• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

which "big gun"?

Jason Wells

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2010
Staunton VA
Guys, I'm calling on those of you with experience in the bigger guns, specifically the 50BMG. I've been wanting one for awhile and was going to get on later this year, with the events happening lately my time frame has been moved up, problem is supply! I was wanting an Armalite AR50A1 but am having a hard time finding one, got one on the hook- used gun with Nightforce 8X32X50 for 6,000- lil more than I want to spend now, found a naked Barret 99 in 50BMG used for 4,700- too much for a used gun, another 99 in 416 Barret used for 3200. Cost makes the choice obvious but I am not that familiar with the 416. I'm getting started reloading but am not ready to load these big guys yet so I'd be shooting factory ammo for awhile. Any insight would be appreciated, starting to think maybe I should get a 338 Lap and be done with it, probably more practical- I don't have anywhere to shoot past 1,000 yards anyhow.

Re: which "big gun"?

Well you can get a Barrett 99 32" at gunbuyingclub.com for 3229.72. Thats where i got mine, call and ask for Mike Young very nice person. I sure like mine and i'm a Lefty and it works great for me.
Brass can be found at: buckhornbrass.com...979-705-6842

Statearms right here in Wi builds an awesome shell older style action. They are built like tanks, old world craftsmanship and Larry the owner is a hell of a guy. This past fall I took a third place in Heavy gun in Alliance Nebraska at the 1000 yrd competition. Another State Arms rifle took a first and a second in Heavy and Unlimited. Oh, very fair on price too. Check em out http://www.statearms.com/

Hey Jason,
I bought my son a Barrett M99 2 years ago of Sturmgewehr.com it was used with 10 rounds through it paid $3100. Great gun like new big bang, I've kind of kept a look out to see if I could have beat the price only saw one other cheaper. The post above this one that mentions a Barrett for $3200 is a good deal. This year for Christmas I bought him a Savage BA 110 in 338 Lapua, NightForce scope, paid $1750 for gun brand new and $1800 for scope that was a demo. My sons favorite gun, I think the Lapua shoots flatter than the 50. The 50 has more sex appeal, 50 ammo is cheaper than the Lapua,
The cheap Lapua will run you $40 for a box of 10, the 50 will run you $25 for box of 10
Both great guns. You might keep a look our on Sturmgewehr they do show up on there occasionally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Jason,
I bought my son a Barrett M99 2 years ago of Sturmgewehr.com it was used with 10 rounds through it paid $3100. Great gun like new big bang, I've kind of kept a look out to see if I could have beat the price only saw one other cheaper. The post above this one that mentions a Barrett for $3200 is a good deal. This year for Christmas I bought him a Savage BA 110 in 338 Lapua, NightForce scope, paid $1750 for gun brand new and $1800 for scope that was a demo. My sons favorite gun, I think the Lapua shoots flatter than the 50. The 50 has more sex appeal, 50 ammo is cheaper than the Lapua,
The cheap Lapua will run you $40 for a box of 10, the 50 will run you $25 for box of 10
Both great guns. You might keep a look our on Sturmgewehr they do show up on there occasionally. </div></div>

Adopt me.