• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why is it always pitt bulls?

as I was baiting another deer stand site on the other side of the ranch.

So they let you bait deer hunting areas there?
Around here they tend to get really pissy about that kind of thing for just about any game animals, even if you own the property, if your putting out food anywhere near hunting season.

• Wow
Reactions: BCP and jff_stvns
Around here they tend to get really pissy about that kind of thing for just about any game animals, even if you own the property, if your putting out food anywhere near hunting season.
That's about the only way to hunt around here, land is flat and trees are sparse. Perfectly legal in my neck of the woods.

Some will 100% believe it is a "nurture" and has nothing to do with nature, or breed traits...but then why are some breeds so common in a role? They were bred around the necessary traits for a specific job, and have the beneficial health and temperament characteristics.

Yes, you will have outliers...especially with shitty breeding and training. That's why many more golden retrievers are biting these days.

However, breeds like pit bulls were developed for a reason, and that genetic trait will always be present, even of it is suppressed 99.9% of the time.
Indeed, pointers point and retrievers retrieve, we have sight dogs and scent dogs and yet suddenly fighting dogs have no genetic behavioural traits?
Pit bulls and staffys were bred for dog fighting, that doesn’t necessarily make the breeds unsuitable as pets but shouldn’t be discounted either.
With unknown bloodlines and retarded modern day people, a breed that has a dangerous reputation can be a bit of a shitshow.

What? They bait deer all over texas. There's literally a deer bait feeder brand called "Texas Hunter" lmao.

Here you go, it's even Texas sized lol.

• Haha
Reactions: MtnCreek
Indeed, pointers point and retrievers retrieve, we have sight dogs and scent dogs and yet suddenly fighting dogs have no genetic behavioural traits?
Pit bulls and staffys were bred for dog fighting, that doesn’t necessarily make the breeds unsuitable as pets but shouldn’t be discounted either.
With unknown bloodlines and retarded modern day people, a breed that has a dangerous reputation can be a bit of a shitshow.

pinscher means biter in German

Terriers and weenie dogs were designed to kill anything their size or smaller

GSDs Akitas Catahoulas etc we’re all trained to attack or hunt as well

Etc etc, tons of other dogs outside from pits have a good size prey drive too, just not the same stigma, people getting bent out of shape over a pit, to me it’s the same as those who freak out about ARs as “weapons of war” and all that BS

Lol.

Funny side note.

The pit was originally bred to be a guard dog for the children when the families were away.

Now of course this was quite a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
No it wasn’t. The Nanny Dog thing is bullshit. They were bred for fighting. Ratting and Dog Fighting used to be huge sports.
WRONG!

This was well before that.

Pit Bull Origin​

While the precise origins of the current American Pit Bull Terrier remain in dispute, with different historians favoring similar but not identical accounts of the past, a few elements seem beyond doubt. The original “bulldog,” used primarily for boar hunting as well as companion and guarding purposes, appears in paintings dating back as far as the 1500s.

These dogs look remarkably similar to today’s pit bull. They were given the name “bull dogs” because when the horrible sport of bull baiting became popular, they were by far the dog best suited to this purpose.

Once bull baiting was outlawed in England in 1835, its promoters began looking for new means of profit. They turned to ratting and dog fighting.

1500’s

When not used for hunting they were family guard dogs. Where do you think the parents were in the 1500’s? Not at home but out working.

Here is some more.

From this selective breeding came a dog that possessed a fierce prey drive, but was exceptionally people friendly. The Irish version of the pit was actually known as the “Old Family Dog,” because it was considered the perfect family pet, known to be especially good with children.”

Unfortuantely, there is no real answer to this issue. The problem could somewhat be fixed if Mom's and Grandmas didnt own these dogs. Ive dealt with a ton of APBT's for the good and the bad. Like working dogs, if you dont know what you could possibly be getting and how to handle it, probably shouldn't get one.

I had a female english mastiff who was leery of men until she warmed up to them - never defensive or anything, would just always stand next to me and look back and forth judging my reaction. 100% fine with women.

Lost her 2 years ago to bloat, and it was an awful damn shame. She wasn’t good for anything but being lazy, but bless her heart she was sweet.

Edit: this probably belongs in the “man’s best friend” thread or whatever, but I’ll pay the dog tax as others have. English mastiff and the pit mix I mentioned earlier that got harassed by a pack of labs.
Odd, my wolfdogs warm up to women and kids but are stand offish with males.

If Pit bulls were "bred for nanny dogs" or whatever that bullshit claim is, it really doesn't hold water anyways. These are the same people who radiated people to death to cure headaches and burned people at the stake because someone accused them of being a witch. They fed their kids rat shit as medication and on and on and on.

Standing on their shoulders as evidence of the origin of a breed is ridiculous. Of course none of them are around to ask, and that idea is really recent revisionist history based on a few sketchy paintings and a hell of a pile of conclusion leaping. Math doesn't lie though. They are about 500 times more likely to maim or kill than any other breed. I'm confused why anyone would even debate this. It reminds me of the pro weed people that claim that it cures cancer and saves children's lives. Just stop, you want to get high, just be honest. You want a big muscled up dog for whatever reason you want it, stop pretending it's because you want them to nuzzle your 2 year old in the crib and they are just victims of the media, it's bullshit. 100% bullshit.

TLDR

I’m assuming more history denier and pearl clutching.

My son has a dog that they got from the pound as a rescue dog. He's part Rhodesian ridgeback and who knows what but sure looks like he has some pit in him. He had him over at our house a few weeks ago and the dog bit our 9 year old grandson when I brought him home from school. Wasn't too bad but I was ready to shoot that fricking dog. My son had him at a training school about a year ago but that dog is just very aggressive, big and strong. He will never be around our grandkids again.

My son has a dog that they got from the pound as a rescue dog. He's part Rhodesian ridgeback and who knows what but sure looks like he has some pit in him. He had him over at our house a few weeks ago and the dog bit our 9 year old grandson when I brought him home from school. Wasn't too bad but I was ready to shoot that fricking dog. My son had him at a training school about a year ago but that dog is just very aggressive, big and strong. He will never be around our grandkids again.

You can get a quick DNA test for the dog to determine what breeds they are a mix of.

The Rhodesian Ridgebacks I've been involved with have a very high prey drive but tend to be very good with people and fine with children, assuming they weren't like barging in the house without knocking. (But these were all house raised, house trained dogs that were well socialized with people.) They don't however like other dogs much or cats.

The DNA expert is back. Now telling us statistics don't lie. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2222244444.jpg

Throwing out corn by hand sounds so redneck...

Deer don't come to feeders much where I'm at...too many dudes coming up to hunt around here that make noise and smell...and they all use feeders with big conspicuous stands right next to them.

History denier?

DNA expert?

You pair of mouth breathers are literally arguing that the dog breed responsible for over 80% of fatal attacks worldwide is getting a bad rap.

I can't imagine how low your IQ's would have to be to make those statements?
Reading comp must be hard for you. 😒

Reading comp must be hard for you. 😒

Cognitive dissonance is difficult for me to understand. It's a trait that I can't relate to. It's like people who marry strippers and think that their stripper won't start blowing truckers for meth again because "she has a good heart", or whatever you guys tell each other.

Coincidentally, that's the same crowd that have neck tattoos and a trailer full of pit bulls.

Maybe I just broke the code.

It's like people who marry strippers and think that their stripper won't start blowing truckers for meth again because "she has a good heart"
This sounds to be the voice of experience speaking.

Did you have something you wanted to share with the group. A trouble from your past that you struggle with?

Pit Bull Origin​

While the precise origins of the current American Pit Bull Terrier remain in dispute, with different historians favoring similar but not identical accounts of the past, a few elements seem beyond doubt. The original “bulldog,” used primarily for boar hunting as well as companion and guarding purposes, appears in paintings dating back as far as the 1500s.

These dogs look remarkably similar to today’s pit bull. They were given the name “bull dogs” because when the horrible sport of bull baiting became popular, they were by far the dog best suited to this purpose.

Once bull baiting was outlawed in England in 1835, its promoters began looking for new means of profit. They turned to ratting and dog fighting.

1500’s

When not used for hunting they were family guard dogs. Where do you think the parents were in the 1500’s? Not at home but out working.

Here is some more.

From this selective breeding came a dog that possessed a fierce prey drive, but was exceptionally people friendly. The Irish version of the pit was actually known as the “Old Family Dog,” because it was considered the perfect family pet, known to be especially good with children.”

You're regurgitating a 1980s argument that was spewed by Canadian morons when some town wanted to ban pitbulls. It's pants-on-head retarded, right up there with people who think they can ride on a comet when they die and the guys who hunt sasquatch.

Look if you want to own a pitbull, if you like pitbulls, that's fine. Just don't be surprised if not everybody shares your opinion or wants to hug your dog or whatever lol.

You're regurgitating a 1980s argument that was spewed by Canadian morons when some town wanted to ban pitbulls. It's pants-on-head retarded, right up there with people who think they can ride on a comet when they die and the guys who hunt sasquatch.

Look if you want to own a pitbull, if you like pitbulls, that's fine. Just don't be surprised if not everybody shares your opinion or wants to hug your dog or whatever lol.
WTF is wrong with hunting Sasquatch?

• Haha
Reactions: GreenGO Juan

Nice guess but no.

Another history denier.

Must be tough not having history on your side.

Hmm 9eh?

Did you grandson do anything to the dog?

One thing I have noticed is many parents don’t teach their kids to respect animals, I’ve seen little kids smack dogs and the like, never cared when they got bit, figured if the birthers don’t want to teach the kid a dog at some point will

I had some kid at a airport ask he he could pet my dog, “sure” he pets him then proceeds to grab his ears as hard as he can, my dog jumps back, mom just giggled, I did tell her that if he does that with the wrong dog he won’t have a face anymore, doubt she grasped the concept

LOL np what's next for an encore, the Earth is flat?
How about you put forth a little effort and actually look into the breed prior to the early 1800’s. Or you can remain ignorant of the actually history and hang onto your scary “facts”.

Either way. Its been plainly laid out by others in this thread the how and why of the reputation they are perceived to have.

How about you put forth a little effort and actually look into the breed prior to the early 1800’s. Or you can remain ignorant of the actually history and hang onto your scary “facts”.

Either way. It been plainly laid out by other in this thread the how and why of the reputation they are perceived to have.
I wonder why they didn't breed sheep dogs to have 40k lbs of bite force? They were actually trained to protect, and they do it admirably.

I guess guys were standing around looking at dogs that actually protect people and herds, and they thought: "shit man, what we should do is breed some moronic imbred dogs with huge stupid jaws into these working dogs. Dogs with erratic behavior and strong prey drives, you know, because our kids aren't being attacked often enough, and now that I think about it, hundreds of years of faithful service really doesn't mean anything when you can get dogs with horrible senses of smell, hearing, eyesight and judgement to watch over out children".

Makes plenty of sense to me.

• Haha
Reactions: ken226
Hey look Fat’s. You can’t deny the science. The razor was rusty from the rain barrel you see. That’s how I got my three degrees. I love my son. He’s a goid boy that has turned his life around. Where’s Jackie?

• Haha
Reactions: 232593
I wonder why they didn't breed sheep dogs to have 40k lbs of bite force? They were actually trained to protect, and they do it admirably.

I guess guys were standing around looking at dogs that actually protect people and herds, and they thought: "shit man, what we should do is breed some moronic imbred dogs with huge stupid jaws into these working dogs. Dogs with erratic behavior and strong prey drives, you know, because our kids aren't being attacked often enough, and now that I think about it, hundreds of years of faithful service really doesn't mean anything when you can get dogs with horrible senses of smell, hearing, eyesight and judgement to watch over out children".

I have a sheepdog, he’s not designed to protect as much as keep all the other animals together

Sheep dogs are a long ways from hunting dogs and protective dogs

The a pit is scary, go find a Akita and try to attack it’s owner

Great Pyrenees

Sheep dog-guardian bite force up to 500 psi

Pit bull bite force 242 psi.

https://www.fluffydogbreeds.com/great-pyrenees-bite-force/

https://puppytoob.com/bite-force-of-a-pit-bull/

Man facts suck.

Last edited:

Not everything you are saying is wrong, but 40K is ridiculous. Being honest, i dont know if you were using hyperbole or if you really thought a dog of any breed had 40k PSI of bite force but an APBT has about 235 PSI. A jaguar has about 1,500 PSI bite.

And a few herding dogs actually have a stronger bite force than the APBT, i.e. The GSD, Rottweiler, and Kangal.

Like i said, if you were using hyperbole, then i get it.

Not everything you are saying is wrong, but 40K is ridiculous. Being honest, i dont know if you were using hyperbole or if you really thought a dog of any breed had 40k PSI of bite force but an APBT has about 235 PSI. A jaguar has about 1,500 PSI bite.

And a few herding dogs actually have a stronger bite force than the APBT, i.e. The GSD, Rottweiler, and Kangal.

Like i said, if you were using hyperbole, then i get it.
Yeah, just hyperbole, I don't think a saltwater croc and a hyena together could get halfway to 40k lbs. The points I make are lost on the trailer park boys. (Not calling you a trailer park boy, they know who they are).

My point was that they had dogs that worked as protectors for hundreds of years before they cooked up those fat headed disasters, and unless they were trying to design a dog to maul children, they gained nothing from the guard dogs that they already had.

Yeah, just hyperbole, I don't think a saltwater croc and a hyena together could get halfway to 40k lbs. The points I make are lost on the trailer park boys. (Not calling you a trailer park boy, they know who they are).

My point was that they had dogs that worked as protectors for hundreds of years before they cooked up those fat headed disasters, and unless they were trying to design a dog to maul children, they gained nothing from the guard dogs that they already had.
Which guard dogs from the 1500’s are you referring to? Or 1600’s. Maybe 1700’s?

Or did you want to keep it broad based and factless?

Some will 100% believe it is a "nurture" and has nothing to do with nature, or breed traits...but then why are some breeds so common in a role? They were bred around the necessary traits for a specific job, and have the beneficial health and temperament characteristics.

Yes, you will have outliers...especially with shitty breeding and training. That's why many more golden retrievers are biting these days.

However, breeds like pit bulls were developed for a reason, and that genetic trait will always be present, even of it is suppressed 99.9% of the time.
To be fair over breeding and inbreeding in shitty parts of town isn’t exactly science.

To be fair over breeding and inbreeding in shitty parts of town isn’t exactly science.

Yup

Don’t want to get attacked by a dog, stay away from people eating gov cheese (ie cops and hoodlums)

That removed 98% of the problem

Either way. Its been plainly laid out by others in this thread the how and why of the reputation they are perceived to have.
That's great pitbulls in 4000bc (hyperbole for the mouth breathers) were teddybears . Tell that to the dead kids. Who gives a shit what a dog in Ireland 500 years ago did or was. It's 2022 and pitbulls are eating people.

Yup

Don’t want to get attacked by a dog, stay away from people eating gov cheese (ie cops and hoodlums)

That removed 98% of the problem
My point was you don’t know where a lot of the dogs come from, a reputable breeder may have more mild mannered animals, but you could very well find a stray that’s a big baby too it’s not a exact science.

I don’t think Pitts have been bred to be aggressive universally in modern days, but plenty have in less than ideal settings by people looking for fighting dogs.

Also people get high drive dogs and lock them inside all day which is the worst shit you can do.

Last edited:
My point was you don’t know where a lot of the dogs come from, a reputable breeder may have more mild mannered animals, but you could very well find a stray that’s a big baby too it’s not a exact science.

I don’t think Pitts have been bred to be aggressive universally, but plenty have in less than ideal settings by people looking for fighting dogs.

Also people get high drive dogs and lock them inside all day which is the worst shit you can do.

It’s like I posted, there is a reason these things almost exclusively happen in the ghetto

That's great pitbulls in 4000bc (hyperbole for the mouth breathers) were teddybears . Tell that to the dead kids. Who gives a shit what a dog in Ireland 500 years ago did or was. It's 2022 and pitbulls are eating people.
So fact based origins and fact based current event both explain the pits and yet you reject both.

I’ll continue when you can actually post something factual.

It's 2022 and pitbulls are eating people.

The fear is rich in this. I actually got a good laugh from it.

Btw. Look at all the guns killing people!!!