• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC Reloading for the Berger 156gr EOL

biggin69

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2003
New Mexico
Hello;
I just started working on some new loads for my Seekins Havak Element in 6.5 PRC with the Berger 156gr EOL bullet
Starting loads where determined using Quickload 3.9. COAL at 3.055". Trimmed to 2.015" CCI-200 primer.

At this time i was just looking at measured velocities and checking the brass for signs of over pressure.

IMR-7977
57.0 gr - 2742 fps
58.0 gr - 2810 fps

IMR-8133
59.0gr - 2781 fps
60.0gr - 2820 fps

This is just a start as information I have found online is limited. Any information that you can offer based on your experience would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

There is a TON of reloading data on this forum for Berger 156s and the prc. Did you even look? Not being a dick but it’s pretty easy to find a TON of reloading info for the 6.5 prc here

Thanks for reply. I hadnt really looked on SH but Im on it now!
If your on Facebook join 6.5 prc shooters group. We got almost 8k people and there is everything you could ever want for data wise in a prc. Most of us there shoot the 156s. Tons and tons of data there. There is a ton on here as well but it’s not all in one place so my apologies about my first comment. It’s all here just not as easy to navigate as I made out to believe.

Should be able to bump it up a bit depending on barrel length...a 26 inch barrel can get them over 2900 easy.

There is a TON of reloading data on this forum for Berger 156s and the prc. Did you even look? Not being a dick but it’s pretty easy to find a TON of reloading info for the 6.5 prc here
I’m looking for load data for 6.5 PRC, 156 Gr Bergers, Retumbo. I did a search for it and only one result came up but it had nothing to do with Berger bullets. Where am I going wrong?