• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Am I going to be robbed/murdered and possibly raped in New Ellenton SC?

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Looking at relocating to New Ellenton SC for a job. I was looking at a town just in the outskirts of town that looks fairly safe. Snelling is the town. Does anyone have any experience in the area? Crime statistics acts as if the whole area is pretty hot. Anyone know of rentals or safe places to live at?

Other option is possible moving to the outskirts of Concord, New Hampshire, but seeing how Blue that area I think I may pass that opportunity.

Augusta is ghetto AF besides Augusta National. Columbia has some rough areas too. New Ellenton is basically triangulated from those two. Potential for crime is definitely there.

Other option is possible moving to the outskirts of Concord, New Hampshire, but seeing how Blue that area I think I may pass that opportunity.
Advantages of living in New Hampshire... close to schloss nitrocellulose and my legendary Pig 'Pickins. Disadvantage... it is North Boston and 100 percent communist schlong-gobblers. Plus the 'no taxes' look good, until you look at property taxes in a lot of towns.

South Carolina... If you can accept the concept of sticking to your car seat every time you open the door between April and November.... and giant cockroaches. And it's South Carolina... much better option. And they have wicked good pig 'pickin's too.

Comes down to... do you like to sweat or freeze?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Advantages of living in New Hampshire... close to schloss nitrocellulose and my legendary Pig 'Pickins. Disadvantage... it is North Boston and 100 percent communist schlong-gobblers. Plus the 'no taxes' look good, until you look at property taxes in a lot of towns.

South Carolina... If you can accept the concept of sticking to your car seat every time you open the door between April and November.... and giant cockroaches. And it's South Carolina... much better option. And they have wicked good pig 'pickin's too.

Cheers,

Sirhr
So.....butt sweat streaks or nad shrinkage...

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Let's see....... South Carolina.........Lindsey Graham.......yes you will be robbed ,raped ,murdered and all the above . Nice knowing you !

I am surprised that no one was salty enough to roast you based on the title.

Of course you will not be raped. You ain't that pretty.

Then, again, thanks for leaving me an easy one.

I am about 80 miles away in rural GA. Suggest you look for acreage outside of town - property should be relatively cheap away from Augusta. Commute will be easy. Augusta has most shopping you need.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Im torn between the two, I’d like to get back to WV in a few years. The New Hampshire job is with the NRCS the one in SC is with the Forest Service. I think Id learn more at the Forest Service job and have a better chance of getting home. New Hampshire just seems kind of cool lol. Ive heard its like WV in some ways with fresh seafood.

Reactions: Howland
Parts of New Ellenton can be rough but overall it's not a bad area. The schools are terrible. Jackson isn't a bad area as crime goes. What forest service facility would you be based out of?

remember to always

but to answer your question yes , yes you are mugged then raped . Remember people appreciate a reach around it's a gesture that may may them think twice about killing you after it's all said and done . smile god loves you lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
NH is real nice if you can tolerate the snow. Yea there is some spill over of idiots from Boston, but it’s no where near anything like Boston/ mass. Further up you go, the less spill over.

They are liberal in certain ways but do love their guns

Reactions: Nik H
I’m not sure which is worse honestly….
I work in Dallas. But I work on the west side, where people actually work. My primary carry is my M&P 9 mm in an OWB covered by a large fishing shirt. But during the peaceful protests a year ago, my secondary carry, in a non-rambunctious soft carrier, was my M4 A3 in 5.56. One 30 rd mag in with one in the chamber, safety on. And 5 more 30 rd mags loaded. For my 9, 3 17 rd mags loaded, one in with one in the pipe. Another hundred rounds on and about my person with a loader for the magazine. Never had to need it. First, I stay away from trouble areas. Second, where I work is where people go to work and peaceful protesters are deathly afraid of work.

But I live 55.5 miles away from work. However, all these californians have moved here and I saw thick traffic tonight. Years ago, on Thanksgiving night, I would probably see one of two private vehicles on the freeway, maybe a few semis. Now, it is just slammed to the border. Thanks to commie Newsom.

Last edited:
I work in Dallas. But I work on the west side, where people actually work. My primary carry is my M&P 9 mm in an OWB covered by a large fishing shirt. But during the peaceful protests a year ago, my secondary carry, in a non-discrete soft carrier, was my M4 A3 in 5.56. One 30 rd mag in with one in the chamber, safety on. And 5 more 30 rd mags loaded. For my 9, 3 17 rd mags loaded, one in with one in the pipe. Another hundred rounds on and about my person with a loader for the magazine. Never had to need it. First, I stay away from trouble areas. Second, where I work is where people go to work and peaceful protesters are deathly afraid of work.

But I live 55.5 miles away from work. However, all these californians have moved here and I saw thick traffic tonight. Years ago, on Thanksgiving night, I would probably one of two private vehicles on the freeway, maybe a few semis. Now, it is just slammed to the border. Thanks to commie Newsom.
I’m just north of Dallas bout an hr. No peaceful protestors here. I still carry a G19 daily and there is an m4 under my backseat with spare mags and my plate carrier. Tons of people on the road tonight. I agree, more so than years past.

Reactions: Ronws
Looking at relocating to New Ellenton SC for a job. I was looking at a town just in the outskirts of town that looks fairly safe. Snelling is the town. Does anyone have any experience in the area? Crime statistics acts as if the whole area is pretty hot. Anyone know of rentals or safe places to live at?
What is the job with USFS? Discipline?

Political nightmare in NH. We have excellent gun laws down here. The part of town you choose, and the company you keep, will determine your risk. South Carolina for the win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howland
I've lived in SC for eight years. Prior to coming here, I had spent my whole adult life in NH, some of that in the "outskirts of Concord."

First I'll address what seems to be your primary concern, crime. When I moved down, I checked the homicide rates. SC was seven times higher per capita than NH! It is reasonable to assume the non homicide violent crime rates are a similar ratio. More recent info attached.

Screenshot_20221121-123108_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221121-122928_Chrome.jpg

NH is finally Constitutional Carry. SC tried last year but we'll have to get a few more RINO Senators to take the Hugh Leatherman conversion. (He was a Senator who finally died.) To get a CWP, you'll have to take a day long class. Complete waste of time for anyone already familiar with firearms. Find a class & wait for an opening. The live fire requirements are waived for veterans. Then put together your application including fingerprints. They are required to issue within 90 days but if you wear a badge, requirements are really only suggestions. They will look at your application for the first time around day 80. Or maybe day 84. Awe hell. They'll open it up whenever they feel like it. Who are they kidding. At least they dropped the $50 licensing fee. Until you have the CWP, you can keep a loaded pistol in your glove box or console of your car, just don't bring it out. You can get jammed up. See @Mike Islander for the money quote, "The part of town you chose, and the company you keep, will determine your risk."

I think the last property tax bill in NH was around $6,500. SC the following year was around $750 for a lesser valued home in SC. Your real estate dollars go a lot further in SC. If we could have put our NH house on a flatbed and brought it to SC, it would have dropped 30-35% once here.

NH has no sales or income tax unless some of your income is interest or dividends. SC is nominally 7% on both. Counties can increase the sales tax. Between the two states, it almost comes out in the wash but yes, SC spends more than NH.

Down Augusta way, it can definitely get a bit hot and sticky in the summer. A light jacket will be fine for winter. I'm up in the NW corner of SC and summers are a bit more tolerable because I'm out of the lowlands with a bit of elevation. Winter is a joke compared to NH. Just a chance of flurries will shut everything down. I do mean everything. The most I've seen is 5". Some winters none but one storm with 2-4" is about average.

I'm guessing you're into shooting. SC has a fair number of public shooting ranges and apparently a 100 yard rifle range and a pistol bay seems to be enough for most people. That means fewer private clubs but there are a few in that area where you can stretch it out a bit further.

Best of luck!

I've lived in SC for eight years. Prior to coming here, I had spent my whole adult life in NH, some of that in the "outskirts of Concord."

First I'll address what seems to be your primary concern, crime. When I moved down, I checked the homicide rates. SC was seven times higher per capita than NH! It is reasonable to assume the non homicide violent crime rates are a similar ratio. More recent info attached.

View attachment 8006757
View attachment 8006758

NH is finally Constitutional Carry. SC tried last year but we'll have to get a few more RINO Senators to take the Hugh Leatherman conversion. (He was a Senator who finally died.) To get a CWP, you'll have to take a day long class. Complete waste of time for anyone already familiar with firearms. Find a class & wait for an opening. The live fire requirements are waived for veterans. Then put together your application including fingerprints. They are required to issue within 90 days but if you wear a badge, requirements are really only suggestions. They will look at your application for the first time around day 80. Or maybe day 84. Awe hell. They'll open it up whenever they feel like it. Who are they kidding. At least they dropped the $50 licensing fee. Until you have the CWP, you can keep a loaded pistol in your glove box or console of your car, just don't bring it out. You can get jammed up. See @Mike Islander for the money quote, "The part of town you chose, and the company you keep, will determine your risk."

I think the last property tax bill in NH was around $6,500. SC the following year was around $750 for a lesser valued home in SC. Your real estate dollars go a lot further in SC. If we could have put our NH house on a flatbed and brought it to SC, it would have dropped 30-35% once here.

NH has no sales or income tax unless some of your income is interest or dividends. SC is nominally 7% on both. Counties can increase the sales tax. Between the two states, it almost comes out in the wash but yes, SC spends more than NH.

Down Augusta way, it can definitely get a bit hot and sticky in the summer. A light jacket will be fine for winter. I'm up in the NW corner of SC and summers are a bit more tolerable because I'm out of the lowlands with a bit of elevation. Winter is a joke compared to NH. Just a chance of flurries will shut everything down. I do mean everything. The most I've seen is 5". Some winters none but one storm with 2-4" is about average.

I'm guessing you're into shooting. SC has a fair number of public shooting ranges and apparently a 100 yard rifle range and a pistol bay seems to be enough for most people. That means fewer private clubs but there are a few in that area where you can stretch it out a bit further.

Best of luck!

Great insight and stats. Regarding the murder rate, review it by race to get an accurate picture of your risk. Is this meaningful? Subtract black on black murder from the US statistics and we end up comparable to Canada on gun crimes.

The crime rates are just like everywhere else, certain cities have high concentration of certain high crime people. Everywhere else is great. SC is a great place, but stay the hell out of Augusta and Columbia. It is just a few clicks hotter than hell but that's the south for ya

Unfortunately, crime rates can be deceiving - Savannah, GA led the nation for murders for a while and that surge of murders was mostly in a specific area that most Savannah natives would never enter.

The key to success moving to the southeast is to sort you housing searches by racial demographics, and then schools.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
The key to success moving to the southeast is to sort you housing searches by racial demographics, and then schools.
Assume private schools in GA in many cases (or home school now). I was a Southern Baptist in the Catholic high school.

Assume private schools in GA in many cases (or home school now). I was a Southern Baptist in the Catholic high school.
Not so much private schools, because those are everywhere. You want to search by public schools. The best public schools are usually in areas with low crime, and good paying jobs, and a certain demographic that isn’t known for high crime rates. That’s about as politically correct as I can say it.

Not so much private schools, because those are everywhere. You want to search by public schools. The best public schools are usually in areas with low crime, and good paying jobs, and a certain demographic that isn’t known for high crime rates. That’s about as politically correct as I can say it.
I will be interested to see what research yields for "best public schools" in a 100 mile radius of Augusta. "Best public schools" trick may work in Atlanta suburbs. Private schools are not everywhere in GA/SC once you get away from the more affluent suburbs.

I will be interested to see what research yields for "best public schools" in a 100 mile radius of Augusta. "Best public schools" trick may work in Atlanta suburbs. Private schools are not everywhere in GA/SC once you get away from the more affluent suburbs.
Do your research, but demographics and public school rankings within an area will point you in the right direction. Price for rent, mortgage should not be the main factor and deciding where to live.

De facto segregation in the southeast is a thing.

Reactions: BCP
private schools in GA
My daughter went to a $15k/yr private school thru middle school, one of the "top rated" in the state of GA. The kids were mostly assholes and the drug problems were unbelievable. Getting her out and into government high school was the best thing we ever did.

Aiken SC is a nice place if you stay away from the 'burbs. We've been out there dozens of times, daughter competed in equestrian.

There are websites that aggregate school statistics like reading scores, demographics, etc. Schooladvisor for one. You can look up various schools and its pretty obvious which ones are hoodrat schools and which ones are normal.

simply not enough Amish there for me

1669332680669.png

looks like the local high school specializes in free lunch

1669333021548.png

and with ZERO Amish and ZERO Asians in the area, how the fuck is the diversity score an A?
oh wait, diversity only means lots of one race....