• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zermatt TL3 to a muzzle loader (list on #162)

Hidesmen in which have claimed a spot at @bohem TL3 (can also be used with an Origin with HTL recoil lug) Muzzle Loader Sale
Date: TBD

Zermatt Arms

Matt_KJ (TL3)
@Danup8520 (Origin)
@mtnhunter22
@b6graham
@Codiekfx400
@waspocrew
@Slim Reaper
@M4guru
@verdugo60
@hwy1strat
@wadebrown
@tsu45 (TL3)
@codym (TL3)
@King_beardsly (TL3)
@evilsvt
@brado16 (Origin)

Impact
@Philys21

Current as of December 7th 2020

More to follow...
Please add me to your running list for an ARC Nuke.
Already run a 45 cal shockwave on a 45 raptor on this rifle, so kinda just makes sense.

Reactions: EN2722
This would be game changing for us guys in southern Ontario Canada. We only have muzzle loader and shotgun seasons. I’d have to drive a few hours and buy property, find crown land or get into a group to hunt whitetail with a rifle. I’ve had multiple shooters this year at ranges of 400-650 yards feeding without a care in the world and I’m stuck with shotgun lol. I hunt the same property with rifle for coyotes as that’s allowed (makes a whole lot of sense doesn’t it). Would love to change my tl3 into a smokeless to help with these situations.

How about doing them for a Tikka? I am in if you can do them for the Tikka.

The tikka isn't on the list because I am concerned about the small diameter thread tenon. They are 1" nominal, thread minor is about 0.909"

Major in the breech plug is .572

Doesn't leave much wall thickness there to contain the pressure.

I am concerned about safety.

I’m highly interested in one for an origin. Being new to muzzleloaders myself, does anyone know about the legality of a setup like this in the western states?

I'm interested to this would be great for hunting in Illinois. I would like to use my Mack brothers evo ss.

I’m highly interested in one for an origin. Being new to muzzleloaders myself, does anyone know about the legality of a setup like this in the western states?
It varies by state and the variables are ignition source (some states are 209 primer, so a large rifle primed module is a no go for MZ season), some limit powder to black powder or substitutes (not really a problem since Blackhorn BH209 works very well with the ASG breech plug ignition) and some states have caliber limits.

I have used one of these smokeless builds (they have evolved over the last 10 years) for several years are they are incredible effective. Most kills have been a total bang and flop instant dirt nap situation

Please put me on the list! Don’t muzzleloader hunt now, always miss out on the season and was going to buy one next year. Love to have a kit to swap out on my TL3 and run one...especially at around 550. Be kind of cool to have a muzzleloader sitting on my element magnesium chassis too.

Running a TL3...have both magnum and 308 bolt faces so doesn’t matter which in the kit.

What powder(s) are most commonly run in these setups? With the scarcity looking to continue well into 2021and perhaps further, I want to keep my eyes peeled so there's no scrambling when this project comes to fruition.

Reactions: hwy1strat
What powder(s) are most commonly run in these setups? With the scarcity looking to continue well into 2021and perhaps further, I want to keep my eyes peeled so there's no scrambling when this project comes to fruition.
H4198 and H322 both work well depending on bullet weight and charge weight. I have used both of these with great results. I am sure others cold work as well.

With a 300 grain bullet...
~70 grains of H4198
~80 grains of H322
~90 grains of IMR3031
~130 grains of RL-16

The slower the powder...the more powder, you use...the faster the bullet goes

The majority of guys are using H4198 or H322

Sorry guys, it didn’t send me any alerts. I’ll go back through the last couple days of comments and add you to the list.

I’ll respond to your post to ensure you’re updated.

This would be game changing for us guys in southern Ontario Canada. We only have muzzle loader and shotgun seasons. I’d have to drive a few hours and buy property, find crown land or get into a group to hunt whitetail with a rifle. I’ve had multiple shooters this year at ranges of 400-650 yards feeding without a care in the world and I’m stuck with shotgun lol. I hunt the same property with rifle for coyotes as that’s allowed (makes a whole lot of sense doesn’t it). Would love to change my tl3 into a smokeless to help with these situations.

List updated (post #64)

We are at 25 members that raised their dick skinner in the air and said they are down to get weird.

I’ll continue to update, but know you’re on the stand-by list in case someone backs out.

Powder thoughts. I don’t have any H322 but I have some Hodgdon Benchmark I assume that it would work. CFE BLK work? I have a ton of that that I’m not using for anything else.

Powder thoughts. I don’t have any H322 but I have some Hodgdon Benchmark I assume that it would work. CFE BLK work? I have a ton of that that I’m not using for anything else.

I use H4198

@bohem are you willing and able to use this action?
Yes, however I need the action here and there will be a small surcharge for the hand fitting and documentation of it.

List updated (post #64)

I appreciate that, but it’s only if I can get it to canada? I know Tom at go big tactical deals with pva but as an individual I can’t purchase gun parts ans bring them across the border

With a 300 grain bullet...
~70 grains of H4198
~80 grains of H322
~90 grains of IMR3031
~130 grains of RL-16

The slower the powder...the more powder, you use...the faster the bullet goes

The majority of guys are using H4198 or H322

I started with 80 grains of H322 and never had to adjust on my arrowhead build.

Attachments

• 6FA15DD6-5A4A-45A7-A2E9-E1123F33F3F5.jpeg
    6FA15DD6-5A4A-45A7-A2E9-E1123F33F3F5.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 65
  • C72283BE-6A3C-4882-AF74-EE3B13D9DB35.jpeg
    C72283BE-6A3C-4882-AF74-EE3B13D9DB35.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Wow
Reactions: Dawhit and EN2722
I am designing based on an 18tw because of the commonality of it. Most 45 caliber rifles are 18s

The pistol based bores are slower, usually 20s and 24s. I might put something together for them down the road but for now I am focusing on the most prevalent rifle caliber twist rate.

I’ll be happy to do some testing for you. I will be taking 7-10 does this year from 100 to 500 yards.

Reactions: EN2722 and bohem
I started with 80 grains of H322 and never had to adjust on my arrowhead build.
What’s the recoil similar to with that charge?

I shoot the paramount without a brake and 105 BH209. It’s got a thump and I can’t stay on target without a brake.

I shoot the paramount without a brake and 105 BH209. It’s got a thump and I can’t stay on target without a brake.

No question you will want a brake. My rifle is 15ish pounds with a brake and kicks. I’m pushing a 300gr bullet 2809fps.

What, if any, muzzle thread is on it?

I made some 45 cal Shockwaves in 3/4-24 for Arrowhead and he ordered some 11/16-24 Jetblasts that we are working on right now.

What, if any, muzzle thread is on it?

I made some 45 cal Shockwaves in 3/4-24 for Arrowhead and he ordered some 11/16-24 Jetblasts that we are working on right now.
I have the 2019 model that isn’t threaded for a brake. The gun shoots great, but would like to have a brake on it.
This is why I’m looking forward to the group but also. I shot my first deer with the muzzleloader this year and I’m hooked!! Rolled a doe at 180 yards and I ve never heard such an amazing sound of impact!

• Love
Reactions: bohem and EN2722
I appreciate that, but it’s only if I can get it to canada? I know Tom at go big tactical deals with pva but as an individual I can’t purchase gun parts ans bring them across the border

Wow, that’s crazy and did not know that.

it may be worth greasing the skids with Tom before this goes live

I have the 2019 model that isn’t threaded for a brake. The gun shoots great, but would like to have a brake on it.
This is why I’m looking forward to the group but also. I shot my first deer with the muzzleloader this year and I’m hooked!! Rolled a doe at 180 yards and I ve never heard such an amazing sound of impact!

Excellent!

If you want a brake on it please do this:

Measure muzzle OD
Email [email protected] and ask him for a slot to send in the barreled action for threading and what that OD measurement is

Price for threading- 125
Price for a brake - 130 to 150

Combo price - 235

If there is any other Canadians interested then let me know so I can tell Tom

Guys, we can do more than 25 people in the GB, I just need to organize it amd get the blanks.

I got the quote in from ASG for modules and breechplugs. Looks like we will be at

Barrel - 475, add muzzle threads for 25
ASG breechplug - 90 (no discount)
Modules per 20pc - 85
PVA Jetblast (11/16-24 threads) - 100
PVA Shockwave (3/4-24 threads) - 115
Cerakote (3 colors, FDE black or OD Green) - 90

Barrels will be SS blanks 18tw .458 caliber from Lothar Walther

Contours available are Med Palma, Marksman, Heavy Palma, M24 all adapter with 5.5" long shanks for safety reasons on the SML barrels.

I am working on putting together a powder drop tube and funnel package as well. And I am also working on putting together a kit of little stuff from Amazon and myself to aid in reloading the modules, carrying powder, etc. That stuff TBD

If @Matt_KJ is up to aid in the organization still I can send him a spreadsheet to work with.

Deposits required for the GB will be 50% to help cover the cost of parts being ordered for you.