• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors AAC M4 2000 defective latch

workingman1976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
Has anyone had a problem with their M4 2000? The latch wont stay locked onto my 51T brake, and it spins freely. I contacted AAC on this matter, and I am shipping it back to them. I had other postings on this issue on another forum, and they stated they were told some of the batches of latched were not properly heat treated. I have approx. 1500 to 2000 rounds of use on this can.

Re: AAC M4 2000 defective latch

I have the same problem with mine. I just dont want to send it back yet lol.

Yep. Same thing happened to me in my 762SD. I've sent it back and hoping to have the can back soon.

Holding the latch down while you spin the suppressor on will basically make the latch last forever. My SPR-m4 shows no wear since new in 2008.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasGunTrustLawer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recommend holding the latch down so it doesn't rub across thecteeth unnecessarily. </div></div>

do you think you should have to do this?

sure love my SF cans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasGunTrustLawer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recommend holding the latch down so it doesn't rub across thecteeth unnecessarily. </div></div>

is that in the aac instructions anywhere?

Not that I know of....but it's common sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not that I know of....but it's common sense. </div></div>

ha. clearly you haven't worked with the public. I have taken that phrase completely out of my vocabulary when troubleshooting an issue.

the first thing i look for was something like "did you tell them not to set the oven on fire?"

I've had the same problem with my 762-SD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasGunTrustLawer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recommend holding the latch down so it doesn't rub across thecteeth unnecessarily. </div></div>

do you think you should have to do this? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raider1v1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasGunTrustLawer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recommend holding the latch down so it doesn't rub across thecteeth unnecessarily. </div></div>

is that in the aac instructions anywhere? </div></div>

Nowhere in the instructions does it say to hold down the latch when attaching the can. As far as I can tell, there is no official publication or announcement from AAC on the subject of latch teeth wear, or the bad heat treating found on some latches. I don't know how many latches are bad, but I've had three that have displayed signs of improper heat treatment, and I've seen a fourth latch on another can start to display similar signs of latch wear after only 25 attachments, all of which were during the course of normal use i.e. at the shooting range.