• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

I would suggest that you start a new thread for each event/date. It would certainly avoid confusion and avoid posts regarding one match mixed in with posts regarding another match.

This thread has been running for years and it should be retired.

Oh, *** has the East Coast Match listed as the Designated Marksman Match. They seem to be confused.

BTW, how much do these events cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest that you start a new thread for each event/date. It would certainly avoid confusion and avoid posts regarding one match mixed in with posts regarding another match.

Oh, *** has the East Coast Match listed as the Designated Marksman Match. They seem to be confused.

We keep the thread alive and on-going by the request of both Shooters and Sponsors. Most find it very helpful to get data in here on a single source especially our new shooters.

The DMM Matches are $200 per team with the sign up shooter being responsible for the fee. It includes a match T shirt and BBQ on Sunday

Hope to see you at Woodys

Dave

Woody's designated marksman match
2014 DMM registration is live! As promised this years matches are going to be fun and challenging. Would like to thank DPMS for being the title sponsor. This years matches are a best 2 out of 3 series for the top five teams with each team mate leaving with a rifle in hand thanks to DPMS. A few of them will be the new GEN II platform.

For shooters who have not shot the match before this is a team match. Both team mates will have to shoot. The match is a 5 stage event with steel targets out to 600 yds. Each stage has 6 targets sizes from 4'' to 10" wide. It requires the shooters to shoot in various shooting positions platforms. All shooting is done on the clock with penalties added to your time. Par time are set for each stage along with some Larue target set as no shoots. There is no minimum round count since it is timed. No penalties for missed targets until after the par time goes off. After that a 60 secs. penalty per missed target is add to your time along with 120 secs. for any hit on a no shoot.

All Dates,rules and other matches are posted on the website along with match registration. www.woodysmatch.com Please take a look at all the sponsors!If you have any question feel free to contact Dave or Damon

Last edited:
Dave, Woody,

Has an actual round count been determined for the match?

Kevin

I will be working on the match booklet that all particpants will receive this week at night while out of town. I believe in the thread above we identified 150 rifle and 50 pistol would be a good baseline for a maximum

I will be working on the match booklet that all particpants will receive this week at night while out of town. I believe in the thread above we identified 150 rifle and 50 pistol would be a good baseline for a maximum

Is this for the match or a different match?

We keep the thread alive and on-going by the request of both Shooters and Sponsors. Most find it very helpful to get data in here on a single source especially our new shooters.

The DMM Matches are $200 per team with the sign up shooter being responsible for the fee. It includes a match T shirt and BBQ on Sunday

Hope to see you at Woodys

Dave

I'm going to have to echo this request. As its hard to follow a 23 page thread about 4 different matches and know which match your reply pertains to. For instance someone asked about round count and an answer was given but for which match the answer applied to was not specified.

DMM isn't until May 3rd, today is Feb 24th and the next scheduled match at Woody's is the precision rifle on March 8th & 9th. Round count comment pertains to the precision rifle match.

The DMM specifics and match book won't be out until late April. It's the same information cycle as it's always been. The match gets finalized ~1-2 weeks prior to the event and then the match booklet gets sent a week before the event.

ALWAYS plan on bringing a minimum of 200 rounds of rifle along with 125 pistol rounds. This has been stated numerous times in this thread over the years. Yes this is a long ass thread, but there is a TON of useful information to be gleaned from it for new shooters willing to invest the time reading it.

OK so round count for precision rifle on March 8th & 9th is 150 rifle 50 pistol.

Woody or someone please drop me a line. I need to drop out of the match due to traveling for work

Are the shooters' packets going to be mailed out or picked up at the range? It's getting to be 1 week out and haven't received anything. It'd be nice to have info before I arrive.

I know I saw this somewhere, but where do we look to see what squad we are in for the PRS match next weekend?
Thanks in advance.

Match FAQ sent last night that includes round count and other needed information to the signed up shooters.

Match Pamphlets will go out sometime tomorrow once formatting is completed

See you Next weekend

Semper Fi

Had a new Gen 2 308 AR 10 donated by DPMS show up today for raffle draw at the match

Things are shaping up for the weekend looking forward to seeing you all

Looks like the weather is shaping up for a good match this weekend. I'm dumping the old school rifle for a new Grendel , I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now.

hey dave is the prize table going to be raffle or by where you placed

Prize table for this match is in order of match final results plus a drawing for a new Gen 2 DPMS 308 and the Accu-Shot gift certificates for cold bore shot which will be 1 per squad worth $100 closest to center and the closest for the match getting a $300 certificate all compliments of Kasey. If you have been on the fence for an Atlas or a 2nd one 8 folks should have a very easy decision to make.

Shooters will also get a hard copy match pamphlet, Range and any stage changes sheet, Match T-Shirt, Ballistol wipes and a 5rd AI Mag donated by AI.

Participants will get an e-mail tonight with a reiteration of check in times and the fact list sent last weekend

The match is promising to be a challenge and I think a hell of a lot of fun

After tonight e-mail and post returns will be minimal since Woody and I will be at the range until after the match Sunday

Dave

Prize table for this match is in order of match final results plus a drawing for a new Gen 2 DPMS 308 and the Accu-Shot gift certificates for cold bore shot which will be 1 per squad worth $100 closest to center and the closest for the match getting a $300 certificate all compliments of Kasey. If you have been on the fence for an Atlas or a 2nd one 8 folks should have a very easy decision to make.

Shooters will also get a hard copy match pamphlet, Range and any stage changes sheet, Match T-Shirt, Ballistol wipes and a 5rd AI Mag donated by AI.

Participants will get an e-mail tonight with a reiteration of check in times and the fact list sent last weekend

The match is promising to be a challenge and I think a hell of a lot of fun

After tonight e-mail and post returns will be minimal since Woody and I will be at the range until after the match Sunday

Dave

Every shooter gets an AI mag????

Prize table for this match is in order of match final results plus a drawing for a new Gen 2 DPMS 308 and the Accu-Shot gift certificates for cold bore shot which will be 1 per squad worth $100 closest to center and the closest for the match getting a $300 certificate all compliments of Kasey.

Great way to do it- those who have put in the time and money to excel will be rewarded, but everyone has a chance to walk away with a great rifle too.

Yes sir they supported the match huge and have a couple company staff shooting

Tell them to to build they need to make a left handed rifle. Hehe

The sponsors are awesome to donate time and equipment to our shooting sports.

Looking forward to the match as always. See y'all at the farm!

It was a cold wet day for the RO's shooting today at times the rain was side ways and the DA was well below sea level. Looks great for tomorrow weather wise just a lot of mud.

Look forward to seeing all the shooters tomorrow and it was also great seeing so many of you at early check in today

Just a few photos from Day 1 before I pass out. It was a bit nippy in the morning and once the heavy frost broke combined with the nearly 2" of rain from Thur through the wee hours of Sat....muddy!

Woody/Dave,

As always it was an awesome match! Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this event, was great to be able to come enjoy the farm on a much larger scale. Also want to thank the RO's for helping direct a great course of fire, and the many sponsors that donated to the prize table. Looking forward to 2015!