• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Just FYI,

Talked to the crew at Vudoo

Barreled action with ranch contour #4lb 6 oz.

Looking to build the 4h light rifle, Barreled action with ranch contour 16.5", Boyds AT1 stock, Timney Calvin Elite, need to find a set of sights......small bore sights that I do not know crap about! I would just scope it, but I would have to find scope and rings under a pound.

Did you just get this combo? How long was your wait?

I placed the order on June 29 and got it last Friday, so 10 weeks. In fairness though, I started with a barreled action that turned into a complete build. I also made several changes such as going with a TT Diamond, adding cerakote, adding extra mags, adding bore guide, adding a Spuhr, adding a case and adding Roll Tide...

If anybody is looking Manners has their new compact stock for a voodoo on the online store...
I have my TT set at 5oz. I shot 3 position for years so its what Im used to. I did have to ftf using ELEY Edge. Seemed like good hits too. What a bitch to get them out. Live rounds wont extract .

Not being able to extract a live rd is around 6-10 rounds of a full mag of SK standard and Match.

A curious thought... Magpul has now just shipped out their Pro 700 chassis, which looks quite nice BTW. Would the V-22 just drop in and cycle on the Magpul Pro 700? Or will it run into problems like the XLR Envy that was recently abandoned from the Vudoo setup?

I don't think anyone would have had a chance to experiment on the Vudoo-Magpul setup yet, since the Magpul chassis is only out for a few weeks.

Currently ordered on a V-22, but considering the (lack of) efficiency of the Customs here in Australia, by the time my local dealer get the barreled action shipment, it's probably going to be after the new year... Oh the wait is killing...

anyone run one of these in a MDT LSS-XL gen2 stock and how did the mags work in it? Looking to go light and match it with a spectre or ranch profile.

anyone run one of these in a MDT LSS-XL gen2 stock and how did the mags work in it? Looking to go light and match it with a spectre or ranch profile.
Not a lss-xl but close, I had my vudoo in a lss chassis for a little bit. it functioned fine but ended up pulling it out and putting it in a traditional stock. Its lighter than the lss with the skeleton carbine stock and I can shoot it weak/support side a lot more comfortably

I have a little over 3500 rounds through mine. The mags feed flawlessly but 2 of the 4 do not drop free. There is a slight drag installing and removing them, but a light touch from my middle finger while holding the mag release with my index finger will knock them free.

Kyle said my other Vudoo is ready to ship.. Check out the sized ejection port;). https://taylorprecisioneng.com

View attachment 6926000
Update;
Specter,( 1:205 breech, .675 muzzle 18") barreled action 8.3 pounds as shown. Feels good, is good!
Few more not so professional pics,
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG

"I'd like to get another one with the lighter profile and barrel and wood stock like this for hunting..."
DW

That was my intention when I ordered both Rifles.

Kyle showed me the BUNCH of M40 stocks he has on hand ( in various stages of completion ) when I pick up my Rifle.
Vudoo and Taylor Precision are a perfect match. Both Outstanding products and people!

Reactions: Nittynate
I was just told by a friend that his Kestrel has a new bullet profile using Lapua Center X and Midas. It references using a Vudoo 16" barreled action for the DOPE. I'll need to fire up my Kestrel later to check it out.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I was just told by a friend that his Kestrel has a new bullet profile using Lapua Center X and Midas. It references using a Vudoo 16" barreled action for the DOPE. I'll need to fire up my Kestrel later to check it out.

Yessir, it’s true. Applied Ballistics used the Doppler and a Vudoo to create two drag models, I believe G1 and G2, but I’ll have to go validate that as I read it really early today before my first cup o’coffee.

MB

Reactions: Travis T
Yessir, it’s true. Applied Ballistics used the Doppler and a Vudoo to create two drag models, I believe G1 and G2, but I’ll have to go validate that as I read it really early today before my first cup o’coffee.

MB

I downloaded the new profiles. I used the custom curve data. This could be real nice to get more accurate DOPE for stretching out this caliber in the future. I really like using my Kestrel for centerfire and find the DOPE very accurate once dialed in correctly.

Kyle showed me the BUNCH of M40 stocks he has on hand ( in various stages of completion ) when I pick up my Rifle.
Vudoo and Taylor Precision are a perfect match. Both Outstanding products and people!
Duc is this the terrain in wood or a separate stock directly from Taylor ?

The one I bought was probably one of them

I find it interesting that in just over 1 year since its introduction the Vudoo is now the standard for ultimate accuracy in the 22lr world, or at least the non-franklinrifle world. Everywhere I go either in person or online when there is a discussion of building or buying a highly accurate rifle that discussion always uses the Vudoo as the standard of accuracy and consistency.

I understand this fully after spending 18 months trying to achieve just that. Accuracy is something that can be achieved in many ways with the top rifles out there but I found consistency to be a fickle standard to achieve. I personally just got tired of the process of build, tweak, and rebuild. Then test and retest multiple types of ammo. Then after all of that it seemed like every time I went to the range it was a constant process of re-zeroing the scope. Just being done with that whole mess is such a pleasure. Being able to just load and shoot and enjoying the experience of consistent results is well worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
I totally agree quickdraw!

I had taken my Vudoo with me to my farm yesterday. My plan had been to spend some time shooting at 300 plus, but mainly to get some trigger time. I had taken along a can of SK Magazine, you know, the bulk SK Standard... The weather was supposed be windy with a chance of rain, so I thought it made sense to use this ammo instead of slinging Center-X.

I showed a friend my Vudoo yesterday after he asked what all of the hype was about. He lives near my farm and is a very good rimfire benchrest shooter. He sat down at his bench and proceeded to fire a couple of magazines at an ARA 50 yard target. He shot a couple of groups and then shot 10 rounds for score on the target. All 10 were in the 10 ring with 3 X's. I realize there are lots of other rifles that will do that, but the Vudoo's shoot so smooth...

Last edited:
Exercised the Vudoo in the local benchrest guys match this morning, These are 100 yds shooting CCI SV, .75" X-ring.
I blew the wind reads a few times. :cautious:

i-4MXjrrf-L.jpg

What's amazing is how fast all the doubters and nea-sayers disappeared from the forums. There were guys all too boastful how their Annie or highly customized CZ would outshoot this new Vudoo. I remember reading the trash talk how all the early buyers would regret it as the rifles were surely going to fail and anyone crazy enough to sink that kind of money into a rifle was a fool and soon to be parted with his or her $$$. Yet here we are today, Vudoo's perform flawlessly, their accuracy is beyond what anyone expected and their performance record in matches speaks volumes. They win over and over and over!!! The guys at Vudoo Gun Works created a truly amazing product and by all measures their rifles are the new standard of measurement. It is not often we see this kind of shake up in the industry. Since getting mine it's opened a whole new world of what is possible with rimfire. Kudos to the people at Vudoo Gun Works!!!

What's amazing is how fast all the doubters and nea-sayers disappeared from the forums. There were guys all too boastful how their Annie or highly customized CZ would outshoot this new Vudoo. I remember reading the trash talk how all the early buyers would regret it as the rifles were surely going to fail and anyone crazy enough to sink that kind of money into a rifle was a fool and soon to be parted with his or her $$$. Yet here we are today, Vudoo's perform flawlessly, their accuracy is beyond what anyone expected and their performance record in matches speaks volumes. They win over and over and over!!! The guys at Vudoo Gun Works created a truly amazing product and by all measures their rifles are the new standard of measurement. It is not often we see this kind of shake up in the industry. Since getting mine it's opened a whole new world of what is possible with rimfire. Kudos to the people at Vudoo Gun Works!!!

Agree with all said above except for performing flawlessly, There have been plenty of issues, it is the way that Paul and crew have handled those issues that sets them apart. I know my rifle went back twice, and now is awesome. Also have a friend I shoot with locally and his is in for known issues as well and I am sure when he gets it back it will be worth it.

While I will eventually get a Vudoo rifle I would never give up my 1710 XLR or my inexpensive Keystone PT 722. Only thing I have shot in the 1710 is CCI SV and the Wolf Match Target. All targets were shot at 50 meters. I have exactly 499 rounds through the 1710 "yes I am keeping count". On the red dot target I was adjusting the scope this was also the first rounds fired. On all targets almost every group is .5" or better, which shows consistency. Both paper plate targets were shot with CCI SV. The circles are 1/4" outside to outside. The right plate was with the 1710 and left plate was shot with my Keystone PT 722. The 3 top circles on the left plate was adjusting the scope. All this with $2 a box ammo.

While I love the Vudoo and will have one shortly I have to stick up for my 1710 XLR....I'm sure you understand. ;)

0923181930.jpg

0913180923a.jpg

0913180923.jpg
0913180923.jpg

While I love the Vudoo and will have one shortly I have to stick up for my 1710 XLR....I'm sure you understand. ;)

I absolutely do! Those are some nice groups. Having a Vudoo doesn't mean I'm getting rid of any of my other rifles, I just simply have a new Gold Standard rifle that I go to. I have 8 other .22 rimfires, I did sell 1 Annie but kept my MPR because it's a pleasure to shoot. Heck even though my old Savage bolt is nowhere near as accurate I'm not parting ways with it. It has it's place and uses.

Modest are we? Somebody had to pull the trigger. :cool:
Realist. At 60 years old you can only be so good. The Timney Calvin Elite trigger set at 16oz definitely improved my groups. Higher grade ammo and a range that doesn't mimic the Bermuda Triangle would really show off how accurate Vudoo rifles truly are. ;)

Realist. At 60 years old you can only be so good. The Timney Calvin Elite trigger set at 16oz definitely improved my groups. Higher grade ammo and a range that doesn't mimic the Bermuda Triangle would really show off how accurate Vudoo rifles truly are. ;)
Well, I am only 9 years behind you.

Well said, I look back at all the time and money I spent on a couple rimfires trying to obtain reasonable accuracy and if my time was valued at $20 an hour, parts, testing time, and ammo added up...…. I'd have paid for another frustration free Vudoo. :cautious:

Well said, I look back at all the time and money I spent on a couple rimfires trying to obtain reasonable accuracy and if my time was valued at $20 an hour, parts, testing time, and ammo added up...…. I'd have paid for another frustration free Vudoo. :cautious:

I had this conversation with a group of friends last week. None of them are new to shooting, but really accurate rimfires, especially at extended ranges is new for them. Every single one of them bought 10/22 target models with the hammer forged barrel and then bought Ruger RPRF's. I told them before they bought anything, that they would be better off to pick up a KIDD rifle, instead of the 10/22, because they would end up spending close to the same money on upgrades, and spend a lot of time and ammo, trying to get where they wanted to be. The same is true of the RPRF...each of them has had issues and is now talking triggers, barrels etc... Now, a couple are talking Anschutz, but don't want to spend the money, so they're looking at CZ455's. Nothing wrong with the CZ, but when it's all said and done, after upgrades to the RPRF and then the CZ, with possible upgrades ( Lilja ), they haven't saved anything and actually lost because of all of the time they could've had rifles that hammered out of the box.

I tried to explain to them that I've already been there...done that...and got a safe full of Anschutz, Cooper's, Sako's, Kimber's, CZ's, etc... I'm not getting rid of any of my others any time soon, but the Vudoo is simply light years ahead of most of the others, for what I want it to do...just like my KIDD is compared to my other 10/22's.

Reactions: quickdraw and Sieg
RAVAGE88

I have a Vudoo scheduled for delivery tomorrow with an MPA Competition stock ( I know I'm bragging and really looking forward to it). I'm wanting to put a Harris bipod on the forend and an wondering what adapter do I need for a solid mounting.

Travelor,
There are a number of ways to accomplish this, the least gear intensive would likely be a simple Picatinny adapter. You could also go all out and do the ARCA, but it depends on what all you'd like to do with your rifle.

MB

Cant go wrong with Area419's new ARCALOCK with their Harris adapter. Just receive mine 2 weeks ago and it is amazing! I have some other ARCA/Harris adapters and this is the best, especially with their designed clamp knob which allows you to get it nice and tight. Others dont give you a solid grip so you cant get it tight causing it to come loose throughout the day. Not this one.

http://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-clamp/

RAVAGE88

I have a Vudoo scheduled for delivery tomorrow with an MPA Competition stock ( I know I'm bragging and really looking forward to it). I'm wanting to put a Harris bipod on the forend and an wondering what adapter do I need for a solid mounting.

Cant go wrong with Area419's new ARCALOCK with their Harris adapter. Just received mine 2 weeks ago and it is amazing! I have some other ARCA/Harris adapters and this is the best, especially with their designed clamp knob which allows you to get it nice and tight. Others dont give you a solid grip so you cant get it tight causing it to come loose throughout the day. Not this one.

http://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-clamp/

It is quite natural to want to get the most value for your hard earned dollars. I imagine that most of us decided to first look at what we currently owned once we decided to head down the precision 22lr road.

For me my best option was a 10/22 target rifle I owned. I took it out for a solid test and decided it needed some upgrades. New Magpul stock then Kidd trigger and a few other Kidd parts. Still a so/so rifle so then while getting ready to go to a Kidd barreled action I decided to put together a complete Kidd 10/22 and I had the original Ruger 10/22 back together again to start over. Add in a few bricks of different match ammo and you get the picture.

Then another complete Kidd rifle for my wife. Multiple mags and torque settings along with a Victor stock and still had the regular flyers with every mag. So go through another bunch of bricks looking for the magic bullet. I later found out that taking off the Kidd muzzle brake helped a bunch.

Next I went down the RPRF road and after trying multiple mags, torque settings, trigger adjustments and a bunch of bricks of ammo I got tired of chasing my butt and moved on. I know that there are more in there but I must have blocked it out of my memory.

Then while thinking about a move to a CZ455 frustration finally got the best of me and we drove up to St. George to order my Vudoo. After an hour or so we had ended up ordering her new rifle. We waited for the build to be completed and got it out to the range for the usual ammo testing. Instead of finding "The Magic Bullet" we found that every round fired had a little magic in it. It was like my other precision rifles, point and shoot.

She loves her new rifle. I loved letting go of all of the months of frustration trying to get other platforms to shoot accurately and consistently. Getting to the point of committing to paying the price for the first Vudoo was an effort. Once I was there actually ordering it I knew it was the right thing to do although I felt foolish over how much time and money I wasted getting there. I have also ordered my new Vudoo which will be done this week.

We decided to keep one of the Kidd 10/22's just as a change of pace and I had it shooting pretty good by now. Everything else was sold for a loss along with the price of a few thousand rounds of match ammo and over a year and many hours trying to get to where we are right out of the gate with Vudoo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sieg and RAVAGE88
I hear people say that they won't spend that much for a 22lr rifle but the same people spend that and more for a 6.5 Creedmoor. Would they say that they won't spend that much for a 6 Creedmoor. They are all precision rifles just different calibers of the same animal. I don't shoot 22lr for plinking much anymore but I do shoot it a bunch for Tactical Precision Rifle and Benchrest. In both of these pursuits I want to hit what I'm aiming at just like in my centerfire matches. I'm also looking forward to getting into ERL 22. This is going to require an even more exacting shooting platform and system.

This world of 22lr isn't what your grandfather or even father grew up shooting. It isn't even what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Don't get confused on what we are trying to accomplish here.

Last edited:
First, than ks for your replies concerning the Harris bipod adapter. I watched the u Tube video and have one further question - do you have to have the under forearm rail or will the adapter fit on the bottom of the MPA chassis without then aftermarket rail ?

Which did you do as the rails are $100 extra?

This world of 22lr isn't what your grandfather or even father grew up shooting. It isn't even what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Don't get confused on what we are trying to accomplish here.
I can envision the day when ranges are being shut down for noise and environmental issues similar to the numerous motorcycle and car race tracks around the country. Suppressed .22lr ranges may be the future before you know it. Peace and quiet with all the challenges of shooting a 1000yds plus on a lot less land. Environmentalists hate noise and long range centerfires aren't exactly stealthy.

Reactions: Rolltide
Sieg, I agree with you. It's one of the reasons I enjoy shooting rimfires so much. I can shoot them at 50 yards or out as far as I want, with little to no disturbance to those nearby, especially if there is a ridge in between where I'm shooting and them. Once my suppressor gets here, it will be even better.

Reactions: rj112275
Sieg, I agree with you. It's one of the reasons I enjoy shooting rimfires so much. I can shoot them at 50 yards or out as far as I want, with little to no disturbance to those nearby, especially if there is a ridge in between where I'm shooting and them. Once my suppressor gets here, it will be even better.
Suppressors should be mandatory…… Just like the muffler/spark arrestors that have been mandatory on off-road vehicles for years. Firearms and off-road vehicles typically use similar land.

Funny, they're not mandating firearms suppressors. :unsure:

Reactions: woogie_man
I'm not into making suppressors mandatory - but neither do I approve of them being put on the NFA list in the first place. We have Hollywood largely to thank for that.... If it weren't for all the movies & TV shows that show every type of firearm from revolvers to high powered rifles being as quiet as a suppressed 22RF with std vel ammo - and always being used by assassins or other bad guys - maybe we'd be able to walk into a gun shop, purchase a can, and walk out with it.

Reactions: Sieg