• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wider Front Rest for Caldwell Rock/ DFT Lead Sled

ronnl001

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2010
I have gotten accustomed to using a Caldwell Lead Sled DFT for use in load testing. I don't want to debate the merits of doing this, and have found that the commonality with the Rock rest (which I was familiar with already) and the repeatability has helped me a lot in load development.

A problem has cropped up, however, in that the front bag is too narrow to work with 308 quad rails -- specifically the one of my LMT MWS AND my KAC SR-25/MK 11.

The forearm on these rifles ends up riding on top of the front rest, which makes it both difficult to get zeroed and very jumpy.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have had all the brands. I think I still have one Eagle laying around. Of the ones I had, I though the Tac Ops was very high quality, but the Triad design is better. The Tac Ops didn't work well on my Manners T2 I had. After a while, I realized that the weight I was saving with non-adjustable stocks was being offset by keeping ammo, wrenches, and everything else in my stock pack, so I just kept that stuff in my main pack and started running slick stocks with adjustable combs like the Manners "A" series and my AI.

My original post may not have been clear. I can't do anything with the mws and won't replace the rail on my kac.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do to get these in the lead sled?

I had the same issue with the ridiculously large rail on my 110 BA Savage. The rail would set on top of the bag. I was able to buy a smaller bag and that fixed the problem entirely

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with the ridiculously large rail on my 110 BA Savage. The rail would set on top of the bag. I was able to buy a smaller bag and that fixed the problem entirely

Source for bag?

Sorry if this doesn't work. I got its from Sportsmans Warehouse locally. Its just a small Caldwell bag

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383624112822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383624112822.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 15
I found it had too many beads in it, so I pulled about a third of it out. In my opinion sand is better