• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What do you guys think of this remington 700?

Check out some of the other things he has sold and look at his rating

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It has a J lock bolt. First order of business would be to send the bolt to a gunsmith to rid yourself of that "feature." The trigger is a old school style remington, which is good. Have it tuned up. Bipod is on the long side and it looks like a Harris imitation; sling is cheap. Scope and rings would suit a hunting vs. a tactical setup. It's hard to judge the barrel contour and stock type from the picture. The stock may be a HS Precision, but usually they have two fore end swivel studs. FDE cerakote is a good base coat because you can krylon your own pattern to suit the environment, and the cerakote will remain on when you decide to change the krylon for a different environment.

Bottom line, send the bolt and trigger to a gunsmith to get worked and you should have a pretty good entry platform.

That is a 700 Varmint Synthetic rifle. I have the same gun. I got mine around 2002. Yes it has the old style trigger, and that is an HS Precision varmint style stock. It should be a shooter if the barrel is fresh. Mine is a hammer. I paid $760.00 for mine when new. I did replace the Jlock myself with a Brownells unit. Hope this helps.