• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Whale wars?? Eco Pirates!!

Re: Whale wars?? Eco Pirates!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

SMOKSHWN -I have no disolusions on being better than you turds I havejust past the kill what ever stage and understand that there is not a need to slaughter what ever we want-a majority public opinion is not always incorrect </div></div>

Yes you do suffer from dillusions....your own words betray you. You sir have not "past" me in any way, shape, or form in your enlightenment. As for your assumption that I kill anything, you are very wrong. But considering that you may be in error is a concept you cannot grasp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
They're not your whales.
It's not your ocean.-- well Fred yes it is, it is just that others own it also </div></div>

So the Japanese own the whales every bit as much as you do, correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyway boys the one thing we are united on is gun ownership and usage even if a few of you would be best to turn them on youselves so we can save a few of my blubbery friends-
now I off to find my vegan burger which fell in my dreadlocks a month ago. Lets keep this sensible and not to personal.
</div></div>

Absolutely, let's not make it personal by suggesting individuals kill themselves in order to save an animal.... And please don't ASSume that you and I share a single value or are united on any idea.

PS. You don't even throw bait well as a troll....</div></div>

smokswhn , its late my friend and time for you to rest

I just want to know where in the hell you get a grill big enough for whale ribs
grin.gif

My favourite is Whale blumber soup ,washed down with some Baby Seal spare ribs .

Che , Mate , your're a bloody JAFA .

hitting the sack , some of US have to work tomorrow .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

SMOKSHWN -I have no disolusions on being better than you turds I havejust past the kill what ever stage and understand that there is not a need to slaughter what ever we want-a majority public opinion is not always incorrect </div></div>

Yes you do suffer from dillusions....your own words betray you. You sir have not "past" me in any way, shape, or form in your enlightenment. As for your assumption that I kill anything, you are very wrong. But considering that you may be in error is a concept you cannot grasp.

They're not your whales.
It's not your ocean.-- well Fred yes it is, it is just that others own it also </div></div>

So the Japanese own the whales every bit as much as you do, correct?

Anyway boys the one thing we are united on is gun ownership and usage even if a few of you would be best to turn them on youselves so we can save a few of my blubbery friends-
now I off to find my vegan burger which fell in my dreadlocks a month ago. Lets keep this sensible and not to personal.
</div></div>

Absolutely, let's not make it personal by suggesting individuals kill themselves in order to save an animal.... And please don't ASSume that you and I share a single value or are united on any idea.

PS. You don't even throw bait well as a troll....</div></div>

smokswhn , its late my friend and time for you to rest </div></div>

Once again, your late and my late are two different worlds, not too mention picking apart your childlike arguments is hardly enough work to cause one to need rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just want to know where in the hell you get a grill big enough for whale ribs
grin.gif
</div></div>

Just do a Pit Barbecue,they taste great over Old Growth Forest Coals.Just don't let any greasy hippies get too close or they'll ruin the flavor.

I'm calling it a night,gotta go Club Baby Seals in the morning again!!!

Wonder how the baby backs are on those big ugly fucking whales. Che i hope they kill a few more in your honor you are one of the hippies that makes me hate whales and hope the japs harpon a couple for you. Fuck the whales.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Zealand and Australia and many other nations support a total ban on Whale and Dolphin slaughter -we have become enlightned with our appreciation toward these animals where as others are yet to arrive at this point .The Muslims still think its ok to hack of heads , whip woman with electrical wire and some other fucked up stuff --hopefully in time they will become a more learned sophisticated society of individuals and realize their inhumanity -these things take time and dont change overnight .I hope you posters that dont deplore the killing of our whales and dolphins in time change also . My sincerest expectation to all -tofu burger rock !! </div></div>

Is English your first language?In either case I would suggest you take some lessons in spelling and punctuation.

Your last sentence makes me think you are stoned and have the munchies.Neither Tofu Burgers or Lentils "Rock".

Season finale Friday night!

Looks like the IVPs do nothing to help save the whales... <span style="font-style: italic">again</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Season finale Friday night!

Looks like the IVPs do nothing to help save the whales... <span style="font-style: italic">again</span>.

</div></div>

It's 2 parts i.e. back to back one hour episodes. That's 2 hours of cluster-funking, oh joy!

I have to say I am very saddened by the attitudes shown here toward flipper and free willy but it just shows what different people we are in some ways in the south pacific to certain segments of the people of the USA .I cant understand why you guys think people like me who support save the whales and dolhins are hippys -fuck me days, I am as far away from a hippy as can be and my politics are more right than left .As I have said I believe many of your are yet to climb the ladder of enlightenment and age may hold the key .

50calcruiser -it is hard to believe you listen to vavaldi 4 seasons-is it nigel Kenndey playing violin? but great choice of music .Now remember girls eat ya egg plant and peanut sauce and no whale blubber

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50calcruiser , hey put ya neck over here I wanna light my Cuban </div></div>

I must be slow, I don't get it. You want to light your cigar with my neck? Is it on fire?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i used to like whales but the hippies fucked that up. Fuck the whales.</div></div>

I wondered if people felt this way. The IVPs may have hurt their cause with their over the top clown show and alienated people who would otherwise be supporters. </div></div>

He is calling you (us) a redneck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyway boys the one thing we are united on is gun ownership and usage...</div></div>

I can't bring myself to believe such a progressive thinker would own a firearm. It's so...lowbrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...even if a few of you would be best to turn them on youselves so we can save a few of my blubbery friends-
</div></div>

Lead by example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50calcruiser , hey put ya neck over here I wanna light my Cuban </div></div>

I must be slow, I don't get it. You want to light your cigar with my neck? Is it on fire?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i used to like whales but the hippies fucked that up. Fuck the whales.</div></div>

I wondered if people felt this way. The IVPs may have hurt their cause with their over the top clown show and alienated people who would otherwise be supporters. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyway boys the one thing we are united on is gun ownership and usage...</div></div>

I can't bring myself to believe such a progressive thinker would own a firearm. It's so...lowbrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...even if a few of you would be best to turn them on youselves so we can save a few of my blubbery friends-
</div></div>

Lead by example.

</div></div>

Damit your quick Eddie !! no offence intended bro

I always root for the whalers, the gang on the ship are such idiots, they should do something with their lives. No, they would rather the publicity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50calcruiser , hey put ya neck over here I wanna light my Cuban </div></div>

</div></div>

Lead by example.

</div></div>

Uh. I guess I've never heard that reference to a redneck before.
It would probably be futile to explain to little Ernesto here the origin of the term redneck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say I am very saddened by the attitudes shown here toward flipper and free willy</div></div>

This is exactly your problem Mr. Guevara, you watch too many Disney movies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50calcruiser , hey put ya neck over here I wanna light my Cuban </div></div>

I can't bring myself to believe such a progressive thinker would own a firearm. It's so...lowbrow.<span style="color: #CC0000">[/color]
I would never say on a any forum gun ownership is low brow -why on earth would you

</div></div>

Lead by example.

</div></div>

[color:#FF0000]Uh. I guess I've never heard that reference to a redneck before.</span>
ya gotta admit it was pretty funny

<span style="color: #FF0000">It would probably be futile to explain to little Ernesto here the origin of the term redneck.</span>
I know the origin 50CAL but I refer to this more in this day and age =In recent decades the term expanded its meaning to mean bigoted, loutish and opposed to modern ways

[<span style="color: #FF0000">quote]I have to say I am very saddened by the attitudes shown here toward flipper and free willy</div></div>

[color:#FF0000]This is exactly your problem Mr. Guevara, you watch too many Disney movies.</span>
[/quote][/color]
If Disney movies help me to retain a view a warm giving kind heart to a particular chosen species on this earth and not want to kill these beautiful mammals , well then Disney it . I recognize one could call hypocrite on this but I am not perfect ! We all hold views that are different- yours to me are abhorrent.

Y el relation entre che guevarra y yo mismo no se existe solo en tu mienta 50CAL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps Switch can help me with the bacon weave on this thing.

Whale, it's what's for dinner.

meat.jpg
</div></div>

Gonna need a lot of bacon, I hear it tastes horrible, looks like goose meat which is simply un-edible. I donate all my goose meat to the local raptor program.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say I am very saddened by the attitudes shown here toward flipper and free willy but it just shows what different people we are in some ways in the south pacific to certain segments of the people of the USA .I cant understand why you guys think people like me who support save the whales and dolhins are hippys -fuck me days, I am as far away from a hippy as can be and my politics are more right than left .As I have said I believe many of your are yet to climb the ladder of enlightenment and age may hold the key .

50calcruiser -it is hard to believe you listen to vavaldi 4 seasons-is it nigel Kenndey playing violin? but great choice of music .Now remember girls eat ya egg plant and peanut sauce and no whale blubber </div></div>

I have to say that I am saddened that you feel I think you are a hippie. Just to be clear, I think you are an arrogant asshole, albeit a self proclaimed enlightened one. It has nothing to do with your politics just your attitude that somehow you are superior w/out the slightest evidence of justification.

Mr. ch'e does have one redeeming trait. He likes guns. At least until he reaches his next level of enlightenment.

I love goose meat please dont put those great creatures in the same catagory as the slimy ass whales
wink.gif
Looking at that meat made me think of backstraps time to go throw one on the grill.

Kerosene and petroleum did away with most of the use humans needed for whales. I've never seen a recipe with whale meat, I reckon it's a bit gamey. So I'm in that camp that even though there is a 15 coot limit per day, I ain't got use for a mud duck so I don't see the point but if others do than that's their perogative. I absolutely do not believe these whale wars douchebags should be doing what they are doing, if it were my boat they were chasing they would be sunk. And that day is coming, someone is going to get killed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say I am very saddened by the attitudes shown here toward flipper and free willy but it just shows what different people we are in some ways in the south pacific to certain segments of the people of the USA .I cant understand why you guys think people like me who support save the whales and dolhins are hippys -fuck me days, I am as far away from a hippy as can be and my politics are more right than left .As I have said I believe many of your are yet to climb the ladder of enlightenment and age may hold the key .

50calcruiser -it is hard to believe you listen to vavaldi 4 seasons-is it nigel Kenndey playing violin? but great choice of music .Now remember girls eat ya egg plant and peanut sauce and no whale blubber </div></div>

I have to say that I am saddened that you feel I think you are a hippie. Just to be clear, I think you are an arrogant asshole, albeit a self proclaimed enlightened one. It has nothing to do with your politics just your attitude that somehow you are superior w/out the slightest evidence of justification. </div></div>

There are always tall poppy cutters out there that dont want to think others have moved past there stationary views and positions in life and you sir are asleep or in a cave -not an asshole as you would like to cuss me with just a sleep to a changing world - now go and wash your mouth out with soap

I'll say this, I am no hippie, no liberal, I like to hunt and fish, but the wholesale slaughtering of Dolphins, Whales, and Sharks by the Japanese sickens me. If the little bastards were in wooden boats with hand held harpoons, hand lining those big SOB's that would be a different story. Do it like the Inuit, or go home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. ch'e does have one redeeming trait. He likes guns. At least until he reaches his next level of enlightenment. </div></div>
I keep getting this feeling friends that guns are some how bad ?? Why do you guys keep pushing this ??as though if one thinks differently than a crowd he or she shall then hate guns ??
Guns are fun!! more people should own ,collect ,carry and shoot for sport or personal protection -fuck anti gun owners , they are just ignorant people who hold phobias manufactured by the media .Can some one tell me how to post a pick here as I have something for 50calcruiser

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll say this, I am no hippie, no liberal, I like to hunt and fish, but the wholesale slaughtering of Dolphins, Whales, and Sharks by the Japanese sickens me. If the little bastards were in wooden boats with hand held harpoons, hand lining those big SOB's that would be a different story. Do it like the Inuit, or go home. </div></div>

Amen to that Witch Doctor!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say I am very saddened by the attitudes shown here toward flipper and free willy but it just shows what different people we are in some ways in the south pacific to certain segments of the people of the USA .I cant understand why you guys think people like me who support save the whales and dolhins are hippys -fuck me days, I am as far away from a hippy as can be and my politics are more right than left .As I have said I believe many of your are yet to climb the ladder of enlightenment and age may hold the key .

I have to say that I am saddened that you feel I think you are a hippie. Just to be clear, I think you are an arrogant asshole, albeit a self proclaimed enlightened one. It has nothing to do with your politics just your attitude that somehow you are superior w/out the slightest evidence of justification. </div></div>

There are always tall poppy cutters out there that dont want to think others have moved past there stationary views and positions in life and you sir are asleep or in a cave -not an asshole as you would like to cuss me with just a sleep to a changing world - now go and wash your mouth out with soap </div></div>

Make a small effort to improve your grammar, punctuation, and spelling. It would go so far in making your arguments of superiority more compelling. Still unbelievable bullshit, but more compelling none the less.

Now hit those grade 4 English texts and come back when you can differentiate there, their, and they're.

If that proves successful you can attempt to correctly spell "a sleep". Take note, your lack of intellect makes success unlikely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say I am very saddened by the attitudes shown here toward flipper and free willy but it just shows what different people we are in some ways in the south pacific to certain segments of the people of the USA .I cant understand why you guys think people like me who support save the whales and dolhins are hippys -fuck me days, I am as far away from a hippy as can be and my politics are more right than left .As I have said I believe many of your are yet to climb the ladder of enlightenment and age may hold the key .

There are always tall poppy cutters out there that dont want to think others have moved past there stationary views and positions in life and you sir are asleep or in a cave -not an asshole as you would like to cuss me with just a sleep to a changing world - now go and wash your mouth out with soap </div></div>

Make a small effort to improve your grammar, punctuation, and spelling. It would go so far in making your arguments of superiority more compelling. Still unbelievable bullshit, but more compelling none the less.

Now hit those grade 4 English texts and come back when you can differentiate there, their, and they're.

If that proves successful you can attempt to correctly spell "a sleep". Take note, your lack of intellect makes success unlikely. </div></div>

hELL sMOKSHWN -dont wind yourself up so much -it might be time for you to have a group hug

ch'e I guess your not as enlightened as you thought, or else you'd know how post pictures here. Fuck shooting a fish, whale or whatever why don't they just use explosives? I remember the good old days when some water proof canon fuse was just a surplus store away. Would you be whinning like a little girl over perch, bass and catfish, maybe a turtle or two sometimes?

I think the show is funny. I would love to eat some whale meat, but at the same time if they are endangered, we should not keep knocking down the population. I like the black boat that got sunk, I laughed my ass off

ch'e,smokshwn is correct,I don't know what your education background is,but a little spelling,punctuation,and grammar might help your argument.

On the subject of the Men on this site calling you a "Hippie",if the shoe fits,wear it.Your constant reference to the disgusting foods you eat is associated with the "Hippie Culture" along with claims of enlightenment and intellectual superiority.

A study of history might help you also,your namesake,Ch'e, was a criminal and murderer who died a cowards death,begging for his life.This is contrary to popular legend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If that proves successful you can attempt to correctly spell "a sleep". Take note, your lack of intellect makes success unlikely. </div></div>

hELL sMOKSHWN -dont wind yourself up so much -it might be time for you to have a group hug
</div></div>
Not wound up, just trying to help one, who isn't as educated as I, to elevate himself. Education afterall is the road to true enlightenment.

Besides, if through some kind of miracle, we can teach you to spell, we might be able to move onto something more complicated. A skillset along the lines of replying with a witty (for you a stretch) comeback other than suggesting naps and hugs.

SANDRAT and smokshwn , it appears no matter how much education you both think you have you've both ended up unintelligent-I mean this statement alone has you dragging your knuckles as a bigot and someone that doesn't understand good healthy food -
On the subject of the Men on this site calling you a "Hippie",if the shoe fits,wear it.Your constant reference to the disgusting foods you eat is associated with the "Hippie Culture"

As for Mr Ch'e Guevara being a coward -hell I doubt that and your extra stupid to even think it let alone say it !Any man that goes to war for a cause has got big pellotas

A murderer - I believe he was in some cases , maybe even Fidel Castro's hit man - many soldiers from all sides have done the same , its not an exclusive position he holds

A coward begging for his life before he died --gee whizz just before being assassinated -your a brave guy saying that from the comfort of your couch .
You don,t have to like or believe in the communist cause or even the reasons they set out to change their oppressive society but to call men who gave their lives for their personal beliefs cowards just because they don't have your politics is more likely the words of an ignorant man that hasn't had to look down the barrel of an aggressive foe's gun-who did actually pull the trigger .

Go wash your mouths out again

You don,t have to like or believe in the communist cause or even the reasons they set out to change their oppressive society but to call men who gave their lives for their personal beliefs cowards just because they don't have your politics is more likely the words of an ignorant man that hasn't had to look down the barrel of an aggressive foe's gun-who did actually pull the trigger .

</div></div>

Fidel Castro leads a regime equally as oppressive as Batista's was.It may have started in order to improve the lives of the people,but,in the end he turned out to be as power hungry as his foe.Why has he held all the power since he overthrew that regime?Because he too is a Coward and has every reason to fear reprisals.

According to the Taliban,we are oppressing them,and yes,they are cowards who use women and children to further their cause.They also believe in their cause.Doesn't make it right.

As far as looking down the barrel of an aggressive foe and him pulling the trigger,stupid question,I'm still here Hippy.

Nut Up and join those Eco-Freaks on the high seas if you are man enough.I'm done arguing with an Illiterate,Commie Loving,Granola Munching Hippy for now.

Like all despots, Castro took power because he thought he knew what the country needed far better than the voting electorate.

Folks sometime speak of 'stolen revolutions', where the idealists do all the blood work and the politicos hijack the outcome. Cuba? Castro? Naaahh! He knew what he was doing all the way from then to now.

Society believes in giving sociopaths second chances. Essentially what they are accomplishing is the enablement of terrorism and oppression; and it's terrorism and oppression that has some experience behind it. <span style="font-style: italic">Whale Wars</span> is a perfect example of A) the double standard the media exercises, and B), the PETA domination behind Animal Planet Network.

On a wider horizon, The UN is stirring the pot again, with new reports that Congolese ethnics were killed (and eaten) by invading Rwandan troops.

Wait til the media gets that solidly between their teeth. I am mindful of the heartrending accounts of mortared marketplaces in the Balkans. Though the media seems to have lost interest, I believe we're still sending troops there several decades later. If I remember correctly, they seem to have championed the idea that the ethnic Muslims were our friends there. Right. Ethnic cleansing was so terrible back then and were were doing our utmost to save the Muslims from its threat. Nice how they returned the favor, eh?

A sociopath is a sociopath is a sociopath, and just because folks choose to cloak it in a religious framework does not mean it's any less disgusting or insidious. "Oh, well, that's all just a misinterpretation by extremist clerics". My ass it is! It's tolerated and quietly supported, and sometimes not so quietly. I remember those Palestinians dancing in the streets on 9/11, even if the media seems to have buried that footage where it's not likely to see the light of day ever again. Someday something awful is gonna happen on their turf, and I plan to seek out some news cameras, so I can dance right back at 'em. Sauce for the goose...

What's all this got to do with whales. Not much, I agree.

But when the media starts gushing over the unjust plight of the poor mistreated Congolese, it'd be nice to be able to say, "Yep, told ya so."

I don't favor vacationing in Africa. They eat folks there...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've never seen a recipe with whale meat, I reckon it's a bit gamey.</div></div>

How to cook a whale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like all despots, Castro took power because he thought he knew what the country needed far better than the voting electorate.</div></div>

I wondered where the current crop of politicos studied.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Folks sometime speak of 'stolen revolutions', where the idealists do all the blood work and the politicos hijack the outcome. Cuba? Castro? Naaahh! He knew what he was doing all the way from then to now.

Society believes in giving sociopaths second chances. Essentially what they are accomplishing is the enablement of terrorism and oppression; and it's terrorism and oppression that has some experience behind it. Whale Wars is a perfect example of A) the double standard the media exercises, and B), the PETA domination behind Animal Planet Network.

On a wider horizon, The UN is stirring the pot again, with new reports that Congolese ethnics were killed (and eaten) by invading Rwandan troops.

Wait til the media gets that solidly between their teeth. I am mindful of the heartrending accounts of mortared marketplaces in the Balkans. Though the media seems to have lost interest, I believe we're still sending troops there several decades later. If I remember correctly, they seem to have championed the idea that the ethnic Muslims were our friends there. Right. Ethnic cleansing was so terrible back then and were were doing our utmost to save the Muslims from its threat. Nice how they returned the favor, eh?

A sociopath is a sociopath is a sociopath, and just because folks choose to cloak it in a religious framework does not mean it's any less disgusting or insidious. "Oh, well, that all just a misinterpretation by extremist clerics". My ass it is! It's tolerated and quietly supported, and sometimes not so quietly. I remember those Palestinians dancing in the streets on 9/11, even if the media seems to have buried that footage where it's not likely to see the light of day ever again. Someday something awful is gonna happen on their turf, and I plan to seek out some news cameras, so I can dance right back at 'em. Sauce for the goose...

What's all this got to do with whales. Not much, I agree.

But when the media starts gushing over the unjust plight of the poor mistreated Congolese, it'd be nice to be able to say, "Yep, told ya so."

I don't favor vacationing in Africa. They eat folks there...

Greg</div></div>

Che, my friend, that is enlightenment.

Well gents, feelings tend to run pretty strong down here in Oz on this particular subject - Japanese whaling, not Che Guevara, that is (he seems like a bit of a tool, both the guy here and the one who got his head blown off). A lot of people here are against whaling it and I'm one of them. Seems a bit ironic since we (and I) shoot the animals on our coat-of-arms (kangaroo and emu) and we used to be a whaling nation (I spent my childhood in a southern coastal town that had a whaling station). The reasons are pretty much a combination of the following:

1. The excuse of 'scientific whaling' is bare-faced bullshit. They should have the balls to own up to the fact that the only thing they do with the meat is eat it.
2. The waters in which the whaling is conducted is laid claim to by Australia, and no-one likes people going for a swim in their pool without permission. Our weak arse government persists in doing nothing about it, and the Japanese thumb their noses and carry on. Both these things really get our blood up.
3. There are some long-standing hangovers in relation to Japanese behaviour during WWII, particularly in relation to treatment of Aussie, Commonwealth and U.S POWs, which won't ever be forgotten. They don't have to push very hard to make us want to fix bayonets.
4. We're brought up on a diet of conservation here, and marine conservation (which in no way should be read as greenie environmentalism) is regarded as pretty important.

It's a bag full of contradictions but there you have it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well gents, feelings tend to run pretty strong down here in Oz on this particular subject - Japanese whaling, not Che Guevara, that is (he seems like a bit of a tool, both the guy here and the one who got his head blown off). A lot of people here are against whaling it and I'm one of them. Seems a bit ironic since we (and I) shoot the animals on our coat-of-arms (kangaroo and emu) and we used to be a whaling nation (I spent my childhood in a southern coastal town that had a whaling station). The reasons are pretty much a combination of the following:

1. The excuse of 'scientific whaling' is bare-faced bullshit. They should have the balls to own up to the fact that the only thing they do with the meat is eat it.
2. The waters in which the whaling is conducted is laid claim to by Australia, and no-one likes people going for a swim in their pool without permission. Our weak arse government persists in doing nothing about it, and the Japanese thumb their noses and carry on. Both these things really get our blood up.
3. There are some long-standing hangovers in relation to Japanese behaviour during WWII, particularly in relation to treatment of Aussie, Commonwealth and U.S POWs, which won't ever be forgotten. They don't have to push very hard to make us want to fix bayonets.
4. We're brought up on a diet of conservation here, and marine conservation (which in no way should be read as greenie environmentalism) is regarded as pretty important.

It's a bag full of contradictions but there you have it.

</div></div>

Well rationed, thanks for the perspective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The waters in which the whaling is conducted is laid claim to by Australia, and no-one likes people going for a swim in their pool without permission.</div></div>

This is the only part of your post I take to task. About 30 years ago a certain fellow in Tripoli claimed a 12 mile extension of its territorial waters in the Gulf of Sidra. Didn't work out too well for him.

Fair play to you. There's a legal conflict over the issue which may or may not ever be resolved but I can't see any government here growing the stones to force an outcome, so it instead remains a bit of a festering sore. I guess we should take some comfort that we're not flying solo when it comes to maritime territorial disputes - plenty of those around the world.

Interestingly, we do go after poachers of certain fish types in waters we claim as our own - patagonian toothfish for example. A few years back one of our customs vessels pursued a poaching vessel all the way to Afica. Go figure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Fidel Castro leads a regime equally as oppressive as Batista's was.It may have started in order to improve the lives of the people,but,in the end he turned out to be as power hungry as his foe.Why has he held all the power since he overthrew that regime?Because he too is a Coward and has every reason to fear reprisals.

According to the Taliban,we are oppressing them,and yes,they are cowards who use women and children to further their cause.They also believe in their cause.Doesn't make it right.

As far as looking down the barrel of an aggressive foe and him pulling the trigger,stupid question,I'm still here Hippy.

Nut Up and join those Eco-Freaks on the high seas if you are man enough.I'm done arguing with an Illiterate,Commie Loving,Granola Munching Hippy for now. </div></div>

Sandrat , you should learn to read properly -I never said Mr Guevara was correct in his actions and didnt do bad things , I just questioned your calling him cowardly . I am certainly against Fidel and never mentioned him yet you proceeded to band stand how bad he is ?? wtf for no argument here ?
I wrote of you saying not questioning -more likely the words of an ignorant man that hasn't had to look down the barrel of an aggressive foe's gun-who did actually pull the trigger . -off to school again for you Sandrat for the ?? statement below

Yeah , I prefer eating good wholesome food than twinkies and cheese whip pal -Im still not a hippie and your still a cracker

Appologies to the few reasonable people on the thread for being animated about this subject but being the odd man out with your beliefs can leave the spot light on you -but there ya go

The Preist saying Im a bit of a tool -not cool bro! More like a suck up to be accepted by those that disagree with save the whales .Your statements were good on there own let that be your strength . I will excuse it as your probably still sore that we canned the shit out of the Wallabies yet again!!! Mind you we do have a spy on your side tho eh!lol

Mr Greg Langelius -yes the media are out right shocking in the way manipulate the people -for good or bad rather than a balanced perspective - sadly though I wonder though if this is just a weakness of the human condition for which we all suffer

8/27 Episode

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h4everything</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I missed last night. What happened? </div></div>

It's leading up to the season premiere episode when they will show and speak with Pete about his BS in Japan court system.

It showed how Pete boarded the Neasonmaru and handing the demands over to someone. It contained him stating he was arresting the captain and for him to come back to NZ and speak with authorities.

I guess we will hear more but it was BS as the other Japanese sailors I am sure said FU !! get outa here ! then threw his ass in the brig !

He certainly has balls doing what he did and what a hard ass getting on board the ship with out anyone catching him..

Way to go Pete..

Stay tuned.

Re: 8/27 Episode

I watched the finally, the reaction of the the Japanese sailor's face when Pete Bethune knocked on the door to the bridge was classic. He waved him away, on a boat, he waved him away like he was on land, freaking hilarious. It was the Japanese Security boat he snuck onto also. Retards all the way around. Supposedly they are going to to show a Pete Bethune special, looks like he did 120 days in a Japanese prison.

No one here has advocated to wholesale slaughter of whales. Many of us “enlightened” people have simply put forth a reasonable argument for the conservation of whales, not preservation as the hippies would like to see. Conservation being a thoroughly tested and documented way to achieve the goals of said hippies. Namely, saving the whales.

In doing approximately 15 seconds worth of research on the Minke whale, the Japs main target, I learned that they are listed as a species of Least Concern by the International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List or IUCN Red List for short. This list is the world standard on the status of a species.

Least Concern means:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near
Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
</div></div>

Interestingly, the white tail deer is also of “Least Concern.”

So riddle me this: When the IVPs are done with the whales, why wouldn’t they come after the deer?

And does anyone stop to think that the actions of the whale whores only embolden the likes of PETA?

I guess not everyone can see the writing on the wall.

I will say Pete has some balls. Think he knocked the bottom out of the short haired blond before he left? She seemed rather upset during the whole thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one here has advocated to wholesale slaughter of whales. Many of us “enlightened” people have simply put forth a reasonable argument for the conservation of whales, not preservation as the hippies would like to see. Conservation being a thoroughly tested and documented way to achieve the goals of said hippies. Namely, saving the whales.

In doing approximately 15 seconds worth of research on the Minke whale, the Japs main target, I learned that they are listed as a species of Least Concern by the International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List or IUCN Red List for short. This list is the world standard on the status of a species.

Least Concern means:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near
Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
</div></div>

Interestingly, the white tail deer is also of “Least Concern.”

So riddle me this: When the IVPs are done with the whales, why wouldn’t they come after the deer?

And does anyone stop to think that the actions of the whale whores only embolden the likes of PETA?

I guess not everyone can see the writing on the wall.

I will say Pete has some balls. Think he knocked the bottom out of the short haired blond before he left? She seemed rather upset during the whole thing.
</div></div>
I have no idea how powerful PETA is in the USA they certainly sound as though they would ban killing everything down the the garden veggies .You in the USA have such a strong gun lobby and I am sure the money to afford your own forms media to attack those that would slowly erode shooters rights -collective efforts by shooters for shooters as long as your united -its keeping united that seems to be hard .I heard a Hunter , not a shooter on the radio agreeing with the media host that semi auto rifles were not needed and why "should" we have them-. The exact kind of media fed person that is dangerous for our civil rights as fire arms owners . Our police here try to impose their own rules on us that are not laws of this country and some arms owners have had them taken to court to stop their constant harrasment -this is about the simple pistol grip-a simple handle ,way to dangerous for the public .Then we have DOC a government department that if they could would wipe out introduced species and stop hunters collecting game and in turn reduce overall gun ownership -sneaky bastards.The problem as I see it with harvesting whales is that many unscrupulous counties will abuse it and push many species of whales to the brink -its the way man is