• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

22ARC buffer system advice

bobke

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2010
    Hill Country, Texas
    Have a current project to put together 5 22ARC AR’s for a friend and his family. Not a 100% blank check, but am going quite light per request. Am normally a JP SCS user in an assortment of 223/6.5GR, and have no reason to believe they wouldn’t work in 22ARC, but have no experience with the A5 setup from either BCM/SOLGW. From your experience, is there a compelling reason/logic to take that path or stick with SCS. 18” Proof CF barrels that will be shot 100% suppressed with Tion or Huxworx cans. Appreciate the assembled wisdom, as always.

Reactions: mettee and simonp
    Here are a few 22 ARC rifles built up with the BCM MK 2 recoil system using the T1 weight recoil buffer. They all seemed happy with this recoil system.

IMG_3420.jpeg
    IMG_4198.jpeg
    IMG_4658.jpeg
    Here are a few 22 ARC rifles built up with the BCM MK 2 recoil system using the T1 weight recoil buffer. They seem happy with this recoil system.

Thanks. These are going to be built on V7 Sovereign FA receivers with a bunch of V7 kit. My thought is that it might be easier to tune the A5 with buffer weight and/or springs, though my experience is largely Grendel/223 related. Not sure if ARC. needs a T1/T2 buffer for proper function, as they’ll be suppressed full time. Will also use JP FMOS BCG.
    Have a great appreciation for the quality of your work and have modeled a number of my personal builds along your reference points. Thx for feedback.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JS8588
    If you plan on using flow through suppressors like hux, they will be much easier to tune using the standard springs/buffers, or a standard A5 set up. Definitely use a superlative arms adjustable gas block, or any adjustable block you like to give that option.

At most you might need a slight increase in buffer weight due to the use of the suppressor, but I do think the A5 systems run better and seem to tune better naturally.

Reactions: JS8588