• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who does Bolt Knobs for CZ's?!!!

That one is just 6061 Aluminum, wouldn't be hard to make some out of steel. I think when I start making my knobs I am going to anodize the batch of them to make them a bit harder. I have been running a plain Aluminum on my personal CZ for quite some time now and no issues!

Ben

I was asked if doing left handed bolts were possible...................

Why yes.....
LEFTNRIGHTBOLTZ_zpsff3c81cc.jpg

Which vortex scope is that on your rifle? Thanks

Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP (MOA). Perfect for this project IMO ... Glass is really nice and adjustments are precise for an $800 piece. Wish it were Mil as I have switched on all my big boy rifles but really all I am doing is going from a zero (at 50 yards) up 20 clicks (IIRC) for 100 yards.

Charlie (El Gordo) recently did a CZ453 bolt for me. Excellent work, communication, and timeliness. I needed it in time for a family shoot and he made it happen. Everyone that had time behind the trigger mentioned how much they liked the new, larger knob over the factory CZ. I can't recommend him enough.

The work you guys are doing is outstanding. Why couldn't CZ just thread the bolt handle rather then using a handle that looks like it came off a .22?

Any chance someone can mod my bolt handle for me? It's off a brand new .17 Lilja barreled 455 Tacticool

The work you guys are doing is outstanding. Why couldn't CZ just thread the bolt handle rather then using a handle that looks like it came off a .22?

Any chance someone can mod my bolt handle for me? It's off a brand new .17 Lilja barreled 455 Tacticool

Sent you a PM.

Ben

Gordo or bennie please im me about the bolt knob mod. I am about to pick up a 455 in 17 hmr and this would help out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I got bored one night and decided to use the same technique I used on my Remington bolts. I soon realized that the CZ bolt handles are extremely hard, so I used a bench grinder to remove the required material enough so that I could thread the stub where the knob use to be. It doesn't look seamless as El Gordo's, but it does look as good as my Rem bolts and is very functional also. I don't have my camera here or I'd post a pic. But instead, here's a pic of one of my Rem bolt jobs after a slight contouring of the square handle's edges.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    720.3 KB · Views: 18
Charlie (El Gordo 2),
Thanks for the quick turn around, great communication and high quality work on the bolt that I sent you. Couldn't be happier with it. Will be getting the bolt for my Rem700 off to you shortly. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of talent on here. Would like to do my share and give MSCOTT a shout out on the super clean work he did on my bolt, along with DJDILLIODON for his contribution on the trigger guard. I believe you guys do some nice work....what do you think?

Attachments

• DSC_0297.jpg
    DSC_0297.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0299.jpg
    DSC_0299.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0300.jpg
    DSC_0300.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0301.jpg
    DSC_0301.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Another Fan

I'm belatedly offering kudos to El Gordo2 for his excellent work on my 455 bolt knob. He promised a very quick turn-around. And despite challenges he faced due to the hardness of the metal, and voids, and after investment of substantial, unforeseen time involved, Charlie shipped my bolt handle timely, and completed in a highly satisfactory manner. Again, Charlie, thanks again for a rewarding transaction with a craftsman and a gentleman.

I'm belatedly offering kudos to El Gordo2 for his excellent work on my 455 bolt knob. He promised a very quick turn-around. And despite challenges he faced due to the hardness of the metal, and voids, and after investment of substantial, unforeseen time involved, Charlie shipped my bolt handle timely, and completed in a highly satisfactory manner. Again, Charlie, thanks again for a rewarding transaction with a craftsman and a gentleman.
+1

Thanks to Mscott, he custom made me a knob he doesn't even normally sell. I like a more cone shaped bolt knob (Phoenix Custom Rifles Marksmen Knob for the R700). I sent mscott a picture and he had me one made next day.

Can't say enough good about the guy, great work and just a nice guy.

amy4u9ut.jpg

tuquse5e.jpg

cz 455 bolt knob upgrade

El gordo, I am seriously considering one of your awesome bolt knob upgrades and was just wondering what the cost would be and what I would need to do to get one of these done.. Thanks..

Got mine back from the guy who does my threading.

First "tactical" knob. Seems to work great. Need to go shoot it.

Attachments

• IMG_0666_zpsb33d72d4.jpg
    IMG_0666_zpsb33d72d4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0664_zps8df360f0.jpg
    IMG_0664_zps8df360f0.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0665_zpsbd870d3d.jpg
    IMG_0665_zpsbd870d3d.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0663_zpsba6e68c6.jpg
    IMG_0663_zpsba6e68c6.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 20
BenY 2013 did one of his bolt knobs for my CZ. VERY nice work. And reasonable turn around.