• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

What are you guys lubing thr bolt with? I am getting little rust spots and dark gunk on the bolt body. It happens quickly. And it happens on all 4 if the v22s models I own. I have been using clp from mpro7. Thanks
20230529_193513.jpg

I visited the factory last month while my gun was in for a tune-up and mentioned the same thing. They said that a little "0000" steel wool wouldn't hurt to remove those pesky rust dots. (I also have them on my V22-S bolt). I use "Militec" gun oil along with the steel wool to remove the spots. Works for me.

I visited the factory last month while my gun was in for a tune-up and mentioned the same thing. They said that a little "0000" steel wool wouldn't hurt to remove those pesky rust dots. (I also have them on my V22-S bolt). I use "Militec" gun oil along with the steel wool to remove the spots. Works for me.

Hmm - makes me wonder about those reports of bolts rusting on the Vudoo single shots. I've never seen any sort of rust or spots on either of mine, but then the humidity out here is usually pretty low - though it's been raining here tonight for over an hour now... Will pull them both out tomorrow to look the bolts over.

I've notice a few small black dots on my V22-s bolt, figured it was small amounts of powder residue etc., and have used the scotchbrite pads to remove it w/o issue. I've noticed them more with Eley Black Box ammo than with CX.

I have 2 vudoo Single shots , and I’ve never seen any rust spots on my bolt . but then again, I clean my rifle after every shooting. Clean and wipe down bolt with Iosso triple action gun oil . I try to do this before it gets put away in my safe…Note this ! Directions on most gun liquids or aerosols will say to shake well before use!!! Lucas gun oil is too tacky for me .
My research showed Iosso is best , research it

Attachments

• IMG_1485.png
    IMG_1485.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Not to change the subject but what ammo are you guys having the best luck with. I am looking for something that shoots good in the ten dollar range if possible.

I have a feeling the climate plays a part in this. I live in the Chicago area. The weather here can be quite damp (not lately though). I also clean and oil my bolt after every range day and keep it in it's own pouch. It still manages to get these little spots of rust. As been said before, it doesn't affect the performance of the firing system.

I have 2 vudoo Single shots , and I’ve never seen any rust spots on my bolt . but then again, I clean my rifle after every shooting. Clean and wipe down bolt with Iosso triple action gun oil . I try to do this before it gets put away in my safe…Note this ! Directions on most gun liquids or aerosols will say to shake well before use!!! Lucas gun oil is too tacky for me .
My research showed Iosso is best , research it
Tacky is why I use Lucas Gun Oil....it doesn't take a lot.

Reactions: Papa Mike
I have a feeling the climate plays a part in this. I live in the Chicago area. The weather here can be quite damp (not lately though). I also clean and oil my bolt after every range day and keep it in it's own pouch. It still manages to get these little spots of rust. As been said before, it doesn't affect the performance of the firing system.
I deal with salt and humidity, haven't had any problems as described.

Maybe something in your pouch??

Graham Wind Flags are what I use.....they are awesome!!!! I have the Rimfire Ball Flags. The far flag to the left is a Graham Large Ball Flag.

Things that helped me........

A rifle that shoots consistent to begin with.
Good ammo
Harrell Tuner
Bob's Tube's 6 1/2" bloop tube
A good set of flags and practice a lot over them when the wind is blowing. If I had a dime for everytime I've been told it's a waste of time shooting in the crazy winds we practice in.........I'd be rich. ;)

Graham Wind Flags are what I use.....they are awesome!!!! I have the Rimfire Ball Flags. The far flag to the left is a Graham Large Ball Flag.

Things that helped me........

A rifle that shoots consistent to begin with.
Good ammo
Harrell Tuner
Bob's Tube's 6 1/2" bloop tube
A good set of flags and practice a lot over them when the wind is blowing. If I had a dime for everytime I've been told it's a waste of time shooting in the crazy winds we practice in.........I'd be rich. ;)
Hi, what's your opinion of Bob's bloop tube your using?

Hi, what's your opinion of Bob's bloop tube your using?
Simple answer...it works.

I tuned my rifle using a Harrell Tuner then I screwed Bob's tube on and it made just a little bit of difference in the consistency of my shots. This is exactly what Mr. Bob said it would do, make things just a little better.

I'll also repeat something else Mr. Bob told me....This tube will not make crappy ammo shoot good. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My first range trip was interesting also. Buddy of mine was there with his CZ 457 Lilja, he has a Harrell tuner too. We put the tube on his rifle and I almost didn't get it back. He ordered one that night.

If you would like to talk with Mr. Bob I can pass on his contact information.

I tuned my rifle using a Harrell Tuner then I screwed Bob's tube on and it made just a little bit of difference in the consistency of my shots. This is exactly what Mr. Bob said it would do, make things just a little better.

I'll also repeat something else Mr. Bob told me....This tube will not make crappy ammo shoot good. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My first range trip was interesting also. Buddy of mine was there with his CZ 457 Lilja, he has a Harrell tuner too. We put the tube on his rifle and I almost didn't get it back. He ordered one that night.

What length?

Thanks for your reply, please send me his contact info. Thanks

Thanks for your reply, please send me his contact info. Thanks
If you tune a barrel with a stock Harrels tuner and then add the extra weight of a tube and it shoots better then it wasn't in tune to begin with. Tubes have been around for a long time. Just about every benchrest shooter has tried one at one time or another. Very few are used today.

If they worked like you say everyone in br would be using them and that's not the case. If your gun is able of being tuned properly there is no need for bloop tube or noodles. Yeah Bob bass has done well for sure that's due to his ammo not his bloop tubes.

If you tune a barrel with a stock Harrels tuner and then add the extra weight of a tube and it shoots better then it wasn't in tune to begin with. Tubes have been around for a long time. Just about every benchrest shooter has tried one at one time or another. Very few are used today.
Some Say. :)

My one lot# of Eley Match has been very consistent in my Vudoo V-22S along with a lot# of Eley Tenex. I wanted to see if it was a one off so I ordered a different lot# of Eley Match to try out. Well....I wasn't disappointed at all. :)

I took 5 rds. of the new lot# and mixed them with 5 rds. of my existing lot#. I did this twice and this is how my ten shot groups are starting to size up!!! :giggle:

20230618_083325.jpg

20230618_083406.jpg

What is the point of mixing the ammo?

To see what would happen of course. :D

I've read a lot about tuners and finding the right tune for a rifle. One of the theories I ran across mentioned using the same ammo of different speeds and adjusting the tuner until the faster ammo had the same point of impact as the slower ammo. Thought I would mixed the two different lots and see if I could tell a difference in point of impact.....I couldn't.

I've also noticed that my rifle is shooting quite a few different types of ammo...Lapua, Eley and SK......to the same point of impact with no scope adjustment.

What does this mean...who knows???? Just something I have noticed with my rifle.

20230603_123911.jpg

To see what would happen of course. :D

I've read a lot about tuners and finding the right tune for a rifle. One of the theories I ran across mentioned using the same ammo of different speeds and adjusting the tuner until the faster ammo had the same point of impact as the slower ammo. Thought I would mixed the two different lots and see if I could tell a difference in point of impact.....I couldn't.

I've also noticed that my rifle is shooting quite a few different types of ammo...Lapua, Eley and SK......to the same point of impact with no scope adjustment.

What does this mean...who knows???? Just something I have noticed with my rifle.

View attachment 8165305Are you strictly a benchrest shooter or PRS/NRL?

Reactions: BowChamp
What is the point of mixing the ammo?
If your tuner setting can shoot multiple different lots or even brands of match ammo into the same group, it validates the tuner setting.
example my base setting for this rifle was 45 with a Scotts mid barrel tuner. I took it off and retuned and found 90 to be a better setting. 6 shots 2 shots from each lot of a different lot of CX. this was in 2016-17 and the tuner is still at 90 never been adjusted again. fast forward to 2022 my best ARA target with another different lot of CX tuner still at 90

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    870 KB · Views: 88
  • 1411 Lite tuner swap tuning target 12-23-17 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    1411 Lite tuner swap tuning target 12-23-17 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: BowChamp and GTI
If your tuner setting can shoot multiple different lots or even brands of match ammo into the same group, it validates the tuner setting.
example my base setting for this rifle was 45 with a Scotts mid barrel tuner. I took it off and retuned and found 90 to be a better setting. 6 shots 2 shots from each lot of a different lot of CX. this was in 2016-17 and the tuner is still at 90 never been adjusted again. fast forward to 2022 my best ARA target with another different lot of CX tuner still at 90

Lee
Thank you Sir.

My Vudoo V22s has about 1/4" of play in the bolt handle when the bolt is locked down, is that normal? None of the other bolt action rifles I own have that play when loaded.

My Vudoo V22s has about 1/4" of play in the bolt handle when the bolt is locked down, is that normal? None of the other bolt action rifles I own have that play when loaded.
Are we talking about the handle moving up and down or forward and rearward?

Free play or does it have just a little less tension in this positions as compared to the rest of the bolt handle travel?

Lee
Mr Lee,

Shot my best Unlimited scores today while practicing. Used 6 different ammos to get it done......same tuner setting and no scope adjustments. Things are starting to come together.

20230705_133606.jpg

20230706_160409.jpg

20230706_160439.jpg

20230706_160505.jpg

20230706_160534.jpg

20230706_160601.jpg

20230706_160632.jpg

It is up and down play, I will take some video and post it.
I wouldn't worry about it. It directly relates to how far the cocking piece teat is away from the bottom of the notch that cocks the pin. The further away it is the more you will have. You need a little space there and I think think the way they adjust pinfall it effects that.

I wouldn't worry about it. It directly relates to how far the cocking piece teat is away from the bottom of the notch that cocks the pin. The further away it is the more you will have. You need a little space there and I think think the way they adjust pinfall it effects that.
That does make sense to me. Always good to learn something.......Thanks. (y)

Any range reports from people using a V22S with a Bartlein barrel ?

Have a 360 V22S with Bartlein barrel and Harrel's tuner here.

Only got 645 rounds through it so far, but at the last two local Precision Rimfire Rifle matches shot from a bench, best 5-shot group at each match at 50 yards were .23" ctc (.44 MOA) and .28" ctc (.53 MOA).

Reactions: 10ring1
Hi all,
Any range reports from people using a V22S with a Bartlein barrel ?
Thanks
Gilbert

Gilbert,

My V22S with Bartlein barrel is shooting groups 20% smaller than when I used the same scope, ammo and front rest and my Anschutz 1913 rifle.

I really like it. The right bolt left port really helps smooth out and speed up the shooting.

Once I contacted the factory for the correct cleaning routine my group sizes shrunk.

Stewart

That is the cleaning routine that helped me out.

I (literally) called the factory because I thought that my new (to me) rifle was screwed - it was shooting that bad!

I had been using the same cleaning routine that had worked well on my Anschutz 1913 for the last few years, and the results just kept getting worse. I placed 2 drops of Ballistol on a patch and pushed it thru the bore after a shooting session with great success with the German gun, but that did not work for the Vudoo.

I talked to Greg Roman at the factory in Utah who set me straight, and started using the Bore Tech cleaner.

I will admit to being (very) skeptical - how can switching cleaners 'fix' my gun?

But it did!

It was less than 150 rounds later that the Vudoo started working better, and it was great (like I had expected it to be) after about 1,000 rounds of SK Rifle Match.

My Vudoo wore the same scope, shot the same ammo, and rested on the same bags as the Anschutz, with me as the shooter for both rifles.

It worked for me.

Your mileage may vary.

That is the cleaning routine that helped me out.

I (literally) called the factory because I thought that my new (to me) rifle was screwed - it was shooting that bad!

I had been using the same cleaning routine that had worked well on my Anschutz 1913 for the last few years, and the results just kept getting worse. I placed 2 drops of Ballistol on a patch and pushed it thru the bore after a shooting session with great success with the German gun, but that did not work for the Vudoo.

I talked to Greg Roman at the factory in Utah who set me straight, and started using the Bore Tech cleaner.

I will admit to being (very) skeptical - how can switching cleaners 'fix' my gun?

But it did!

It was less than 150 rounds later that the Vudoo started working better, and it was great (like I had expected it to be) after about 1,000 rounds of SK Rifle Match.

My Vudoo wore the same scope, shot the same ammo, and rested on the same bags as the Anschutz, with me as the shooter for both rifles.

It worked for me.

Your mileage may vary.

Yes Sir...I believe it works.

Reactions: stewbud