• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Just curious, could you cut the slot for the follower into mag extension? This would allow the user to swap mag extensions, making the mag body for alll sizes the same. I would imagine the mag body is more expensive to machine than the extension. Since you do not need to full mag length (x axis) for the 22LR, there is plenty of room to use a beefy screen through the Y axis to affix the mag body tot eh extension.

Just curious, could you cut the slot for the follower into mag extension? This would allow the user to swap mag extensions, making the mag body for alll sizes the same. I would imagine the mag body is more expensive to machine than the extension. Since you do not need to full mag length (x axis) for the 22LR, there is plenty of room to use a beefy screen through the Y axis to affix the mag body tot eh extension.

There are a number of ways to do it, but creating a transition for the follower into and out of the extension isn't a good idea with a protruding case head. The other issue is machining the pocket into the extension; would have to use a sinker to do it correctly unless you make the extension in two halves like the body. I'd rather keep the column integrity in the body and make one extension for multiple bodies.

MB

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnJohn
Today I received my Vudoo. It's 20" MTU in Cadex Lite Competition chassis with trigger tech diamond and 30MOA scope base.

I was expecting a lot, and it exceeded each of my expectations in every aspects; from customer service to finish of the rifle.

Waiting for glass and scope rings.

Can't wait to get it out and shoot

Last edited:
Color options? or just red?
Proto Machined Mags are back from Ano, turned out beautifully and work awesome. Fixture plate is in the machine and full tilt boogie by Wednesday. Made slight revisions to the Base Plate for clearing all the possible DBMs and improving aesthetics. Onto the next cool thing....

4-E52-D468-251-E-4-EF1-A6-FD-24-D81-EF385-CE.jpg

Just to give everyone an idea of what to expect for size, here's a SolidWorks assembly with the five, 10, 12 and 15 round mags. You can also see the difference in the Base Plate between current protos and production version.

0-D550887-01-D7-4-BC2-B601-902-F4-DC86-DC9-1-201-a.jpg

MB

We have a substantial in-house Cerakote capability so we'll be Cerakoting mostly; any of the available colors are in play but not sure we'll be doing custom stuff yet. We'll not be adding an anodize option until later because the due diligence takes time; we won't use anyone that can't perform consistently or guarantee their work. Anodizing can have a lot of fall-out if the process is sloppy and some shops won't hold themselves accountable for damaged parts, so I'll be very careful when choosing who we use. When we do flip the switch for anodize, red and black are what I've done so far, but some anodizers offer an array of color options.

MB

Some more of my hair turned gray just thinking about dealing with anodizers again. You can get a bumper chromed for $100, but I can't get all my parts to be the same shade of blue? But at least the thumbprints are no extra cost!

@RAVAGE88 , has a price been discussed yet? Definitely excited to see these. Thanks for the hard work!

Well....ok....call the shop, talk to Greg:D....but we won't accept deposits, it's just to get in line.

MB
Mike, I knew there was a reason for my not ordering a pile of mags when I consumed the Vudoo kool-aid back in February (mmmm-mmmm good...)! Thanks for your continued development of an already amazing platform and supporting items.

I already have an interesting hodge-podge of colors - blue chassis, whatever that brown is for Vortex Razor, cobalt cerakote on action and barrel.... it all works quite well somehow... let's add a splash of red...

• Haha
Reactions: RAVAGE88
Some more of my hair turned gray just thinking about dealing with anodizers again. You can get a bumper chromed for $100, but I can't get all my parts to be the same shade of blue? But at least the thumbprints are no extra cost!

@RAVAGE88 , has a price been discussed yet? Definitely excited to see these. Thanks for the hard work!

Yep, my biggest "discussion" with various anodizers was deciding what color is black, and within the same batch of anodizing.

Pricing hasn't been published yet but will be soon.

MB

MB:

Do you have a cross-sectional diagram that shows the difference in geometry between base of original magazines and new magazines?

Many thanks, RLS

MB:

Do you have a cross-sectional diagram that shows the difference in geometry between base of original magazines and new magazines?

Many thanks, RLS

The cross-sections are very similar, differing where necessary because one is molded and one machined. In the recent past, there have been at least a couple who've made extensions for the current molded magazine, but to do so means the thumb button can't be used. The absence of the thumb button can create feed issues which is why I'm now not doing a +2 extension.

MB

Mike,
Are the bodies hollowed out so they are not too heavy? Sides screwed together?
Some might want the extra weight, but it would be easy to fill a hollow cavity with weight if they want it, but harder to make them lighter.

Mike,
Are the bodies hollowed out so they are not too heavy? Sides screwed together?
Some might want the extra weight, but it would be easy to fill a hollow cavity with weight if they want it, but harder to make them lighter.

The housing halves are not completely hollow. In order to bolt them together without distortion, there has to be some integrity. The molded parts are designed similarly so the material is rigid enough post molding. The integrity in a stamped steel magazine comes from the properties of the steel and the bends that give the material its outer shape,

MB

MIghty Bites FTW! Love'em! There's something just hypnotic about clean tool paths. Looks more like a facing op than a pocket.

I am playing with safe cracking (freaking hard!) and whipped up a quick mount yesterday for an old lock. Went a little unconventional on the facing since it was just for me.

Anyways, keep the machining pics coming!

59710595990__7BA0A326-24C2-47A0-815A-0BC88224700C.jpeg

Well I ordered My Vudoo yesterday! Now what am I going to spend every free moment of my day obsessing over?! In all actuality where is the best place with the best price for Lapua Center-x? I have 1500 rounds of SK Rifle match and about the same of Eley Match but since center-x is the premier I would like to get some! Thanks for any info given or already received!!

Cheers!
Jason

Well I ordered My Vudoo yesterday! Now what am I going to spend every free moment of my day obsessing over?! In all actuality where is the best place with the best price for Lapua Center-x? I have 1500 rounds of SK Rifle match and about the same of Eley Match but since center-x is the premier I would like to get some! Thanks for any info given or already received!!

Cheers!
Jason

Congratulations!

You can spend time thinking about what glass you going to put on it....

Also, Brownells has center x for 11.29/50

Cheers!
Jason
Best price on Center-X (or any of the Eley / Lapua premium or midrange labels) is Good Shooting Inc. I have yet to find any vendor offer better prices, even on "sale," than this crew, and that factors in such bits as "free shipping," and you also get a choice of lots.

Best price on Center-X (or any of the Eley / Lapua premium or midrange labels) is Good Shooting Inc. I have yet to find any vendor offer better prices, even on "sale," than this crew, and that factors in such bits as "free shipping," and you also get a choice of lots.

Plus they are very good people to deal with!

Thanks for the tip ?? definitely ordering from them

Plus they are very good people to deal with!

Cathy and James are good people. And in case you didnt know it, Cathy is one of the most incredible shooters I have ever known.

Congratulations!

You can spend time thinking about what glass you going to put on it....

Also, Brownells has center x for 11.29/50

Well scope will be a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 FFP mil/mil with the new reticle. I am using a lifeline and getting it at an insane price! Until it arrives my Razor Gen 2 will hold its place. From what I understand medium rings are good for lever throw and clearance. New stick is a Ridgeback Black with gray 18" kukri.

Cheers!

Well scope will be a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 FFP mil/mil with the new reticle. I am using a lifeline and getting it at an insane price! Until it arrives my Razor Gen 2 will hold its place. From what I understand medium rings are good for lever throw and clearance. New stick is a Ridgeback Black with gray 18" kukri.

Cheers!

So lemme get this straight, you'll replace the Gen 2 razor with the Gen 2 PST?

Why, if I may ask?

(I'm @ the mil pricing and you can't beat it, so eventually considering the razor to replace the Diamondback Tactical)

So lemme get this straight, you'll replace the Gen 2 razor with the Gen 2 PST?

Why, if I may ask?

(I'm @ the mil pricing and you can't beat it, so eventually considering the razor to replace the Diamondback Tactical)

The Razor is on my 6.5 Creedmoor that I just had made for me and I have not put any rounds down it yet. So it is sitting on top not zeroed yet. I have a 100 yard range about 30 yards off my deck beside my house. In the spring it will include steel hung out to 380 yards. So I can easily shoot the Vudoo before I get to the Creedmoor before spring gets here.

Cheers!

Cathy and James are good people. And in case you didnt know it, Cathy is one of the most incredible shooters I have ever known.

Oh wow. Ive talked to Cathy on the phone. I have read all about Cathy the shooter before. Didn't realize I actually talked to 'the' Cathy. She is an amazing shooter. I order from good shooting all the time as well

Does anyone have a v-22 mounted in a krg whiskey 3 and pictures of it? Either an 18” or 20” barrel??

Hello Everyone, I am a relatively new Vudoo owner, I have the Ridgeback with 18" Kukri Barrel and I also have the new MDT ACC chassis with a 22" Kukri Barrel. Just curious as to what glass everyone is running? I currently have Vortex Razor Gen 2's 4.5x27x56 and I am wondering if there are advantages to a NF ATACR?

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_190454.jpg
    IMG_20191110_190454.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20191207_121927 (1).jpg
    IMG_20191207_121927 (1).jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 164
Nice rifle. You will love it.

As to scope, if you can't do it with the Razor you won't be able to do it with the ATACR. That Razor will do all you need.

Cheers!
Jason
Champions Choice has Center X for $11.00 / 50

Reactions: Pranavdc
Oh wow. Ive talked to Cathy on the phone. I have read all about Cathy the shooter before. Didn't realize I actually talked to 'the' Cathy. She is an amazing shooter. I order from good shooting all the time as well
Same here ive bought from her on the phone several times, she talks like a nice lady that knows a lot about ammo, not like a super shooter.

Im about to order a Vudoo bore guide. It does not appear my .22 cal Tipton carbon fiber rod will work. What cleaning rod is everyone using for their Vudoo's? Adapter? Length?

If I remember right it will take anything under .187. At least I think that’s what my bore guide said. .17 cal carbon fiber rod is what I’ve been using with the adapter for a 22 jag. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong.

To add to the cleaning rod discussion, I have a 17 - 20 cal. Montana extreme with 5-40 threads. Fits great, but the adapter that gets me to the 22 jag is 8-32. This will not fit through the insert in my Vudoo bore guide. I have to leave the insert out.
Can anyone tell me where I can get a 5-40 thread 22 jag that fits through the insert? Or, even a new rod and the matching jags? Or, is there a place where all this has been discussed already?
Justin

Reactions: Drewdemon
When i use my 22cal rod, the edge of the ejector scratches the rod. I believe they want you to use a smaller rod for this reason alone.

For rimfire cleaning in general I prefer a Dewey 20cal rod in a 22lr and I turn down the thread adapter to just over 0.200” so I can then attach the jag for the VFG cleaning felts. It does a great job for me. I use this with my VGW V-22 bore guide and the insert.

cleaning rod i use with the adapter....https://www.killoughshootingsports.com/cleaning/705-melonited-187-cleaning-rod.html