incredibly passionate about. Like all of us have done at one time or another, maybe you forgot something or experiencing gear failure. Maybe you don’t have a specific piece of gear, like a tripod, that would make you more successful on that stage or maybe you’re just starting out and have questions about stage strategy or how to dope a particular target. Whatever the case, Team Vudoo will lend a hand to further your experience. This is who we are….

Chris Simmons

Born and raised in Western North Carolina, Chris began shooting competitively in 2004 with his High School JROTC Air Rifle Team, bringing home three National Championships. Since then, Chris has fine-tuned his craft, achieving Distinguished Expert in Air Rifle, Smallbore and High-Power disciplines. Fifteen years later, he’s won over 200 matches in Smallbore Silhouette with 29 State Championships under his belt. With the growing popularity of competitive Rimfire, it was no surprise in 2017 that Chris would get involved in the PRS and NRL style Long Range matches and certainly no surprise he’d be bringing home the win at the 2019 Lapua Practical Rimfire Challenge.

Tony Gimmellie

Tony is our class clown and one of two OG Team Vudoo Shooters, joining us in 2017. Ten years in the U.S. Marine Corps prepared Tony for Team Vudoo; seven years as a Scout Sniper, a member of the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team (FAST) and a Close Quarters Battle (CQB) Instructor. Upon leaving the Marine Corps, Tony joined the U.S. Secret Service, where’s he’s spent the last 18 years, serving now as a Firearms Instructor. But all this wasn’t enough, so he started shooting competitively in 1995, reaching the classification of Grand Master in USPSA and becoming a top-level competitor in other disciplines such as Precision Rifle Series, Precision Long Range Rimfire, 3Gun and various single gun matches with pistol and PCC. Since 2017, it hasn’t been unusual to see Tony’s name at the top of the match results in Precision Long Range Rimfire and NRL22 matches.

Mike Suttle

Mike hails from Lewisburg, WV where he spends his time as a Police Dog Trainer but is also incredibly well known as one of the most consistent shooting competitors on the circuit. Mike spent seven years in the U.S. Marine Corps, entering at the young age of 18 in 1992. After receiving an invitation to shoot for the All Guard Service Pistol Team, Mike entered the National Guard in 1999, holding the high shooter position for several years until leaving military service in 2008. Over the course of his distinguished time as a competitor, Mike earned the NRA High Master classification, won three National Pistol Shooting Championships, earned the coveted Distinguished Shooters Medal, represented the United States in the 2003 Mayleigh Cup and made the Presidents 100….NINE TIMES! Mike needed a bit of a breather after all that, so he took a break, but returned to the competitive scene in September 2018, his interest being piqued by the popularity of NRL22 format matches. To date, Mike has competed in 13 States, earning more than 25 first place finishes, one second and one third place finish; having achieved high score Nationally four times in 10 months. Impressive shooting….

Megan Pakradooni

Megan is a bit of a natural, beginning her foray into competitive shooting in the Fall of 2018, but she has a secret weapon….Mike Suttle, her boyfriend and Vudoo Teammate. Under Mike’s guidance, Megan has quickly risen to the top with 25 first place finishes in the Women’s Division and multiple top three finishes overall. Megan is raising the bar in Precision Rimfire competitions, finishing third in the Ladies Class at the 2019 NRL22 National Championships in Las Vegas where she was also awarded the Sportsmanship Trophy….a real honor. What’s so cool to watch about how Megan competes is a quiet professionalism that makes her a perfect fit for Team Vudoo, and we couldn’t be more honored to have her as part of the family.

Michael Chang

Michael lives in Las Vegas and works in the custom promotional business. While not working, Michael spends a lot of time competing in Rimfire and Centerfire precision rifle competitions, which is how he happened to appear on the Vudoo radar. Michael’s love of competition has him making his way through the circuit on the West Coast and venturing regularly to the Mid-West to apply his shooting skill; especially at the National level. Of the three Vudoo V-22’s he uses, his go-to match rifle wears an 18” barrel in a Manners T5, the very rifle he used to set the current ELR World Record at 440 yards.

Bob Mead

Bob is a commercial photographer who owns Studio M Two Creative in Massachusetts, working closely with clients of all kinds to create the best possible images of their products. While not shooting things with his camera, Bob has spent a lot of time shooting in competitive events within various disciplines; having competed his way to Master class in USPSA, spent time in the IDPA, 3Gun and Silhouette circuits, participated in the Chevy Team Challenge and fought his way to Massachusetts State Champion in Sporting Clays. Bob also contributes as a Match Director but not surprising that he’d remain focused on his love of the Rimfire Shooting Sports. Bob’s acute attention to detail also made him the perfect fit on Vudoo’s small and effective R&D team where he makes valuable contributions by way of testing prototypes and providing protocol-based-feedback that’s been invaluable to what Vudoo does best; create and envision the exceptional. And, on top of all that, he shoots pretty well too, making common appearances at the top of the leaderboards.

Johnathon Solinsky

Johnathon first started his professional shooting career when he joined the U.S. Marine Corps Infantry in Oct 2011, graduating from Scout Sniper School in August 2014. His introduction to competitive shooting was in the 2016 Marine Corps Division Combat matches, where he was selected as a permanent member of the Marine Corps Shooting Team, being assigned to the Marine Corps Rifle Team in August 2016. Since then, it’s been a whirlwind of competitions in multiple shooting disciplines. Johnathon earned his Marine Corps Distinguished Shield in March 2019 after winning medals at five High Power and Marine Corps competitions. He’s been selected to represent the Marine Corps at the Australian Skills at Arms Meet on two separate occasions, placing third in the 2018 Sniper Competition in the International Category. Between USPSA, M1 Garand, NRA Worlds, M1 Carbine, 1903 Springfield, Long Range, Precision Rifle Series and the Marine Corps Matches, Johnathon has over 80 matches to his credit and became the Head Coach for the Rifle Team in January 2018, serving in this position until end of service in September 2019. Like all our team members, Johnathon developed a particular interest in Rimfire matches having competed in more than a dozen matches over the last two years with several wins and top five finishes.

Allison Zane

Allison is a 14-year-old Honor Student from Pittsburgh and she’s been setting the competitive circuit on fire since 2018. Shooting since the the age of eight under the close supervision of her Dad, Frank Zane, a Police Officer and Firearms Instructor, Allison has been a real force in the PRS and NRL22 matches across numerous States. This all started with her natural ability as a Long Range Prone shooter and she’s worked hard to hone her skills through two seasons finishing as High Lady and High Junior. We’re honored to have Allison on Team Vudoo and excited to watch her in the coming seasons.

Rob Ormond

Rob is a retired career fire fighter who spent a stint in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1986 to 1990. After his time as a Marine, he attended the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) where he was awarded the high shooter in his class. This helped fuel an interest in shooting that he knew he originally developed as a child and time in the Marine Corps but needed an outlet to get it going. Rob tried his hand at a bit of everything, like Bowling Pin Shoots and IDPA, but all that changed after attending his first centerfire rifle match in 2003 and he’s been hard at it ever since. He also competes in other disciplines like USPSA, 3Gun and Steel Challenge, but then he became one of our two OG Team Vudoo Shooters in 2017. Rob is that steady force, the quiet professional, but I think that’s part of his mental programming because he certainly has been killing it for Team Vudoo.

Stephen Ferguson

Stephen is a fellow Southern Gentleman from Houston. He joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 2000 serving on the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team for two years, then on to infantry until 2009. After being introduced to High Power Rifle and National Match Pistol in 2006, he was able to get a few matches under his belt before duty called, being deployed three times to Iraq and Afghanistan, returning to competitive shooting in 2014. Stephen achieved the Marine Corps Distinguished Rifle Marksman and Distinguished Pistol badges in 2015, CMP .22 Pistol Distinguished and NRA Defensive Pistol Badges and the recipient of the Carlos Hathcock Award, all in 2019. The Carlos Hathcock Award is handed to the Marine most willing to teach Marines, Civilian and Junior competitors in various shooting disciplines. Stephen was the CMP National Roosevelt Match Champion in 2017, the National Champion in the Springfield M1A Match in 2019 and was selected for the Presidents 100, five times. One of the notable recollections I have was the part Stephen played, completely unplanned, in Vudoo’s launch to market at the 2017 NRA World Championships where he cleaned six plates at varying distances in eight seconds, off hand with one of the first nine V-22’s built. Pretty amazing how things work out….

MB

Last edited:
Awesomely put, I wish the vudoo team the very best and hope they dominate all competitions they enter in!

it’s rare to find a company that does what vudoo does!

I’m proud to own one, and will do everything I can to promote this outstanding product, and rifle!

Thank you TA6, very much appreciated.

MB

Saw a brand new V22 this weekend (well, less than a month old) - was there a change to the striker/firing pin? Just curious, more than anything else. His looked completely different from the rest of ours!

Also... looking forward to the 15 rounders ??

Reactions: Darqusoull13
Saw a brand new V22 this weekend (well, less than a month old) - was there a change to the striker/firing pin? Just curious, more than anything else. His looked completely different from the rest of ours!

Also... looking forward to the 15 rounders ??

Yessir, rifles are shipping with the Gen 2 Fire Control System. Got rid of the Remington style cocking piece and updated the firing pin. There's now a cocking indicator that protrudes through a closed shroud.

MB

Yessir, rifles are shipping with the Gen 2 Fire Control System. Got rid of the Remington style cocking piece and updated the firing pin. There's now a cocking indicator that protrudes through a closed shroud.

MB
Can you post pictures of the two types please?
Is this something that can be upgraded from the earlier generation?
what is the advantage of the upgraded system?

Thanks

Can you post pictures of the two types please?
Is this something that can be upgraded from the earlier generation?
what is the advantage of the upgraded system?

Thanks

Gen 1 Fire Control:
LP5.jpg

Gen 2 Fire Control:
LP3.jpg

It is something that can be updated, but not sure yet how long we'll offer the update, still need to work out those details. It'll also involve sending in your bolt assembly, but we won't be ready to take them in until probably February....we'll let everyone know.

The advantages of Gen 2 over Gen 1 is less drag and more highly consistent ignition.

MB

Man those look good! Everything Vudoo I have touched does nothing but impress me (including the customer service). Got the chance to stretch it out some this weekend. 300 and 400 yards. Do the math of how high the bullet is coming in from and it’s crazy to even think one could expect to make hits at that distance with a 40 grain bullet that has an almost nonexistent BC. Shot a few 5 round groups that were 1 moa at 300. Before I knew what a Vudoo was, if you told me a 22 would shoot a 3” group at 300, I would have probably laughed and walked away. Mike and the rest of the staff in Utah, please keep innovating, you have definitely raised the bar that all others are chasing.

Man those look good! Everything Vudoo I have touched does nothing but impress me (including the customer service). Got the chance to stretch it out some this weekend. 300 and 400 yards. Do the math of how high the bullet is coming in from and it’s crazy to even think one could expect to make hits at that distance with a 40 grain bullet that has an almost nonexistent BC. Shot a few 5 round groups that were 1 moa at 300. Before I knew what a Vudoo was, if you told me a 22 would shoot a 3” group at 300, I would have probably laughed and walked away. Mike and the rest of the staff in Utah, please keep innovating, you have definitely raised the bar that all others are chasing.

Thank you Sir, very much appreciated.

MB

I'm a gotta have some 15 rounders!!!! :love:
BTW, my second Vudoo was ordered in mid September and delivered in early October. Is that in the range for the Gen 2 Fire Control?

Yessir, your second one will have the Gen 2 fire control.

Thanks Dude and reach out anytime.

MB

Yessir, your second one will have the Gen 2 fire control.

Thanks Dude and reach out anytime.

MB
I looked at mine. Not sure what I was supposed to see but they look the same on my older one and the newest one.
It looks like the firing pin is smaller diameter out the back of the shroud on the G2 fire control. Correct?

so u put together a group of the top shooters to go compete against ur customers? I have never quite figured this angle out as a business owner myself

so u put together a group of the top shooters to go compete against ur customers? I have never quite figured this angle out as a business owner myself

Top shooters, with top guns, win competitions, advertises how great the product is and how well it does in any situation. People see it and people want to buy it.

How all sponsorships generally work?

These are also great people willing to help and teach. Which is important to many. They would considered Ambassadors of the sport not sponsored shooters.

Reactions: zenbike
I agree with Tree, I’ve personally shot with Alison Zane and her father.
About a year and a half ago I was able to out shoot them.
With that said, they did their part and trained, practiced and made them selves better to where they are today.
Both of them are great people and are willing to help anyone !!