• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why the 6.5 CM hate ?

I can see reading the English language is not your strong suit. But putting words in my mouth / creating strawmen is.

"legit, repeatable" /= "all day long" Those are two very differnet things. Most high schoolers would be able to understand the diff.

NEVER SAID I could ALWAYS get 0.36" Also get some 0.50"

The POINT of this thread is to ask why the hate for the 6.5CM.

Discuss that, or MOVE ALONG.

So you are saying none over .5? I thought it was .36 moa not .36". Which is it

Hi,

When 6.5CM shooters try explaining the super natural exterior and interior ballistic attributes but only understand moa scopes.

images.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

No hate for it, but it definitely seems to have a 'fanboy' following - but why not? Proven results, sub-$30 match ammo and reloading components are *usually* readily available. I just never felt like my 260 couldn't do everything it could do, but I reload almost exclusively, so didn't really need the $30 match ammo part.
That said, I have a 6.5PRC on order, because I generally prefer to send projectiles faster/flatter. I judge wind 'fairly well', but I have had wind change RIGHT as I pull the trigger. In those situations, the faster bullet is going to be affected less...

Reactions: garandman
Here is one mans opinion.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is a fantastic cartridge for getting into long range. It has also done a TON of good for the long range community.

Most of us are enthusiasts here. We generally can weed through the bullshit that comes along with hobby shooters and the 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm just glad more people are shooting and we reap the benefits of that.

On the other hand, just because you shoot .375 Blaster Cannon Turbo Special that has to be hand loaded with meteorite shard brass....doesn't make you special or elite.

Here is one mans opinion.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is a fantastic cartridge for getting into long range. It has also done a TON of good for the long range community.

Most of us are enthusiasts here. We generally can weed through the bullshit that comes along with hobby shooters and the 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm just glad more people are shooting and we reap the benefits of that.

On the other hand, just because you shoot .375 Blaster Cannon Turbo Special that has to be hand loaded with meteorite shard brass....doesn't make you special or elite.
I just learned something new; that meteorite shards could be used for brass too. I’ve been using my meteorite shards for projectiles. Very effectively too, I might add.

And yes, I agree that the 6.5 Creedmoor was the right cartridge, in the right place at the right time.

I think social media has created a lot of hype about the 6.5CM. Both good and bad. Everybody online touting it as the perfect rifle for every type of use and as amazing as a laser beam. No doubt it is a great round and the factory support in rifles and ammo lends to its popularity. But... its not magic as it is represented to be and at a certain point people get tired of hearing about it. There are better cartridges out there for specific uses and I think handloaders and specific type shooters get tired of making recommendations for 100 idiots online to just say the 6.5CM is perfect for everything.
Definitely one of the best all around cartridges for general use and great for long range target use. Its a great mix of accuracy, good bc bullets, and mild recoil to make more shooters better.

I just learned something new; that meteorite shards could be used for brass too. I’ve been using my meteorite shards for projectiles. Very effectively too, I might add.

Well, now the cat is out of the bag about meteorite shards!!! C'mon guys quite giving away the secret recipe.

I think social media has created a lot of hype about the 6.5CM. Both good and bad. Everybody online touting it as the perfect rifle for every type of use and as amazing as a laser beam. No doubt it is a great round and the factory support in rifles and ammo lends to its popularity. But... its not magic as it is represented to be and at a certain point people get tired of hearing about it. There are better cartridges out there for specific uses and I think handloaders and specific type shooters get tired of making recommendations for 100 idiots online to just say the 6.5CM is perfect for everything.
Definitely one of the best all around cartridges for general use and great for long range target use. Its a great mix of accuracy, good bc bullets, and mild recoil to make more shooters better.

That's a fair assessment.

tho it seems to me, us super duper knowledgable shooters can just ignore the hype and BS new shooters spout off about. Its goes along with welcoming new shooters into the game. Kinda like HiPoint carbine fans. :)

There's better stuff out there, for sure. But for now, at least, the 6.5CM does what I need.

That's a fair assessment.

tho it seems to me, us super duper knowledgable shooters can just ignore the hype and BS new shooters spout off about. Its goes along with welcoming new shooters into the game. Kinda like HiPoint carbine fans. :)

There's better stuff out there, for sure. But for now, at least, the 6.5CM does what I need.

Definitely. I've recommended the 6.5CM for new shooters. One of my major points of heartburn is when somebody recommends a 300 RUM or something similar to a new shooter. WAY too much gun and the shooter will never practice enough with it to become proficient.

Then after the hour long lie about the 10 barrels and millions of rounds through their gun you see them pull out a brand new shinny RPR, with a Redfield scope (last week at the range).
I just really want to know where you are, because I feel like maybe you were talking to the same guy I ran into at a LGS last year. All sorts of questions regarding internal and external ballistics, going on and on forever, and then finally tops it with declaring that you absolutely need to take coriolis effect into account or you're going to miss at anything past 100 meters.

On a separate note (and open to everyone), "gay tiger"?

Definitely. I've recommended the 6.5CM for new shooters. One of my major points of heartburn is when somebody recommends a 300 RUM or something similar to a new shooter. WAY too much gun and the shooter will never practice enough with it to become proficient.

I would not recommend 6.5 CM to new shooters. ... Unless you are meaning experienced shooters new to the long range game.

To me the long range game requires the ability to hand load your own rounds and find what works in your gun. Thats hardly a "new" shooter...

I just really want to know where you are, because I feel like maybe you were talking to the same guy I ran into at a LGS last year. All sorts of questions regarding internal and external ballistics, going on and on forever, and then finally tops it with declaring that you absolutely need to take coriolis effect into account or you're going to miss at anything past 100 meters.

On a separate note (and open to everyone), "gay tiger"?

Texas. I give it another 2 years till the "wannabe operators" will abandon the 6.5CM for the 6CM or 25CM. Then they will all be knocking the old antiquated 6.5CM.

Hi,

When 6.5CM shooters try explaining the super natural exterior and interior ballistic attributes but only understand moa scopes.

View attachment 7087419

Sincerely,
Theis

I'm thinking maybe if I get a 6.5 creedmoor that maybe my shooting will improve my skill level since I already have some moa scopes ?

I would not recommend 6.5 CM to new shooters. ... Unless you are meaning experienced shooters new to the long range game.

To me the long range game requires the ability to hand load your own rounds and find what works in your gun. Thats hardly a "new" shooter...

You keep getting dumber and dumber. Factory ammo is just as capable as a lot of peoples ammo for the distances the creedmoor is normally shot. It's called grabbing a box or two of the match grade ammo available and seeing what your gun likes. Holy fuck you are dumb. So let's here is magical caliber you would recommend to a "new" shooter...

You keep getting dumber and dumber. Factory ammo is just as capable as a lot of peoples ammo for the distances the creedmoor is normally shot. It's called grabbing a box or two of the match grade ammo available and seeing what your gun likes. Holy fuck you are dumb. So let's here is magical caliber you would recommend to a "new" shooter...

I don't respond to insulting, profane, ugly, arrogant people.

Bug off.

• Haha
Reactions: Macrayn and Bradu
So another words you don't have a response to factory ammo with good bullets, good accuracy and low s.d's all of which are great for long range shooting? Frank better go edit his videos shooting long range with a creedmoor to say hand loaded ammo so he doesn't mislead anyone?‍♂️

Reactions: lash
So another words you don't have a response to factory ammo with good bullets, good accuracy and low s.d's all of which are great for long range shooting? Frank better go edit his videos shooting long range with a creedmoor to say hand loaded ammo so he doesn't mislead anyone?‍♂️

What is it about "I don't waste my time with ppl like you" that is beyond your intellectual capacity? I could respond to your question but OBVIOUSLY no explanation would suffice. You already know everything, and OBVIOUSLY are here to argue and disrupt.

Just wait a couple of years with the introduction of Norma dasher brass and savage prefit barrels chambered in 6 DASHER..

Looking forward to it. That way I can just enjoy my 6.5 CM in peace and quiet. :) Neither fanboys nor haters making all this noise. :)

You telling me this isn't a troll thread? There have been how many discussions on the creedmoor here and every other place on the interwebs so I'm simply having fun. It has been discussed about 6.5 cm being a great round for beginners getting into long range for the simple fact that factory ammo is cheap compared to other calibers and is good enough for long range. I believe you are the one with the ar15 thread with not so great groups and Frank even pointed out it was shooter error which is why I questioned your accuracy claims. That simple. I hear people all the time say how good of shooter they are yet I am always amused when it's time to put your money where your mouth is.

There are better performing calibers that are better than a creedmoor but factory ammo isn't available or is expensive compared to a creedmoor. A lot of times barrel life sucks when compared as well. Since you want a creedmore bashing thread I may as well post this
image.gif

And yes, I agree that the 6.5 Creedmoor was the right cartridge, in the right place at the right time.

The timing was perfect.

I honestly like 6.5 Creedmoor for another reason, I don’t own one.

That reason?
It really sparked the 6.5 trend again which make the 260 cavemen like me happier.

Texas. I give it another 2 years till the "wannabe operators" will abandon the 6.5CM for the 6CM or 25CM. Then they will all be knocking the old antiquated 6.5CM.
Already happening! From blog cowboys to those who were already sore that their beloved .308 was no longer the darling of the shooting world, it's hate fest season on 6.5 CM. I shoot 6.5 CM, .308, .300WM, and assorted other calibers but I enjoy the 6.5CM because my shoulder that got previously hammered by .308, .300WM, and larger calibers enjoys it more. I have no need to prove anything to anyone anymore, I know where I've been, what I've done, proved to myself what I needed to know and if you want to tell me stories and regal me with your vast knowledge go right ahead. I'm at the point where I enjoy helping new shooters out because the more people get into the sport the more secure our right to keep those investments we all have made into this sport will be. The 6.5 is mild enough, and effective enough to not scare but interest new shooters, even my wife who previously shot my other rifles twice "the first time and the last time" as she informed me after the .300WM; now she loves shooting the 6.5 CM. Happy wife, happy life especially if she has no objections when you tell her "we need another rifle."

Already happening! From blog cowboys to those who were already sore that their beloved .308 was no longer the darling of the shooting world, it's hate fest season on 6.5 CM. I shoot 6.5 CM, .308, .300WM, and assorted other calibers but I enjoy the 6.5CM because my shoulder that got previously hammered by .308, .300WM, and larger calibers enjoys it more. I have no need to prove anything to anyone anymore, I know where I've been, what I've done, proved to myself what I needed to know and if you want to tell me stories and regal me with your vast knowledge go right ahead. I'm at the point where I enjoy helping new shooters out because the more people get into the sport the more secure our right to keep those investments we all have made into this sport will be. The 6.5 is mild enough, and effective enough to not scare but interest new shooters, even my wife who previously shot my other rifles twice "the first time and the last time" as she informed me after the .300WM; now she loves shooting the 6.5 CM. Happy wife, happy life especially if she has no objections when you tell her "we need another rifle."
THIS. x 1000.

Exactly my thots.

Add to that the "operators" who insist THEIR gun / caliber is the mostest bestest thing out there. Cuz they are so tactical.

Last edited:
I like my 6.5.

I dont care if you are too "operator" for it.

I dont need to insult other shooters to feel good about myself. The opinions of such ppl are irrelevant to me.

I like helping new shooters into the game... tho I start truly new shooters with 22rf, not 6.5 CM.

The .22 rimfire, in many variations, has been around since 1845. It has been fired in single shots, bolt actions, semi-autos, Gatling guns, etc. Over 170 years and still the most popular; probably has killed more critters than all the other calibers combined. Let's see where your 6, 6.5, 7.62, etc., is in 150 years! :unsure: Quit your bitchin' and go out and enjoy yourselves no matter what you're shooting.(y)

Besides, the .300 PRC is where it's at now!!!;)

The .22 rimfire, in many variations, has been around since 1845. It has been fired in single shots, bolt actions, semi-autos, Gatling guns, etc. Over 170 years and still the most popular; probably has killed more critters than all the other calibers combined. Let's see where your 6, 6.5, 7.62, etc., is in 150 years! :unsure: Quit your bitchin' and go out and enjoy yourselves no matter what you're shooting.(y)

I' m comfortable with my choices.

Its the need to insult other shooters I dont get.

The only hate I've seen is on FB and hunting forums. A place where everything either starts with 30 cal or ends with magnum and you zero 2" high at a hundred and hold on hair if it's out there a ways.

Simple minds stuck in the mud.

My 300wm used to be sighted in 3 inches high at 100. That gives a 300 yard zero(305 actual according to Strelok Pro). Hold on hair to 450. Farthest harvest I took that way was 517 by rangefinder.

Then I learned a better way.

Reactions: Niles Coyote
I'll need to re-barrel my 30hate soon, but I'm waiting to see what fleshes out with all the recent developments with the 25, 6, 6.5, 7 offerings.

I resisted buying a vehicle with fuel injection for a while, but.....

@1moaoff what are your thoughts??? (You can just respond with a , if you want. I just like the pic in your user ID).

I like my 6.5.

I dont care if you are too "operator" for it.

I dont need to insult other shooters to feel good about myself. The opinions of such ppl are irrelevant to me.

I like helping new shooters into the game... tho I start truly new shooters with 22rf, not 6.5 CM.
If they are too "operator" for 6.5 Creedmoor they must be really "hardcore" because they are more hardcore than USSOCOM which includes tier one Delta and Seal Team Six:
"...Last year SOCOM officials announced that they would replace their 7.62 mm sniper rifles with the 6.5 mm Creedmoor. That round, according to officials, doubles their hit probability at the 1,000-meter range, increases the effective range by half, reduces wind drift and has less recoil.

That rifle is expected to be fielded by 2022."

Military Times, 13MAR19

Nuff said!

"When 6.5CM shooters try explaining the super natural exterior and interior ballistic attributes but only understand moa scopes."

Wait! Am I being insulted because I don't own a MILDOT scope? Wait, I do own both ... :unsure:

I also own rifles with Vernier and Soule tang sights. I guess that makes me like a "really smart genius." :geek:

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Well I guess I better stop talking shit about the wondercreed...I live pretty close to FNAS...I don’t want ST6 showing up for a water board session until I pledge love for the wondercreed!

Well I guess I better stop talking shit about the wondercreed...I live pretty close to FNAS...I don’t want ST6 showing up for a water board session until I pledge love for the wondercreed!
I did a lot of my shooting with .308, 5.56 and few other calibers when I was in the service. They all have their applications; just because some wannabes feel the need to dress themselves and their rifles in superman capes should not be a a reason to denigrate others preference for a different caliber. I still shoot both my .308, and my 6.5 CM but have yet to call anyone, or anyone's choice of rifle an under-performer, or a "Wonder Rifle" - half baked, and twice as light as Wonder Bread, and I've seen some odd looking builds. You've got to choose for yourself what you prefer shooting but we should show others the respect and courtesy to let them have the same choice. That doesn't mean embrace everything they say for yourself, or let them make their mistakes without offering some advice they can take, or leave but engaging in a back and forth of sarcastic name calling is pointless and has no ballistic, or other value.

I did a lot of my shooting with .308, 5.56 and few other calibers when I was in the service. They all have their applications; just because some wannabes feel the need to dress themselves and their rifles in superman capes should not be a a reason to denigrate others preference for a different caliber. I still shoot both my .308, and my 6.5 CM but have yet to call anyone, or anyone's choice of rifle an under-performer, or a "Wonder Rifle" - half baked, and twice as light as Wonder Bread, and I've seen some odd looking builds. You've got to choose for yourself what you prefer shooting but we should show others the respect and courtesy to let them have the same choice. That doesn't mean embrace everything they say for yourself, or let them make their mistakes without offering some advice they can take, or leave but engaging in a back and forth of sarcastic name calling is pointless and has no ballistic, or other value.

Honestly I think the 65 creed is a great round and if I went back to a 65 it would most likely be a creed.

That said...I love the reactions when someone says ANYTHING bad about the wondercreed....The fan boys get bent outta shape pretty quick!

No one hate creed
Honestly I think the 65 creed is a great round and if I went back to a 65 it would most likely be a creed.

That said...I love the reactions when someone says ANYTHING bad about the wondercreed....The fan boys get bent outta shape pretty quick!
Sold 2 6.5 creed one 6 creed here..nothing against the cartridge but fan base is NUTS! lol ill stick with my few x47 for now

Reactions: Bradu
No one hate creed

Sold 2 6.5 creed one 6 creed here..nothing against the cartridge but fan base is NUTS! lol ill stick with my few x47 for now

I shot 5 6CM barrels.

And yes the fanboys are hardcore when it comes to the wondercreed no matter what flavor...I had a kid in Scheels ready to fist fight over the 65CM a couple months ago and I piss off someone at about every match.

I was at a job walk last week at the UNR here in Reno and over heard some scientists talking...they were saying that if to many wondercreeds were fired at the same time they could possibly knock the world off its axis.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and bjay
I shot 5 6CM barrels.

And yes the fanboys are hardcore when it comes to the wondercreed no matter what flavor...I had a kid in Scheels ready to fist fight over the 65CM a couple months ago and I piss off someone at about every match.

I was at a job walk last week at the UNR here in Reno and over heard some scientists talking...they were saying that if to many wondercreeds were fired at the same time they could possibly knock the world off its axis.
That’s because they have never experienced the wonder of the .260 Remington. It’s the original American 6.5 round, since we don’t do the original 6.5 from Europe.

That’s because they have never experienced the wonder of the .260 Remington. It’s the original American 6.5 round, since we don’t do the original 6.5 from Europe.

Agree 100%...the 260 was my first cartridge when I starting into this..I shot a 260 for 7yrs.

I shot 5 6CM barrels.

The 6.5 CM hater crowd is just as irrational acting like they had something personal stolen from them when you compare ballistics data. Many seem to get some kind of irrational personal enjoyment by provoking arguments with less experienced shooters which they then push to the brink of fist fights.

To me shooting is something I enjoy, I spent years developing my skills. I'm not the Guinness Book of World Records super champ but I'm also not a noob, or someone with a persistent accuracy problem. What I don't enjoy is constant squabbling at the range from those who get a rise out of less experienced by provoking them with statements that infer the thousands they spent on their rifle and scope amount to garbage, or the reaction when the maligned jump to it and feel the need to defend themselves to those who are best ignored.

I always feel the urge to tell them "shut up and send it, or go home!" but I know better than that, send my rounds down range and go home, and look for a different day, or range next time. There are few enough long range facilities out there that the combined squabble crowd of provokers and noobs should not get to noise pollute them all on top. If they want to yack and get their respective cow chips off their shoulders any old Walmart parking lot would do.

Terms like wondercreed, or three-oh-hate belong in the mud pit for those who enjoy wallowing in their emotions at a group session. Anytime you have something that enjoys a bout of popularity and an influx of newcomers you will have those who believe their recent investment is now the summit of perfection, and those who want to increase their stature by "having fun" with them; I instead take the approach that it is better to make them converts by showing them that all calibers have applications, that skill takes practice, that usually you get what you pay for, and that what really counts is performance and target results instead of rhetoric and "cheap shots".

The 6.5 CM hater crowd is just as irrational acting like they had something personal stolen from them when you compare ballistics data. Many seem to get some kind of irrational personal enjoyment by provoking arguments with less experienced shooters which they then push to the brink of fist fights.

To me shooting is something I enjoy, I spent years developing my skills. I'm not the Guinness Book of World Records super champ but I'm also not a noob, or someone with a persistent accuracy problem. What I don't enjoy is constant squabbling at the range from those who get a rise out of less experienced by provoking them with statements that infer the thousands they spent on their rifle and scope amount to garbage, or the reaction when the maligned jump to it and feel the need to defend themselves to those who are best ignored.

I always feel the urge to tell them "shut up and send it, or go home!" but I know better than that, send my rounds down range and go home, and look for a different day, or range next time. There are few enough long range facilities out there that the combined squabble crowd of provokers and noobs should not get to noise pollute them all on top. If they want to yack and get their respective cow chips off their shoulders any old Walmart parking lot would do.

Terms like wondercreed, or three-oh-hate belong in the mud pit for those who enjoy wallowing in their emotions at a group session. Anytime you have something that enjoys a bout of popularity and an influx of newcomers you will have those who believe their recent investment is now the summit of perfection, and those who want to increase their stature by "having fun" with them; I instead take the approach that it is better to make them converts by showing them that all calibers have applications, that skill takes practice, that usually you get what you pay for, and that what really counts is performance and target results instead of rhetoric and "cheap shots".

Some of us have fun with it because of how sensitive people are in today's world. I recommend that caliber to friends when they say they don't plan to reload but then send them creedmore memes after they buy one. It's a great round but is overhyped by a lot of people which is where the bashing comes from.

• Haha
Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix

Some people Have nothing better than insults to post in Internet forums.

Some of us have fun with it because of how sensitive people are in today's world. I recommend that caliber to friends when they say they don't plan to reload but then send them creedmore memes after they buy one. It's a great round but is overhyped by a lot of people which is where the bashing comes from.

I don't see anyone in this thread over hyping it. So why don't you go to where people are actually doing that And chat with them ? You know… straighten them out. Save man kind from their over hyping of 6.5 creedmoor....

Bashing people who like the caliber but understand it has limitations doesn't do anything to silence people who Over hype it.

I don't see anyone in this thread over hyping it. So why don't you go to where people are actually doing that And chat with them ? You know… straighten them out. Save man kind from their over hyping of 6.5 creedmoor....

Bashing people who like the caliber but understand it has limitations doesn't do anything to silence people who Over hype it.

Are you still butthurt Mr .36? I wasn't referring to this thread because obviously there isn't a lot of over hyping it going on here. You are a whiney ass post whore as mentioned before by others.