• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Chassis-looking for experience

lush_dawg

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Apr 7, 2019
    Hey all…I know this is completely subjective but I need some thoughts and experiences. I am in need of a new chassis for a build I’m completing. Ive had a Whiskey 3 and a Comp BA…thinking about getting an ACC for this one but don’t like being a chassis whore. Whose had experiences with each, pros/coms versus the others…

If the purpose of the build is competition and/or range, and you're ok with the available grip options (the one thing I'm not fully a fan of with them), then the ACC is probably the king of the hill these days, go for it.

Might want to consider an American Rifle Co. Xylo. I’ve owned a Matrix and ACC, and the Xylo is considerably better than those.

Reactions: lush_dawg
    What do ya mean you don't want to be a gear whore? Thats the whole reason we are all here!!!!

SO many great options out there right now.... You really need to pick use and features and go from there. I've got a lot of different ones and they all do their own thing, but they don't all fit the same body types. The Xylo is pretty amazing and more functional than it looks, and I'm actually really digging the Magpul Pro as well from an adjustability standpoint. I don't want to be hindered in extreme temps either hot or cold so I prefer something with polymer where I interface.

If you are strictly looking at the competition side of things the top shooters are running what they are for a reason.

What do ya mean you don't want to be a gear whore? Thats the whole reason we are all here!!!!

SO many great options out there right now.... You really need to pick use and features and go from there. I've got a lot of different ones and they all do their own thing, but they don't all fit the same body types. The Xylo is pretty amazing and more functional than it looks, and I'm actually really digging the Magpul Pro as well from an adjustability standpoint. I don't want to be hindered in extreme temps either hot or cold so I prefer something with polymer where I interface.

If you are strictly looking at the competition side of things the top shooters are running what they are for a reason.
    CA782C69-332A-4B07-90C4-FD17F9B168B9.gif

Reactions: Long Range 338
    Where are all the fanboys? I can't believe nobody has chimed in to tell us the "ABC" or "XYZ" is the best ever.... I will say that I've not tried any of the newer chassis (except the Xylo) that take the weight kits. I prefer field style shooting but in the PRS matches I've attended the MDT and MPA have been well represented.

Reactions: lush_dawg
    Get you a magpul. All the cool guys have magpul

I run MPA and XLR, but have always been drawn to the JP APAC and XYLO, never tried em.
    Gonna hold off on stocks until the LH AIAT-X Chassis drops, so, like, 2025 :cool: 🦄 :coffee:

Reactions: Stoweit
    I have not shot nor handled very many options but I'll recommend MDT and XLR as I'm running those components and I'm frankly very pleased with them.

MDT seems straight ahead designed and their customer service and pleasant helpful participation here at SH are reason enough for me to use their chassis and accessories.

VooDoo

I run XLR’s but have tried most others.
    Really all the common ones are GTG.
    Just make a list of the features you want, investigate the customer service and buy accordingly.
    Your choice won’t be holding you back.
    The Xylo and KRG really felt good to me but the MDT and MPA are great as well.

Here is another very well made chassis from Finnland available from GCP Rifle Co. in Florida.

I just got one for a Vudoo three 60 and like it a lot. Plan on comparing it to my acc by switching the Vudoo, RimX and Origin between the two a see what’s preferably better for me.

They also make chassis parts for Sako and KRG