• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1mile with .308 6x's ---- real?

Re: 1mile with .308 6x's ---- real?

FWIW, time of flight should be in the area of 3.3 seconds for a 175 smk at 2650fps.

I have seen that video before. I believe him. His TOF is about what it should be. He probably needed allot of adjustment , i would imagine he ran out and held over. I would guess he had about 120-150 moa or more.

yea i could see a hit or 2 but not that close (relatively) at 1 mile with .308.

They were about 20' apart? Yeah I have no doubt that is real.

this is kinda funny... the guy is hitting the broadside of a cliff and he's calling it 'six hits' or whatever... I thought the point was trying to like a more useful sized target like an IPSC or something of that dimensions.

I'm not impressed. That cliff is not the size of a car. More like an apartment building.

Also I'd use Google earth to get a rough feel for is the target in a vicinity of a mile distance, but an LRF or some other measuring device onsite is the only way to be sure what you are shooting at, and at what angle, etc...

I LMAO whenthe guy said that hole in the center was 10 inches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I LMAO whenthe guy said that hole in the center was 10 inches. </div></div>

Someone asks what size the whole is in the comments. His reply is:

"The hole is a washed out bowl in the rock face. We have been within 500 yards of it and&#65279; I'd say that it is about 60" I'm pretty sure you could fit a fridge in it."

I say the video is real. The spotter tried to exaggerate things a bit, but the shooter seems genuine. He hit a building-size rock at a mile. Is that hard to believe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I LMAO whenthe guy said that hole in the center was 10 inches. </div></div>

Someone asks what size the whole is in the comments. His reply is:

"The hole is a washed out bowl in the rock face. We have been within 500 yards of it and&#65279; I'd say that it is about 60" I'm pretty sure you could fit a fridge in it."

I say the video is real. The spotter tried to exaggerate things a bit, but the shooter seems genuine. He hit a building-size rock at a mile. Is that hard to believe? </div></div>

Don't doubt that the video is genuine. I was just commenting on the spotter's comment. That's all.

+100! I thought it was 14" my bad LOL LOL LMFAO!!!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I LMAO whenthe guy said that hole in the center was 10 inches. </div></div>

Fella up here is having a fun shoot where 308s will be shot to 1760 yards. Will be targets closer. Target will be steel painted orange. Maybe 3' wide x 5' tall.

This guy has been using a Savage F/TR with factory barrel. Trying 155s right up to 210 grain bullets. In testing he has had reasonable success.

I think that the max range on the 308 is around 1500 yards with a handload to be even close to on target. At least that has been my experience.