• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zermatt TL3 to a muzzle loader (list on #162)

When it comes to muzzleloaders I have definitely been living under a rock
If you can twist a pre-fit barrel onto an action, and open up the barrel channel on a stock.
You can build one of these guns in an afternoon
Piece ‘O cake!
It’s too bad Remington went bankrupt. You could buy a single shot action for $400. And those work like a champ!
Savage target actions work great too!!

You guys been living under a rock for the last 8-10 years?...
1000 yard smokeless muzzle loaders have been around a long time...
get your velocities above 3000 FPS with those bullets and now you’re having fun!

Yeah, I agree with @M4guru...

The last muzzleloader I purchased was a Wolf Magnum and I thought 209 shotshell primers were the best thing since pockets... Coming from those tiny little pain in the ass percussion caps that I fumbled every time, it was great.

Sorry for being a dinosaur. But thanks for your input.

You guys are gonna crap your pants when you see what these guns can do!
Best advice I can give you... buy a recoil proof scope
...ok and put a brake on it
...And have a 2lb insert in your A5 stock to help with recoil
:)

Reactions: EN2722
I really want to emphasize how easy it is to build these guns with pre-fit parts

Bohem, I hope you plan on ordering more than 25 actions, pre-fit barrels and modules...
Because one word gets out on this forum how easy it is to build an SML... they gonna sell fast!

I really want to emphasize how easy it is to build these guns with pre-fit parts

Bohem, I hope you plan on ordering more than 25 actions, pre-fit barrels and modules...
Because one word gets out on this forum how easy it is to build an SML... they gonna sell fast!

Really the biggest question was the priming module and breech plug to barrel interface to also include head spacing (if applicable)

Like who builds the parts and where can one purchase said parts

I’ve seen them (on Tv) smack deer at distances unimaginable for a muzzleloader.

There are head spacing kits out there for modules.
Shouldered barrels
Or Remage/Savage barrel nuts to set up your head spacing.

I’m in for one, can you spin one up for an impact?

Can you use bullets such as the Barnes TMZ? Or is there another recommended bullet? Powder recommendations?

Hidesmen in which have claimed a spot at @bohem TL3 (can also be used with an Origin with HTL recoil lug) Muzzle Loader Sale
Date: TBD

Zermatt TL3

Matt_KJ
@Danup8520
@mtnhunter22
@b6graham
@Codiekfx400
@waspocrew
@Slim Reaper
@M4guru
@verdugo60
@hwy1strat

Impact
@Philys21

Current as of December 5th, 2020

More to follow...

Could you swap me to a Origin if Bohem is willing to do one shouldered for it. A thicker recoil lug might be beneficial on this one.

I think that’s one detail that has been left out but will be decided when materials become available.

shoulder pre-fit or barrel nut

Also for the guys who want one, If you could let me know which action you’re running. PM is fine or I’ll send a PM to everyone. I think this will help when it comes to cutting these bad boys.

[/QUOTE]

BAM, nailed it.

Though I'm not sure if I'm going to do Savage and Remage prefits. Not becuase I don't want to but I am concerned about the safety of a small shank like that. I need to do some testing before I jump into it.... [/QUOTE]

This made me think shouldered only, but I May have misinterpreted.

BAM, nailed it.

Though I'm not sure if I'm going to do Savage and Remage prefits. Not becuase I don't want to but I am concerned about the safety of a small shank like that. I need to do some testing before I jump into it....

This made me think shouldered only, but I May have misinterpreted.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I’m sure the mad scientists will work his magic and come up with yet another great product.

Oh hell, put me down for a TL3 as long as the package pricing works out. I don’t even muzzleloader currently but love having extra toys for the TL3 twins.

• Haha
This is probably outlandish but I want one for my DTA SRS A2.

I’m sure @bohem has to answer that one. If he’s willing to do it, then I’ll add you to the list!
That is do-able but not something for a group buy. The barrel extensions are way too expensive to get into a GB deal.

I am working on pricing for a breech plug and a pack of modules to go with the deal.

Barrel blanks are ordered. Lothar Walther 18tw 45's

For now, just shouldered blanks.

Yep I had a nice coues buck at 450 I had to pass on because the old encore is a 250 yard gun at best for me. Super excited to hunt with a 500 yard muzzy!

Reactions: bohem and EN2722
B6graham has a point I don’t want a barrel that won’t work with Bohems solids once he brings them to market due to a slow twist. @bohem

curious what your solids are gonna look like with the 18 twist
I am designing based on an 18tw because of the commonality of it. Most 45 caliber rifles are 18s

The pistol based bores are slower, usually 20s and 24s. I might put something together for them down the road but for now I am focusing on the most prevalent rifle caliber twist rate.

I’m interested, though have a line peak fuzion. This is going to be great for hunting. I too have been living under a rock with muzzle loaders....

What thickness are your bullet jackets going to be?

My 31” Brux barrel has a 1:17 twist it shoots the 335 APBs great.